PDA

View Full Version : AndresC's Journal

AndresC
07-30-2003, 11:37 AM
I plan to post here everyday in order to keep myself focused and clear minded. I believe that keeping a journal will help me sort things on in my head by writing them down. It will also be fun to look back and read some day.

So where to start? Right now i'm at working...killing time, can't wait till I get off.

I'm thinking about installing Counter-Strike again. It's only going to hurt me but it's so damn fun. Maybe i'll uninstall UT2k3 to make up for it? That's why I uninstalled Vice City. So I only have two games to alternate between. I need to be more productive.

We might go tubebing down the river today. That's always fun. Hope it is at hot today as it was yesterday. Getting drunk is pretty fun but I just wish there wasn't so many calories in beer. Atleast we drink BudLight but still it's like all the hard work for that day is wasted by drinking 6 beers.

If I don't go tubeing i'll definitly go do someting out side. Freesebe with Ashis is pretty good. I can't belive how hot and how much of a sweat you can build up by playing freesbe! I feel like running a mile today also. Maybe i'll go to Bally's and go ass wild on the tridmill or the other running machine. I don't know the name of it but it makes you sweat nicly. I favor the tridmill still b/c it helps your lungs. Not everyone can run a mile on a tridmill but I belive most could on the other machine.

Today being wendsay is legs. I'm not looking forward to that I can already tell i'm going to be sore and i'm going to walk all funny for a few days.

Sunday is going to be so fun. My first AutoX event, woot. I'm kinda neverous because I don't want to make a fool of myself but I normally do quite well under pressure.

I need to add some structure ot my logs...hmm.

Today after work i'm going to make that tuna peta pocket, I can't wait. It's going to be so good I can already tell.

The past 2 recipies have been very good aswell. I'm glad I bought that magazine. I'm going to post the 5 recipies on the forum so others can try them.

30 more minutes untill i'm off work. I gues i'll go read some at honda-tech.

AndresC
07-31-2003, 01:39 AM
Thursday, July 31,03

Today was not to shabby. After work I went home and made my healthy petia, which filled me up more than expected.

I waited for one of my roomates to come home and then we went to the Bellevue Park. This park is friggin sweet! There are tons of heathly athletic people there so it's a very good enviroment.

We threw the frisbe for over an hr. Anyone who thinks you can't break a sweat throwing frisbe is doing it wrong! I had more sweat comming down my face than I could handel. I had to wipe my face off with my t-shirt b/c it was drippin in my eye. I played the whole time w/o my shirt which was a nice way to work on the tan. I'm becomming more comfortible with allow my back to be viewed by strangers.

FYI I have a 12-13 inch scar on my back from a back operation. It used to and still does inhibit me from being more social. Espcially around girls! I havn't been to the beach with others around for about 5 years. This summer has been great b/c i'm learning to be alot more confident and just going out there and having fun. Which chicks dig.

After the park we had a Slupy which was like the happening thing at the momment. There were atleast 7 people in-line buying slurpys!

We then went over to Bally's and hit the treadmill and running machine. We did the running machine for 20 minutes which got the swear pouring again. I then had a pretty good fast and hard run on the tridmill to finish up. Today I think i've sweat more than in the past week combined. My roomate made some Jambalaya which is something I hardly ever eat but it was very good. I'm not about to turn down some free food either. He put 1lb of turky salomy! Man that stuff is awsome! I could just eat the whole thing raw.

Going to go to bed earlier than yesterday. I'm in the process of trying to allow myself more sleep. Sleep is very underated by the young. The proper amount can really change your mood. It made waking up this morning @ 7 am not so bad, you know?

Stephen Riddington
07-31-2003, 02:08 AM
I need at least 7+ hours sleep for me to have a good day. Anything less, you don't wanna piss me off. :D

Welcome and good luck with your journal.

AndresC
07-31-2003, 02:12 AM
Thanks man. I see people are viewing the thread but no replys. Any feedback or OT comments are welcome. Even negative ones. I'm in such a positive mood now that I will just inbrace them.

JustinF
07-31-2003, 03:24 AM
:spam: Welcome bro. Good luck with your goals.
Oh, women like scars.

Stephen Riddington
07-31-2003, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by JustinF
:spam: Welcome bro. Good luck with your goals.
Oh, women like scars.

I agree, makes you look more tough in their eyes.

