PDA

View Full Version : The Rose That Grew From Concrete...

SoulOfKoRea
08-03-2003, 09:04 PM
The Rose That Grew From Concrete

Did you hear about the rose that grew from a crack in the concrete?
Proving nature's law is wrong it learned to walk with out having feet.
Funny it seems, but by keeping it's dreams, it learned to breathe fresh air.
Long live the rose that grew from concrete when no one else ever cared. - by Tupac Shakur

Ok, time for a journal. I felt that the title was appropriate, as I will be gaining(hopefully...) for the first time in my bodybuilding life.

My Current Goal:

To reach 160 lbs. by January, if goal is not achieved, then I will continue bulking until I am satisfied. From February until August will be my cutting phase.

Current Stats:

*No laughing please. tuttut*

Height: 5'9"
Weight: an incredible 130 lbs.
Bodyfat: ~6%
LBM: 122.2 lbs. if my bodyfat guesstimation is close.
Calories: maintaining at 2200, will begin upping until a gain of 1lb. per week is achieved.

Supplements
Whey Protein(Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey, vanilla/chocolate/chocolate mint)
Optimum Nutrition Creatine Monohydrate
Optimum Nutrition Fish Oil Capsules
Dextrose
Maltodextrin

I have taken this week off due to a retreat I went to from Sunday - Wednesday.

I began taking creatine on Thursday, I skipped the loading phase and have taken 5 grams daily thus far.

That is all for now, tomorrow is chest / back day.

Scott S
08-03-2003, 09:24 PM
w00t! :spam:

Manveet
08-03-2003, 09:39 PM
Awesome quote.

Good luck with the goals man

Shane
08-03-2003, 09:51 PM
This journal needs some :spam:

Good luck SoK.

Fenway
08-03-2003, 11:01 PM
good for you...... how much do you expect your body fat to go up as you bulk?

K_gookstuff_P
08-04-2003, 12:22 AM
yo "Dong Sang"
if u wana be 160lbs by janurary that means u have to be 145 by november, and... my goal is about the same (to gain 15lbs by november) sooo why dont we have a race? haha
motivation for u and motivation for me

DelveyBoy
08-04-2003, 01:37 AM
are you talkin about weighing 160lbs?

chops
08-04-2003, 01:40 AM
is this the kim chi diet? :)

good luck.

JD77
08-04-2003, 01:58 AM
Good luck with the journal.:spam:

SoulOfKoRea
08-04-2003, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by DelveyBoy
are you talkin about weighing 160lbs?

correct, nice way of spamming without the actual spam :D

Originally posted by Fenway

well, I've been increasing my calories ever so slightly for the past 3 weeks, yet I have not gained a pound yet. It seems like the more food I give my body the higher my metabolism gets... I think I will try to get 750 cals above maintenance, and if that works I will ride it out as long as possible. I don't think my bodyfat will ever go up above 15%...(it was 11% when I ate whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted, and how much I wanted and I still never gained a single pound.)

Originally posted by chops
is this the kim chi diet?

good luck.

heh, actually I don't even really LIKE kimchi... I only eat it about once a month...

Originally posted by K_gookstuff_P
yo "Dong Sang"
if u wana be 160lbs by janurary that means u have to be 145 by november, and... my goal is about the same (to gain 15lbs by november) sooo why dont we have a race? haha
motivation for u and motivation for me

I don't think that would be fair for you, as I'm at a lower weight and it would be easier to get from 130 to 145 than say you were at 150 trying to get 165, and also, I don't want to get owned :)

SoulOfKoRea
08-04-2003, 03:43 PM
Week 1: Day 1

11:00 A.M. - Ate a natural peanut butter and simply fruit strawberry fruit spread on whole wheat bread. Drank 6 oz. of skim milk mixed with 1 scoop of chocolate whey. Drank 16 oz. of water. Took 1 g capsule of fish oil.

