PDA

View Full Version : Supplementing after cardio

ftotti10
07-30-2003, 03:20 AM
I've been supplementing the same after cardio as I would after weight training and following the same meal plan. Because of this I have not lost any muscle mass from cardio.

Do I need to be this diligent when it comes to cardio, or could I cut back a little on the supplementation. Supplements aren't cheap as you know.

Specifically how important are creatine, protein and glucose after cardio training?

Holto
07-30-2003, 08:12 AM
you need to tell us what you were taking...

bradley
07-30-2003, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by ftotti10
Do I need to be this diligent when it comes to cardio, or could I cut back a little on the supplementation. Supplements aren't cheap as you know.

Specifically how important are creatine, protein and glucose after cardio training?

This would depend on intensity and duration of the cardio.

ftotti10
07-30-2003, 10:47 AM
It is 1 hour long training session twice a week and a match for 90 minutes once a week.
Directly after each session I consume 1 scoop whey, 5 grams creatine, glucose and 10 grams glutamine.
This is followed by a high carb\low fat meal within the hour following, followed by a casein shake.

bradley
07-30-2003, 11:02 AM
Sounds fine to me and if the above is working then I would not change anything.

Although if it is an intense match you might think about drinking some sort of carb drink during the 90 minutes match that you have once per week.

ectx
07-30-2003, 01:29 PM
When I was trying to drop weight I would consume 40 g of a mixed source shake mixed in with 2 tablespoons of flax. Granted, you may be trying to gain weight or maintain; in which case I agree with bradley.

furious
07-30-2003, 10:20 PM
Hey,

I am assuming you are refering to soccer, and as I follow a similar schedule, I can provide my experience. I take 40g protein, 30g of carbs, 5g glutamine after training, and I have found it makes a big difference. You can run up to 9 miles over 9 minutes, so supplementation is important in muscular recovery. I love the beautiful game, and the I feel correct supplimentation can help take you to the next level.