PDA

View Full Version : A Journal with Attituud

BadAttituud
08-06-2003, 01:39 PM
Ok, so I didn't wait... Impulsiveness strikes again.. I spoke with my sis and she is going to see if I can start with her now or if I have to wait.

Let me give a little background and maybe ya'll can give me some advice on where to start.

I'm 36 years old (Female).. 5'4" and finally down to 160 (what a battle it's been too).. I am on antidepressants so it makes it very difficult to lose any weight, besides, I come from short fat Italian people, so genetics aren't really on my side either.

I should be able to devote 5-6 days a week to working out, however I am fairly clueless... Before I always had a very physical lifestyle to keep me in shape.

So..... any advice on a starting point would be wonderful.. I'll try to be as good as my dear little sis about keeping posted on my progress.

(She doesn't know I'm here yet...):angel:

pruneman
08-06-2003, 02:19 PM
allow me to be the first to offer some :spam:

Welcome to the boards!
Well, for starters, how about posting the diet and workout plan...you'll get plenty of helpful advice on the board!

Fenway
08-06-2003, 02:20 PM
WELCOME AND GOOD LUCK....!!!!

EdgarMex
08-06-2003, 02:23 PM
good luck with your goals, you came to the right place :D

BadAttituud
08-06-2003, 02:23 PM
See that's the thing, Pruneman, I don't have a diet or workout plan yet.. I am eating healthier overall, cut out white flour for the most part out of my diet, no convenience foods. I do 98% of my dieting in the grocery store so I have no temptation at home.. I don't eat at fast food places, so I eat little to no grease.. As far as workout plans go... well, there I have to admit total ignorance.. I was hoping someone could give me a good starting off place.

pruneman
08-06-2003, 06:21 PM
Well, I don't know exactly what your goals are, but here's a list of staples on my grocery list: quick oats, tuna, boneless skinless chicken breasts, skim milk (actually i'm using 1% now because i need more calories :D), yams, broccoli, franks red hot hotsauce, lowfat or nonfat cottage cheese, tomatos, plums, apples, oranges, shredded wheat, eggs, egg whites/egg substitute, natural peanut butter, salmon steaks, whole wheat bread, all kinds of green veggies, nonfat yogurt, brown rice.
Well, i guess thats pretty much everything...not just the staples. Here's a few of my dietary strategies: 1. Eat 5 or 6 meals a day
2. three most important times to eat are first thing in the AM; IMMEDIATELY after a workout; before bed
3. take in simple carbs and some protein directly after a workout (about a 4:1 ratio of carbs to protein is best) a protein shake with 60g of dextrose and a scoop of whey is what I use PWO.
4. Eat protein before bed to prevent catabolism...I find that cottage cheese works best for this meal because it contains casein protein which is digested slowly (over about 8 hrs)...I also usually take my co-cheese with some sort of fat to slow digestion further (natty PB)
5. Count calories
6. Eat 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight

I use www.fitday.com to track my daily caloric intake

About your workout routine...What are your goals?
Some very general advice i can offer is: don't do cardio and weights in the same session (do them on separate days or at least have a meal between the two); don't train the same body part two days in a row; try not to spend much more than an hr in the gym at any given time...can't think of much else off the top of my head.
You may want to check out some of the journals on this site for tips.
nice having you around the boards!
-Prune

midee1
08-06-2003, 06:25 PM
:withstupi

What Pman said is about right on. Only I would ask what are you goals? lose weight, gains muscle mass or gain aerobic health. My wife is in the same boat down from 185 to about 170. 34 yo female. She works out with me and is making great progress.

:spam:

Welcome to journal land.

SoulOfKoRea
08-06-2003, 06:53 PM
ahh... good ol' :spam:.

good luck with the weight loss, and welcome to our boards, at this point, you can either choose the red pill or the blue pill, the red one will take you back to a time where you were fat and depressed, the blue one will lead you to a better, healthier lifestyle, which one shall you choose? (sorry, that was my lame rendition of the Matrix sequence ;) )

BadAttituud
08-07-2003, 05:41 AM
Hey Prune, your staple list sounds very similar to mine so far.. I I want to use up the white rice I have before stocking up on brown rice. also, I should probably buy and eat more fruits.. oh yeah and I've gone from whole milk to 2% (believe me that was a sacrifice, I LOVE my milk)

My goals are to get to 130.. However, if I gain more mass and I end up weighing more,that's ok too. I'm not a dainty little person like Tankette is, so I need to ride that line between nice mass and being too bulky. I'm more about the size than the number onthe scale. Before I had my youngest son, I was 127 and a 5 in pant size. I wouldn't mind definition either.. Call it vanity, but I want to look good in a bikini dammit.

