PDA

View Full Version : Food Cravings

syntekz
08-28-2001, 04:49 PM
about an hour and a half ago i had two hamburgers.

a half a pound of beef on a bun. im now starving again and craving food real bad.

i saw post from someone the other day talking about how the type of carbs you eat and how much you eat make you crave more after you eat.

anyone remember what im talking about?

Tryska
08-28-2001, 05:06 PM
yes...it's an insulin reaction...yaz posted about it....but it's well known....it was probably the bread?

syntekz
08-28-2001, 05:10 PM
thanks.
can someone explain it to me though?

Sun
08-28-2001, 05:47 PM
The bun was high glycemic. Ever noticed on low GI, fiberous carbs you feel more satiated? Insulin is going to make you hungry, and a high glycemic carb will give you the feeling of still being hungry when you're not. That's why I have a real problem supping with Phosphagen and an MRP. I'm starving the rest of the day.

What I do to combat it is use Glycemet by Met-Rx. Surprisingly it does a good job of balancing blood sugar levels. And with 9g of Fiber per every little scoop, you're full before you know it. If you can't do that, just keep some water nearby and keep sipping on it. Tough it out I guess.

So yeah, I believe it was the bread.

I'm curious to know myself, how long the gastric emptying process takes with fatty foods w/a High GI carb, as opposed to low. I would imagine total passthrough is quicker.

Wizard
08-29-2001, 06:48 AM
As Sun said,add some fiber to your diet and he cravings will go away.Then,try 5-htp if you're still facing the same problem.

Sinep
08-29-2001, 08:58 AM
wow yaz.. you know more than I thought on dieting
*thumbs up*

Joe Black
08-29-2001, 09:49 AM
[GOING OFF TOPIC]

yep I think yaz is under estimated in his dieting knowledge.

People think that cause he has used some *shady substances* that he didn't have to diet his ass off...

I mean yaz got down to about 7% I think with b4 he touched dnp.. Sure he used some clen with his diet but imo its overated.. His impressive transformation came from a fooking strict diet and a lot of applied knowledge..

[/BACK TO TOPIC]

Was that ok yaz?

Sun
08-29-2001, 09:51 AM
That's all I ever asked. Someone to say that it included some applied knowledge and dedication. Not "Yaz is a juicehead and he takes gear so he's automatically going to wake up lean."

Gosh darnit now I'm getting all emotional. :cry:

Thanks for that, even if I KNOW the closing question was tinged with a bit of sarcasm to one of my MSN comments, lol.

breeze
08-29-2001, 10:10 AM
The problem is that carbs are less satisfying than protein. The chicken daddy had posted a link to an article that discusses what foods make you more satisfied. The link can be found in the thread "is GI important" in the diet and nutrition section. For those of you who hate fruits. grapes, apples and oranges are amoung the higest foods in terms of its satiety index value. potatoes and fish is the highest. So if you are hungry eat an orange, baked potato or fish. Thanks to the chicken daddy the link is

http://members.tripod.com/JPE_Sportscience/Saiety%20Index%20html.html