PDA

View Full Version : Yams/Sweet Potatoes

Mattlock
08-03-2003, 05:44 PM
Does anyone know if it is possible to purchase any decent yams in a can without all the crap (syrup, etc) added?

If so, where?

I've been baking but it would be nice to find something that is a little more convenient.

Mattlock

Relentless
08-04-2003, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Mattlock
Does anyone know if it is possible to purchase any decent yams in a can without all the crap (syrup, etc) added?

If so, where?

I've been baking but it would be nice to find something that is a little more convenient.

Mattlock

wash and then quarter the yam

then stick it in the microwave for a couple of minutes

BAM! faster than baking, just as convenient as a can; by the time you'd have the can opened and drained, you can quarter the yam and stick it in the micro for some nuking

Manveet
08-04-2003, 01:15 PM
What Cal said.

I sometimes dice mine into small cubes, then microwave. Doens't take too long.

raniali
08-06-2003, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Mattlock

If so, where?

probably not -- all that "crap" is meant to preserve them.

there MAY be cooked yams in the frozen food aisle though. some part of me thinks I might have seen such a thing once in my life.

Berserker
08-06-2003, 04:03 PM
I started buying fresh ones. Bake like a regular potato. I one in the slow cooker. Was alright but not alot of flavor. The roast was good though.

APE.
08-06-2003, 04:22 PM
http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=31910

A recipe I posted awhile back.Not the most convienent but holds up for a few days if you decide too make a big batch.