PDA

View Full Version : All or nothing

Pages : [1] 2

JeffWillConquer
08-13-2003, 06:09 PM
The Pre-Journal
8/13/03-

Yo, my name is Jeff. I'm 15 and i'm attempting to transform my physique into something to turn heads. I'm going to go from what i'm at now(eh..)to something of greatness.

Stats:
Weight- 150(roughly)
Height- 5'10(also roughly)
BF %- Unknown(i'm guessing around 20)

Right now i'm doing a prejournal. I'll give myself until Monday to decide a few things. Those things will be Diet, Workout Routine, Cardio, and sleep time. Monday is about a week before school starts in Henderson(vegas suburb) where I live. Eating six meals a day will be a challenge while in school, with correct spacing and all..so I may have to eat around 4. My history with bodybuilding is vague, though I have read a lot on this forum. I have a bench, BB and DB's(not much weight though for DB)and a lat tower(I think that's what the pulldown machine is called..) I also have this gazelle thing from TV that never gets used, though I get bored very easily and don't feel like i'm working on that thing. I'll probably just be doing some jogging at the track near my house. I'm going to use the split I saw in SoulofKorea's journal, if you don't mind. I'll be doing cardio though, as I am going to cut at first most likely.

Day 1- Back/Chest
Day 2- Cardio
Day 3- Legs/Abs
Day 4- Cardio
Day 5- Bicep/Tricep/Shoulders
Day 6- full rest
Day 7- Cardio

That's that. I'll go in detail when I discover what exact excersizes i'll be doing. If anyone wants to give feedback, could you explain to me if cardio will slow down my recovery of muscles. I don't see why it would but I think i've heard it before. Thanks for any feedback, i'll be back tomorrow with updates.

Bruteman
08-13-2003, 09:57 PM
WooHoo! A new journal to :spam: !

Eating at school does make it tough. Maybe try to get some protien powder, that way you can chug a shake real quick between classes.

Good luck with your journey into weightlifting!

JeffWillConquer
08-18-2003, 08:43 PM
Day 1:

Today was day one, and it was nothing spectacular to speak of, but it's a start.
Diet: Not so good. I didn't count my calories or even try to stay in any range. In fact I had church's chicken for lunch. Ouch. On a good note I didn't drink any soda..i'm 1 day into kicking that habit.

sleep:Last night my mom made me sleep on the couch and slept on my bed because my dad was fidgeting or something, so I didn't get very good sleep. I doubt I got more than 5 hours.

Training: Today I started WBB #3 as it's requirements are closest to my equipment abilities. Before I post the stats, I must warn you, at this time I am not very strong. I'm kind of sick, and i've only been lifting weights for about 2 months. Now then, let's move on shall we?
:newbie:

Chest/Back-
Incline Bench Press: 1*10,1*6(77 lbs- I SAID DON'T LAUGH!)
Flat Flys: 1*10(10lbs each) 1*6(20 lbs each)
Wide-Grip Pulldowns(don't have chinup bar): 1*10(44lbs)1*6(44lbs)
Note: Don't have dip bar. Going to find replacement by next week.
Note2: I don't have cables to do the high cable row, and like an idiot, I subsituted them with regular upright rows, which works the shoulders. Life goes on, i'll find a better replacement by next week. I'll give you the row stats anyways.
Upright Rows: 2*10(bar)
Deadlift:2*10(bar)
note3: This was my first time deadlifting, was making sure i did them right. I later went to ExRx(my new favorite site, next to WBB of course) and looked for Deadlift under the back section. It wasn't on there. I'm going to research into this and find the bottom of it. Now then..

Recollections: Today sucked. But, better days are to come. WAY better days.Tomorrow is a rest day, but I plan on doing 20 mins of jump rope or on the ellyptical. I'm going to start my diet tomorrow. I think i'll try 13 times my bodyweight and stay around that level if I can. I'm going to hardboil a bunch of eggs and put em in the fridge for the next few days' lunch. We have a billion cans of tuna, so I either need to get some low fat mayo or find a good tuna recipe that I can cook up. I'm looking forward to my legs and ab day, as I will tear up those weights like never before :)

Weekly goals: Fix Chest/back day. Stick to diet. Research research research, because knowledge=power. And power=women. Isn't that what it's all about? Heh, just kidding. Peace out. -[bJeff[/b]

JD77
08-18-2003, 09:21 PM
Good luck with your journal. Nobody's going to laugh at the weight you lift. We all have to start somewhere. Just keep working at it and you'll see the weight go up.