I am working graveyard, so as far as meals go, (I know you are all going to yell at me for this) I am eating when I wake up in the afternoon (yogurt or cereal and milk) and then once before I go to work (about 5 or so) and then usually nothing at work.. Once in a while I'll take some yogurt or fruit with me to work.

I found out that the gym is open 24 hours, so I would most likely go after work (we are talking 4-5am)... my problem areas are around the middle mostly. My arms aren't TOO bad, although they sure could use some work to get then looking like they are supposed to be the size they are instead of fat... My legs aren't a big issue, but if I get the rest of me in shape, they ough tto at least match.. :) My abdomen and my back are my big issues..

I hope that is what I am supposed to tell y'all.. (I TOLD y'll I was clueless)

BadAttituud
08-07-2003, 05:45 AM
(pardon the bad typing... I can't see and I have an icky keyboard) :whiner:

Coke
08-07-2003, 05:48 AM
Good luck with everything! - :)

pruneman
08-07-2003, 02:27 PM
Yo attitude: considering that weight loss is one of your major goals, I would recommend creating a caloric deficit and increasing cardio training. A routine that may work well for you as a beginner is as follows:
Day 1: Push (chest, tris)
Day 2: Cardio
Day 3: Pull (back, bis)
Day 4: cardio
Day 5: Legs
Day 6: rest/cardio
Day 7: rest/cardio

Just a very basic routine, but it is a good place to start.

BadAttituud
08-07-2003, 03:07 PM
Thanks Prune! I know I sound hopeless, but someday I'll redeem myself :nod:

Tomorrow I meet up with sis and get my membership paid and start in. :yay:

BadAttituud
08-08-2003, 06:39 PM
ok guys... I dove right in... Since I have never done freeweights in my life, I had to get a little instruction on form, etc.. so here's what I did today..

(sorry Prune, I can't get myself to eat that many meals)

Meal 1 (last night/this morning at work) - 3 bananas
Meal 2 - 2 dry fried eggs
Meal 3- boneless skinless chicken breast fillet (post workout)
(that's what I'm eating now)
Dinner planned - salad with a little fat free blue cheese dressing and probably a little spaghetti with a little Brummel & Brown parmesan on it.

I started using www.fitday.com and realized I wasn't getting nearly enough protein, so I'm going to make it a point to try to eat a little more.

Anyhow, today was her leg day, so that's where I started...

Warmup- 5 minutes on treadmill 3 mph
Squats - 95 x 10
115 x 8
135 x 4 (barely)

Leg Press - Strip Set - 240 x 6
190 x 6
140 x 6
90 x 6

Calf raises on leg press - 250 x 15 x 3

Adductors - 60 x 10
90 x 8
90 x 6

50 Crunches
20 reverse crunches x 2

Tankette
08-08-2003, 06:50 PM
Hey babe, that work out looked kinda similar to mine...hehehe.

I'm so proud of you for making that first step. Well, it's kinda hard to call it a first step considering how well you've done so far outside of the gym! You hung in there today and worked those legs until they felt like Jello. It was a beautiful sight ;) . I'll see ya tomorrow. Do some cardio on Sunday, and let's hit again on Monday (a little earlier this time).

-R

BadAttituud
08-08-2003, 07:00 PM
They are still a little iggly to tell teh truth.. :)

Thanks for the encouragement and the nstruction!

midee1
08-08-2003, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by BadAttituud

Leg Press - Strip Set - 240 x 6
190 x 6
140 x 6
90 x 6

Pretty cool strip set for a girl.:D :thumbup:

BadAttituud
08-09-2003, 04:50 PM
(I'll start quoting when I know how, Midee1)

Thanks! I thought it was a pretty good start.. I just can't wait til I get to my proper strength so I can start with some real weight (and of course, looking good too :evillaugh )

Tankette
08-10-2003, 12:48 PM
Hey chickadee, I hope your quads are feeling better...some light cardio maybe? Anyhow, tomorrow's chest and tris, so I hope you're up for it. Muahahaha... :evillaugh

Scott S
08-10-2003, 02:43 PM
Great start to a journal, BadAttituud! This forum is, without a doubt, one of the best places anywhere to get smart about lifting and body composition.