1:30 P.M. - Ate a salad with balsamic vinaegrette dressing, bacon bits, 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut up and grilled using olive oil, and 1/8 cup sunflower seeds(roasted). Took 1g capsule of fish oil. Drank 16 oz. of water.

2:30 - Pre-workout shake, 1/2 scoop chocolate mint whey mixed in 4 oz. skim milk, and 16 grams of maltodextrin.

3:00 - Workout time. 10 minute warmup: 2 sets 11 of bench *just the bar, 2 sets of 11 deadlifts with 75 lbs, walked around for a while in between warmup sets. Today my workout was lacking a lot of energy and I lost some strength during the week I took off, hopefully next week I will be able to get back on track. Workout lasted 50 minutes.

4:00 - Post workout shake, 1 scoop chocolate whey mixed in 10 oz of water, 25 grams of dextrose and 25 grams of maltodextrin, 5 grams of creatine monohydrate. Sipped on 24 oz. of water between 4:00 and 5:30.

5:30 - about to make a small meal of 3 scrambled eggs: 2 whole eggs and 1 egg white. Take 1 g capsule of fish oil. Drink 8 oz. of water.

6:30 - will make a meal of 1 cup brown rice, 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, and a small salad with balsamic vinaegrette. Take 1 g capsule of fish oil. Drink 16 oz. of water. EDIT- skipped this meal, pushed it back to 7:00 instead: changed the meal to a t-bone steak :), my mom cut off most of the fat, but it was sooooo good :D.

9:00 - Last meal of the day, 1/2 cup peanuts and 1/2 cup almonds, 1 scoop of vanilla whey mixed in 3 oz. of skim milk and 3 oz. of pulpless orange juice. Take 1g capsule of fish oil. Drink 8 oz. of water.

Training Routine
Modified version of WBB #2:
(Began on June 7th)

Day 1: Chest and Back
Dumbell Incline Press 2x9-11
Barbell Rows 2x9-11
Flat Dumbell Flies 2x9-11
Deadlifts 2x9-11
Decline Barbell Bench Press 2x9-11
Shrugs 2x9-11

Rest Day

Day 3: Legs/Abs
Squats 2x20
SLDL 2x9-11
Hamstring Curls 2x9
Standing Calf Raises 2x25
Leg Curls 2x9-11
Decline weighted crunches 4x11

Rest Day

Day 5: Shoulders, Triceps, Biceps
Military Press, Standing dumbell lateral raises, front dumbell raises 2-3x6 (supersetted)
Close grip bench press 2x9-11
Incline/Decline Skull Crushers 2x9-11
Barbell Curls 2x9-11
Incline Dumbell Curls 2x9-11
Seated Wrist Curls 2x9-11

Reflection

Woke up too late, need to wake up at 8:00 A.M. to fit in meals again, need to go grocery shopping, out of steaks, need eggs. Not enough calories today.

Fenway
08-04-2003, 04:26 PM
keep it up bro...its hard to get all the shopping in, i just got back from the store as well so i feel the pain....

everyone has days where you dont' make the diet goals

eatdirt40
08-04-2003, 07:57 PM
nice job recording everything so far, keep up the good wook man

SoulOfKoRea
08-05-2003, 05:16 PM
Week 1: Day 2

10:30 A.M. - Natural peanut butter and fruit spread sandwich on whole wheat bread. Choco Mint whey protein mixed in skim milk with 5 grams of creatine. 1 g capsule of fish oil. 16 oz. H2O.

1:00 P.M. - ate leftover chicken stir fry with 1/2 cup of brown rice. 1 g capsule of fish oil. 8 oz. H2O.

3:30 - Banana with 1 tbsp. natural peanut butter. 1 g fish oil capsule. Vanilla whey mixed in 4 oz. skim milk + 3 oz. Orange Juice and 2 ice cubes. 1 sugar cookie :angel:. 16 oz. water.

