PDA

View Full Version : A few questions

Blight
07-26-2003, 06:25 PM
1) What's number is considered to be maintenance ? I've heard 10-12 times your current bodyweight. True?

2)How many calories above maintenance should you be eating in order to bulk?

2) How many to cut?

JuniorMint6669
07-26-2003, 07:54 PM
1) Varies GREATLY depending on your activity level. 10-12 are rough estimates, and good starting points if you are unsure. Just adjust +/- depending on whether you are gaining or losing at those calories.

2)+500 hoping to gain ~1 pound per week, and attempting to minimize fat gain

3)-500, hoping to lose ~1 pound per week, and attempting to minimize muscle loss

If you are really heavy, perhaps you could eat a lot less(to cut). If you are really light, perhaps you could eat a lot more (to bulk). But really, i dont think they are any SET guidelines.

bradley
07-27-2003, 04:14 AM
Originally posted by Blight
1) What's number is considered to be maintenance ? I've heard 10-12 times your current bodyweight. True?

The formulas you are describing above are at best a good estimate of what your daily cals should be, seeing as how they do not take into account activity level, bf%, etc.

12*bw cut
15-16*bw maintenance
18*bw bulking

2)How many calories above maintenance should you be eating in order to bulk?

Increase daily cals in small increments each week until you are gaining a small amount of weight each week. (~.5-1lb. per week)

2) How many to cut?

Use the same method as above except decrease cals instead of increase. I would recommend losing ~1lb. per week, but as Juniormint stated your bf% would also be a determining factor as to how much you should try to lose each week.