PDA

View Full Version : What is the best source for nutrition info.

TommyLee
07-28-2003, 12:32 AM
I'm having a hard time finding info on nutrition. Everything on the net seems to be an advertisement or a $60 book. All I want is nutritional information to help me hit my goals. Where do I look? I'm not a body builder. I'm 6'2" and weigh 190lbs. I want to lose BF and gain muscle. Hopefully 195 lean pounds. I want a meal plan that will help me get to my goals. I'm making some gains in the gym, but not enough. I know the nutritional element is what is missing. Any advice? Anyone with similar goals with a meal plan? Thanks

Mic Soloist
07-28-2003, 12:50 AM
heres a good one

http://www.calorieking.com/foods/category.php?category_id=21

-peace-

TommyLee
07-28-2003, 02:18 AM
Wow, I want to gain weight or atleast muscle mass and the calorie king says I'm over weight by 23 lbs... Good info on the site though. Thanks.

Anyone else?

bradley
07-28-2003, 02:30 AM
What does your average daily diet look like now?

There really is no one size fits all diet, and trial and error is the best way to determine what works best for you. There are a few things that should be included in your diet, such as making sure that you are taking in adequate protein and essential fatty acids (EFAs). IMO you should take in ~1g of protein per lb. of bw and ~25% of cals from fat (healthy sources).

Also while it is possible to lose weight and gain muscle simultaneously, I believe you will see better results concentrating on one goal at a time. Eating slightly above maintenance or slightly below maintenance, while gaining/losing a small amount of weight each week is the best route IMO. If you do happen to lose some bf while gaining muscle then that is just icing on the cake so to speak.:)

jugheadkills
07-28-2003, 03:11 PM
www.wannabebigforums.com diet forums. everyone wants to lose fat and gain muscle mass. you have come to the right place

Fenway
07-29-2003, 02:26 PM
yeah, your close to my heigh and weight, i may have abit more body fat than you, i am about to start a journal with my weights and diet etc....

i would be interested in swapping ideas/info with you b/c i found it tough to find someone at a similar level that i am at....

LAM
07-29-2003, 02:34 PM
http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/cgi-bin/nut_search.pl

Reinier
07-29-2003, 05:25 PM
:withstupi