6:00 - 2 eggs(1 whole egg, and 1 egg white) scrambled using olive oil. 3 chicken breasts grilled using olive oil. 3/4 cup brown rice. 2 x 1 g fish oil capsule. 16 oz. water. honey bun :angel:

9:00 - Will have: Choco whey mixed in 6 oz. skim milk. 1/4 cup almonds, 1/4 cup peanuts, 1 natty peanut butter / jelly sandwich on whole wheat bread. 1 g capsule of fish oil. 8 oz. water.

Reflection
rest day today: I woke up with incredible DOMS in back/traps/biceps/and chest. hungry, not enough calories once again, will wake up at 8 A.M. tomorrow for sure, did not do enough hmwk... still have 2 chapters of history to complete before school begins on Monday... but I finished another book so it's okay :thumbup:

not enough water today :(, thirsty... will go get another 16 oz. of water right now!

Beast
08-05-2003, 06:09 PM
Mmmmmmmm PB&J :drooling:

SoulOfKoRea
08-06-2003, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by NDBeast
Mmmmmmmm PB&J :drooling:

indeed :drooling:

Week 1: Day 3

10:30 A.M. - Ate a natural peanut butter and simply fruit strawberry fruit spread on whole wheat bread. Drank 6 oz. of skim milk mixed with 1 scoop of chocolate whey. Drank 16 oz. of water. Took 1 g capsule of fish oil.

1:00 P.M. - Steak, grilled in olive oil, with side of tabasco and A1 sauce. 1/2 cup brown rice. Took 1g capsule of fish oil. Drank 16 oz. of water. had a doughtnut and a sugar cookie :angel:

2:00 - Pre-workout shake, 1 scoop chocolate mint whey mixed in 6 oz. skim milk, and 16 grams of maltodextrin. 1 g capsule of fish oil. 8 oz. water.

2:30 - Workout time. Was going to begin my warmup, but then a huge cockroach came out of nowhere, I ran upstairs and got the RAID, and spraid the entire basement for about 10 minutes...then did 5 minute warmup: 1 set of squats, 115 x 10, rested and began normal sets. Had a great legs day, squats rule. Workout lasted 47 minutes.

3:30 - Post workout shake, 1 scoop chocolate mint whey mixed in 12 oz of water, 25 grams of dextrose and 25 grams of maltodextrin, 5 grams of creatine monohydrate. Sipped on 24 oz. of water.

4:30 - had a small snack of 1/2 cup almonds, 1/2 cup peanuts, and 1 banana. 8 oz. water. 1 g fish oil capsule.

6:30 - meal of 1/2 cup brown rice, 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts. 1 g capsule of fish oil. 16 oz. of water. had a granola/yogurt bar :rolleyes:

9:00 - Last meal of the day, same as brekky and 1 scoop of vanilla whey mixed in 3 oz. of skim milk and 3 oz. of pulpless orange juice. 1g capsule of fish oil. Drink 8 oz. of water.

Reflection
I think I'm going to Sam's club tomorrow to grocery shop, need more steaks, and brown rice. Ate adequate amount of calories today, increasing again tomorrow. No more cheating!

SoulOfKoRea
08-07-2003, 07:35 PM
Week 1: Day 4
8:30 A.M. - Natty PBJ on WW bread, choco mint whey protein shake with 5 grams of creatine in 6 oz of milk, 2 x 1 g capsule of fish oil, 8 oz. water

11:30 - 1/2 cup fried brown rice, with 1 whole egg scrambled, 1 teaspoon soy sauce, 2 pinches of sesame seeds. 1 1/2 cup skim milk with 1 1/2 tbspn. of starbucks whole coffee beans and 2 scoops vanilla whey, blended together and with 10 ice cubes. 16 oz. water. 1 g capsule of fish oil.

2:30 - Natty PBJ on WW bread, 1 banana, and 1 g capsule of fish oil. 8 oz. water.

3:30 - sis came with some Domino's chicken kickers, and cheesy bread... :drooling: I have no regrets :D 1 g capsule fish oil, 6 oz. water.

4:00 - played basketball with friends, it was so damn hot... almost threw up... no water...

