PDA

View Full Version : Should i drink protien shake for breakfast??? (Newbie to WBB)

Rugbyduder
08-05-2003, 05:35 PM
Hi fellow iron pumpers, I m training to lose weight, ill give u my bio, im 6'1 230lbs, I need to lose at least 20 pounds and add on 10lbs of muscles for rugby, and my strength training is good and cardio is awesome, but its my eating habits that is preventing me from being successful, so my question is it an good idea to drink protien shakes for breakfasts will it help to lose weight etc, thanks for the replies

Jasonl
08-05-2003, 05:48 PM
post up the 'ole diet

Ironman8
08-05-2003, 05:56 PM
Well, if you add simple sugars (dextrose or maltodextrin, etc.), it would be ideal to save that shake for post-workout. That's when you body is more open to carbs.

Rugbyduder
08-05-2003, 06:05 PM
My goal diet plan:
eat less carbs, junk food, Sugar.
Eat more chicken and fish than red meats
subsuite white bread and rice for Whole grain breads, brown rices and grain pasta.
Drink lots of water
Eat more fruits and vegetables

Fenway
08-05-2003, 08:14 PM
dude, post your diet. we are similar in size and weight, i am a bit smaller than you now due to diet changes.....

its easier to see what you eat in a given day and to give pointers.

you need to figure out your calories for the day, and subtract 500 or so, and you need to start eating small meals 5-8 times a day, 6 seems to be the average most are using.

eat healthy, eat smart, eat often and eat small meals.

Get on the old cadio bandwagon and start pumping those lungs, and if your really smart, you can add some weights to that as well.

Save your shakes for pre/post workouts as often as possible....try to eat regular food for your meals as much as possible.

aim for around 1gram of protein for your body weight, try to keep your fats around 25% of your total calories and make sure your fats are healthy when possible.

some supplements you might be interested are fish oil, or flax oil... and some whey/carb drink powders.....

but really, most important to helping you with diet is to post what you eat and when you eat it...

and looking for nutritional info or to count your calories etc....check out www.fitday.com

hope this helps

Berserker
08-05-2003, 09:07 PM
A good start might be to jsut clean up your diet. see how that goes. If you training for rugby don't want to do zero carb.
I would have something else with the shake. I have shakes cause there quick. But I'll either mix other stuff in with them or have a bagel or something.