AndresC
07-31-2003, 11:47 AM
I view it as being weak and having a defect :(

Like in the animal world I would die b/c I was weak. Survial of the fittest and I lost

Wikked1
07-31-2003, 02:46 PM
Dude,Good start to a journal,best of luck with your goals.

AndresC
07-31-2003, 02:47 PM
Eat my cup of oatmeal at work. Rasins are really good. I made 1 cup of tea and called it good for breakfast.

I just made my chiken/rice/brocolie dish. Pretty damn heatly dish and tastes great.

Calories 305
Fat 3g
Fiber 2g
Carbs 42g
Protein 24g

I'm gonna post up the recipes later today. So be on the look out for the thread named "5 Smiple and Heatlhy Office Meals" if you wanna know what i'm eating and how to make it.

I registered for classes today. Glad to have that out of the way. Physics 109 and Gbus 101. Looking forward to those.

I have that appartment appointment at 3 pm. Looking forward to seeing more units. After that I need to drive around the area and scout out the other apparments even though I like the one i'm going to best. But gotta know your options.

Then if I have engery after that I might hunt around the area for a part time job. I wouldn't mind working at quizno's so I could get a free sub everyday. Man, subs are soooo good, esp the toasted ones.

Shane
07-31-2003, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by AndresC
Like in the animal world I would die b/c I was weak. Survial of the fittest and I lost

:spam:

Nah. That's 'survival of the fittest' stuff isn't all it's cracked up to be. It's full of holes so don't worry about it. Fun fact: Herbert Spencer coined that term and not Darwin.

Seriously though, I know a girl that has a scar down her back that's longer than yours from back surgeory and it really doesn't take away from her attractiveness. Her anal personality takes care of that. If it doesn't take away from a girls attractiveness it's definitely not going to take away from a guys. Especially if you have some muscle around it.

Start posting your workout routines man. Good luck with your journal. :)

Stephen Riddington
08-01-2003, 12:33 AM
:withstupi

AndresC
08-01-2003, 12:54 AM
Follow up on July 31, 03

All I did today after I ate lunch was:

Look for a new appartment
Had a long talk with my dad on the phone
Read forums
Ate a calzone named "The Greek" I feel so fat right now :(

Did no cardio or working out :(

Tomorrow no work so things are looking good. Maybe i'll wash the GSR and visit Mom.

pruneman
08-01-2003, 09:20 AM
Consider it a refeed man :)

BTW have yourself a little :spam:...welcome to the boards

AndresC
08-03-2003, 01:59 AM
I just want to make sure but you guys are saying my posts are spam right? :(

a key to phycial health is to have a strong clear mind.

rookiebldr
08-03-2003, 05:51 AM
Nope, you got that "spam" wrong. It's not a reference to your posts at all, just and indication that someone is reading. "Spam" is good. So welcome to the journal section and keep up the posting. Comments will surely come. :)

Now when do we see some workouts? ;)

AndresC
08-03-2003, 09:05 PM
August 3rd, 03

oh :) Okay to the "spam" I feel better now.

I went to auto cross today. Went to bed @ 3:30 a.m. woke up @ 6:00 a.m. (stupid idea). Drove to Boeing...wrong building. Asked the security guard if he knew anything about an event being held today he told me go to check out another site. So we (friend and I) drive to Boeing Space....wrong site. Ask another gaurd there he tells me that they sold the lots awhile pack and now they have them are the museum of flight. So i'm like omgs! but drive out there b/c I woke up @ 6 in the morning for a reason. Get to the musem of flight...no autox but there where some blue angels getting ready for a show. So I ask a police offier about it. he is like "motocross?" and i'm like nooooo, AUTO cross with AUTO mobiles and he is like oh, nope havn't herd of anything. So he getts on his walki talky and talks to a guy at another gate who is like yeah it's going on in Everett. So we are like holly hell fine can you help us with directions. We finally arive there at 9:30! We drove from like 7:00ish - 9:30 looking for this damn event. It was fun stuff. Some many nice cars but this is a health forum so enough about that.

Got some sun, which is always welcome. I was smart and wore a fleese and jeans in the morning and a t-shirt and shorts underneath so I was quite confortable the whole day.

I took like 3 pisses in the porta poti but when I got out the third time my hip hurt bad for some reason. I had a small lip and had to sit down in my car for a few minutes. I think it might have been from the way I was standing for hrs... :X

Oh last night I made the protien pita for my roomate and I. It was pretty decent.