(Nice squats, too! I don't like to admit this, but you're giving me some competition, as I just hit 135 x 6 for squats myself. :eek: )

BadAttituud
08-11-2003, 02:26 PM
(Nice squats, too! I don't like to admit this, but you're giving me some competition, as I just hit 135 x 6 for squats myself. )

awwwwwwww, you say the sweetest things! Believe me, though, I'm sure feeling it. :)

Well last night I did a bad bad thing... I was sooooo tired at work, so at lunch (10pm) I ran to Taco Bell and ate a whole beef grilled stuffed burrito and a half a large Coke. that's got to be the most food Ive eaten at once in a month or more. Totally blew the 45 minutes of cardio I did yesterday.

Anyhow this is what I did today...

Bench
65x16
75 x 8
80 x 6
85 x 5

DB Incl. Press
25 x 6
20 x 10 (2a)
20 x 6(1a)

CGB
60 x 4
60 x 5
55 x 6
55 x 6!a)

Skull crushers
30 x 8 (2a)
30 x 8

Bench Dips - Body Weight x 3 (pathetic, isn't it?)

Machine Dips
80 x 10
100 x 6 (2a)

I figured that I would use light weights until I get good form and such with the weights and use the machine for strength.. Then gradually wean off the machine and increase the weights.. what do ya thing guys?

midee1
08-11-2003, 02:35 PM

I figured that I would use light weights until I get good form and such with the weights and use the machine for strength.. Then gradually wean off the machine and increase the weights.. what do ya thing guys?

:D Good job chicka. I agree form is key. If only I could get it thru my thick head:rolleyes:

Tankette
08-11-2003, 04:19 PM
Hey chick...you're pecs may be a little stronger than mine :(, but I've still got you on triceps...hehehe :evillaugh.

not for long, I'm sure... :cry:

Scott S
08-11-2003, 05:54 PM

Sounds like a good idea to me. When I first started on squats, I did the motion without a bar, feeling the balance between the balls and heels of my feet and got my form down before even doing real squats.

BadAttituud
08-12-2003, 11:28 AM
Babydoll, you KNOW that I am destined to outdo ya eventually... It's just genetics.. ;)

I did light cardio on the eliptical machine on the way home from work this morning (5 am), more to get myself in the habit than anything.. Unfortunately, I just had to call and cancel with sis up there for glute day, in the interest of sleep. (as soon as the dog comes back in, I'm hitting the sack for another couple of hours) I've done something to my foot, making the treadmill incredibly difficult and painful, but the eliptical machine was perfect.

Tankette
08-12-2003, 11:44 PM
I know, I know...this might be the point that we mention that we are half sisters. I remember how strong you were a few years back, and I have no doubt that you will surpass me in no time. That is why I plan to gloat as much as possible now!!! :evillaugh.

glute day...hehehe. GROW, DAMN YOU!

The eliptical machine rules IMO. Before I joined the gym, I was using the epliptical for almost all of my cardio. Once I joined, I was still able to jump onto a treadmill and run 5 mi. no problem. It's awesome that you had the energy to do cardio after work! Keep it up, girlie :D.

BadAttituud
08-13-2003, 04:41 AM
yeah yeah we can't forget the half hehe Just remember, the difference that makes me stronger is also the difference that makes you slimmer.. I'd gladly trade...

(and for what it's worth, you have cute glutes.. :moon: )

Tankette
08-13-2003, 07:44 AM
(and for what it's worth, you have cute glutes.. :moon: )

aw, you do love me :D...

BadAttituud
08-13-2003, 11:49 AM
I have to, it's the law. ;)

BadAttituud
08-14-2003, 04:56 PM
left my little book in the car so I will have to post my WO later... Did a little ab work yesterday, and 30 minutes on eliptical machine..

Finally got decent sleep last night.. 11 whole hours!:clap: :hump: :clap:

BadAttituud
08-15-2003, 12:07 PM
ok, getting this in before I go back to the gym today...

