PDA

View Full Version : Changing the meals in a diet

NormalDude
08-03-2003, 02:43 PM
While on a diet I understand it is a good idea to switch the diet up after a few weeks. But during the diet say a meal is perfect calories and fats and protien. Is it ok to keep eating that meal throughout the day? Besides the fact that eating the same thing is really boring. But would it be ok for the diet?

pruneman
08-03-2003, 02:48 PM
i would think that it would be alright, but like you said, variation is nice. I'm sure you could come up with something else with the same breakdown for P/C/F....or if you need a hand, just post the meal and i'm sure some folks around here could offer up some suggestions

-prune

Fenway
08-03-2003, 03:17 PM
what i have done is make up 4 different diets.....all hovering around the same levels of F/C/P etc. Now i am still eating the same thing for a whole week...... but next week i switch it up a bit. This is just b/c i dn't have the experience to know how to make different dinners every night. Until i learn that through trial and error, i feel a more regimented diet that lasts for a week is in my best interest

NormalDude
08-03-2003, 03:31 PM
Well the diet I am planning for is a Ketosis diet. So no carbs. Just protien and fat. And it isnt too easy to come up with meals. For instance each meal needs 24g of fat and 36g of protien per meal. I was gonna do chicken breat and olive oil per meal

scanderson
08-03-2003, 03:46 PM
Well if your going into Ketosis dieting regiment don't worry about variety, true Ketosis is almost impossible to sustain for any prolongued period of time. When I'm doing it however, I also do a lot of eggs and bacon w/cheese in the right portions depending on your target

restless
08-03-2003, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by scanderson
Well if your going into Ketosis dieting regiment don't worry about variety, true Ketosis is almost impossible to sustain for any prolongued period of time. When I'm doing it however, I also do a lot of eggs and bacon w/cheese in the right portions depending on your target

It isn't (or wasn't) dificult for the Enuit. Get on zero carbs and your body has little chance but going into it.

NormalDude
08-03-2003, 05:31 PM
yeah eggs bacon and cheese, tuna mayo snd bacon and chicken and olive oil