Here's the thread if you want to make it.
http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35223

I almost forgot! I got the contract for my new appartment all signed and done with. so in 5 days i'll be moving in. I'll have a quite nice place by myself which will be handy for the ladys. I'm super happy about this b/c one of my roomates is really hard to live with and is a constant stress in my life.

Follow up

Came home played some computer games, should have spent that time working out but I was tired of doing stuff. One of my roomates comes home and wants to work on his car @ his friends and I had something I wanted to do so I go with him. His friend is making a kit car which is pretty neat because you learn SOOO much about cars that way. I pretty much had to hold this block steady for like 40 minutes :mad: but it gave my forearms a nice work out, lol. I then had to get under my car and use this tiny ass screw dirver in a area where no human hand is supposed to fit :mad: but i got it done. Now i'm sore, lol that's the beauty of working on cars.

eatdirt40
08-04-2003, 10:27 AM
I'm thinking about installing Counter-Strike again

I have counter strike are you intrested in playing sometime on line LOl

Well nice job so far on your journal keep it up

AndresC
08-04-2003, 12:36 PM
August 4th

I ended up installing it b/c one of my roomates owns a server in the Seattle area. Here a link to the stat page http://128.208.46.194:113/~nsk/ You can see who is playing on the server. Try pinging it if you want to play there befor hand. I used the name "epy"

Woke up @ 7 :( I was so confused when I woke up haha. I thought I randomly woke up one hour ahead of my alarms but the alarm actually woke me up. haha one of those things you do only when you wake up. So i'm like what the hell i don't have to be up untill 8 but that is really when I have to be at work. So set my arlarm to wake me up @ 7:15 b/c i want more sleep so I go back to bed. Wake up @ 7:15 set my alarm for 7:40 then haha. Wake up at 7:40 and realize that wasn't a smart idea. Decide that I don't smell bad b/c I have no BO so I just put on clean cloths, brushed my teeth, did my hair and left for work.

Arrive at work 5 minutes late but no big deal No one even cares im' there anyhow =\ I made 2 packets of instant oatmeal there. I had to use a cup b/c it was the only container large enough but it worked. Anyway I'm home from work now and I'm scanning the news paper for a new part-time job.

I'll do a follow up later. Oh and 4 more days till I move out, wewt!

Played CS all day... Xcept went to the Bank and paid my rent.

I mad some angel hair pasta with steamed broccoli and baby carrets w/ some teriyaki sause. It was yummy.

I plan to got to bed earlier and make up for lost sleep.

AndresC
08-06-2003, 01:04 AM
August 5th, 03
My life is a cliche of Office Space.

Went to bed @ 5 a.m. Woke up @ 7:40 to go to work. Didn't have time to take a shower so I just put on alot of cologne. This was my second day with out a shower! Turning into a bum.

I worked from 8-9, dosing on and off. I kept closing my eyes b/c well I was tiered and wanted to nap but they were also stinging from all the cologne. I thought it wouldn't be appropriate for me to just pass out there so I had to think of somewhere I could sleep. I decided I would go down to the parking garage and sleep in my car. I went down there at 9 and set my alarm on my cell phone for 10:30. I woke up to my alarm and got a nice 1 1/2hr nap. Then I went up did 30 minutes of work and took off. No one even noticed, lol I love it.

I get home to the appartment and go take another nap. I woke up @ 1 p.m. but didn't have anything to do so I just went back to sleep. I ended up waking up at 8:30 p.m. !!! The whole day was wasted completely.

I take a shower, shave, get myself looking better. Sit down at my computer for a little bit listen to one of my roomates talk on the phone. The roomate I like was gone and the one I don't like at ALL! was talking. It was just annoying listening to him so I left.

I went to Taco Bell and got 3 Supreme Soft Tacos and a water. Oh man they were so good. After I went and drove around North Bend. I went and drove my "Warehouser Run". I feel more confident with FWD hard turning and breaking on wet cement now. Had some sliding but I was in control the whole time. On my way home I got pulled over by a cop though. I was going 45 in a 30. Kinda funny b/c I was going 60 in 25's and 35's about 10 minutes ago. I didn't get a ticket just a warning. My second warning out of being pulled over 5 times. He asked for the usual - licence, proof of insurance, registration. He was young and I did everything right. I don't really feel like typing about it just wanted to mention it.

