PDA

View Full Version : Latty's new strength routine

Chris Rodgers
08-27-2001, 01:37 PM
I've told most of you that I've been a lazy biatch lately with no motivation, poor eating habits and in turn, poor inconsistent training. Well, that is all a thing of the past. I've set new goals, gotten myself really freakin motivated, got help with a routine from Maki and suggestions from Getin Bigger. I am ready to get strong. 4 days a week, pretty simple for now. Just looking to progress before I get into the different techniques, i.e. Westside or something along those lines. One day is only devoted to abs, obliques and calves, so won't be too demanding.

BTW, Chris, this is a strength phase and I'm not sure how long it will go for, probably a while. When I look towards going into a hypertrophy phase, I shall look your way. ;)

Thanks everyone who helped me and those of you who will support me during my training. :D

Chris Rodgers
08-27-2001, 01:40 PM
8/27

Squat day
Squats- 150 lbs 8x2(setsxreps)
Arched back good mornings- 95 lbs 2x6, 105 lbs 2x6

That's it. First day, so I had to try and guess poundages. I purposely underestimated my 1RM so that I could start a bit lighter. Over the next few weeks I will add weight gradually. Squats are done with 45 seconds rest. Good mornings were done with closer to 90-120 seconds rest.

Maki Riddington
08-27-2001, 02:56 PM
Arched back and back that azz up!
I'm referring to the Good Mornings.

Mystic Eric
08-27-2001, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Maki Riddington
Arched back and back that azz up!
I'm referring to the Good Mornings.

are you sure you're talking about good mornings, maki? ;)

Mef
08-27-2001, 03:14 PM
So latty arching his back and backing that azz up is your idea of a good morning Maki? You cheeky monkey

Maki Riddington
08-27-2001, 03:24 PM
Well if you want to get technical no it's not.

chris mason
08-27-2001, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by LATMAN
I've told most of you that I've been a lazy biatch lately with no motivation, poor eating habits and in turn, poor inconsistent training. Well, that is all a thing of the past. I've set new goals, gotten myself really freakin motivated, got help with a routine from Maki and suggestions from Getin Bigger. I am ready to get strong. 4 days a week, pretty simple for now. Just looking to progress before I get into the different techniques, i.e. Westside or something along those lines. One day is only devoted to abs, obliques and calves, so won't be too demanding.

BTW, Chris, this is a strength phase and I'm not sure how long it will go for, probably a while. When I look towards going into a hypertrophy phase, I shall look your way. ;)

Thanks everyone who helped me and those of you who will support me during my training. :D

Yes Lats, I really have no clue how to develop strength:rolleyes: .

Cackerot69
08-27-2001, 07:26 PM
He never said that, just that there are better people to ask......

Chris Rodgers
08-27-2001, 08:00 PM
Geez, I go to work for a few hours and look what happens.

Chris- That wasn't what I was referring too. I feel you actually know exactly what I meant, you just wanted to let it be known that you are a strong mofo. That is true, but I wanted to give some of these other techniques a try.

Maki- I know that sounded really gay, but I get what you mean. It really helped to watch the videos of the guys at Westside demonstrating technique.

Chris Rodgers
08-28-2001, 01:38 PM
8/28

Calves, abs
Standing calf raises on Smith- 125 lbs 2x25
Hanging knee raise- 2 sets
Kneeling cable crunch- 2 sets
Side bends- 2 sets

I haven't done real calf or ab training for ages. I went easy, but will still probably be sore, lol.

chris mason
08-28-2001, 02:07 PM
Some days you all amuse me. Lats, I know you weren't trying to insult me. I do find your (all of you) perceptions of who I am and what I think amusing at times. Lats, why exactly do you think that I would not recommend training a bit differently if your primary goal was strength? Cack, as far as better people to ask, I think that my maximum lifts (over my years of training), overall, exceed those of anyone on this site, so why exactly would there be someone better ? Oh wait, is it because I am some sort of a genetic freak?:rolleyes: Pleeaase....

Mystic Eric
08-28-2001, 05:37 PM
chris, i think you're good buff and good looking ;)

Cackerot69
08-28-2001, 05:43 PM
Because you are the almighty Chris Mason and all shall only be inferior, of course.

Mystic Eric
08-28-2001, 05:53 PM
well i dunno if all are inferior to him.. but cack, you sure as hell are! :p

chris mason
08-28-2001, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by Cackerot69
Because you are the almighty Chris Mason and all shall only be inferior, of course.

Well, far from it. There are obviously people quite a bit bigger and stronger than me out there. Of course there is also God. Yes Cack, I am confident in myself and my abilities, but also fully cognizant of my own faults. When it comes to weightlifting, however, the faults are very few and far between. Anyone who heeds my advice on that subject shall not be led astray.

Cackerot69
08-28-2001, 06:13 PM
Well, consider that Latty has been using your methods for quite a while and basically got nowhere. So, he wants to try something else in hopes of better results, because obviously what you espouse didn't work very well for him.

I know what you do works well for you, we all do...but it's not the only way and not the best for everyone is every situtation.

