PDA

View Full Version : David's Journal

Toy-Yoda
08-05-2003, 12:34 AM
Decided to do a journal so I can track improvements and stuff. Feel free to give advice and such but don't be a d*ck about it =]

First off my name is David. I just turned 18. I weigh around 200 and I am 6'2. I want to weigh around 180. I used to weigh 240 before working out and I was pretty big. 26 body fat at the time. I am pretty sure im in between 14-18 percent now. Right now I am just trying to get into the habit of working out. Some days I run, and somedays I dont.

August 4th, 2003

Woke up around 10, can't really remember when. I do what I always do, go straight to my computer :), well first I pee. Looked around the internet for volt mods and cooling mods for my 9500 radeon to make better and faster, I love computer crap. About 10:40 I ate some blue-berry muffins that my mom made. I considered that breakfast. Got back on the comp and surfed and played games. At 11:30 I took Whey Protein shake that contains about 44 grams of protein. Only mixed with milk for taste so I didnt puke. I also took ECA Stack which contains ephedrine.

After that I did a load of laundry and then talked online to a couple of people. Around 12:10 I switched from under-wear mode to shorts and t-shirt mode but had a problem with finding a pair of shorts since I threw all of my stuff in the washer. I ended up wearing a pair that I have been working in that smelled like my ass, I just masked it with cologne and left around 12:30.

At gym I first helped my friend Jason bench max today. He warmed up with 135 and then gradually went up. I believe he maxed at 265. Then my other friend James arrived and we began our workout.

Since I have barely worked out the past 2 months I lost a lot. It is only the past couple weeks that I have been going about everyday. I was very soar and had a hard time with 135. I used to rep 155 with ease. I did 5 sets with 6 reps and the 6 set with 3 negatives. Then I did butterfly 3 times with 80, 90, then 100 in weight. 8 reps per set. Then I moved on to incline. Still very stiff so I did light weight. 30 lbs, 3 sets, 6 reps. Then decline with the same weight, sets, and reps. By the end I was VERY tired and soar. My arms shaked which i hear is a good thing. I am still not used to working out again but hopefully will improve within a couple weeks.

I went home and played some counter-strike for about 20 min. Then I did my chores, had another protein shake, took more ECA Stackmade two sandwhiches for lunch and left for work at 3:00.

At work, I opened the pizza resteraunt. I make pizzas, make dough, and do ovens. Doing the ovens can easily make you pour sweat in minutes but during summer time anything can make u sweat since its about 100 or above in the kitchen. This also helps me loose weight as well I believe cause I used to feel quite exausted at the end of nights. Around 5 or 6 I took the last two ECA Stack pills of the day. I just started using it again because I heard it help retains muscle mass when dieting.

It got kinda busy at work and I left around 10:30. Today was pay day. I make 7:25 :( and worked 74 hours in about two weeks. My total paycheck was 460, was 530 but the damn government took that chunk.

I got home, took out the trash and set it to the curb since tommorow is trash day. Chances are the garbage men will wake me up around 7 or 8 by pounding the crap out of the trash cans.
I didn't even see my parents today since they leave around 6 and 7 and I get up around 9-11 and they were sleeping when I got home. This is what usually happens. This week I work 5 days, which is down from my normal 6. Oh well, i am starting to burn out. I went up-stairs, booted up my comp and then typed this thing. I will probably stay up till around 2 am unless I take night-quill.

Hopefully I can keep a log for everyday, atleast a short one.

Tell me what you think. Thanks.

AndresC
08-05-2003, 12:41 AM
here's some :spam: for you. Looks pretty good. I bet you'll feel pretty good tomorrow morning when you wake up :) The key is to keep working out and maintain those workouts. That's my problem right now. Going through some life styles so it's hard.

Keep it up though :)

Toy-Yoda
08-05-2003, 12:53 AM
Forgot to mention something. I currently have pityriasis
rosea, its a rash type thing. I started to workout again about 4 weeks ago and noticed a rash type thing, it made me depressed and I stopped. I have had this before and it sucks ass. Last time it stayed around 6 months time. This time its more aggresive and different. It started on my chest but now its fading on my chest and on my back and legs and arms.. which blows.

Hers some info about this:
- Theres no cure or known cause for why it starts.
- It is not contagious at all.
- Heat makes it worse. So when I workout or work in the kitchen it makes it spread.
- Sunlight helps, i got sun on my chest and after a week it got lighter there. Tommorow Im gonna try to go tanning a little.
- After a while, weeks to months, it will go away all by itself and in most cases stays gone forever. Unlucky me.

Search google for images and your find some bad cases.

Anyone else have this? It can be common in teenagers.

Stephen Riddington
08-05-2003, 10:53 AM
dude... Star Wars f*cking rules!!!!:thumbup: I love your sig, my favorite quote in the entire series; because it's true.

And have yourself a little :spam: and good luck with your journal.

