PDA

View Full Version : havent cheated for 2 days on this...

big calvin
08-12-2003, 10:29 AM
i was gonna sent this 2 bradley but ur PM box is full so imma just post it and let others comment on it aswell...

ive ben doin this for 2 days now and today makes the 3rd.. before i was tryn to do a keto diet again but on the 2nd day id cheat so i upped my calories alot and i am eating carbs...

meal 1
MRP
3 cups milk
1/2 tbsp flax

meal 2
3 chicken breasts
1 pkg success brown rice in a bag

meal 3
same as meal 1

meal 4
same as meal 2

meal 5
same as meal 1

meal 6
8oz. flank steak
2 cups corn

it totals out to be around 400g protein,400g carbs, 70g fat

so far its ben real good, not hungry, no real cravings... i just need to start doin some walkin... trainin is fine...but i know wit this many carbs i need to do cardio..

but wha do u guys think of it?....

Isaac Wilkins
08-12-2003, 10:47 AM
I'd personally go for more solid meals if you can.

Is this a daily diet, or is it something you mix foods in and out of? Are you going to be eating this same thing every day (barring cheats/refeeds)? I'd try to get in a green salad or two, just 200 calories worth or so. Spinach, broccali, etc. The micronutrients and fiber will be helpful.

I could make some other suggestions, too, but I want to see your answers first.

big calvin
08-12-2003, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Borris

Is this a daily diet, or is it something you mix foods in and out of?

**daily diet

Are you going to be eating this same thing every day (barring cheats/refeeds)?

** same thing everyday...

I'd try to get in a green salad or two, just 200 calories worth or so. Spinach, broccali, etc. The micronutrients and fiber will be helpful.

**i know everyone tells me more veggies but i just dont like them ..lol thats why i eat corn...half veggie/half startch lol i think...

thanks for asnwering

Bam Bam
08-12-2003, 11:20 AM
looking good cal your weight should burn that off with a bit of cardio. btw i am coming your way soon and me y2a and squarehead are going to murder a buffett your more than welcome to come(pompano)

big calvin
08-12-2003, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Bam Bam
looking good cal your weight should burn that off with a bit of cardio. btw i am coming your way soon and me y2a and squarehead are going to murder a buffett your more than welcome to come(pompano)

lol when u comin to fla?

oo nice sig... atleast i can tell u wont kidnap me :D lol

Bam Bam
08-12-2003, 01:36 PM
24th big man thats sunday plan is to invade the royal king buffett in pompano on tuesday evening for an all out assault

bradley
08-12-2003, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by big calvin
i was gonna sent this 2 bradley but ur PM box is full so imma just post it and let others comment on it aswell...

Sorry about that. Should be fixed now.:)

meal 1
MRP
3 cups milk
1/2 tbsp flax

meal 2
3 chicken breasts
1 pkg success brown rice in a bag

meal 3
same as meal 1

meal 4
same as meal 2

meal 5
same as meal 1

meal 6
8oz. flank steak
2 cups corn

it totals out to be around 400g protein,400g carbs, 70g fat

What you have outlined above would work, but I think you would be less likely to cheat if you were to base your diet around more whole food meals as Borris suggested. There is a lot to be said for just having something solid in your stomach as opposed to just liquid calories, especially when referring to appetite control.

If you can't stomach the veggies, you might think about adding in some Fiber One All Bran to help with your fiber intake, and maybe add in some more fat and decrease the carbs a bit. Adding in some nuts or olive oil would be a good idea. Fish oil would also be a better choice as opposed to the flax.

but wha do u guys think of it?.... [/B]

In the end if you can stick with what you have outlined above, then that is what is going to matter the most. I think Borris brought up some good points that you might want to take into consideration. Keep up the hard work.:D

Isaac Wilkins
08-12-2003, 04:49 PM
Word to Bradley.

I agree about the fish oil, but people seem to prefer one or the other, so I let him be with flax. I second the vote on fish oil, though.

Corn doesn't have the micronutrients that green vegetables do. Also, corn's caloric worth to satiation (is that a word? It is now.) ratio is much higher than the same mass of brocolli or spinach would be. In other words, to reach the same level of fullness, you have to consume a lot more calories in corn.

As far as doing this every day, you'll probably be missing some nutrients and fiber. So, yeah, switch in some veggies, or hit the fiber cereal.

