PDA

View Full Version : Help setting up a program

bigbulldogg21
08-06-2003, 09:36 PM
Hello , I would like to know if you guys would be interested in helping me setup a program. It is a pretty simple program, I would like to workout 4 days a week hitting each bodypart twice. This is my first draft of it.

mon
Bench press
chins
hang snatch
bb rows
bb curls
lying tricep ext.
abs

tues
deadlift
lunges
lying leg curls
??????
calfs

thurs
dips
pullups
powerclean and press
low cable row
revers curls
close grip bench
abs

fri
squats
stif legg deads
????
calfs

I am trying to get a strong as possible on bench, bbrows, deads, squats and clean and press. The other exercises I would like to keep to add some mass and for some explosiveness. If you could help me design the set/rep scheme and make any other comment/suggestion they would be welcomed.

Thanks for your help in advance.

unshift
08-06-2003, 09:55 PM
way too much volume if you ask me

Meat_Head
08-06-2003, 10:28 PM
That routine = burnout

If you're doing more than one or 2 sets intensely on those exercises you should do 2 of the workouts one week and the other 2 the next week, then repeat.

The only way you could get away with that is doing submaximal sets for all of those exercises except a few. That still might be pushing it.

bigbulldogg21
08-06-2003, 10:33 PM
Okay, then how would you split this up? As I mention before I am trying to get a strong as possible on bench, bbrows, deads, squats and clean and press. I feel I resond better to hitting each muscle 2X a week at this stage in my development. So basicaly I just want to focus on those lifts and keep the others as assitance lifts for allittle extra size and they could be performed submaximally. Any suggetions on how to do this.

BigCorey75
08-07-2003, 12:12 AM
try doing it westside style, i workout 4 days a week that way and hit each bodypart twice a week

monday
ME legs

tuesday
ME bench, light back

wednesday off

thursday
dynamic legs

friday or saturday
dynamic bench heavy back

ill throw triceps in on heavy bench day and biceps and shoulders in on light bench day and cleans on dynamic leg day

and everything is hit twie a wek thourouhly without over training

bigbulldogg21
08-07-2003, 09:25 PM
cory, I like the idea of westside, but lift a a my schools rec center and don't have access, nor the money for the equipment. ANy other suggestions?

BigCorey75
08-07-2003, 11:00 PM
do yall have free weights???

if not then your kinda stuck out in the mud as far as if you really want to get big and strong without any free weights

bigbulldogg21
08-08-2003, 02:36 AM
lol, yeah corey I should have clarified that. Yes we do have a good selection of free wieghts, I just cant afford any chains, bands, or such. Plus cant bring in boards because of the school weak insurance.

BigCorey75
08-08-2003, 10:30 AM
oh the chains bands and boards are not neccesary, there a great addition but not neccessary.

i mean for chest, you can still do jm presses with out chains or boards, and if they let you and are not such pussies about the "insurance policy" you can effectively do floor presses, and if they wont let you do floor presses try some pin presses. this is assuming that you all have a power rack

if yall have a leg press that will be wnough supplement for your legs. good mornings, squats, lunges, SLDL, RDL, conventional deads, sumo deads, hyper extensions, front squats, leg press. you can use all of these in some fashion or form in max effort and dynamic work.

if they wont give you a box try using some low bench and use that.

for upper back and lat work, rack pulls, barbell rows, lat pull downs, pull ups things of all sorts.

see chains and bands are good additons but not totally neccessary.