PDA

View Full Version : 2 sets? Cardio on rest day?

BocaJoeS
08-07-2003, 07:09 AM
The first book I ever read on the subject of weight lifting was "The World Gym...." I believe it was written by Joe Weider. Anyway, I remember a quote in the book that said "2 sets of any excercise, no matter how intensely performed is not sufficient for muscle growth." I am contrasting that to the Wannabebig routine, which calls for 2 sets of many of the excercises. My conclusion is that the caution raised was referring to only doing 2 sets of flat bench then moving on to 2 sets of legs, etc. The routine actually calls for 6 sets of chest excercises TOTAL, therefore is sufficient. Is this the correct conclusion?

Also, can cardio be performed on the rest days or are the rest days meant to be rest for the ENTIRE body?

SoulOfKoRea
08-07-2003, 08:10 AM
2 sets is enough for growth, as long as you keep stacking those plates on or increasing reps each week, then you have no choice but to grow.

yes, cardio. may be performed on the rest days, although I would make it light or drop it altogether after a hard legs day.

eatdirt40
08-08-2003, 09:29 PM
progressive overload will make you grow... so for any of these routines if you keep doing more reps and weright u are bound to grow just like soulofkorea said.