PDA

View Full Version : What's the verdict on yogurt?

Blight
08-04-2003, 10:46 PM
I'm going to start bulking up next month and I'm trying to think of foods that are high in protein that I can take with me to classes or work. What's the verdict on yogurt? Good? Bad? Concentrated evil? Let me know!

reloaded
08-05-2003, 12:24 AM
i just ate a small tub of yogurt. wondering the same thing...:D nutrition facts are as follows for the kind i ate:

230 calories (20 from fat)
2 g fat
1 g saturated fat
45 g carbs
40 g sugar
9 g protein
5 mg cholesterol
135 mg sodium
vitamins A (2%), C (2%), Calcium (20%)

bradley
08-05-2003, 03:08 AM
Originally posted by Blight
I'm going to start bulking up next month and I'm trying to think of foods that are high in protein that I can take with me to classes or work. What's the verdict on yogurt? Good? Bad? Concentrated evil? Let me know!

If you are going to eat yogurt I would go with the plain non-fat variety, and if you want you can add some fruit or something to give it some flavor.

Although if you are looking for something high in protein, cottage cheese would be the better choice.:)

Ironman8
08-05-2003, 10:41 AM
Or a healthier choice would be natural yogurt. Just made of fruit and not added sugar :)

jugheadkills
08-05-2003, 10:50 AM
plain yogurt with fruit is the way to go

bradley
08-05-2003, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Ironman8
Or a healthier choice would be natural yogurt. Just made of fruit and not added sugar :)

Well you have to take into account that even non-fat plain yogurt will contain sugar because of the lactose.