PDA

View Full Version : Anabolic Diet by DiPasquale

NormalDude
08-05-2003, 07:25 PM
Has anyone tried this? Is it worth buying it? Does anyone know where on the net it can be found free?

bradley
08-06-2003, 02:47 AM
The Anabolic Diet is basically a cyclical ketogenic diet (CKD), except the calories are at a higher level since the goal of the diet is to increase LBM. Monday-Friday you would follow a ketogenic diet (<30g carbs per day), and then on Saturday and Sunday you would perfrom a carb load.

A ketogenic diet would not be the best approach to adding LBM, because of the overall catabolic state that your body is in when in ketosis. The reason I say catabolic is because of the low levels of insulin and high levels of glucagon, etc.

Holto
08-06-2003, 10:35 AM
there you have it

sounds ass-backwards and carbphobic to me

NormalDude
08-06-2003, 11:36 AM
Well I am trying to drop alot of BF before I bulk. So I need to do something. I thought CKD would be ok. I also heard that if you do CKD too long your muscles get flat. Any ideas? And on that carb loading can I carb load anyway I want?

bradley
08-06-2003, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by NormalDude
Well I am trying to drop alot of BF before I bulk. So I need to do something. I thought CKD would be ok. I also heard that if you do CKD too long your muscles get flat. Any ideas? And on that carb loading can I carb load anyway I want?

The CKD and Anabolic diet are pretty much the same thing, but you will use different calorie levels because one diet is focused on increasing LBM while the other is focused on decreasing bf.

You will probably notice that you muscles will become flat due to the depletion of muscle glycogen, but this does not necessarily mean that you are losing muscle.

As far as carb loading you basically just make sure you take in adequate amounts of carbs while keeping protein and fat intake low. While during the carb load it would be fine to maybe have a few cheat foods, but a well planned carb load is just as important as the ketogenic dieting during the week. The links below should help with the specifics of the carb load.

http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=45
http://www.thinkmuscle.com/articles/mcdonald/carb-up-and-ketogenic-diet.htm