PDA

View Full Version : Gaining too fast on a bulk?

Beast
08-05-2003, 04:37 PM
I started my bulk last week just to experiment. I've never had the desire to bulk before because I didn't want to get fat. However, after a year of staying at the same weight (but getting stronger for some reason), I thought I needed to bulk.
So anyways, I weighted myself in last week at 183 lb. in the afternoon. Yesterday I weighted myself and I was 188 in the morning, and today I was 190 in the afternoon. I thought ~5 lb in a week is a little much, but I don't THINK I got fatter. Thoughts?

bradley
08-05-2003, 04:55 PM
I would imagine it is water/glycogen weight due to the increased food intake. Unless you are packing down some serious calories I doubt you gained 5lbs. of LBM/fat in one week.:)

Give it one more week, and I am sure the weight gain will "plane off" so to speak. This is assuming of course that you did not increase cals dramatically from the get go.

Beast
08-05-2003, 05:00 PM
Thanks for the quick response, brad.

True, I guess I was just getting a little anxious. :) I'm sure the poundage gains will decrease significantly by week 4. And I didn't increase my calories by THAT much. At least I don't think so, hehe.

LAM
08-05-2003, 05:06 PM
make sure to weigh yourself the same time of the day.

morning is the best time

Beast
08-05-2003, 05:11 PM
By the way, here's my diet in case anyone is wondering. I think it's solid... If anyone wants to count the calories, go for it. :)

800am: 2 whole egg, 6 egg white omelet
1 cup oatmeal with syrup
1 banana

1030am: 2 chicken breasts
3 slices wheat bread
1 pineapple cup

100pm: 1 can tuna
1 potato

300pm: 1.5 cups flax cereal
1/4 cup raisins

Post workout: Pro Complex 55g protein mix with skim milk

600pm: 2 salmon fillets
Fresh Vegetables
1 cup Brown Rice

830pm: 1 cup oatmeal with syrup

Dinner varies, but I gave what I'm having tonight. Diet is about 25:65:10 protein:carbs:fat. It's adapted from a diet that Lee Haney used.