PDA

View Full Version : I can't get any leaner than this...

JustinASU
08-06-2003, 09:39 AM
Hey guys...here is currently how lean I am... I cant figure out how to get any leaner than this...can you guys estimate bodyfat and give advice on getting out of the stagnant hole I'm in?

Here is a close up chest

JustinASU
08-06-2003, 09:39 AM
Here is a farther away chest...this pic shows the inadequecies of my arms. (they're tiny and lagging).

JustinASU
08-06-2003, 09:40 AM
Here is my arm..make my arm look better than it is though...

JustinASU
08-06-2003, 09:41 AM
Here is the first pic ever my my wheels...they're doin ok I suppose.

JustinASU
08-06-2003, 09:42 AM
By the way I wanted to say this was all done on a webcam and so there is absolutely no contrast showing any definition so I'ts gonna make me look flatter and less defined. Kinda sucks but I know you guys will judge based on the bad quality too... :(

NigriV
08-06-2003, 09:50 AM
If you are concerned with being misjudged, then purchase a better webcam

JustinASU
08-06-2003, 11:29 AM
Honestly I didnt need a response like that. I'm not exactly financially sound as a college student, that I can go spending money on extras like cameras. Please keep to the thread topic.

Big o Boy
08-06-2003, 08:12 PM
not too shabby there. Especially on the legs. They look to be a strong-point, look really strong. Your right about your arms needing work, just keep pounding away at them. Mine are prolly no bigger. chest doesn't look too bad... keep up the good work! :thumbup:

SoulOfKoRea
08-06-2003, 09:07 PM
have you tried HIIT along with dieting? or a ketogenic diet? there are many possibilities out there, don't be so discouraged of your results right now :D.

JD77
08-06-2003, 09:08 PM
Quads look pretty big, but you're right about your arms. You may just have to change up your workouts or diet a bit if your at a plateau.

bigkevin20
08-06-2003, 10:10 PM
Your face is not coverd in the one pic. You might want to change that, quads look big.

mikey4402
08-06-2003, 10:40 PM
your quads look big, and your arms could use some work, chest looks good. use some hiit like soul said. all around you look strong keep up hte good work

fuzz
08-06-2003, 10:42 PM
how bout the abs? thats kinda key .

JustinASU
08-07-2003, 05:13 AM
thanks for all the feedback thus far, these are the first pics that show my arms for what they really are, other pics made them look better because of the angle of the shots. I have always had lagging arms but since I used to have something like 11-12" arms and now they're somewhere in the 15" range I wouls assume I have gotten somewhere, I just cant make them grow anymore which makes it worse when I'm on a cut. They def. wont grow on a cut. I figured I'd get good comments about my quads as they ballooned up with little effort from me and I can squat over 400 and deadlift close to 500 but when it comes to upper body, it's proportionately MUCH weaker.

SoK - I was thinking about a Ketogenic diet but I heard it works better for those in the really high bf range. If someone thinks it will work well for me let me know then.

fuzz - what about abs being key now?

Oh and buy the way if anyone knows how to get my arms to balloon the same way my legs did then please DO tell. It's hard for a skinny guy with bad irish genes to do this...

WillKuenzel
08-07-2003, 08:25 AM
You are being way to hard on yourself. I'm going to come up there sometime soon and beat the crap out of you! :p

Your quads are looking huge that's for sure.

IMO, you've been trying to cut for too long. I think you've reached a point where its time to do a slow clean bulk. You're not fat by any means. If you keep trying to cut, especially sense you have been for so long, you're just going to keep losing LBM.

My advice for arms... don't train them for about 3 weeks once you start bulking. Let your chest and back days take care of it for a while then add in an arm day specifically. Alternate weeks where on arm day you do all bi exercises first and tris last, then vice versa. Then do a week where you superset bi and tri exercises. Then do tri-sets of arm exercises. For roughly 6 weeks, alternate which is first and such. Then give them 2 weeks break. You'll start to see some results.

And start bulking. You're well over due for it and your body has had enough. Start eating maintenance for a 2 weeks then slightly increase your calories. If you're worried about adding body fat then just watch the calories closer or add in a HIIT session here and there.

I know its tough to like your own body. Its especially tough when cutting. Hell, I hate mine now but its always a work in progress and just know that you always look better today than you did yesterday. That's what its all about. If I don't meet up with before the end of September, we'll definitely meet up when I'm up there for my show. If you aren't a happier person by then I will kick your ass! :p

kinetixtrainer
08-07-2003, 10:34 AM
Looking good man.

You are being too hard on yourself. Looks like you could stand to hit the triceps and upper chest some more. That will make the arms and chest appear more full.

Keep at it. You will see the results yoiu want.

ericg
08-07-2003, 10:51 AM
Looking good bro. I think HY has some sound advice. Give it a shot and see what happens. Your quads look awesome.

Silverback
08-07-2003, 11:37 AM
Like eric said great advice Will, i think ive picked up quite a bit from that info!! :)

Good luck justin and dont give up, hypertrophy takes time and careful planning.

B-R

JustinASU
08-16-2003, 06:13 PM
Thanks all for the advice and comments. Especially you Will, you always make me feel better about things.

