PDA

View Full Version : JD77's workout log #2

JD77
08-05-2003, 08:12 PM
Ok. I guess I should start a new journal now. I got sick last March and let my old one fall by the wayside. So, I'll give it another shot.

I won't be posting much diet info here, because I'm too lazy to count calories. I know I should, but I don't. I'll just try to eat as lean as I can.

I'll post my split in a while. Off to do my leg training.

JD77
08-05-2003, 09:43 PM
Ok. I'm just doing a standard push/pull split.

Day 1: Legs
Day 2: Off
Day 3: Back/Biceps
Day 4: Off
Day 5: Chest/Tris/Shoulders
*Abs every workout day

I'm still trying to bulk, so I'm not doing any cardio. Legs are my biggest weakpoint right now, so I need to start making some progress. My former training partner has been in Iraq for the last five months and my workouts have suffered because of it. I just haven't felt comfortable doing squats by myself, so I haven't done them much since his Guard unit got activated. However, I decided to stop being a puss and resumed them tonight.

Here's how the workout went:

Leg Extensions:
90X15
125X15
160X10
185X10 New PR (I can't get any more weight on my leg attachment unless I get some more 45's)

Leg Curls:
45X15
70X6
70X5 (pulled my hamstring a bit)
55X7

Squats: (Ordinarily I'd have done these first but wanted the PR on the extensions)
135X8
185X8
185X8

Yeah, I'm weak. I know.

I got weighed at the Doctor's office today at 191 with jeans, a t-shirt and shoes on. I'm 5-10....5-11-ish. I'll give some measurements in this post so I can track my progress.

Neck-16"
Chest - 46.5"
Shoulders - 51"
Arms - 16"
Waist - 32"
Thighs - 24"
Calves - 15.5"

bleh

PowerManDL
08-05-2003, 11:24 PM
:spam:

JD77
08-06-2003, 12:30 PM
I'm not feeling as sore today as I usually do. I hope this trend continues.

JD77
08-07-2003, 02:00 PM
Well, I work 4p.m. to midnight tonight, so I'll have to do my workout in the wee hours of the morning.

:strong:

JD77
08-10-2003, 05:53 PM
Okay, I did my chest/tris/shoulder workout today. It went okay, but I didn't feel very strong on bench press. Here's what I did:

Bench Press
Seated Military Press
Skull Crushers
DB Flys
Seated Arnold Presses

Tomorrow I leave to go out of town for a week for training for my job:rolleyes: Luckily the facility I'll be training at has a modest weight room, so I'll be able to keep up with my workouts. I'm just not looking forward to cafeteria food for a whole week.

JD77
08-15-2003, 05:31 PM
Alright, I'm back from my training now. It's good to be home. Long stays out of town get old fast. I did good keeping up with my workouts. Actually, I did better than I do here, because I was forced to complete them much faster, so they were much more intense. I'll get this back up to speed tomorrow.

JD77
08-17-2003, 07:15 PM
Allright. I made a new CD to listen to while I lift tonight. All we have for radio stations where I live is classic country and light pop so hopefully a lot of heavy rap will help me get psyched up more.:cool:

JD77
08-17-2003, 08:34 PM
Well, the music seemed to get me in the right mood for lifting. My workout went pretty well. Nothing really special except I finally started to show some improvement on DB flys. I haven't done them very much because they always felt awkward (or vice-versa), but today I improved to 8 reps of 40lbers for two sets. I felt like I might be able to go up to 45's or 50's next week.

Here's what I did:

BB bench press
Seated Military Press
DB Flys
Skull Crushers (w/ close grip bench immediately after the set)
Seated DB Presses

JD77
08-18-2003, 05:52 PM
Work sucked. It was 103 degrees with midwest humidity. The bright side is I ate good and spread my meals out nicely. I hope the sun implodes.

Leg workout to follow shortly.

P.S.- It pisses me off that I look ok in the mirror, but every time I take a digital picture I look like a 14 year old. :mad:

JD77
08-18-2003, 08:57 PM
Man, I can't buy any spam in here. Anyways, here's how my workout went:

Squats (hit a new PR. +20lbs)
Leg Extensions
Leg Curls

It's supposed to be 104 degrees tomorrow. I'm probably going to park my car in the shade and turn the AC up all the way for as long as I can. I wish. I already know it'll be too busy for that crap. Oh well, at least I'll lose some water weight.

JD77
08-19-2003, 08:02 PM
Well, today didn't turn out ot be as hot as predicted. Luckily a large bit of cloud cover hovered around here today, so the upper 90's was about as hot as it got.

Today's an off day. Anyone else feel lazy on off days? I'm anxious for back day tomorrow. Hopefully I can make some gains.

bleh.

PowerManDL
08-19-2003, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by PowerManDL

JD77
08-19-2003, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by PowerManDL

Much better!;)

JD77
08-20-2003, 09:16 PM
My Back/Biceps workout went pretty well tonight. I had quit doing deadlifts last March when my training partner left because I was too damn lazy to set the bar up by myself. Tonight I started them again and was able to pick up right where I left off. I worked up until I matched my old PR. Here's what I did:

Deadlifts ( 1warmup set and 4 working sets)
BB Rows
Heavy Upright Rows (wide grip for my traps)
Incline DB curls (1 set)
DB Preacher Curls (2 sets)
EZ Bar Curls (2 sets)

I know that's a lot of sets for biceps but I wanted to do something different tonight. I used heavy weight in the 4-6 rep range on every other set to try and shock some growth. 16 inch arms are getting old.