I agree with Bradley on the reduction of carbs, also. Try taking out 100g of carbs, and adding the 400 cals of fat with some olive oil, or some nuts (that'll add a few carbs back in, but not a lot as long as you're in your caloric range). I think you'll find that you end up leaner.

big calvin
08-12-2003, 04:53 PM
thanks bradley, i got so many shakes cuz of cost...$1.50 per shake vs... real food thats the only real reason... i get chicken breast in a bag frozen precooked for $7 for 8... if i had more chicken say...8 a day thats $7 a day...steaks $4 a lb... i use $2 a day of that...lets say i use 1lb...so id have no shakes and more chicken and steak...1 box of brown rice is $3...a day if i added more chicken...corns like $1 a can... so thats $8 a day... so thats like $144 a week... :(.... see wha i mean its expensive thats the oly reason...

fiber one i like... i gotta see how imma do that...the only thing i dont like out of the plan is the milk... i can taste it in my mouth(my glucose level) .. i know its makin my sugar go up....thats the only thing i got a problem wit...

bradley
08-12-2003, 05:25 PM
thanks bradley, i got so many shakes cuz of cost...$1.50 per shake vs... real food thats the only real reason... i get chicken breast in a bag frozen precooked for $7 for 8... if i had more chicken say...8 a day thats $7 a day...steaks $4 a lb... i use $2 a day of that...lets say i use 1lb...so id have no shakes and more chicken and steak...1 box of brown rice is $3...a day if i added more chicken...corns like $1 a can... so thats $8 a day... so thats like $144 a week... :(.... see wha i mean its expensive thats the oly reason...

If you have access to a place like Sam's Club or Costco I would definitely do my shopping there. I pay ~$2 lb. for frozen boneless/skinless chicken breasts, and there is no telling how much I save over the course of a month buying stuff in bulk.

I understand your dilemma though, especially when it comes to quality protein sources.

fiber one i like... i gotta see how imma do that...the only thing i dont like out of the plan is the milk... i can taste it in my mouth(my glucose level) .. i know its makin my sugar go up....thats the only thing i got a problem wit...

As far as the milk goes, what about replacing it with soy milk? You could also mix the MRP with water and throw in some natty pb, or something similar to slow the absorption of the MRP.

WeakSauceAsian
08-12-2003, 06:40 PM
ALWAYS WORD TO BRADLEY.

Lol.

And yeah : ), try more whole meals, better for you I'm thinking.

unshift
08-12-2003, 07:01 PM
do what works, but for me, i find that variety helps me to avoid cheating. 9 chicken breasts in a day might get boring, so if you mix it up a little bit you might find it more exciting

i also find it better to keep low calorie cheat foods around, rather than high calorie... ie, instead of oreos, keep around some 100cal fat-free chocolate pudding, or some low-cal fudgecicles. cheating with 100 calories is a hell of a lot better than cheating with 1000 calories... you get the satisfaction of cheating without the guilt of overdoing it :)

big calvin
08-12-2003, 09:27 PM
k thanks imma change...

instead of milk ill have a MRP(myoplex) with natty peanut butter

as i move on replace 2 of the shakes with chicken or steak meal...

another thing since u all think i need to add veggies (and i know imma regret this lol) but i was thinking since i eat so much rice and corn i can mix just a lil veggies in there like peas and carrots and maybe even tomatoes chopped up so i cant see them lol..

so wit the milk gone and peanut butter added the carbs would come down a bit and the fat up a bit...

also i was just thinking bout sams club or cosco or Bjs... unshift u get $2 for how many? cause at the market its like $5 a pound :(

and 1 last thing, imma add another protein so i dont get sick of chicken breast , ground turkey.. mix that up wit the rice and veggies should be nice.

thanks u guys :)..i might not do all this at once but i will over a peroid of time.

bradley
08-13-2003, 03:51 AM
another thing since u all think i need to add veggies (and i know imma regret this lol) but i was thinking since i eat so much rice and corn i can mix just a lil veggies in there like peas and carrots and maybe even tomatoes chopped up so i cant see them lol..

Try and stick with fibrous veggies like spinach, brocolli, cauliflower, green beans, etc., but mixing them in with your brown rice or corn would work fine.

also i was just thinking bout sams club or cosco or Bjs... unshift u get $2 for how many? cause at the market its like $5 a pound :(

I get a 10lb. sack of Tyson frozen boneless/skinless chicken breasts for ~$20, and the breasts are ~4oz. portions. All of the steaks, pork chops, etc. are cheaper than the grocery store as well.

Sam's also has some frozen fish that I enjoy eating as well (salmon, mahi-mahi, orange roughy, tilapia, cod).

and 1 last thing, imma add another protein so i dont get sick of chicken breast , ground turkey.. mix that up wit the rice and veggies should be nice.

Sounds fine to me, and you could also think about adding in some lean cuts of pork, which you can usually find at a decent price in the supermarket.