I am at a crossroads. I want to do another 1-tnt, or 1-test cycle. I started "bulking" meaning I was eating a little over maintenence for the last couple weeks but it seem like I'm just laying my fat back on so I'm kinda worried to continue bulking. I have a few questions for you guys.

First thing's first: Do you guys think I should go for another PH cycle? It's a bit pricey, but I think I could pull it off and btw, I dont trust 6-oxo in the least so I'm going for the real anti e's this time if I do a cycle.

Second question: If I do a PH or even if I don't should I bulk or cut? I hate the fat I have but I feel like a continued cut with cause me to start to look like the dreaded adjective: skinny!!!

Here's some more pics for your viewing pleasure. BTW I still can barely see some ab shape under my little lump o' fat on my stomach.

PLEASE lemme know what you think, I need to decide this in the next week before I get fat again. :p

JustinASU
close up of torso

JustinASU
side chest

JustinASU
08-16-2003, 06:14 PM
whimpy arm

JustinASU
08-16-2003, 06:14 PM
Just for sh!ts and giggles....my kitty and me in a flattering camera angle...

Lesnar_Rocks
08-17-2003, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by ericg
Looking good bro. I think HY has some sound advice. Give it a shot and see what happens. Your quads look awesome.

:withstupi:

JustinASU
08-17-2003, 05:49 PM
Mods????? It's been 24 hours....

JustinASU
08-18-2003, 02:16 PM
well 48 hrs is kinda rediculous. The pics are useless anyways since I've dropped more fat. Thanks all the same.

WillKuenzel
08-18-2003, 02:26 PM
Dude, its okay. :p They've been having quite a bit of problems with the approval page so just hold yar taters for a bit. :)

IMO, if you do a PH cycle bulk. Bulk good but try to keep it mostly clean. If you don't do a PH cycle, bulk. So either way... bulk. ;) I think its time for you to do so. If you do another PH cycle, wait until several weeks after the cycle and post recovery is completed to before you decide to cut if you want to at that stage. Definitely spend some time doing just a nice healthy clean bulk but don't worry so much about cheating. I think you'll be alot happier.

chris mason
08-18-2003, 03:55 PM
The picture approval page, as mentioned, is having problems.

I would estimate your bodyfat at around 17-18%. In order to continue to lose fat I would suggest that you adopt a low carb diet (low, not zero) with high protein and medium fat intake. You need to estimate what caloric intake (if you don't already know) you are currently taking in. Next, drop 200 cals per day and wait a week to see if you being to lose fat again. Strive to drop fat at a rate of 1-2 lbs per week. As you being to stagnate drop another 200 cals and so on. Obviously as your calories drop you want to be sure to only eat nutritous/healthy foods so that you ingest sufficient nutrients. Avoid all junk foods which do not offer proper nutrition.

vocalmaster
08-18-2003, 09:21 PM
Justin, I know I'm chiming in late here but I just wanted to say that Home Yield is right on the money with his advice. Do a slow bulk and for crying out loud, you have nothing to fret about! You've got some good stuff going on there. You're legs are huge and your chest is another great point among others. Just keep on keepin' on! You're doing awesome dude!

I remember my early bodybuilding days. Things just couldn't seem to develop fast enough. We all go through that.

BigNic
01-27-2004, 06:16 PM
hey man you look awesome id say. I was just wondering how tall you are. Didnt you weigh 145 lbs just like 4 years ago. If so thats awesome man. Im cutting to 145 right now for wrestling but in another month when the season is over im planning on bulking to 175 hopefully by august or so. Could you let me know about your diet when you gained so much weight. Thanks man

JustinASU
01-27-2004, 06:44 PM
lol that was 5 months ago and looking back I HAVE thickened up and I'm leaner somewhat. but thanks for the compliments. Check out my journal for more recent pics. on just check out my profile by clicking on my name here.

My diet? I just ate 3-5k cals for a couple years without stopping making sure I always got TONS of protein.

BigNic
01-27-2004, 06:52 PM
ok thanks man

JustinASU
01-27-2004, 08:20 PM
no prob if you send me a PM or post in teh journal I can help you out with more detail.

viper311
01-27-2004, 10:53 PM
Try Lipoderm-Ultra with some cardio. Can't beat the price right now at bulknutrition.com, till the end of the month its 2 for $34.99.

And btw, looking really good. :)

antek
01-28-2004, 11:52 AM
Mods????? It's been 24 hours....

do a lot of cardio.. 3, 4 times a week.. eat a clean diet and do high reps.
p.S: check it out http://www.johnstonefitness.com

Relentless
01-28-2004, 12:01 PM
First thing's first: Do you guys think I should go for another PH cycle? It's a bit pricey, but I think I could pull it off and btw, I dont trust 6-oxo in the least so I'm going for the real anti e's this time if I do a cycle.

Second question: If I do a PH or even if I don't should I bulk or cut? I hate the fat I have but I feel like a continued cut with cause me to start to look like the dreaded adjective: skinny!!!

I would do as Will suggests and bulk for a while... eat clean but eat more, and focus on getting your muscles bigger and fuller again. Even if you don't lose any more fat, putting more muscle back on you will make things LOOK better. It's winter now so who cares about lean, right? Bulk up a bit and then start a solid cut in March-April and you'll be all set for summer.

I wouldn't bother with the PHs. Not worth it; you could take the money you'd save by not getting the PHs and invest it in a better digital camera. ;)