Yesterday:

Lat Pulldown
100 x 10 x 3

TBar Rows (cable machine? the one Tankette used)
60 x 10, 75 x 10, 90 x 10

Bent over DB row
30 x 10 x 2

Military Press (I've never been good at these)
50 x 6 (2A), 45 x 8 (2A)

DB shoulder press
15 x 10, 20 x 8(2A)

Lateral raise
5 x 7 - 8 x 7 - 10 x 7 - 8 x 7 - 5 x 7
5 x 7 - 8 x 7 - 10 x 3 - 8 x 7 - 5 x 7

post delt raises on butterfly cable machine
25 x 10, 30 x 10, 30 x 10

I did a few preacher curls, but they were so pathetic that I didn't even count them.

BadAttituud
08-15-2003, 03:49 PM
Hey, getting WO posted timely!

A bit stressed today, so I took it out on my legs today.. That and I'm sitting at a standstill weight wise. (argh)

so.. Anyhow here goes...

Squat - 95 x 10, 115 x 8, 135 x 8, 185 x 6
Leg Press Strip set - (290/240/190/140/90) x 6
Leg Extension - 45 x 10, 55 x 8, 65 x 6
SLDL - 95 x 8 (mostly to learn form.. needs work)
Leg Curls - 45 x 10, 65 x 8, 75 x 6
Adductors - 70 x 10, 80 x 10
Calf raises on leg press - 275x15x2, 275 x 13

My legs feel MUCH better than they did after last week's workout.. This pleases me greatly. Taking tomorrow off, maybe do a little swimming, then taking kids to baseball game.. Sunday start over with cardio only woo hoo :hump:

Alex.V
08-16-2003, 01:41 PM

Squat - 95 x 10, 115 x 8, 135 x 8, 185 x 6

:eek:

Very nice.

Like the routine, too.

BadAttituud
08-16-2003, 04:10 PM
Very nice.

Awwwww thanks!:p

Like the routine, too.

Thanks to Tankette for that one! She's been showing me the whats and how-tos etc.. (She may SEEM nice, but she's a slave driver!:whip:..) If I could just get a day's worth of ab routine together.... :angel:

midee1
08-16-2003, 04:22 PM

(She may SEEM nice, but she's a slave driver!:whip:..)

That's not a bad thing is it:rolleyes:

That's why I call my wife Mistress Dee.:D

BadAttituud
08-16-2003, 04:53 PM
That's not a bad thing is it :rolleyes:

That's why I call my wife Mistress Dee. :D

Not a bad thing at all :nod:
As for Mistress Dee.... I don't think I'll go there.. :angel:

midee1
08-16-2003, 05:15 PM

As for Mistress Dee.... I don't think I'll go there.. :angel:

Don't even go there young ladytuttut :D

They call her that where she works cause she's a dominating person.

BadAttituud
08-16-2003, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by midee1

Don't even go there young ladytuttut :D

They call her that where she works cause she's a dominating person.

Awwwwwww you called me young! I think I love you. ;)

midee1
08-17-2003, 04:58 AM

Awwwwwww you called me young! I think I love you. ;)

OH MY GOD. Finally someone out there really loves me.:D

Let's see if we can make Mistress Dee jealous.:evillaugh

Just Kiddin. Your only as old as you feel. I just think that no matter your age it's great that you are trying to better yourself.

BTW I'm 34 with 3 kids ages 15,8 and 6. And trying to adopt a 5 yo. so beat that young lady :angel:

BadAttituud
08-17-2003, 08:11 AM

OH MY GOD. Finally someone out there really loves me.:D

Let's see if we can make Mistress Dee jealous.:evillaugh

Just Kiddin. Your only as old as you feel. I just think that no matter your age it's great that you are trying to better yourself.

BTW I'm 34 with 3 kids ages 15,8 and 6. And trying to adopt a 5 yo. so beat that young lady :angel:

I know what you mean on being as old as you feel.. Some days I'm still 18.

you got me beat on the kid thing... I have 2 boys, 10 and almost 4 I see on the weekends and my roommate is 17 with issues.. SHE is going to be the death of me, but she's more like a daughter to me than a roommate.

