PDA

View Full Version : HELP I'm stuck at the same weight

Mistress Dee
07-28-2003, 06:15 PM
:help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help:

Here's my dilemma. 34yo female. Stopped smoking about 1.5 years ago. Put on 15 lbs. Started working out and changing eating habits in Jan 03. Dropped the 15lbs pretty quick.

Have not lost a thing since about May.:confused: Started weight training with my husband in jan. Added walking 2 miles a night in early July. Also ride a stationary bike for 30 minutes 3 days a week.

Hare is something close to my daily diet.

M1: 2 hard boiled eggs, 3 pieces turkey bacon and 2 pieces WW toast.

M2: Lunch meat sandwich. (ham or roast beef) cheese and some pretzels.

M3: Chicken breast or pork chop. Veggies (corn,greenbeans) Baked potato.

Occasionally have a craving for ice cream in the evening.(Damn sweet tooth)

My original goal was to lose 4lbs per month from Jan to Dec for a total of 48lbs or to hit 135lbs.

My husband says not to worry so much about weight as we are doing weight training and muscle weighs more than fat.

Thanks in advance for all your help. :)

Don Birnam
07-28-2003, 08:44 PM
Well if you think you're replacing fat with muscle you should probably measure your body-fat percentage. Also your arms and waist would be getting smaller because muscle weighs more than fat... ie. if you were replacing 2 pounds of fat with 2 pounds of muscle you would be smaller. Your husband is right in the sense that you shouldn't worry about the number... more important is your body-fat percentage. Losing 5 pounds might make you look worse if it's 4 pounds of muscle and a pound of fat. Good luck.

bradley
07-29-2003, 02:32 AM
Originally posted by Mistress Dee
Hare is something close to my daily diet.

M1: 2 hard boiled eggs, 3 pieces turkey bacon and 2 pieces WW toast.

M2: Lunch meat sandwich. (ham or roast beef) cheese and some pretzels.

M3: Chicken breast or pork chop. Veggies (corn,greenbeans) Baked potato.

Occasionally have a craving for ice cream in the evening.(Damn sweet tooth)

When is your workout in relation to your meals?

Also you need to get more fat in your diet, more specifically omega 3 fatty acids. I would recommend inculiding oily fish such as salmon or supplementing with fish oil to make sure you are getting adequate amounts of n-3 fats in your diet.

At first glance that does not look like very many cals for someone with your current activity level, but this would also depend on portion sizes. How many cals do you estimate your diet to be right now? You can use a site like www.fitday.com to help you track your cals.

My husband says not to worry so much about weight as we are doing weight training and muscle weighs more than fat.

He is right, and the mirror and a tape measure are good guides as well. I also use my clothes as a general guideline to judge my progress, but as pointed out above going by bf% would probably be the most accurate method of tracking progress.

Welcome to WBB:)