PDA

View Full Version : substituting n-large2 for protein instead??

ishaqmir
08-08-2003, 03:18 PM
i've started bulking about 8 weeks ago and have seen some good muscle gains so far. however, my fat around the stomach is also increasing and i'm just feared that it may be too hard to get rid of once i start cutting.

i'm taking about 3000 cals a day. in between the meals i have 1/2 a serving of n-large2 with whole milk (twice a day).

do you think i should substitute the n-large2 for whey protein in whole milk??? and have these servings between EVERY single meal. may be thi will continue to give me muscle mass, but may reduce the amount of fat building up.

cheers

bradley
08-08-2003, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by ishaqmir
i've started bulking about 8 weeks ago and have seen some good muscle gains so far. however, my fat around the stomach is also increasing and i'm just feared that it may be too hard to get rid of once i start cutting.

i'm taking about 3000 cals a day. in between the meals i have 1/2 a serving of n-large2 with whole milk (twice a day).

If you are gaining fat too fast then that means you are consuming too many cals over the course of the day.

do you think i should substitute the n-large2 for whey protein in whole milk??? and have these servings between EVERY single meal. may be thi will continue to give me muscle mass, but may reduce the amount of fat building up.

Just reduce your overall cals, and there is really no reason to have a shake between every meal, especially if you are gaining excessive amounts of bf.

Basically what I am trying to say is just reduce your daily calorie intake, whether this means cutting back on the N'Large, using skim instead of whole milk, etc. Where you cut the cals is really not that important, assuming that after you cut cals you are still getting in enough protein and EFAs. I also would not recommend cutting cals from your pre/post workout shakes.:)

I also see no reason to consume whole milk. If you need the extra fat calories throw in some olive oil or a couple of handfuls of nuts. The fat in milk is not really offering any nutritional value.