PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice

DelveyBoy
08-12-2003, 06:31 PM
ok,so im quite tall(6ft1) and quite skinny(weigh about 160lbs).my problem is i find it very difficult to gain weight.i have a fast metabolism as well.is there any medication that could slow down my metabolism?and how many cals would i need to gain around 1lb a week?

bradley
08-13-2003, 03:18 AM
Originally posted by DelveyBoy
ok,so im quite tall(6ft1) and quite skinny(weigh about 160lbs).my problem is i find it very difficult to gain weight.i have a fast metabolism as well.is there any medication that could slow down my metabolism?and how many cals would i need to gain around 1lb a week?

If you have a fast metabolism, the easiest thing to do would be to eat.:D Just keep increasing your cals a little each week until you are gaining the desired amount of weight each week.

Make sure that you are consistently getting in a surplus of calories everyday, and if eating enough food is a problem, then focus on calories dense foods and liquid calories.

What does your diet currently look like?

DelveyBoy
08-13-2003, 07:37 AM
my diet depends on a number of things,such as if im at college or not,what time i get up that day and what im doing on the day.i mainly eat 3 or 4 meals a day with 1 or 2 light snacks.if i go out with friends then it also includes fast food such as mc donalds or KFC

defcon
08-13-2003, 10:52 AM
the way you describe your eating habits i get the feeling you don't have any idea about proper calorie tracking, so one day you may eat 5000 cals, the next day ou eat 3000, thats an avg or 4000 which only may be your maintanice or sumthing, therefor you will not grow. Track your cals!!!!!!!!!

DelveyBoy
08-13-2003, 06:02 PM
well heres my diet for today http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=delveyboy2k4

raniali
08-13-2003, 06:41 PM
eat more
eat more protein too
personally i would eat a little better - but then again my problem isn't lack of weight gain

DelveyBoy
08-13-2003, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by raniali
eat more
eat more protein too
personally i would eat a little better - but then again my problem isn't lack of weight gain
ive tried to eat as much as possible today.I no im not eating that clean, but i want to gain weight so it doesnt bother me.Going to try and get some whey protein soon as i get some money

DelveyBoy
08-14-2003, 04:00 PM
well heres my diet for today http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=delveyboy2k4
taken in over 3500cals and had 164grams of protien
what do you think i should change about it?

raniali
08-14-2003, 04:27 PM
mmmm - 9 tsp of raw sugar
a kid after my own heart

your diet is very heavy on sugar in general. i think this might affect your workouts and energy levels. i also don't see too many solid protein sources -- just supplemental sources like beans and milk.

DelveyBoy
08-14-2003, 06:41 PM
so what do you recommend adding to the diet?

raniali
08-15-2003, 12:21 PM
solid sources of protein
good and essential fats
lower GI carbs

but then again - if you feel you are making progress on your fastfood diet, keep pounding down the french fries

DelveyBoy
08-23-2003, 09:19 AM
they are home made fries