PDA

View Full Version : cheesy beans

tankdogg
08-08-2003, 06:24 AM
Basically I get half-full can of beans and add some small slices of cheese to melt in with the beans. I wonder if this is good for my weights training I only ask because I eat this a LOT I only slice thin pieces of cheese just enough to melt into the beans.

Also should I avoid pizza at all costs? Since every couple of days I tend to eat 2-3 slices.

bradley
08-08-2003, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by tankdogg
Basically I get half-full can of beans and add some small slices of cheese to melt in with the beans. I wonder if this is good for my weights training I only ask because I eat this a LOT I only slice thin pieces of cheese just enough to melt into the beans.

Sounds fine to me, assuming that you are getting in your daily requirements of protien and EFAs somewhere along the way. It would also depend on your goals, but beans are a good source of low GI carbs, fiber, and protein.

Also should I avoid pizza at all costs? Since every couple of days I tend to eat 2-3 slices.

Again this would depend on your goals. There are certainly better food choices besides pizza, but if it does not interfere with your current goals then go for it.;)

mmckinley
08-08-2003, 03:48 PM
cheesy beans! that would give me the worst gas. It's gotta be like a fart superfood. I'm gonna try it!

dirty-c
08-08-2003, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by mmckinley
cheesy beans! that would give me the worst gas. It's gotta be like a fart superfood. I'm gonna try it!

What is it with high fiber foods? Some people say they make u gassy and loose bowled, while others say it "keeps u regular". I've never experienced the bean gassiness. If anything, eating healthy (high fiber, protein, mid fat) keeps me very regular and very solid. Don't even need TP!

noraa
08-08-2003, 05:16 PM
eat more fibre, some people need 60-80g before they get that effect, some cultures eat >100g daily