BadAttituud
08-17-2003, 08:37 AM
Well, yesterday was my off day, but oh boy, I was a bad bad woman. :(

I forgot to eat, then I ate crap.. Ah well, cardio today and back to the good stuff.

JustinF
08-19-2003, 04:22 AM
We all have those days, not to worry. It keep us sane! :D

JustinF
08-19-2003, 04:22 AM
Oh yeah, :spam:

BadAttituud
08-19-2003, 04:33 AM
Originally posted by JustinF
We all have those days, not to worry. It keep us sane! :D

OMG, I have to be SANE too???:omg:

I know it's a bit late in the evening, y'all but I just got home from work. I didn't have time to post before leaving this afternoon. I am not quite sure what I did to my left shoulder before today, but it started to hurt so I didn't do as much today as I would have liked. Also, I was working on something like 4-5 hours of sleep (that's after work AND a nap) Needless to say, I had to FORCE myself to go to the gym.

So... Here we go...

Light abs (very light)
Bench - 65x10, 75x8 (2a), 85x4 (1a), 85x8 (2a)
DB Incline press - 20x10 (2a), 25x8x2 (2a/ea)
Clost grip bench - 60x5x2 (This is when I started hurting so I stopped there)
Skull crusher - 30x8 (1a), 35x6 (3a) (pain was making form next to impossible to keep right)
Bench Dip - BWx3 (then I decided not to try to work through the pain, BTDT :)

JustinF
08-20-2003, 02:51 AM
But you did get to the gym and that's what matters. That's what makes the difference between you and the other 80% of gym goers. Nice job!

BadAttituud
08-20-2003, 03:50 AM
But you did get to the gym and that's what matters. That's what makes the difference between you and the other 80% of gym goers. Nice job!

Thanks! Now that you said that I wasn't able to make it there today.. (what's glute day have against me anyhow?).. I got off work at a reasonable time tonight (3:15am) so I should get decent sleep.

I am going to do some looking around to see what will work best for me for an ab routine.. (I so hate doing abs and my tummy shows it :cry: ..)

pruneman
08-20-2003, 05:43 PM
I am going to do some looking around to see what will work best for me for an ab routine.. (I so hate doing abs and my tummy shows it :cry: ..)

Gotta recommend the roman chair...Kicks my butt every time.

BTW the journal's really lookin good BadA. Keep up the hard work (I mean in the gym...not the journal:D)

BadAttituud
08-21-2003, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by pruneman

Gotta recommend the roman chair...Kicks my butt every time.

BTW the journal's really lookin good BadA. Keep up the hard work (I mean in the gym...not the journal:D)

thanks!

OK, stupid question, what's the roman chair?

Scott S
08-21-2003, 06:13 PM
Squats ... 185 x 6

:bang:

I... ermmm, have some work to do...

P.S. The roman chair is that thing where you hold yourself up by your forearms, let your legs dangle, and you raise them up so it looks like you're seated in mid-air. If you do them properly (not swinging your legs up!), you won't be able to do very many reps. :evillaugh

pruneman
08-21-2003, 07:19 PM
here's the roman chair
http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/HipFlexors/WtRomanChairSitup.html

I like to put some plates under the front of it so that it puts it on an incline. Let me know what you think if you give it a shot. It's one of my favorites

JustinASU
08-21-2003, 08:35 PM
Hey Carolyn, just thought I'd throw a little :spam: your way. Your journal is off to an amazing start. Good luck in all your goals. By the way you have great leg strength! :D

Oh btw I think you'll find the link in my sig goes to my new journal so no dead end this time!

BadAttituud
08-22-2003, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by Scott S

:bang:

I... ermmm, have some work to do...

I'm sorry.. If it's any consolation, my legs are by FAR the strongest part of my body..

P.S. The roman chair is that thing where you hold yourself up by your forearms, let your legs dangle, and you raise them up so it looks like you're seated in mid-air. If you do them properly (not swinging your legs up!), you won't be able to do very many reps. :evillaugh

ooooooooh sounds positively PAINFUL... I'll have to try it out..

Originally posted by pruneman
here's the roman chair
http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/HipFlexors/WtRomanChairSitup.html

I like to put some plates under the front of it so that it puts it on an incline. Let me know what you think if you give it a shot. It's one of my favorites

OK, it sounds like I have two different exercises with same name.. but I can work with that and see what I an get done.. Definitely liking oblique potential. :)

Scott S
08-22-2003, 08:35 PM
OOPS! I must have been thinking of the wrong thing. What am I thinking of??