6:30 - salad with bacon bits, sunflower seeds, and balsamic vinaigrette. 1 g capsule of fish oil. 16 oz. water

9:00 - 1/2 cup of almonds, 1 banana, choco mint whey mixed in 6 oz. skim milk. 1 g fish oil capsule. 8 oz. water.

Reflection
I was thirsty all day, felt nauseous and sick, still feel kind of weezy, have no clue why... maybe it was the domino's hot sauce, that stuff is lethal :eek:. calories = ~600 over maintenance (1700 :D )

chops
08-08-2003, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by SoulOfKoRea

Reflection
I was thirsty all day, felt nauseous and sick, still feel kind of weezy, have no clue why... maybe it was the domino's hot sauce, that stuff is lethal :eek:. calories = ~600 over maintenance (1700 :D ) [/B]

1700 is OVER maintenance for u?

SoulOfKoRea
08-08-2003, 11:02 AM

1700 is OVER maintenance for u?

oh, no I meant that 1700 is maintenance....;)

chops
08-08-2003, 03:11 PM
aren't u trying to bulk tho? and at 6% bf then u can use a higher variable than 13?

Reinier
08-08-2003, 06:05 PM
I remember that poem... its pretty vague

SoulOfKoRea
08-08-2003, 07:46 PM
aren't u trying to bulk tho? and at 6% bf then u can use a higher variable than 13?

yep, bulking. eh I didn't use any formulas or anything to get 1700 as maintenance, it just is/was... I'm currently consuming upwards of 2200-2300...

SoulOfKoRea
08-08-2003, 07:57 PM
Week 1: Day 5
11:30 A.M. - Natty PBJ on ww bread. Drank 3 oz. of skim milk and 4 oz. of OJ, mixed with 1 scoop of vanilla whey. Drank 16 oz. of water. Took 1 g capsule of fish oil.

2:00 P.M. - Steak, grilled in olive oil, with side of tabasco and A1 sauce. 1/2 cup brown rice. Took 1g capsule of fish oil. Drank 16 oz. of water.

3:00 - Pre-workout shake, 1 scoop chocolate whey mixed in 6 oz. skim milk, and 16 grams of maltodextrin. 1 g capsule of fish oil. 8 oz. water.

3:30 - Workout time. Shoulder's, tri's, and bi's. Warmed up around 3:10-3:20 by vacuuming upstairs and downstairs :). Had a terrific arms day, broke my plateau on close grip bench. Workout lasted ~50 minutes.

4:20 :smoke: - Post workout shake, 1 scoop chocolate mint whey mixed in 12 oz of water, 25 grams of dextrose and 25 grams of maltodextrin, 5 grams of creatine monohydrate. Sipped on 24 oz. of water.

6:30 - 2 large bowls of fruit loops:angel:, in skim milk... a banana... 1 g capsule of fish oil...16 oz. water

9:00 - 5 jumbo fried shrimp, choco mint whey shake in 7 oz. skim milk, 1 g capsule of fish oil. 16 oz. water

Reflection
Horrible, horrible eating day. will get everything back on track once school starts on monday, hope I have a good lunch period... Today I cut the grass, I got scurrred when I saw like 6-10 HUGE spiders on the side of our house, they were black and yellow spotted, and they were moving all around...yeah...uhhh.. okay!

Early weigh-in tomorrow morning, will officially be a week on Monday though. Tomorrow will be "refeed" day, yes on a bulk...why? because I love fruit loops :D. I'm thinking about screwing the whole eating healthy, might as well just eat everything thrown at me.

SoulOfKoRea
08-09-2003, 07:37 PM
Week 1: Day 6
10:30 A.M.- Natty PBJ on ww bread. I find out that there is no milk, no car to take out to go grocery shopping, no steaks, no brown rice, no eggs... ARGH! meant today was binge day to just get in excess cals :) ate a doughnut, and a honey bun! 1 g fish oil capsule. 16 oz. water

1:00 P.M. - 2 Grilled Cheese Sandwiches (ww bread, kraft singles, and some butter and margerine), some baked lays... rice krispy treat... 1 g fish oil capsule. 16 oz. water.