Anyhow I'm home now and want to go to bed early but I don't know when i'll be able to fall asleep.

Stephen Riddington
08-06-2003, 01:10 AM
Man, some life you're living. Eat, sleep, play video games... I used to do the same thing, but it changed when I starte working out seriuosly, my gaming hours have decreased, but I benefit more from the training I'm getting. So it's a good thing...:thumbup:
Keep on trucking in your training.

AndresC
08-06-2003, 01:41 AM
I hear ya man I need more motovation. In 2 days I move into my new apparment. I'll live by myself which i'm looking very forward too. I plan on deleting CS after I move b/c that is the only reaon why I went to bed so freakin late!

I gain muscle pretty easy so I know once I actually work out and keep going it will pay off. This time around i've focused on a much healthier diet and researching supplements. The Taco Bell I had today was the first forum of junk food i've had in about 3 1/2 weeks so I'm pretty proud of that. I've been eating WAAAAAY more veggi's and Fruits. I feel pretty healthy. I just havn't lifted in a week or so but i've done pretty good amounts of cadrio so i'm not totally lazy.

Thanks for reading my posts homer :) Keep the :spam: comming.

JD77
08-06-2003, 01:47 AM
Good luck with the journal.

Here's some more :spam: for you.

Let's see what your workouts look like.

JustinF
08-06-2003, 03:45 AM
Yeah bro, where are the workouts?

Toy-Yoda
08-08-2003, 01:19 AM
GJ, I will look foward to seeing your new appt.

If your ever in North Bend around 12:30-1:30, drop by the gym and you will probably see me or James.

AndresC
08-08-2003, 02:16 AM
Ah some updates....

August 6th, 03

Went to work. came home. did more appartment stuff. got an applacation @ quizno's. pretty much it. no lifting just metal planning of crap.

August 7th, 03

Okay I figured out my life is a cliche of Office Space right now. Here is why: uh I lost the convo somewhere. I had it all written out with good points and sent it to 3 people but I can't remember to who now!

Got my roomate to sign my roomate release forum. he didn't sign it the night befor and threw it on the floor so I was stressed that I was going to have some problems with him. My other roomate signed it right away. Played some pool today. Won one game, lost 2. So far i'm 3-2.

Turned in my applacatoin @ quizno's. Picked up an app at Acura of Bellevue, turned that one in also. I got one @ Starbucks also, I will turn that in tomorrow after the move. I spent most of the day boxing my stuff and getting things ready for the move.

I invinted a new drink! I call it the Colyer Speical.

3 shots Jagermister
1 Vinilla Frapchino
5 ice cubes
Shake
Serve.

It's really good and you can't really taste the Jager.

Oh man today I made the biggest steak i've ever made. It was SWEET! It was HUUUUGE!! I had to share it with my other 2 roomates so I didn't waste it. I'm eating some string beans - keeping it healthy. I'm so pumped for tomorrow!

I'll be onest after the move i'll probably just crash and fall asleep the rest of the site. BUT I have serous plans after that.

I'm going to order all my supplements and start going to the gym regularly again. I just hope I can find a workout partner.

rookiebldr
08-10-2003, 02:08 PM
Finally, maybe a workout! ;)

AndresC
08-12-2003, 08:47 PM
Oh man so many things have happend since the 7th!

august 8th, 03

Moving day. woke up @ like 10 a.m and drove/moved/lifted/carryied things untill 12 in the morning! Had to sleep @ my mom's b/c my bed wasn't ready to sleep in. Had to many things in the way.

August 9th, 03

I positioned all my furniture and pretty much did alot of house making stuff. Actually took me like 5 hrs to get EVERYTHING done. In the morning my mom took me to Costco and Target and she bought me some items.

August 10th, 03

What a compelte waste of a day. I stayed up untill 3:30 watching inital D. Woke up that morning again @ 7 am. Got ready for work (Internship). Get there... try my security card at the door, doesn't work. "Hmm this is wierd" I stand back and let 2 others try and their's work. By now I'm getting the hint they don't me to be there anymore. My boss and I agreed that this thursday would be my last day (14th) But it seems like last thursday was really my last. I try to log on to my computer and it says my account has expired... Okay I get the point and back my crap and leave. GOOD BYE ATTACHMATE, F@CKERS! I get home take a nap. End up waking up at 3:30 pm, WTF! Whole buisness day wasted there. A friend comes over we do some buisness. I do more stuff around the appartment. I finally have eveything the way I want it. Around 2 a.m. we decide to go for a drive. We meet at the park n ride and go about our way. Come home @ 3:30 man that was a fun night/drive. I found this huge twisty hill so we went up and down that a few times. I also took my friend to my "Warehouser Run" it was pretty good, didn't rain this time. The other park n ride location was my favorite of the night though. There is a circuit loop where transet busses turn. It's really fun to drive around in it. I learned how to take corners better after that night. I'm looking forward to AutoX next weekend.

