PDA

View Full Version : Stagnating/Unsuccessful Cut

JustinASU
08-01-2003, 08:11 PM
I've been on a cut for 7 weeks, it was starting to look successful until my um cheat week. I ate everything. I ate like I was bulking and prolly got in about 4000+ cals for at least 3-4 days. So I've begun to put bodyfat back on. I'm having trouble with a successful cut and while cutting may seem like common knowledge, I cant make it work. I went from about 18% to about 14% and now I'm prolly getting back up to 15%. I think I had low test for a while after my PH cycle (Yes I did post cycle recovery) but I feel like it might be going back up now.

I have been playing with macros and I hear all sorts of different things. No carbs, low carbs, moderate carbs, high carbs...low fats, moderate fats, high fats....the only thing that stays constant is high protein.

Can someone help me? I'm getting kinda depressed about these results...

Also should I start do some hardcore cardio to kick things up a bit?

Dedicated
08-01-2003, 09:35 PM
I've lost about 5lbs of body fat I "think" off my stomach these past 2-3 weeks. This week has been very good and I can see improvement in the belly area. I do tons of cardio, free weights and eat very low calories and my energy is insane. I ordered some rip fuel tonight and I just hope my heart doesn't explode heh. I have a journal so you can see what my diet consists of, the hardest part is maintaining muscle, my lifting improves slowly if any. But I feel so strong it's crazy. Check out my journal, my calories are very low, so low that if I went any lower I'd lose muscle I think regardless of how much I lifted. Goodluck, it should work for you, and hopefully 3 weeks from now it continues to work for me heh.

Edit: About the carb thing, I eat no bread, pasta etc, I try to avoid the carbs and when possible avoid really fatty foods most of the time. I only drink water, and eat meat products and vegetables and the occasional fruit(don't like fruits). Anyways it's working, check out my journal here http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35122
It helps me keep track of everything, do you have one, maybe you should start one, it really is motivating.

bradley
08-02-2003, 04:37 AM
Originally posted by JustinASU
I have been playing with macros and I hear all sorts of different things. No carbs, low carbs, moderate carbs, high carbs...low fats, moderate fats, high fats....the only thing that stays constant is high protein.

As far as the macros go, experimentation will yield the best results. You know the body requires two macros, fats and protein. You can start by adding these into your diet because you know that you have to have them. Then you can play around with the amount of carbs in your diet. Some people find that they prefer a high protein intake with moderate carbs and fat, while others prefer low carbs and high fat.

I really do not think it matters that much, and finding something that you can stick to will be the determining factor as to whether it works or not.

Can someone help me? I'm getting kinda depressed about these results...

How about posting up your diet and make sure to note when your workouts are in relation to your meals and what type of supplements you are using (if any).

Also should I start do some hardcore cardio to kick things up a bit?

I would start adding in some cardio, but you might want to get the diet nailed down first.