3:30 - 1/2 Can Chefboyardee Ravioli. rice krispy treat... baked lays... 1 g fish oil capsule. 8 oz. water

6:30 - 1/2 can ravioli, 1/2 can chefboyardee chicken parmegian... 2 slices whole wheat bread toasted. 1 g fish oil capsule. 24 oz. water

9:00 - finally have some milk! choco protein shake in 7 oz. water with 5 grams creatine. 16 oz. H2O!

Reflection
Oh mang... school starts in TWO DAYS! I'm excited, but worried because I barely did any of my A.P. U.S. History homework, I still need to read 2 1/2 chapters out of the textbook, I quote from some dude, "Procrastination is like masturbation, in the end, you're only screwing yourself..." I hear we have the tests on the second day of school, that sucks... oh well... it's just summer laziness, once school starts [Arnold's voice]"I'll be back"[/Arnold's voice]...

will weigh in on Monday morning...

SoulOfKoRea
08-10-2003, 06:28 PM
Week 1: Day 7
10:30 A.M. - Natty PBJ on ww bread. Drank 7 oz. of skim milk mixed with 1 scoop of choco mint whey and 5 grams of creatine. Drank 16 oz. of water. Took 1 g capsule of fish oil.

3:30 P.M. - 1/2 Can Chefboyardee Chicken Alfredo. Baked Lays... Yogurt granola bar...Orange dream protein shake(3 oz. skim milk, 4 oz. OJ, 1 scoop vanilla whey). Took 1g capsule of fish oil. Drank 16 oz. of water.

7:30 - 3 Bowls of fruit loops in skim milk. choco mint whey shake in 7oz. skim milk. 1 g capsule of fish oil. 8 oz. water.

9:00 - 1/4 cup peanuts, 1/4 cup almonds. Chocolate whey shake in 7 oz. skim milk, 1 g capsule of fish oil. 16 oz. water

Reflection
Tomorrow is the first day of school, I'm excited and nervous now. I've actually begun to finish up all of the homework I didn't do... still have to read one chapter, and take a lot of notes. It really depends on my lunch period and if my teachers don't mind me snacking in their classrooms :rolleyes: for me to get all the food in... I might have to just eat a large breakfast, snack on some nuts between class changes, and then eat a large lunch, get home eat another meal, get a protein shake before w/o, and then rest is history.

chops
08-11-2003, 05:49 AM
have a good first day!

RuLess
08-11-2003, 02:37 PM
hey! u take your creatine post?? lol i was wondering why i didnt see ne results from taking it, i drink it pre workout usually with some whey, or mixed with powerade or gatorade

AllUp
08-11-2003, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Fenway

Hehe normally when you bulk your taking in Excess calories (usually 500cals a day yields ~1lb per week on most individuals)
, Some will go towards your bf% unfortunately:(

So you bulk a few lbs over and when you cut the muscle that is lost is just surplus :D

AllUp
08-11-2003, 02:47 PM
Lol disregard the above^^ Wrong post :D

Also Goodluck on the gains SoK.

-AllUp

SoulOfKoRea
08-12-2003, 02:39 PM
hmm... well it looks like I don't have much time to be online anymore, so I will most likely have to post my diet and training at the end of the week.

Junior year is going to be hard, here's my schedule:

Advanced Algebra and Trig.
A.P. Spanish III
A.P. English
College Note Taking 1st semester / SAT prep. 2nd semester (most fun class so far...)
A.P. U.S. History
Honors Physics

RuLess
08-12-2003, 03:48 PM
damn bro i feel for u.. i got trig this year too..

anatomy is gonna be soo hard too

goodluck with ur goals tho

pz

WeakSauceAsian
08-12-2003, 05:42 PM
Dead sexy.

Keep on the path. The path. And the other one.

I'mma put some pics up soon, maybe i'll get within 3-4% of ya on this round :D.

