PDA

View Full Version : Too much cheating this weekend.....feel as guilty as hell!!

papaoso2k1
08-10-2003, 08:25 PM
Since I decided to begin cutting next week....I made plans to cheat this weekend in order to get a clean start on my cutting diet.....well the cheating went too far...I eat like 50 oreo cookies...a whole box of cereal...and other stuff....now I feel like I hate myself for being so weak...But im gonna try to put it all behind me and focus on following my plans and reaching my goals.... Has this ever happened to you??

unshift
08-10-2003, 08:29 PM
every saturday :)

ryan1117
08-10-2003, 08:33 PM
Go Sit in a Corner:D

Khar
08-10-2003, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by papaoso2k1
Since I decided to begin cutting next week....I made plans to cheat this weekend in order to get a clean start on my cutting diet.....well the cheating went too far...I eat like 50 oreo cookies...a whole box of cereal...and other stuff....now I feel like I hate myself for being so weak...But im gonna try to put it all behind me and focus on following my plans and reaching my goals.... Has this ever happened to you??

Dude its happened to everyone...2 weekends ago...I had like 5500+ cals at a concert alone. Last weekend, I had a 17oz filet plus a ****load of peanuts, some liquor etc. Yesterday. like another 5000+ day. Ive cheated about 6-7 times this summer...to that degree...3 in 3 weeks. Its ok man. It won't make that much of a difference. Bradley showed me an article about something called NEAT that your body does. Maybe he will dig that up again. I didn't save the link though.

papaoso2k1
08-10-2003, 09:17 PM
mmm...khar if I remembre correctly you went to a phish concert or something like that and you felt like dying the morning after.....:D ...good to know im not the only one.....

about the filet...17oz...:eek: damn....

AdamGberg
08-10-2003, 09:54 PM
to the 17oz filet :thumbup:

a cheat day just that...a day to cheat...no worries bro

Khar
08-10-2003, 10:04 PM
mmm...khar if I remembre correctly you went to a phish concert or something like that and you felt like dying the morning after.....:D ...good to know im not the only one.....

about the filet...17oz...:eek: damn....

Oh I was dying alright.
I was in so much pain...The stomach isn't meant to stretch that much. I took like 6 ****s the next day and threw up a lot.

bradley
08-11-2003, 03:08 AM
Here are those abstracts that Khar was referring to.:)http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=11310775&dopt=Abstract
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=9880251&dopt=Abstract

A couple of days of overeating is not going to make that much of a difference in the long run. I find the worst thing associated with cheat days or a refeed for that matter is the lethargy and water weight that comes along with the increased food intake.

Now that you have gotten all the Oreo cravings out of the way it will probably be easier to stick with your cutting diet. I would not worry about it.:)

Toy-Yoda
08-11-2003, 03:12 AM
Why is bradley so smart? Is he god? If so, can you please grant me a pill that will make me 8 % bodyfat? Then grant me the ingredients so I can sell it and make millions!

papaoso2k1
08-11-2003, 06:26 AM
After all that cheating...I dont want to see an oreo for the rest of my life....or any other cookie ... Last night I coudnt sleep...my stomach kept cramping up .....I DONT EVER WANNA DO IT AGAIN!!!

Ironman8
08-12-2003, 11:18 AM
After all that cheating...I dont want to see an oreo for the rest of my life....or any other cookie ... Last night I coudnt sleep...my stomach kept cramping up .....I DONT EVER WANNA DO IT AGAIN!!!

I'll do it for you :D

donescobar2000
08-12-2003, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Ironman8

I'll do it for you :D

Ha Ha. Don't worry. I ate the same **** one day. But I ate more. I ate 2 sleeves of Oreos, 5 slice of Pizza, 2 slice of cheescake, and a pint of ice cream. On top of that I ate my basal. Man I know I did well over 600 carbs and 300 fat. I felt guitly though also. But hey I got some sanity after that day. Of course I felt the same. No more oreos. But dude tommorow I have a cheat day again. It won't be as drastic though. One Cheesecake, and appetizer, and a main course. That will be it for me.

AllUp
08-12-2003, 12:57 PM
lol, same. I cheated and felt like crap the whole following day. Wont really hurt you in the long run that much but if you do it for a few and slack off the exercise and w/o's I would think your metabolism drops and THEN your scr00'd :P

-AllUp

donescobar2000
08-12-2003, 01:01 PM
Thats true.

papaoso2k1
08-12-2003, 05:27 PM
I could swear I felt fatter the next day.... Could this happen...or was my mind playing tricks on me??

donescobar2000
08-12-2003, 05:39 PM
water retention. and youre probably bloated. Don't worry. I felt the same way. Just get back on the ball and do it again next month. lol.

Scott S
08-12-2003, 06:00 PM
"NEAT"? Now I have a term for what happens to me! See, I've always been one of those people who can grossly overeat and still stay the same weight. I've noticed that when I do, I suddenly have to be more active. I fidget, I walk around more, I might throw more energy into chores or whatever, but it all equals out in the end.

I've long since stopped worried about when I overeat, because I know that it's good for me (and anyone really) to do now and then.

donescobar2000
08-12-2003, 06:02 PM
Preach on brother. I am with you on that one also.

Jasonl
08-12-2003, 09:04 PM
man, finally i don't feel like the only one who goes crazy on cheat days from time to time!!! there's nothing like a nice cheat saturday sitting around watching a movie with a HUGE bowl of ice cream and a 20oz mountain dew.

bradley
08-13-2003, 03:14 AM
I could swear I felt fatter the next day.... Could this happen...or was my mind playing tricks on me??

It is quite possible that you put on fat, but this would depend on the total amount of calories that you consumed. I am sure most of what you are feeling is due to water weight and just that general bloating feeling you get from consuming large amounts of food.

Khar
08-13-2003, 02:20 PM
You probably put on SOME fat, although since you don't make an everyday event out of this it is probably very very minimal. Don't sweat it ya we all feel bad when we do it. But if it makes you feel any better, I have been HORRIBLE this week ;) I go back to school friday so everyone is like HEY KEV, lets go out and eat and drink and celebrate. So I can't be an ass and refuse so I go :) And last night we got ripped and went through cheesecakes...MMMMM, and peanut butter this and peanut butter that! It's all good though. I have probably put on a total of maybe 1 lb of fat this past week. Not too bad for eating damn well.

donescobar2000
08-13-2003, 04:26 PM
Man thats aight. Hey I am on my way to get some cheesecake. I love it. I cheat every two weeks or so. Its ok. Just kick ass!

Frankster
08-14-2003, 03:54 PM
If anything it will help your diet, don't worry about it and stick to the plan, lke Bradley said you got the cravings out of the way, so the diet will be alot easier.