BTW, please don't laugh at me when I post my leg workout tomorrow... ;)

Scott S
08-22-2003, 08:40 PM
Oh, "Hanging Hip Raises". Nevermind. :rolleyes:

BadAttituud
08-22-2003, 09:10 PM
BTW, please don't laugh at me when I post my leg workout tomorrow... ;)

Only if you promise not to laugh at me when I post my arms and shoulders. Deal? :thumbup:

BadAttituud
08-25-2003, 04:18 PM
well crapolies.. I have GOT to get my scheduling in order so I can even MAKE it to the gym.. IT's not that I don't want to go, but it seems that I need an extra 4-5 hours in the day to get it all done.. The upside is that I'm losing my roommate this week sometime so that should free some of it up. Wish me luck getting in tomorrow!

Scott S
08-25-2003, 05:20 PM
*sends virtual luck to BA*

My girlfriend has trouble finding time to do anything fitness-wise, too. Don't get me wrong, she has a great build, but I think exercise could help her a lot with stress. She has a lot.

BadAttituud
08-26-2003, 04:19 PM
I'm finding that getting to go and workout some does help with my stress. It gives me something else to think about for a couple of hours or so.

(Random thoughts) It seems like unless a gal has one of those, guys don't want to really take the time to know them any better. When gal is a little thicker (as I am, even after this 20 pounds loss) then the only way they think of us is as something to use. I dont' have to like it, but it's a fact of life. It's not like I'm doing this to land a man, far from it, but that doesn' t mean it doesn't suck.

:shrug: Anyhow...... enough of that....... I didn't get my last workout posted so I'll do that and today's too.. I was tiredwhen I came in today and incredibly distracted so I didn't do much today.

Last workout -
Chin up - 5x2, then 6 (yeah most assisted, what a wimp)
Lat Pulldown - 100x9, 90x10
T bar Row - 75x10x2, 90x10
bent over DB row - 30x10x3
Preacher curls - 10x10x3

Today -
Leg Press - 180x10, 200x10, 220x10 (could have done a set of 240, but I wasn't into it)
Bench machine - 60x10x4
Dip machine - 100x20x3

Ok, time for shower and see how my one real meal o' the day is coming along (baked chicken breast with peas & carrots)

midee1
08-26-2003, 07:26 PM
(Random thoughts) It seems like unless a gal has one of those, guys don't want to really take the time to know them any better. When gal is a little thicker (as I am, even after this 20 pounds loss) then the only way they think of us is as something to use. I dont' have to like it, but it's a fact of life. It's not like I'm doing this to land a man, far from it, but that doesn' t mean it doesn't suck.

I guess young lady I am weird. I personally like my women a little as you say thicker. Always have. Mistress Dee is about 5' 7" and 170 lbs. Here is what I say to the others. ****'em.:D

Scott S
08-27-2003, 02:38 PM
I suppose "great build" is a little too general. I am attracted most to that "healthy" size somewhere between thin and "not too pudgy." (It's really hard to describe without offending someone.) Take the average shorter model and add about 20-30 lbs and that's what I like. My girlfriend frets because she is not as thin as she was in high school, but I couldn't be happier. Hmm... sorry for cluttering up your journal, BA... :angel:

BadAttituud
08-28-2003, 04:27 PM
Midee and Scott - Yay! You both have made me feel a bit better. (Don't worry about cluttering up my journal, Scott) I am not model thin by any means... I'm 5'4" and I'm down to a comfortable size 12. *I* think I carry it more or less well, but I'd still like to get to the point where I can turn heads. (Again, my own insecurities talking)

On Topic - I am really not getting to the gym like I want to.. These 11 hour work nights are really taking out of my gym time. I'm hoping that I can r

BadAttituud
08-28-2003, 04:27 PM
Midee and Scott - Yay! You both have made me feel a bit better. (Don't worry about cluttering up my journal, Scott) I am not model thin by any means... I'm 5'4" and I'm down to a comfortable size 12. *I* think I carry it more or less well, but I'd still like to get to the point where I can turn heads. (Again, my own insecurities talking)

On Topic - I am really not getting to the gym like I want to.. These 11 hour work nights are really taking out of my gym time. I'm hoping that I can reorganize my workouts so I don't need a spotter and find a home for my dog (long story) and then just go after work and then sleep all day. This only making it 2-3 days a week SUCKS..