WeakSauceAsian
08-12-2003, 05:42 PM
Dead sexy.

Keep on the path. The path. And the other
One.

SoulOfKoRea
08-15-2003, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by WeakSauceAsian
Dead sexy.

Keep on the path. The path. And the other
One.

:omg: double post :eek:

Week 2: Monday
6:15-6:30 A.M. - Eat 2 natty PBJ sandwiches on whole wheat bread. whey protein shake in 7 oz. skim milk. 2 x 1 g fish oil caps. 12 oz. water.

10:45 - Eat 2 natty PB sandwiches on whole wheat bread. 1/4 cup peanuts, 1/4 cup almonds. 12 oz. water.

2:45 - 2 bowls cereal, banana nut crunch in 1 cup skim milk. whey shake w/ 7 oz. skim milk. 2 x 1 g. fish oil caps. 16 oz. water.

4:00 - pre-workout shake, 6 oz. skim milk, 1 scoop whey, 16 grams maltodextrin. 8 oz. water. 2 x 1 g fish oil caps.

4:30 - workout. had an incredible chest and back day, my chest has been responding a lot more now that I've switched most of the pressing movements with the squeezing (I'm a squeeezeer!). 2 sets of flat dumbell flyes(which I already was doing), and instead of incline dumbell presses I just switched to 2 sets of incline dumbell presses on the ~30 degree angle. two weeks of doing this and I can already tell that my chest can be massive after all :thumbup:.

5:20 - post-workout shake, 13 oz. water with 1 scoop choco mint whey, 5 grams of creatine, 25 grams malto, 25 grams dex. 8 oz. more water.

6:30 - ate dinner, 3 chicken breasts with some tabasco on the side, 2 scrambled eggs, 2 toasted pieces of ww bread with fruit spread. 2 x 1 g fish oil caps. 16 oz. water.

9:00 - whey shake in 7 oz. skim milk, FINALLY FINISHED MY 10 LB. BAG OF VANILLA ICE CREAM WHEY, this stuff gets kind of sick after a week... had to improvise and use OJ with it for most of the time. tastes like flour :cool:. 1/4 cup peanuts, 1/4 cup almonds. 2 x 1 g fish oil caps. 8 oz. water.

Reflection
I think my back is turning out to be one of my best muscle groupings. Weird eating schedule, but I like my lunch period, A period with my best friends and some senior girls I know. Had a GRRRREAT first day :) got to see my friends(and my girls ;), classes were short bcuz of homeroom. got home, psyched up for my workout. had quite a bit of homework.

SoulOfKoRea
08-15-2003, 06:18 PM
Week 2: Tuesday
6:15-6:30 A.M. - Eat 2 natty PBJ sandwiches on whole wheat bread. choco. mint whey protein shake in 7 oz. skim milk + 5 grams of creatine. 2 x 1 g fish oil caps. 12 oz. water.

10:45 - Eat 2 natty PB sandwiches on whole wheat bread. 1/4 cup peanuts, 1/4 cup almonds. 12 oz. water.

2:45 - 2 bowls cereal, banana nut crunch in 1 cup skim milk. whey shake w/ 7 oz. skim milk. 2 x 1 g. fish oil caps. 16 oz. water.

4:00 - 16 oz. water.

6:30 - ate dinner, 2 bowls of fruit loops in 1 cup skim milk!. 2 x 1 g fish oil caps. 16 oz. water.

9:00 - choco. whey shake in 7 oz. skim milk. 1/4 cup peanuts, 1/4 cup almonds. 2 x 1 g fish oil caps. 8 oz. water.

Reflection
had MAJOR DOMS in pecs and traps/shoulder region. I got to school, and got my locker(which happens to be in the PERFECT location in between all of my classes), and then I go to test it out and it's jammed. had to carry everything home. see next day's reflection for some interesting news.