Here's where deadlifts are at on ExRx:

http://www.exrx.net/Lists/ExList/WaistWt.html#anchor1945210

I hope that helps.

Oh yeah, :spam:

JeffWillConquer
08-19-2003, 03:15 PM
Day 2: 8-19-03 (Rest Day)

First of all, thanks JD, for the wishing of luck, the spam, and the website link. You saved me some research time. Now then, today was good. Improvement from yesterday was nice. My alarm went off at 8 o clock, and I wanted to sleep for a while longer, but the Sprint guys came to fix our line and I had to get up anyways. Let's move on
Diet
Meal 1: Meal 1 was good, I woke up late and my dad had already made breakfast, so i had no control. I had 1 egg(74.5 cals) an english muffin(120 cals) a cup of grape juice(160 cals) some leftover london broil mixed with potatoes. I don't know the cals of the potatoes or london broil, so i'll just add 250 as to my knowledge potatoes are high. I was surprised that the grape juice had 160, juice usually has around 100-120.
Total cals: approx. 600.5
Meal 2: Mozzarella and Meatball Lean Pocket(260 cals)
Meal 3: Not sure yet.
Supplements: 2 salmon oil tablets(20 cals) 1 calcium pill, 1 OneADay.
Total Calories: 860.5
Note: This means that if I am attempting(whips out comp calculater) 12 times my bodyweight.(155 X 12) I get 1860 cals. This leaves me with 1,000 calories for dinner. Woop. I'm going to rate myself on how I do in each section, from A-F. This will be the first time.
Diet Rating For Today: B

Training: Today was cardio day. I did 25 minutes on the Gazelle Freestyle. It was pretty easy, felt more like leg stretching than bustin a sweat. Next cardio day i'm doing jump rope, as I really feel the burn from that.
Training Grade: B

Recollections: Today was good. Tomorrow I'm going to wake up on time, without the help of the Sprint man. I drank a lot of water today, which was good. I need to make sure before I go to sleep that all of the leg workouts are possible on my home equipment. Other than that, i'll have a good night. You guys have one too. Peace out. Jeff

JD77
08-19-2003, 08:15 PM
Looks like you did a good job of kicking the soda out of your diet again. I guess I missed something in your first posts, but I'm guessing by your diet that you're trying to cut which surprises me a bit since you're only 150. If you're trying to bulk, I think you could do well to up your calories a bit. As a beginner, if you eat clean and workout with intensity, you may see fat loss and muscle gain at the same time. I realize it's tough though if your dad already has breakfast made.

JeffWillConquer
08-19-2003, 08:48 PM
Updates: Actually, I am cutting. It's not about my weight, it's about my build. I want to be lean at the moment, it's what i'm looking for. Soon I will want to bulk, but first I want to get some definition and stuff. Thanks for the help though.

Dinner turned out to be good as I stayed under my calorie mark for the day. I figured my leg work out will work, and tomorrow will be an A day.

JeffWillConquer
08-20-2003, 03:00 PM
Just got done with leg day, and hell hath no fury like leg day...

I'll post the complete day after dinner tonight.

JeffWillConquer
08-20-2003, 06:57 PM
Day 3: 8/20/03- Leg/Abs

Ahhh, the sweetness that is Leg Day. :ninja: On the old ruitine I was on, it was a fully body type thing, and I was doing like 3 sets of legs all together. Today I experience the leg day that everyone speaks of first hand. After my workout I went to the mailbox to check for school papers, and I almost fell down walking down the steep hill.