August 11th, 03

Woke up @ like 3:30. Took a shower, cut the finger nails, got all groomed up. Looking pretty good now, feel more confident. I made an omlet with egg whites, turkey sasuge, and 3 cherry tomatoes. Was quite good. Tryed to sign up for my internet service that didn't work out (long story - not important). I'm @ my parents house usning their computer to post and keep current on what's going on. I should have time to work out today. My new appartment has a really nice gym so even if it's like 1 a.m I might go down there and refresh my body and what it feels like to lift. It's already 7:42, crazyness.

Stephen Riddington
08-12-2003, 11:26 PM
Wow!! what an eventful last few days!!! Hope everything gets in order and go back to your normal workout schedule. And good luck in your new place.

AndresC
08-15-2003, 12:30 AM
August 12th, 03

No idea what I did, lol

August 13th,03

Turned in like 5 resume's so good chances of getting a part-time job while I'm going to school. All locations are walking distance of my new appartment :D

I worked out!! Went down to Bally's

Walked on treadmil for 5 mins. to warm up
Ran @ 6.5 for 15 minutes
Ran @ 7 for 5 minutes
Ran @ 6 @ incline 6 for 5 minutes.

I didn't have much time for lifting but I got some sets in. I had to leave to go look at a car my friend was going to buy.

flatbench benchpress
2 sets, 10 reps each - I stuck with 135 on both sets cuz I wanted to start light and I'm also alot weaker from not lifting for weeks.

decline benchpress
2 sets, 10 reps each - 135lbs again

flatbench dumbell press
1 set, 10 reps - 20 lb
1 set, 10 reps - 25 lb

incline dumbell press
1 set, 10 rep - 20 lb
1 set, 10 rep - 25 lb

tricept rope extention
2 sets, 10 reps - 70 lbs

overhead tripcept extention
1 set, 10 rep - 35 lbs

After that I had to leave. Next time I want to bring a little note pad so I can write down the weights I used. I have to start all over now guesing what weights I should use.

August 14th, 03

had my last internship day. They threw me a party it was a nice good memory. I was quite happy.

Toy-Yoda
08-15-2003, 12:39 AM
Good job on working out.

I does suck having to back down in weight. Good luck to ya!

AndresC
08-17-2003, 03:04 PM
August 14th, 03 continued.

I went to my parent's to use the internet and ended up going to Blimpies where I saw like 20 people I knew from high school. Had all kinds of memories going through my mind that night. I stopped by my friends work and he told me he was going camping for 3 nights and that I should come up.

August 15th,

I wake up @ 2 pm... I told my friend I would be up at Lake Kachess at 2 or 3, lol. I ended up getting there at 7 pm :mad:

We did the usual camping stuff. Make a fire, drink some drink, eat some food, you know. Oh! I slept in the back of my dad's truck... I was roughing it hardcore ;) The bed of the truck has one of those hardshells for hauling crap. I slept on top of that with a sleeping bag and a pillow. I originally fell asleep w/o my sleeping bag. I couldn't sleep on my side b/c my hips would be resting on hard plastic so I had to sleep on my back the whole night. Woke up about 4 times, but it was worth it.

August 16th,

Was at the camp grounds all day. Went on 2 off road bike rides. Swimming for about 2 hours. Picked mountain berry's @ Sampeed Pass for 2 hours.

August 17th,

Mom, made me breakfast and woke me up at around 11:30 :D Took a nice long shower and tended to my cuts from camping. It's about 1:30 so I'll head down to the appartment eventually w/ my parents to show them around. Probably do some follow up calls on part-time jobs and then go work out :)

AndresC
08-19-2003, 05:13 AM
August 18th, 03

Cardio Workout

Running Machine - 5 minutes (hard and fast)

Stair Machine - Mixed intervals for 12 minutes. On fast hard intervals I would position my feet on edge of peddals and learn forward. Doing this works the calves much more and you simulate sprinting up-stairs.

