PDA

View Full Version : Weird "cheat meal" question...

defcon
08-10-2003, 03:29 PM
Hey guys, i got a question for you all, lets say i had a cheat meal, by a cheat meal, i am talkinga bout a meal that totally puts me over my calori limit for that day, for example, i am allowed to eat 2500 cals a day, so i eat my normal 2500 daily meal plans, but in the middle of the day sumwhere i get this mental NEED to have a cheat meal.. so if i take this CRAVEING and eat 1000 cals of oatmeal, would it affect me as badly as eating 1000 cals of fastfood frenchfries ?

do you all get what im saying? pls respond if you do or don't and i'll try to make myself clearer, thanx! :)

Frankster
08-10-2003, 03:41 PM
Well... I think it would be better to eat clean foods, but then it wouldn't really satisfy the craving would it?

defcon
08-10-2003, 03:56 PM
cravings of more oatmeal is the only cravings i ever get :P like today, i lost control and cooked up 4 cups of oatmeal and ate it all in one sitting, plain, without anything added cept water! :|

SoulOfKoRea
08-10-2003, 04:13 PM
better than fast food bingeing, oatmeal has a lot of fiber and complex carbs. whereas french fries have a lot of saturated fats and a lot of trans fats ;)

bradley
08-10-2003, 05:14 PM
Overfeeding on oatmeal would definitely be better than overfeeding on fast food, because of the fact that the conversion of carbs to fat (de novo lipogenesis) is not going to contribute much to fat gain.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=11722954&dopt=Abstract
"De novo lipogenesis increases after overfeeding with glucose and sucrose to the same extent in lean and obese women but does not contribute greatly to total fat balance."

Although if you were to continue this for a couple of days you would begin to see more conversion of carbs to fat as was the case in the study below.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=3165600&dopt=Abstract

defcon
08-10-2003, 06:34 PM
well i only get the need to do it once every month or so :P

bradley
08-11-2003, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by defcon
well i only get the need to do it once every month or so :P

If you are trying to reduce your bf% and you are <15% bf, then a refeed once a week or so would probably be beneficial.:D

defcon
08-11-2003, 03:35 AM
Oh how lucky are you guys with 10% bf's, all those refeeds! currently im appox 15-16% :\