SoulOfKoRea
08-15-2003, 06:19 PM
Week 2: Wednesday
6:15-6:30 A.M. - Eat 2 natty PBJ sandwiches on whole wheat bread. whey protein shake in 7 oz. skim milk. 2 x 1 g fish oil caps. 12 oz. water.

4:00 - pre-workout shake, 6 oz. skim milk, 1 scoop whey, 16 grams maltodextrin. 8 oz. water. 2 x 1 g fish oil caps.

4:30 - workout. legs day was brutal, I think this is the first time I almost cried because of squats :cry:, I can tell that my calves are starting to get bigger, I see the seperation of the muscles from the front, but my calves tend to grow in a mass rather than outwards which give them a slim appearance. which sucks.

5:30 - post-workout shake, 13 oz. water with 1 scoop choco mint whey, 5 grams of creatine, 25 grams malto, 25 grams dex. 8 oz. more water.

6:30 - ate dinner, mmmm forgot what it was, I think it was 2 chicken breasts with 1/3 cup brown rice. 2 x 1 g fish oil caps. 16 oz. water.

9:00 - whey shake in 7 oz. skim milk, 1/4 cup peanuts, 1/4 cup almonds. 2 x 1 g fish oil caps. 8 oz. water.

Reflection
I hope my legs grow like crazy during this bulk. I need more food, haven't had the chance to weigh in, but Saturday I will for sure. Okay... I get to school and I go to the 11th grade office(huge school, we have a grade level office for each grade, ~4000 kids 2 stories 2 buildings 2 huge gyms 1 huge cafeteria) and tell them my locker is jammed. during the day, I still couldn't get it open, until after 6th period when my friend Dennis opened it for me, I was circling the last number without knowing it since they're both right next to each other... Well I passed my first A.P. U.S. History quiz over chapters 1 and 2, missed only 1 out of 15! most of my classes are fun, but my 6th period physics teacher TALKS TOO QUIETLY AND TALKS IN A MONOTONE VOICE.

SoulOfKoRea
Week 2: Thursday
6:15-6:30 A.M. - Eat 2 natty PBJ sandwiches on whole wheat bread. choco. mint whey protein shake in 7 oz. skim milk + 5 grams of creatine. 2 x 1 g fish oil caps. 12 oz. water.

4:00 - 16 oz. water.

6:30 - ate dinner, some spicy bbq beef with 1 cup brown rice. 2 x 1 g fish oil caps. 16 oz. water.

9:00 - choco. whey shake in 7 oz. skim milk. 1/4 cup peanuts, 1/4 cup almonds. 2 x 1 g fish oil caps. 8 oz. water.

Reflection
traps were sore, and quads and hams were tight.
we had someone from Balfour come to give the Jr. class(~1030 people) a powerpoint on our class ring options, I don't think I will get one, I doubt I will wear it after a week...
something disturbing: during 1st period, I'm in a senior math class and they were talking about this kid who jumped off the 3rd story of the Mall of GA(largest mall in GA) on thursday. the 3rd stories = movie theatres. the kid was in middle school and just commited suicide, some of the seniors went to church with him... kinda sad ain't it? he's in critical condition.

SoulOfKoRea
Week 2: Friday

4:30 - workout. intense shoulders / tri's / bi's day, I broke my military press plateau finally. triceps failed around rep 7 though in close-grip bench and skulls, but bi's were killed today!

5:20 - post-workout shake, 13 oz. water with 1 scoop choco mint whey, 5 grams of creatine, 25 grams malto, 25 grams dex. 8 oz. more water.

6:30 - ate dinner, grilled steak with A1 and tabasco, 1 cup brown rice, 1 piece of garlic bread. 2 x 1 g fish oil caps. 16 oz. water.

9:00 - whey shake in 7 oz. skim milk, 1/4 cup peanuts, 1/4 cup almonds. 2 x 1 g fish oil caps. 8 oz. water.

Reflection
Since beginning my bulk and taking creatine, I can already tell a major difference in size, especially in the chest. Tired out already, but I still enjoy school :thumbup:. Had trouble sleeping on Mon-Wed because I didn't adjust my sleep schedule before the week started.