Treadmill - Fitness test, scored above avg.
Walked for 10 minutes @ 3
Ran for 5 minutes from 6.5-8.
Walked another 3 minutes @ 3-1.5

Leg Workout ( at my appartment so I had no idea what to use and with what settings) [I think someone stole or they just never bought the 25 and 30lb dumbell weights]

Leg Press - 3 sets of 10 @ 60,70,80 (next time I know to start much harder)

Leg Curls - 3 sets of 10 @ 40,50,60 ( need to focus on holding weight)
Squats w/ dumbells - 6 sets of 10. I would switch from weighted squat to non weighted squat. weighted where @ 15,20,35 (havn't done squats in forever so this hit the spot)

Deadlift w/ dumbells - (need to become more flexiable. Need to be able to touch my toes.) 3 sets of 10 @ 15,15,20

standing up on bench with one leg w/ dumbells (what is that called?) - First time doing these but they felt good. Did 2 sets of 10 @ 15,20. Did 1 set of 8 @ 35.

Abs
Leg Lifts - 2 sets of 15. My leg lifts consist of a standard leglift but then I thrust w/ my pelvis to get that extra push.

Chrunches via workout ball - 1 set of 25.

Stephen Riddington
08-19-2003, 09:55 AM
Is the weight in pounds or kilograms? And don't the gym have barbells???

AndresC
08-20-2003, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by CanadianHomer
Is the weight in pounds or kilograms? And don't the gym have barbells??? Those were in lbs :cool: j/k :(

I didn't lift @ the gym because I tiered myself out with the cardio.

August 19th, 03

Ran 3/4 of a mile on the treadmill @ 6.5. Had to leave early otherwise I would have done a complete mile.

Did 25 churnches and 10 setups on the workout ball.

Did 15 leg raises. I was sore from yesterday and didn't even plan on working out but I was bored so I just went and did a little routine.

Stephen Riddington
08-21-2003, 12:29 AM
Ah don't be sad, you'll get stronger and stronger. Just continue to eat alot. I'm a little lagging in that department but I'm doing the best I can and will continue to try to eat more.

AndresC
08-21-2003, 09:41 PM
August 20 and 21st, 03

my schedule just didn't work with finding a time to work out time. I did do car stuff, like bleed the breaks and change my spark plugs on the 20th which kinda gets you tired. 21th I drove around all day was just exhuasted from driving in rush hour in 80 degree + weather. Went to IKEA, SO MANY HOT GIRLS go to IKEA! omgs just go there and watch them.

On the 22nd I am going to go buy as desk @ IKEA and i've already setup a workout time w/ a friend. I'll post my work out after I do it. I get my T1 line activated on the 24th :) I'm so pumped about it. I havn't had the internet at my place since the 8th of August.

I hope I can do more car stuff tonight. I feel more fufilled after working on cars than I do when I work out.

I eat all my food today that was going to expire. Had to toss some stuff out :( Probably have some diheara from the strange diet tomorrow. Finished the slim fast shake mix I had ( got it for free ).

Stephen Riddington
08-22-2003, 02:27 PM
SlimFasttuttut

Whey Protein Shake :thumbup:

AndresC
08-24-2003, 01:53 AM
Free Slim Fast > Buying Whey Protein Shake.

I just finished the flim fast so now i'll buy some whey. Care to sponcer me CanadianHomer?

Stephen Riddington
08-24-2003, 08:47 AM
Ha, I'm looking for one of my own :)

AndresC
09-16-2003, 05:50 AM
(9/15/03)

Started reading Power Eating. I can tell it's going to help me a lot. Might have got myself an on-line coach too.

Once school starts i'm going to get REAL serous (9/22/03).

AndresC
09-17-2003, 10:39 PM
(9/16/03)

Chest/Biís/Triís

Incline/Flat DB Press
Cable Crossover
Pushups

Tricep Pushdowns
Overhead Extentions
Kickbacks

BD Curl
Incline DB Curl
Hammer Curl.

AndresC
09-17-2003, 10:43 PM
(9/17/03)

Ran a 8 minute mile. Which was okay. Wasn't too hard I would like to run faster miles next time. I was happy that I still could run a mile w/o stopping, lol.