Scott S
09-03-2003, 10:53 AM
*bump

Must be really busy lately.

JustinF
09-04-2003, 03:12 AM
:spam:

BadAttituud
09-04-2003, 04:54 PM
*bump

Must be really busy lately.

OMG, Scott you have no idea... I've been putting in 11-11 hour nights at work every night.. AND I'm having a feud with my downstairs neighbor, I got rid of my roommate so I'm trying to get my apartment back into habitable shape from her. AND have to find a home for my dog. :( I haven't had a chance to even THINK about the gym :cry: I've been considering applying for a selector job at work just for the workout (OK, the extra $6 an hour would be nice too).. But I'm afraid the guys would laugh at me for even trying, I thnk I could keep up fairly well for a newbie, but I have next to no confidence.

Hey Justin, thanks for the :spam:

Scott S
09-04-2003, 05:05 PM
Ouchie. I love pets, too, but I know they can be a problem when looking for dwellings.

Hope that stuff clears up. What do you do for work?

midee1
09-04-2003, 08:10 PM

But I'm afraid the guys would laugh at me for even trying, I thnk I could keep up fairly well for a newbie, but I have next to no confidence.

Why would they laugh Bad. I'm a firm believer that you can do anything you set your mind to.:D

And if they do laugh fock em
Prove their sorry arses wrong.:thumbup:

JustinF
09-05-2003, 07:04 AM

Why would they laugh Bad. I'm a firm believer that you can do anything you set your mind to.:D

And if they do laugh fock em
Prove their sorry arses wrong.:thumbup:

And if they laugh you can have all your WBB pals pay them a visit!! :evillaugh:

BadAttituud
09-05-2003, 12:11 PM
Scott - I'm working at a clerk at Sysco Food distribution warehouse. The guys just say that women try but never last as selectors, they end up on OJI or file sexual harassment. I would never file sexual harrassment, and I don't think I'd get hurt. One of the guys was saying that the biggest difference is that when you run out of endurance, men have strength to fall back on and women don't. Like I said, it's not that I doubt my abilities to do the job, hard as it is.. I just have no confidence.

Midee and Justin - wow, my own brute squad! I feel special. :)

BadAttituud
09-07-2003, 02:08 PM
well guys... Things have gotten entirely too hectic around here... I'm fixing to add a little more to my plate so the gym is going to have to wait for a while.. On the up side, I'm still losing weight slowly..:clap: down to 155 from 175 on July 1! No diet pills either, just good diet. 9i'm so proud)

I'll keep lurking and commenting on everyone's journals, though.

midee1
09-07-2003, 02:47 PM
Grats on the consistent weight loss.

I know what you mean about more on the plate. If you read my journal you will see I am doing the same thing. Keep up the good work and I'll be looking forward to hearing from you.:cool:

JustinF
09-07-2003, 06:46 PM

If you keep your diet in check, you should continue to have steady weight loss. Good luck with all your future endeavors. Don't be a stranger.

Coke
09-09-2003, 10:32 AM
To lose 20 pounds in 2 months is no small feat, Wow! and congrats - :thumbup:

midee1
09-14-2003, 06:29 PM
Just droppin in to bump ya a nd say Howdy:hello:

Scott S
09-15-2003, 04:09 PM
Wow... good job, BA! :thumbup:

BadAttituud
09-16-2003, 06:31 AM
Thanks guys! What I'm the proudest of is that I haven't been using any diet pills or anything, just a change in diet and eating habits.

I haven't been having time to eat as often as I should. I have been keeping my meals healthy, but they are small and infrequent. Consequently, I have noticed that my weight loss is slowing down. I'm not overly concerned about that, I just need to start scheduling some meal times and make sure I keep to them. Hopefully things will keep on keeping on and I will be able to lose this other 25 or so pounds left.

JustinF
09-16-2003, 06:32 AM
Keep on doing what you're doing!! :thumbup:

BadAttituud
09-16-2003, 06:36 AM

Sounds like a plan to me! :cool:

midee1
09-18-2003, 06:46 PM