PDA

View Full Version : Poll : What requires more dietary discipline?

hemants
08-13-2003, 08:12 AM
1. Bulking
2. Cutting
3. Neither (explain)

AllUp
08-13-2003, 08:38 AM
Bulking At the moment, IMHO. Currently I'm shedding wicked weight, stomach shrunk, and I find it VERY tough to get 2000 cals in me daily. Scary because to gain 1lb/wk at 210lb I'll have to eat like 5,270 Cals. Dunno how the hell im gonna do it, and my wallet will suffer greatly from my caloric needs. :(
Overall I guess it would depend on the person. A Thin person who has a high metabolism will have trouble gaining as well as eating unheard of amounts of food, and Obese peeps will have trouble losing and eating less until they start eating healthy and in smaller amt's, and stick with it. :D

-AllUp

defcon
08-13-2003, 09:54 AM
i said neither, because if your cutting then you need to pay close attention to your diet for obvious reasons, but if you looking to bulk clean ( like everytone should do ) then you also have to track your cals/macros just as closely IMO.

TheGimp
08-13-2003, 10:59 AM
Bulking. I find it hard to force all this food down.

Bam Bam
08-13-2003, 11:03 AM
cutting

i love bulking and count for what ? you see it you slam it

Wikked1
08-13-2003, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Bam Bam
cutting

i love bulking and count for what ? you see it you slam it
ALMOST......if you have a forgiving metabolism you can do that!
Cutting requires more discipline....hands down in my opinion....bulking cleanly is making sure you PACK your lunch(es) and EAT every couple hours......good clean carb sources

WillKuenzel
08-13-2003, 02:08 PM
Bulking IMO. I don't have any problems sticking with a cutting diet but I tend to have alot of trouble packing down the amount of calories consistently that it takes for me to gain weight.

hemants
08-13-2003, 02:09 PM
Thx for the replies. I think my answer would be:

1. Hardest is cutting to single digit bf
2. Next is bulking because it's much easier for excess cheat food to turn into fat
3. Small amounts of cheat food in a caloric defecit will not interupt your cutting to a point ~=12%?

SoulOfKoRea
08-13-2003, 02:15 PM
I'm going out on the limb to say:

Bulking, it's seriously hard to gain weight for me, and people tend to eat unhealthy and just cram everything (errrhm*Bam Bam* errrhm :) ), but a clean bulk is hard to do.

gopher
08-13-2003, 03:00 PM
Cutting without a doubt! I love to eat and have no problem getting in plenty of calories while gaining.