JD77
08-21-2003, 08:04 PM
Today's an off-day. I need to get better sleep tonight. I've only been getting 5 or 6 hours of sleep the last few nights. I'm a baseball fanatic, so I keep staying up watching the last few innings.

Nothing exciting happened today. It was hot as hell. We haven't had a drop of rain in like two months.

Tomorrow's chest/tris/shoulders day.

:strong:

JD77
08-23-2003, 08:23 PM
Well, I needed a beer tonight (actually three) so I decided to take a night off. I'll be back at me workout schedule tomorrow as I don't have to work on Monday. I've worked like eight or nine days straight it seems. I needed a night to relax.

It was pretty damned hot today but not as bad as it has been. Still no rain. All my grass is dead and there are cracks in my yard about an inch wide.

My diet was much better today than yesterday. I just wasn't able to get much done yesterday with work and all.

I'll be back to post my workout tomorrow.

JD77
08-24-2003, 09:13 PM
I did my chest/shoulders/triceps workout tonight.

BB Bench Press (Not making ANY progress here at all)
Seated Military Press (Progressing nicely)
DB Flys (Progressing nicely)
Skull Crushers supersetted with CG BP (Progressing nicely)
Seated DB Shoulder Presses (Progressing nicely)

It was hotter than hell today. Next week my wife and I move into our new house, across the state near our hometowns. We're pretty excited about it. I hate moving though. Due to a rental situation beyond our control we just had to move two months ago while waiting for our new house to be ready. It's going to be nice to own my own place for once.

JD

Shane
08-24-2003, 09:38 PM
:spam: :spam: :spam: :spam:

The Four Spammen.

I would of spammed sooner but didn't realize you started a journal JD. How come you don't post your weights or your diet? Can't be any crappier than mine. :D

JD77
08-24-2003, 11:13 PM
SHANE- My lifts are indeed pretty crappy but mainly I'm just lazy. I have all these good intentions then I start working out and don't keep track of the weight I use. I'll try and make myself do it next time.

I don't post my diet because I don't track calories or plan out any specific meals. You guys would flame the hell out of me if you saw what I ate. I just try to eat the best I can.

Thanks for the Spam man.

JD77
08-25-2003, 10:49 PM
Today was leg day. My diet wasn't too great today. Not bad food really but just not much food altogether. My workout went really well. I've only done squats maybe a dozen times ever and tonight I felt a lot stronger than normal. My old PR was last week when I did 205 X 4.

SQUATS
105 X 12 (warm up)
215 X 8
215 X 8
225 X 8 (New PR, +20lbs and 4 reps)

I felt like I could have gotten some reps out of 250 even at the end of my workout but I'm kind of timid since I have no spotter nor a cage, just an angled rack. Next week I'll be moving into my new house in the city and will have an opportunity to join a gym.
Then I can start to really push myself.

LEG EXTENSIONS
90 X 12 (warm up)
185 X 10 (These felt really sloppy. I was pretty tired.)
160 X 8
160 X 8

I can't get any more weight on these with my current setup. Another reason to look forward to a gym membership.

LEG CURLS
45 x 10
55 x 10
60 x 10

My hamstrings are horribly weak. Nowhere to go but up from here.

I got 9 hours of sleep last night which seemed to help my attitude. I've been operating without much lately. The wife and I went and saw S.W.A.T. tonight. It was a pretty good movie. Poor police tactics but what can you expect from Collin Ferrel?

JD77
08-26-2003, 10:10 AM
Today's an off day. I'm pretty sore. I'll try and iron out my diet issues today. I got 7 hours of sleep last night and I'm debating whether or not I should take a nap before work.:cool:

Shane
08-26-2003, 09:34 PM
You ever worry about having sore legs and having to chase some perp down? That would suck.

JD77
08-26-2003, 11:54 PM
Yeah it's happened. With adrenaline going you don't feel it too much.....until you stop running.

JD77
09-05-2003, 05:02 PM
Edit: :strong:

JD77
12-08-2003, 04:15 PM
My diet has been pretty clean so far....although it's been too light.
So far I've had a large bowl of oatmeal and some toast for breakfast. After my workout I had a protein shake and then some tuna on wheat crackers a couple hours later.

My workout was okay. Nothing special. I had only lifted sporadically in the past 3 months. Moving just made me have too many other things to do and I've had no luck finding an adequate place in my new house to accomodate my weight equipment properly, except the garage which my wife seems to think is for parking cars in.

JD77
12-13-2003, 06:49 AM
Well, I've been keeping up with my workouts. Today was leg day. I did some squats, extensions and curls. I've been adding some relatively high-intensity plyometrics in for cardio the past few days. I tend to get bored running on a treadmill, but jumping rope and vertical jumps are keeping me entertained somewhat for the moment.
My diet has been great. No junkfood or soda or anything for quite a few days.

I've been a bit upset that the forums have been down for the last day or two. I would have tracked my lifts in here better, but I'm not going to write it all down twice. Hopefully it will remain functional for a while now. The other fitness sites just suck compared to this one.