Did 3 sets of 12 rep lounges

Worked on abs mostly.

AndresC
09-30-2003, 11:59 PM
9/30/03

My workouts will be posted as excel charts. See the attachmate if you care to see my progress.

I started the WBB1 routine today. I plan to stick with it for 5 weeks. After 5 weeks i'll switch to routine 2. After another 5 weeks I go to routine 3. After that I'll start 1 again unless a routine 4 is made.

Pre-workout
*Figuring one out*

Post workout
20g whey
40g dextrose
5g Creatine

Other Daily Supplements

2 capsules of Thermochin. Plan to move up to 4 a day by the 3rd.
1 Daily Multivitamin
2 capsules of Fish Oil
1 vitamin B-50 Formula.

I ordered the following from At Large.
Thermochin (Stack)
Nitrean (Protein Matrix)
Creatine 500

I'm pleased with the products. At Large people are good people. I will order from them again.

http://www.atlargenutrition.com/

AndresC
10-02-2003, 04:43 AM
(10/1/03)

Bradly helped me figure out my supplment intake.

Pre
10g protein
25g malto

40g malto
5g creatine

Today was Day 3 : Legs.

Great workout. I love to work out my legs. Legs are something alot of people skip or just hate to work out.

I did my first hack squat and stiffed legged deadlift today also. I had to ask a guy how to do the hack squats. The guy that I asked turned out to be really nice and had lots of great tips/information.

I went pretty light with weight on the hack squats mainly because I wanted to focus on my forum. I have good forum on 'norma' squats so I took to hacks by the third rep. I had to use the machine for the hack squats. I was too scared to try considerable amount of weight with the Hacks to use a squat rack. I'll progress quickly.

Tomorrow is a day off :)

Here were my results.

AndresC
10-05-2003, 04:19 AM
10/3/03

First time doing military press. Looking forward to doing it more.

French Press worked my tri's nice I really felt sore the next day.

Here's the work out.

Can I get some spam anyone :( ?

bradley
10-05-2003, 04:58 AM
I usually prefer a higher volume approach. Have you always used low volume?

Here ya go:spam:

AndresC
10-05-2003, 04:20 PM
volume being reps? I normally do 3 x 8-10 but I'm trying out the WBB1 routine for a few weeks.

bradley
10-05-2003, 04:32 PM
volume being reps? I normally do 3 x 8-10 but I'm trying out the WBB1 routine for a few weeks.

Volume being sets/reps. After you give the lower volume a try you might consider a more higher volume approach. I seem to have better luck with ~12 sets for the large bodyparts, and 4-6 for the smaller bodyparts. I usually focus on the compound movements, which I take to failure, and then go with more isolation movements that I do not take to failure. Just something to consider, but if you are currently making gains following the WBB routine then I would stick with it.

AndresC
10-05-2003, 04:45 PM
Do you have a workout partner bradly? To get a more "cut" looking body would it be better to do highier volume?

bradley
10-05-2003, 04:59 PM
Do you have a workout partner bradly? To get a more "cut" looking body would it be better to do highier volume?

No, I generally work out alone.

I was just implying that maybe you should try different approaches to see what training approach offers the best results.

You could try implementing shorter rest periods which would increase the amount of calories that you are burning during workouts. This usually means increasing volume.

Different training approaches will also cause muscle to have a different look. People who train with heavy weights usually have a more "dense" looking muscle and those who train with lighter weights have more "pumped" looking muscles. The difference being myofibrillar compared to sarcoplasmic hypertrophy. This is not something I know a lot about, and have not really looked into it that much. PowermanDL would be much more knowledgeable in this area, and can correct any information I may have mis-stated.

AndresC
10-11-2003, 07:32 PM
10/6/03

Had a good work out. On the 7th my back was too sore to do anything so I didn't work out on the 8th or the 10th.

The deadlifts got me. Normally I do them with rubber weights but where I work out now they only have solid metal weights. They have rubber pads so I thought I would be okay. Once I started DL people looked at me as if I was a weirdo. No one at the gym does anytype of lifts like that. I felt so out of place. They also looked at me when I set the weight down as if I was making too much noise. So i pretty much strained my back letting the bar touch the ground softly insted of just dropping it like I should.

Doing DL at that gym is way to stressful and to much work to even setup the weights. I had a hard time getting the weight onto the bar and off. Took like 8 minutes just to do my DL routine!