Diet: Today I signed up for fitday. I thought it was a pay site, but I checked it out and it turns out I was wrong yet again. Therefore, less diet info will be on here, as I have a better alternative. None the less, I will post some info.
As of 20 minutes after dinner, I have taken in 1597 cals. This is kind of low and I have the 1800's to get to, so I may eat something again before I go to bed. The percentages weren't great...21% protein 44% carbs 35% fat. I'm going to try to put some more protein in there. My dad/workout partner has been talking about getting creatine eventually. Not sure if i'm going to use it while cutting, but I probably will.
Diet Rating: A-

Sleep: Great. A+

Training:
mmmmm....
Squats: 2X10(67lbs). Yeah, that's a very low squat, however this is the 2nd time i've done them, so i'm moving up in weight every workout with ease. Lightness and all, I still felt the burn so I must've done them perfectly or something.
DB Lunges: 2X10(20 lbs each) Eh...could've done more. Need to take time on them as coming back I almost lost balance once or twice.
Leg Extensions: 2X10(88lbs): Could do more, have done more before...
Standing Calf Raises: 2X20(67 lbs)
Weighted crunches: 2X20(11 lbs)
Training Rating: B+ I give myself this because my weight was low on most excersizes.

Recollections: Today was good. Got some things done. Burned some extra calories pickin up dog crap for 3 dogs. :scratch: Anyways, see you guys tomorrow! Peace...(spam welcome :)

Bruteman
08-20-2003, 07:57 PM
That's what I like to see! A noob that loves leg day! I'll give you :thumbup: :thumbup: just for being a nut like the rest of us.

JeffWillConquer
08-20-2003, 07:58 PM
Two thumbs from bruteman :). Pimpin.

JeffWillConquer
08-21-2003, 05:19 PM
Well, it's a rest/cardio day. I'm considering whether or not to do any cardio as my legs are killing me and anything I can do requires legs. I'm probably going to stop being a puss and get 20 minutes out on something until I fall down or finish. I've had about 880 cals so far today, which leaves room for 1000 for dinner+ a snack depending what dinner is. I'm hoping dinner has a lot of protein in it, because I only have 21 % of my diet coming from protein today. Anyways, i'll post after dinner and hopefully cardio what the full day was like. Peace.

rookiebldr
08-21-2003, 05:59 PM
:omg: With a name like that Jeff, you will lift incredible amounts of weight and become huge. I just know it. Jeffs don't fail, they succeed!!!

-Jeff.

P.S. Good luck on your journey. It's tons of fun.

JeffWillConquer
08-21-2003, 06:54 PM
Thanks Rookie, and true dat :). In fact, i'm putting that in my signature.

JeffWillConquer
08-21-2003, 07:11 PM
Day 4: 3/21/03- Cardio/abs(post leg-day *sigh*)

Well to sum up the day...my legs hurt, my legs hurt some more, and just when you thought it was over my legs hurt again. Thanks to my spotter(and father) I can do squats now, which means ton of fun for me! Most of the day consisted of computer games and putting off cardio. But, I'm more determined then ever, and my name means something according to rookiebldr, so all is good!

Diet: Pretty good. I boiled a bunch of eggs today. I cracked the first one because I dropped it not wanting to burn my hand. Screwed up boiled eggs look hella funny. Anyways, they were incorporated as meal 2 in a 4 meal day. I'm glad that my meals have grown from 3 to 4. One thing I need to work on is getting less fat and more protein. If it means anything, I moved up 1 percent from yesterday. Woot. 22% Protein 27% fat 52% carbs. I'm slowly but surely perfecting this diet idea. I finished the day with 1627 cals, leaving me room for anything protein filled I may find if I get hungry.
Note: My mom made Hamburger helper tonight and I snagged the box to get the info before it was trashed. As I was typing it in to Fitday it said there was something that didn't add up. When I saw 1 for grams of fat I should've known something was up. There was a little asterisk by it and in small print at the bottom of the box it said the real numbers after preparation. That's pretty messed up trying to trick people like that if they are dieting and what not.
Diet Rating: B+

Sleep As always, A+

Training: Today I decided that instead of a leg/ab day it will just be leg day, and I will train abs on cardio days. In the afternoon today I finally decided to get my hurtin self onto the gazelle and do 20 minutes. That thing had never been trouble for me before, but today it hurt. I ended up doing 2 sets of 30 crunches with 11 pounds. All is good.