AndresC
08-06-2003, 04:59 AM
I found the quote for him when I was looking for mine :thumbup:

Stephen Riddington
08-06-2003, 10:18 AM
heheheh. So cool I thought, I would be the only Star Wars geek in this forum.

Toy-Yoda
08-07-2003, 11:55 PM
August 5th

I didn't work out. The cleaning lady was in the house so I stayed in my room until she left. Why? Cause then I can't run around bare ass naked. Naw, I just like lounging in my boxors. Anyway, her vaccum woke me up and put me in a bad mood. I worked at 3 and got home around 9:30.

August 6th.

I have decided I have lost enough weight for now and want to finally get some muscle. Ever since I started doing the diet thing I have barely made any gains. My new diet will consist of lots of chicken and tuna as well as lots of high protein foods. Instead of having 2000 a day, im going to go for around 2500-3000 for about a month and see where it gets me.

At gym we worked on arms and I was incredibly soar so I went VERY light. Just basic free weight stuff for the most part. My part of that day was preacher curls.

August 7th.

Weight 198 at 6'2

Got my nuts touched by the doctor for my physical, had to fast for 12 hours, and got bloodwork done. After that I crammed burger king in my mouth. I really didn't feel guilty like I usually would, the Chicken Club Ceaser sandwhich was hella good.

Doctor says I have noticabbly lost weight and now look older than I did, since I used to be the short fat kid that people thought was 7 when I was 12. She was happy with the progress that I made and my blood pressure was very low, but not too low. She gave me medication to help heal my knee that I messed up in Cancun. We also talked about me being light headed a lot more. The rest is private. tuttut

Today was bench day and I tried pyramid training for the first time for lifting. Ive done it for running, its a bitch to run for 10 min then barely catch your breath and run again for 12 min.

I started light today, still soar from last week.

12 reps of 80
10 reps of 100
8 reps of 120
6 reps of 140 -only made 4 :(
4 reps of 155 -bar landed on my chest and didnt rise....

Im not too suprised with the way I have been eating for the last two weeks. For some reason I wasnt eating hardly anything, just didn't feel like eating.

Then did incline, decline, and butterfly.

Forced myself to go up in weight, which I did better than before.

Came home and had a protein lunch. Except I puked up a protein shake, I cant stand the taste of it sometimes.

Anyway, I can't workout tommorow since I work at 11am and I am NOT a morning person. I plan to workout Saturday.

AndresC
08-08-2003, 01:23 AM
Sounds pretty good david. You are keeping a good workout routine. Focus on that diet and increase calories like you said and you'll reach your goal for sure.

Toy-Yoda
08-14-2003, 03:19 AM
Ok, I know I need to update this. I will tomorrow.

Toy-Yoda
08-15-2003, 12:04 AM
Ok, here goes nothign...

First off some GREAT NEWS!!!! My pityriasis rosea is going away!! I was sooo freaking out at first cause it spreading to my arms, lower legs, and neck. Now it looks like dry skin, kinda red still a little. Much better cause last time I had this it lasted 6 MONTHS! This barely over a month.

August 8-13

Continued working out almost daily. I went down in weight for a couple days mainly due to the fact I am not used to this still. Ive already made minor gains though already. Mostly in endurance, I can do more reps now.

I am consuming around 180-250 grams of protein a day. Tuna has become my best friend. I eat tones of this stuff.

I have mostly been working on arms, back, and sholders. I am avoiding lower body for two reasons.
- I am already WAY to strong compared to upper body.
- I messed my knee up in Cancun and its still to soar to even stretch, but I can run oddly enough.

Anyways, hers my bench weight.

If I dont pyramid I just do 135 for 5 sets with 6 reps.

Pyramid (dont laugh)
80 - 12 reps
100 - 10 reps
115 - 8 reps
125 - 6 reps
135- 4 reps
155 - 2 reps

so far I cant make it to 155 yet. =[ I'm still pissed off I used to rep 155 easily, but its kinda coming back fast.

Free weights:

Incline
36 with 3 sets, and 6-8 reps depending on the day (thats up 5 lbs.

Decline

40 with 3 sets, and 6-8 reps

Then I do a bunch of stuff where I dont yet know the names of it yet..

:D

I was also proud of myself for working out when my friends decided they didnt want to that day and they left to go to Burger King.

Toy-Yoda
08-15-2003, 12:47 AM
Aug 14th

Worked on arms today. Just a bunch of free weights. I still dont know the names of these exercises I am doing. Before in school I only worked on bench, dead, squat, and clean.

I will ask someone and post 'em up.

On some of the machines I have already increased on.

Btw.. how much protein is too much? Would 300grams a day be too much? I weigh 200lbs, 6'2.

AndresC
08-15-2003, 01:04 AM
nice job on eating all that protein. That's crazy amounts. How much tuna you eat a day?

Toy-Yoda
08-15-2003, 01:06 AM
Well i was going to eat 4 cans a day...

Then i was told about mercury in protein and i was told to limit myself to one can a day. I am doing 2 a day right now. WIth protein shake.