The individual that was included in the reflection on Thursday died. I also learned about a stabbing at Dacula High School, what a great way to start the year.

snow
08-15-2003, 09:19 PM
hmm... well it looks like I don't have much time to be online anymore, so I will most likely have to post my diet and training at the end of the week.

Junior year is going to be hard, here's my schedule:

Advanced Algebra and Trig.
A.P. Spanish III
A.P. English
College Note Taking 1st semester / SAT prep. 2nd semester (most fun class so far...)
A.P. U.S. History
Honors Physics

Whoa! I guess that's good if you are trying to get into a good school, but believe me bro, if you plan on going to college.. take it EASY!! At least your senior year because the courses that mean everything are in college.

If I were you, I think I would up your calories if you're trying to get to 160! Then again, I have crazy metabolism, so I have to.

Let's see some workout stats.. :strong:

SoulOfKoRea
08-16-2003, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by snow

Whoa! I guess that's good if you are trying to get into a good school, but believe me bro, if you plan on going to college.. take it EASY!! At least your senior year because the courses that mean everything are in college.

If I were you, I think I would up your calories if you're trying to get to 160! Then again, I have crazy metabolism, so I have to.

Let's see some workout stats.. :strong:

yeah I know, my cals are a little low, but my appetite has died on me...

I'm trying to earn some college credits so I don't have to take/pay for some classes, and I'm going to try to get 40 hours of volunteering this year(which should help a lot when colleges are looking at my application).

my workout stats are embarassing, well maybe not for my weight...

SoulOfKoRea
08-16-2003, 08:57 PM
Week 2: Saturday
11:00 A.M. - 1 bowl of banana nut crunch cereal in 2/3 cup skim milk. choco mint whey protein shake in 7 oz. skim milk + 5 grams of creatine. 2 x 1 g fish caps. 24 oz. water.

1:00 P.M. - took medicine, 16 oz. water

3:00 - 2 x Natty PBJ on ww bread. 1 banana. choco. whey in 7 oz. skim milk, 2 x 1 g fish caps. 16 oz. water.

5:00 - steak grilled in olive oil, 1 cup brown rice, 2 pieces of garlic bread, 2 x 1 g fish caps, 16 oz. water.

7:00 - take medicine, 16 oz. water.

9:00 - 1/4 cup peanuts, 1/4 cup almonds, 1 scoop choco mint whey in 7 oz. skim milk. 2 x 1 g fish caps. 8 oz. water.

Reflection
Woke up with slight soreness in Triceps.
I suck at bulking! Need more food, weighed in at 130 in the morning :(. will add about 200 calories before bed, and an additional 200 around 1-2 p.m.
no car today, stuck @ home, sucks.
oh well, atleast I got most of my homework done...
note to self: buy Playdoh for Monday's activity?

RuLess
08-17-2003, 01:42 PM
how many pounds u gained so far?

RuLess
08-17-2003, 01:48 PM
and u gotta start eating lots of big food man.. i down some steaks.. chicken breasts.. mashed potatoes, yams, juss big food.. its good to have the good fats.. but if u wanna put on weight u gotta eat a lot..

goodluck with your goals..

im tryna to bulk to 195. . gained 5-6 pounds so far :)

between 3 weeks

pz

SoulOfKoRea
08-17-2003, 01:51 PM
2 weeks, 1 pound, I agree I need to eat more but there's not much to eat at my house! should have gone grocery shopping today...

snow
08-17-2003, 02:44 PM

yeah I know, my cals are a little low, but my appetite has died on me...

I'm trying to earn some college credits so I don't have to take/pay for some classes, and I'm going to try to get 40 hours of volunteering this year(which should help a lot when colleges are looking at my application).

my workout stats are embarassing, well maybe not for my weight...

well, that is a good idea then.. college credits for free is ALWAYS good.

and dude, don't worry about your workout stats.. anybody who judges those should die a horrible death anyway.. i just like to see people improve! :)