PDA

View Full Version : to lose weight..

snow
07-26-2003, 09:14 PM
my girl wants to lose weight.. she's not really that big anyway.. maybe 135, 5'7 :confused:

but i need your expert opinions.. how many calories should she consume to lose weight.. maybe 5 or 10 or 15 pounds? and what would be some good food she can eat.. i don't think she eats that healthy. :)

bradley
07-27-2003, 04:21 AM
Originally posted by snow
my girl wants to lose weight.. she's not really that big anyway.. maybe 135, 5'7 :confused:

but i need your expert opinions.. how many calories should she consume to lose weight.. maybe 5 or 10 or 15 pounds? and what would be some good food she can eat.. i don't think she eats that healthy. :)

Well to lose weight she needs to create a small calorie deficit each day, and this can be accomplished through diet, activity, or a combination of the two. She needs to determine how many cals she is currently eating on the average day and decrease this amount in small increments each week until she is losing the desired amount of weight each week.

As far as food choices go, stick with lean protein sources, low GI carbs, and healthy fats.

Here are a few foods that should give you the basic idea:)

protein- poultry, eggs, fish, lean beef, dairy products, etc.

carbs- oats, sweet potatoes, veggies, fruits, beans,

fats- nuts, natural peanut butter, oily fish (salmon for example), fish oil, flaxseed oil, olive oil

snow
07-27-2003, 06:53 AM

RhodeHouse
02-09-2012, 10:58 AM
First of all, at 5'7" 135lbs, she's perfect. She needs to get her head out of her ass and not get caught up in what the scale says. It's much more important for her clothes to fit the way she wants or to feel good. The weight shouldn't ever matter unless she's a fat slob.

Second, does she workout? Run? Lift weights? What is she doing now? If she's doing nothing, all she has to do is exercise and work her ass off. There's no need to go changing eating habits, exercise habits and every other little tidbit people cna think of to lose 5-10lbs. If she does nothing and start lifting weights 3x a week, she'll be just fine.

The last thing in the world a woman should do is start measuring food and counting calories, Especially when she probably doesn't really need to lose weight. She just needs to get in better shape so she feels better about herself.

Measuring and counting calories wil lead to some eating disorders and a terribly unhealthy relationship with food. Women are already fucked up because of supermodels and all the bullshit the media puts into what "looks" good.

If she doesn't like how she feels, tell her to hit the weights 2-3x a week and do some REAL cardio 2-3x a week. If it's easy, it's useless. If she does this she's needs to lift heavier and run faster. It's really that simple. Work harder.

On the food side, she probably drinks wine as all women do. Stop this bullshit. If she wants to feel like shit, she should keep drinking wine. She doesn't eat nearly enough protein because she's probably lazy about preparing food. Everything she eats should be loaded with protein and it's not. It's a very high carb based diet.

It's the same old story. She has to want to do it and has to think differently about food and exercise.

fpr
02-09-2012, 12:38 PM
Imagine if his girl had gone on a bulk the past 9 years -- how old this post is -- and lifted heavy, she'd be a beast!!!