PDA

View Full Version : Time for a rant!!!

Mic Soloist
07-31-2003, 02:33 AM
Ok, I was watching this show called "Downlow" on NBA.comTV about the life of the players in the NBADL. I was noticing when these guys were in the locker room that most of them guys(like most pro athletes) are swoll and incredibly cut....

So I figure...

They're pro athletes. They eat right, lift constantly, and do tons of cardio. Then a little later in the show it shows the same guys shopping. It was funny because none of them knew anything about shopping for bargains or anything... but what I really noticed as they pointed out is that all these dudes eat is junk. It showed them buying candy, frosted flakes, tons of cake/brownie/cookie/donut/ type stuff, and plenty of regular coke.

I know a lot of athletes do this and don't follow the strict diets we do but they still keep bodies that make most of us jealous both in size and athletic ability. Meanwhile if I eat one cupcake my ass explodes.

And this is not limited to pro athletes ethier. In high school I knew a few guys(mostley black guys) who were incredibly cut up with 6 packs and the whole 9, and never did a crunch or touched a weight.

How is this possible??? I know some folks have crazy genetics but if your eating 2500-3000 calories of pure juck(sugar, sodium, carbs, sat fat, ect.) how the hell can you maintain such a kick ass figure???

ok, I'm done....

-peace-

Y2A
07-31-2003, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by Mic Soloist
I know some folks have crazy genetics

This is it :) The same way someone can get straight A's in high school advanced classes without studying, while there are kids in lower levels busting their ass to get a C. Some people are just athletic, smart, etc. Dont hate ;)

WillKuenzel
07-31-2003, 07:39 AM
You also have to realize that those guys train all day, every day. Its their job to perform so that's what they practice to do. If my job were to bodybuild, I'd look quite a bit better if I could dedicate all my time to it.

When you are lifting weights, day in and day out, year round, under top level athletic trainers then yeah, you'll look damn good.

But again, it does take a certain amount of genetics to achieve some of that to begin with.

Mic Soloist
07-31-2003, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by HomeYield
You also have to realize that those guys train all day, every day. Its their job to perform so that's what they practice to do. If my job were to bodybuild, I'd look quite a bit better if I could dedicate all my time to it.

I thought if you train constantly you'd be overtraining.....

-peace-

WillKuenzel
07-31-2003, 09:18 AM
It depends on the training. There are ways of staying active without overtraining. These guys don't have to worry about desk jobs and being stationary for too long so they have higher metabolisms on top of burning more calories with all the practices and activity.

Their athletic trainers will be able to rotate them through probably periodized routines that will enable them to train without being overtrained. Some people can just get away with training and practice because of higher muscle endurance to begin with.

Goin_Big
07-31-2003, 09:21 AM
Not to be racist or anything, but imho most black guys do have better genetics than white guys. You just gotta live with it, and live with your own genetics. Now, take a look at charles barkley and you'll see what happens to these guys when they retire :D

Mic Soloist
07-31-2003, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by HomeYield
It depends on the training. There are ways of staying active without overtraining. These guys don't have to worry about desk jobs and being stationary for too long so they have higher metabolisms on top of burning more calories with all the practices and activity.

Their athletic trainers will be able to rotate them through probably periodized routines that will enable them to train without being overtrained. Some people can just get away with training and practice because of higher muscle endurance to begin with.

well even if they aren't overtraining how can they possibly eat all junk food and little protein and still gain muscle. This one guy was saying he lives off roman noodles, donuts, and potato chips.

So we got carbs, sugar, fat, and sodium...

How can they possibly be so cut up and big like that when guys like us are on INCREDIBLY strict diets and still don't look as good???

I wouldn't think any amount of exercise could totally compensate for horrible diets.

-peace-

WillKuenzel
07-31-2003, 12:37 PM
Combine lots of strictly supervised exercise and great genetics, and yep, right there is enough to compensate for horrible diets.

It really all boils down to calories in = calories out. Because they are so active, they can get away with lots more carbs as well. Sugar is just simple carbs and so it just doesn't bother them. That's just the way it goes.

It also might be plausible that some of them have some assistance too but its unlikely.

Manveet
07-31-2003, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Goin_Big
Not to be racist or anything, but imho most black guys do have better genetics than white guys. You just gotta live with it, and live with your own genetics. Now, take a look at charles barkley and you'll see what happens to these guys when they retire :D

Yup. I think in general persons of African decent have higher test levels in comparison to other ethnicities. It's just the way they evolved in their environment.

Manveet
07-31-2003, 12:48 PM
I don't know how credible the source of the study is, but here is a thread containing a study talking about test levels in different ethnicities.

http://forum.avantlabs.com/index.php?act=ST&f=12&t=4419

Y2A
07-31-2003, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Manveet
I don't know how credible the source of the study is, but here is a thread containing a study talking about test levels in different ethnicities.

http://forum.avantlabs.com/index.php?act=ST&f=12&t=4419

Im assuming that the low test of pakistani men means their Indian neighbors (me) also have this. *Looks at mirror* makes sense :mad: :swear:

Manveet
07-31-2003, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Y2A

Im assuming that the low test of pakistani men means their Indian neighbors (me) also have this. *Looks at mirror* makes sense :mad: :swear:

lol, I hear ya man:(

donraja
07-31-2003, 11:05 PM
lol damn im Indian too... = (

Y2A
08-01-2003, 07:32 AM
We all suck :(

Holto
08-01-2003, 11:08 AM
the reason they can train so much is that when they train with weights they don't lift heavy and don't train to failure

sugar dosen't make you fat excess cals make you fat

bb's take in WAY more protein then they need

(I will be until I die)

so these guys can eat their frosted flakes, and doughnuts and be shredded year round

they eat so much that even without great sources of protein they likely get about 100+ g's/day of protein which is plenty to maintain

Maki said about a month ago that he is gaining on 100/day

IronDaddy
08-01-2003, 11:31 AM
I've trained with a few professional NHB fighters in the past. All I can say is it's difficult to understand what kind of shape these guys are in endurance wise and their muscle build. Whoever said pro's have it easy haven't seen first hand how hard they have to work to stay on top of the game.

intensity
08-04-2003, 07:35 PM
With the amount of cardio they do, they must eat 10,000 calories a day to maintain weight. You have to realize that not only do they lift and do TONS of cardio for stamina purposes, but they play their sport constantly. Practices and stuff like that. Basketball players will be on the court for 4 hours at a time just shooting 3 pointers or foul shots. Whatever stuff they "take" helps too I'm sure.

eatdirt40
08-04-2003, 08:32 PM
they run and lift so much and genetics playt a great role in it i believe