Ok, I'm done fooking up Latty's journal.... :)

chris mason
08-28-2001, 06:21 PM
I was unaware that he was using my methods, actually. As I seem to recall it, he was playing sports and lifting had gone on the backburner. I also recall that he had asked for a routine, and I had not gotten around to providing it. I will attribute that little lapse on your part to the lack of carbohydrates in your diet, you know, the brain can only use carbs for fuel......

Cackerot69
08-28-2001, 06:23 PM
He's been using your basic principles for his whole time training as he sits at a whopping 150lbs and weak...with a gut, haha. Ahem, sorry Latty.

BTW, if the brain could only use carbs as fuel I'd be dead right now...

chris mason
08-28-2001, 06:33 PM
Actaully you are quite wrong about being dead. Maybe that nutrition course will teach you a thing or two. The brain can only use glucose as fuel, if you don't eat it, the brain will break down protein to get it.

I am not sure what you mean by saying he has been using my basic principles, as you are not fully aware of all of my basic principles. Low volume alone will not make Johnny a big boy.

Cackerot69
08-28-2001, 06:50 PM
:rolleyes:

Cackerot69
08-28-2001, 11:03 PM
BTW Chris, you obviously do not understand the state of ketosis (which is probably why you advocated against me using it). When in ketosis the body produces ketones (a byproduct of FAT metabolism) which the brain can use as fuel. Thus, glucose is not the only source of fuel for the brain.

Chris Rodgers
08-29-2001, 11:33 AM
OK, I'm done fooking up Latty's journal.... :)

Did anyone else read this?????

Geez, mutherfuggin arguing biatches. Take that **** somewhere else or else I'll start an upper chest argument in Chris's journal and a raising the heels during squatting thread in Cack's journal!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! :mad:

Cackerot69
08-29-2001, 11:38 AM
Haha, sorry about that latty.

Sayiajin Prince
08-29-2001, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by LATMAN
8/27

Squat day
Squats- 150 lbs 8x2(setsxreps)

skinny lil biatch!, i can jump squat 120 haha

PowerManDL
08-29-2001, 01:19 PM
Those are speed squats, idjit-- they're supposed to be light.

Chris Rodgers
08-29-2001, 01:41 PM
LOL, thanks Power.

8/29

Push
Flat Flyes- 35's 2x8
DB push press- 50's 5x3
Inc. Close grips- 95 3x3, 105 2x3, 115 1x3*
DB skull crushers- 25's 2x6

*Wasn't sure about weight on these, so I started a bit too light. Last set was just as explosive as the first.

DB skull crushers are the hardest f'n exercise!!

Maki- I love this day, good work! All those sets, plus a few warmups and it took less than 30 minutes! Those short rest periods really make you work!

Oh yeah, I weighed in at a whopping 155 lbs today.

Chris Rodgers
08-31-2001, 01:38 PM
8/31

Deadlift day
Deadlifts- 265 lbs 5x5
Seated row- 130 lbs 2x8
Farmers Walk- 80 lb db's- 220 feet

Damn hard workout!! Those deads near killed me and then the Farmers walk!!! OMG! I wanted to stop so bad, but Slipknot and Drowning Pool kept me goin!!

The seated rows are done with a med/wide overhand grip.

The_Chicken_Daddy
08-31-2001, 01:55 PM
"Let the bodies hit the floor..." :dj:

Chris Rodgers
08-31-2001, 01:57 PM
Hell Yeah!!! It was definitely pumpin through a few sets of deads!!!

The_Chicken_Daddy
08-31-2001, 02:01 PM
I want to make mad monkey love to that choon...

chris mason
08-31-2001, 04:53 PM
BTW Chris, you obviously do not understand the state of ketosis (which is probably why you advocated against me using it). When in ketosis the body produces ketones (a byproduct of FAT metabolism) which the brain can use as fuel. Thus, glucose is not the only source of fuel for the brain.

Hey Cack, go back and read a bit and tell me what exactly those ketones consist of. Guess what, the only source of fuel for the brain is glucose, period. Go ahead and let me know what you find out.

Cackerot69
08-31-2001, 05:38 PM
Acetoacetate and beta-hydroxybutyrate.

-last post is latty's journal, if you want to continue the discussion make a new thread or PM me.

Chris Rodgers
08-31-2001, 10:51 PM
-last post is latty's journal, if you want to continue the discussion make a new thread or PM me.

At least somebody gives a damn!!

chris mason
09-01-2001, 06:06 AM
I see, you have now become "Cack The Caring":rolleyes: . Go find a physiology or nutrition text that states that the brain can use anything other than glucose for fuel, then refer me to it.

Sorry Lats, you are welcome to butcher my log if you wish.

Maki Riddington
09-01-2001, 03:45 PM
Haha, Latty's thread is getting ruined.
:p

Chris Rodgers
09-01-2001, 03:46 PM
Thanks Maki! I thought maybe you were gonna give training advice! :mad:

Chris Rodgers
09-01-2001, 03:52 PM
Ok, you guys can do whatever you want with this one, I gots a new one!