PDA

View Full Version : Gotta get small?

Budiak
02-05-2001, 03:14 AM
As in losing about 9 lbs of flab which will bring me down to 10% body fat. I need to know some stuff about how many calories (on average) weightlifting burns per hour, as well as how many calories equals burning a pound off so I might be able to more easily track my success.
My original plan was to lose it over 14 weeks, so as to eliminate muscle loss along with it. I've been into weight lifting for a while now and I've built a solid muscle structure, the only problem being that I'm so short and predisposed to being heavy, although I've widdled it all down to a remaining 6% that I must lose.
I dont need any diet advice, I'm quite good at writing up a balanced diet, I'm just confused about how much I'm burning with my workouts and how many actual calories I have to burn in deficit in order to lose all that fat.

Paul Stagg
02-05-2001, 07:38 AM
It depends, and varies by individual.

You have to experiment to find your maintenance caloric intake, and adjust from there.

Hellrazor
02-14-2001, 05:54 AM
Hi Budiak. I had to count all my calorie expenditures as a project at college and in the book I looked in it said an hour of high intensity weight training will burn approx 450 cals but this depends on your metabolic rate. Hey a couple of calories either way shouldn`t make that much of a difference. :)

Chris Rodgers
02-14-2001, 06:10 AM
Budiak- What happen to the idea of "screw losing weight"? You just posted that 4 days ago, saying you were too small and needed to bulk. Trust me, I've been down this road. You want to get bigger, but you want to be ripped at the same time, not likely to happen. Just focus on getting bigger for now. It'll be worth it in the end.

Budiak
02-14-2001, 11:28 AM
This is an old thread, LAT. I have decided to start bulking up instead.

David
02-14-2001, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Budiak
This is an old thread, LAT. I have decided to start bulking up instead.

Hey buddy, if you're gonna do that, you might wanna change your signature, LOL ;)

Chris Rodgers
02-15-2001, 12:06 AM
I didn't notice the date. Good luck with the bulking.