Toy-Yoda
08-15-2003, 10:31 PM
August 15th.

No workout.

Went to work at 11am, got home a little before 9 pm. Waste of a day.

snow
08-15-2003, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by Toy-Yoda
Aug 14th

Worked on arms today. Just a bunch of free weights. I still dont know the names of these exercises I am doing. Before in school I only worked on bench, dead, squat, and clean.

I will ask someone and post 'em up.

On some of the machines I have already increased on.

Btw.. how much protein is too much? Would 300grams a day be too much? I weigh 200lbs, 6'2.

i'm not sure if you can have too much protein, but ideal is 1g per 1lb of body weight. good luck!

Toy-Yoda
08-17-2003, 12:11 AM
Thanks snow. Good to see more people with feedback.

August 16th.

No work out... :(

I ate kripsy cream! ARGH!!!! It felt soooo good to taste sugar again!

Anyways, a friend called me after work around 10 pm and wanted to run. I was like wtf?! Its late, but I felt kinda guilty about not running and eat fatty foods, so I ran a mile.

I dont expect to workout tomorrow either, since I work all day again, but maybe another mile run at night.

AndresC
08-19-2003, 05:40 AM
Originally posted by Toy-Yoda
Well i was going to eat 4 cans a day...

Then i was told about mercury in protein and i was told to limit myself to one can a day. I am doing 2 a day right now. WIth protein shake.

Just curious but who told you about the mecury? Ask your Doc for me and you when/if you go back.

Toy-Yoda
08-20-2003, 12:33 AM
Jason, a friend of mine did. Hes a serious lifter and I trust a lot of his advice.

August 19th.

Finally went to the gym again, after 4 days. I didnt lift because work and now all of my friends are not going to the gym, mainly cause they are gone or lazy =[.

I can really see improvement from bulking and eating tons of protein.

In bench I did 4 sets with 6 reps of 135. Much easier and actually made the last set for once.

Free weight incline was a little tough but after the second set, it was ok

Decline I noticed improved as well. So far I am improving in endurance quite a bit. Only have been eating lots of protein for a little more than a week now. I hope my old weight comes back soon.

Im afraid to increase weight since my friends arent here to spot. I asked a guy today to spot me on my last set but it felt kinda weird.

Im pretty confident I could increase about 10 lbs and do at least two full sets without major strugle. I will wait when my friends get back on vacation. Until then, I am taking care of their cats and house sitting. PARTY!

Tomorrow I am going to try and get up around 9 instead of 11. I want to run a mile in the morning too before it gets too hot but getting up is SO hard for me. I actually feel like running at night and have done so a couple times.

Also, I found out that when I ran my mile the other day, my friend Jason ran 16 miles!! I was like wtf! He was taking ephedrine though.

Weight lifted: in lbs

Bench:
1st set 135, 6 reps.
2nd set 135, 6 reps.
3rd set 135, 6 reps.
4th set 135, 6 reps.

Incline, free weights
1st set 32, 8 reps
2nd set 32, 6 reps
3rd set 32, 8 reps

Decline, free weights:
1st set 36, 8 reps
2nd set 36, 8 reps
3rd set 36, 8 reps

Butterfly:
1st set 90, 8 reps
2nd set 100, 8 reps (barely)
3rd set 90, 8 reps

Compared to a week ago, this is getting much easier.

AndresC
08-20-2003, 07:39 PM
:spam:

beastin v6
08-20-2003, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by AndresC

Just curious but who told you about the mecury? Ask your Doc for me and you when/if you go back.

Why is everyone scared of this? Back when I first started to lose weight I used eat 6-7 cans daily. I used to buy tuna by the boxes, I still buy about 40 cans monthly. No adays I am not eating as much tuna because I am busy w/ my job but I used to eat them like drinking water.

Maybe I missed something..? I never really did much research on that though. :cool:

Toy-Yoda
08-21-2003, 11:33 PM
August 21st

Ran two miles today. That was about it. Heh. Yesterday and today were kinda lazy days, just didnt do much of anything except sleep lots and surf lots.

Toy-Yoda
08-25-2003, 11:24 PM
Ugh...ive been bad and lazy.

No workouts of any kind in the last 4 days. I keep getting up late and going to work.

At least I am still eating lots of protein!

Tomorrow I am going to run and maybe lift. Dunno yet.

Stephen Riddington
08-26-2003, 12:12 AM
You been lazy...
Get your ass down and give me a 100... you lazy wuss!!!

That will be enough for your arms, now for your abs....

Toy-Yoda
02-26-2004, 04:47 PM
Its been a long time since Ive replied here, I did give up lifting for a while and a plumped back up. I got back into lifting and running the begining on 2004 and now I have lost 15lbs since then. I am trying to bulk back up a litle too since I am really really weak now.

Just a quick update.

biggimp
02-26-2004, 05:59 PM
nice to hear back from you, congrats on losing the weight, good luck on regaining it.