PDA

View Full Version : Hows My bulking diet look

eatdirt40
08-03-2003, 10:34 AM
hey everyone im looking to increase muscle and try to keep my bf% to a minimum or even lose some bf. heres my diet, some feed back would be great thx

I weight 158 pounds and im 16 years old, i would like some advice on how much protein, calories, fats and carbs i should be eating on a day b/c im not really to sure how my diet is looking now.

Saturday’s Training Log

I slept 10 hours last night

Diet:

Meal1- 1 bowl of total cereal w/ 1 cup of skim milk + yogurt
Meal2- 3 eggs, 4 slices of toast, 2 slices of cheese
Meal3- 3 ½ slices of toast w/ 2 slices of turkey, 2 slices of cheese, 1 tbs. of peanut butter + Mayo, ½ cup of low fat Alfredo w/ yogurt
Meal4- 2 cups of pasta w/ 1 cup of pasta sauce
Meal 5- wheat bagel w/ 2 eggs w/ cheese + Whey Protein Shake w/ skim milk
Meal 6- 2 scoops of Whey Protein w/ skim milk, 3 slices of bread with 2 tbs. of peanut butter

Total Daily Intake:

Calories: 3000
Fats: 81
Carbohydrates: 400
Protein: 197

Holto
08-03-2003, 11:50 AM
looks pretty solid

I would like to see more protein with meal 1

bradley
08-03-2003, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by eatdirt40
I weight 158 pounds and im 16 years old, i would like some advice on how much protein, calories, fats and carbs i should be eating on a day b/c im not really to sure how my diet is looking now.

Well really it looks as though you have the macro ratios pretty much in check. Just shoot for 1g of protein per lb. of bw and make sure you are taking in adequate amounts of essential fatty acids. Around 25% of your daily cals from fat would be a good place to start.

Your diet looks as though you are lacking in omega 3 fatty acids so you might want to incorporate some oily fish such as salmon into one of your meals or supplement with some fish oil or flaxseed oil.

I would also include some fibrous veggies into your diet as well. They contain many vitamins and minerals and are also an excellent source of fiber.

eatdirt40
08-03-2003, 07:37 PM
today i bought some fish oil, also what kinda veggies should i throw into my diet, ne good suggestions or really good veggies that are accential.

also ive been eating about 1.2 protein per pound is this benifitiing me at al or should i jus stick 2 1 protein per pound thx

bradley
08-04-2003, 02:45 AM
today i bought some fish oil, also what kinda veggies should i throw into my diet, ne good suggestions or really good veggies that are accential.

I usually just try and get a variety of fibrous veggies in my diet. Things like broccoli, cauliflower, spinach, green beans, squash, etc. There are really none that would be considered "essential."

also ive been eating about 1.2 protein per pound is this benifitiing me at al or should i jus stick 2 1 protein per pound thx

Sounds fine to me.:)

eatdirt40
08-04-2003, 10:31 AM
thanx for the tips bradley.....

o.k im trying to bulk and get more muscle but im also concerned with my bf%, with this diet im doin, will my bf% cut down or increase... becasue all this food seems healthy and compared to what i used to eat i feel like a king.. i used to eat bad fats, whole milks and lots of carbs really bad ones.... so is there a possiblity i can be losing bf% or is it jus not poissible

bradley
08-04-2003, 11:30 AM
o.k im trying to bulk and get more muscle but im also concerned with my bf%, with this diet im doin, will my bf% cut down or increase... becasue all this food seems healthy and compared to what i used to eat i feel like a king.. i used to eat bad fats, whole milks and lots of carbs really bad ones.... so is there a possiblity i can be losing bf% or is it jus not poissible

While it is possible to lose fat while gaining muscle, you should expect to gain some bf when trying to increase LBM. Try and gain a small amount of weight each week, which should help keep fat gain to a minimum.

eatdirt40
08-04-2003, 11:59 AM
how do u copy and paste things and have them in the dark blue quote i dont know how to??

bradley
08-04-2003, 01:40 PM
how do u copy and paste things and have them in the dark blue quote i dont know how to??

Use the quote button in the top right hand corner of the post you wish to quote .:)

noxen
08-04-2003, 05:03 PM
what about tuna/red meat?

eatdirt40
08-04-2003, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by noxen
what about tuna/red meat?

WHat about tuna and red meat is these essential in my diet?

bradley
08-05-2003, 02:46 AM

WHat about tuna and red meat is these essential in my diet?

They are not essential by any means, but they are both good sources of protein. Red meat is also quite tasty, and a good source of many different vitamins and minerals.

eatdirt40
08-05-2003, 10:42 AM
yes it is tadty lol

just high in fat

bradley
08-05-2003, 11:09 AM
yes it is tadty lol

just high in fat

Well that would depend on what cut you get.;)

There are some cuts of red meat that contain small amounts of fat, and you can get ground beef that is 96% lean.

The ground beef that I use is 130 cals per 4oz., with 24g of protein and 4g of fat.

As far as steak goes I usually stick with eye of round or top sirloin.

eatdirt40
08-05-2003, 04:41 PM
i got some greenbeans and corn today

AKraut
08-05-2003, 05:21 PM
I'd try to pull that cheese out of some of those meals, and maybe add another protein shake earlier in the day. At your age, your testosterone levels are starting to peak and you have the best opportunity to put on some good mass. If you lift hard, you're going to start gaining tons of strength, and I wouldn't be so concerned about a cut diet. If you're training hard you can probably take in 4-5k calories and not gain any bodyfat.

eatdirt40
08-06-2003, 09:55 PM
i think 4-5k may bea little exagerating..... but ne ways im bulking and need some advice and what kinda foods i should be eating that help improve groath,... ne tips about nethign i would appreciate it thx pzzz

bradley
08-07-2003, 02:35 AM
i think 4-5k may bea little exagerating..... but ne ways im bulking and need some advice and what kinda foods i should be eating that help improve groath,...

You need to make sure that you are taking in an adequate amount of calories. The food choices are not really that important assuming that you are taking in enough protein and EFAs.

I agree that 4-5K cals a day would probably be overkill, but you would gain weight. The question is how much LBM compared to bodyfat?

This thread might help as far as giving you some ideas about food choices.
http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26368&highlight=grocery+list

Mic Soloist
08-07-2003, 03:01 AM
Originally posted by AKraut
If you're training hard you can probably take in 4-5k calories and not gain any bodyfat.

I am bulking with 1800 per day....

I wish I could get away with 3-5k per day.

That would be paradise.

-peace-

JustinASU
08-07-2003, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Mic Soloist

I am bulking with 1800 per day....

I wish I could get away with 3-5k per day.

That would be paradise.

-peace-

Gppd Lord you must have the slowest damn metabolism on the face of the earth. Ok, sorry for the off topic :D

eatdirt40
08-07-2003, 08:25 PM
im eating 3000 calories and ant gaining crap,im upping it to 3200

i always thought i was a easy gainign but i gues not.. i think its cuz i was eating so manuy bad foods that consisted of 900 calories a serving i thjnk i was eating about 5000-6000 calories a day when i used to be fat... but now im eating healthy and its harder than i htought to gain.....