Recollections: Well, today was another improvement. I like days like this. I'm getting this feeling that all is going too perfectly, but maybe it's because i'm so determined this time. I'm looking forward to lateral raises tomorrow, because I know those are a pain. Military press is probably my lowest excersize on the rating scale...i'm trying to figure out what i'm going to do with my triceps. I know a bunch of tricep excersizes, so i'll figure it out. I'm confident that I will achieve my goal if the diet continues as is, and the training goes well too. It seems that i'm getting a boost from these people replying to my posts, so reply on! The motivation can only grow and grow from here. I'm like the roots of the bonzai tree, strong roots means strong tree. So says Mr. Miyagi. I wish I was seeing some hot chicks to give me motivation. There was this girl that liked me last year and on the last day gave me this note explaining everything. I'm anxious to see her on Monday when school starts. I'm hoping by the end of the first quarter I will have achieved my six pack dreams. I'll probably maintain that until the 2nd half of school or summer. Anyways, i'm going to go play some games. Peace out. -Jeff

rookiebldr
08-21-2003, 10:45 PM
:cool: I got quoted again. heheheh

JeffWillConquer
08-22-2003, 03:21 PM
Just a little note to myself and anyone else with cravings to post before my workout. I was at the mall getting new clothes for school today and got thirsty and decided to have some lemonade. I could've had water, but no. Now if i'm going to splurge I want it to be good, but this was the worst lemonade I've ever had. I guess it's some sort of cutting karma. Anyways, off to the workout.

midee1
08-22-2003, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by JeffWillConquer
[size=5]
Yo, my name is Jeff. I'm 15 and i'm attempting to transform my physique into something to turn heads. I'm going to go from what i'm at now(eh..)to something of greatness.

Oh my god a 15yo. Jesus I feel old. My oldest is 15.:cry:

Congrats on trying to improve yourself. Had to drop in and wish you luck. I'll keep watching and will offer advice if I can.

JeffWillConquer
08-22-2003, 06:01 PM
Day 5: 8/22/03- Shoulders/bi/tri(sexay)

First off, yes a 15 year old. Thanks for the luck and offering of advice and what not. Today, was just like any other day. Not much improvement or new ideas sprouting or anything. Although I had some lemonade today, that lasted like crap. Maybe my tastebuds have adapted to the blah of water and hard boiled eggs after 2 days. :p Anyways, on with the show.

Diet: Good. I'm posting this before dinner, because i'm bored. It's pre-dinner time and i've only gotten 7-- somethin calories. It's in FitDay but i'm too lazy to click that right now. We're having some chicken and rice with a salad, so that won't add up to all I need, I may end up eating some eggs or tuna. I believe more of my diet came from protein today, but i'll put up the totals after dinner.
Diet Rating: C+

Training: Shoulders/Bi/Tri:
Military Press: 2X10(45) PR- Sad, I know...worst excersize(sp?).
Lateral Raises: 2X10(10s)...eh
Tricep Pushdowns on lat tower: 2X10(33)
Not sure of name, but where you lower the weight behind your head and lift it up using tris,again to lazy to find definition: 2X10(10s)
Curls: 1X10(56) 1X6(56)
Conc. Curls: 2X10(20s)
Rating: B...nothing new, but a couple PRs on things I haven't done yet.
Recollections: I would say some things but i'm about to go, so let's just say it was a good day overall. Peace out!

rookiebldr
08-22-2003, 08:32 PM

Not sure of name, but where you lower the weight behind your head and lift it up using tris,again to lazy to find definition: 2X10(10s)

Extensions. In this case dumbell extensions. :)

Yeah for curl jockey days.

JeffWillConquer
08-23-2003, 09:24 AM
I just had an omelette for breakfast. Ham, cheese, eggs. mmmmm. sweet sweet protein. :drooling: Anyways, my mom is going to give me 20 bucks for school lunch every week, and i'm going to save it for about 2 months. Actually first after the second week i'm going to buy a couple flavors of whey. But after that I will go shopping for some good low fat mayo and stuff like that for tuna since we have limitless amounts. We also need more eggs, thanks to my mom's omelette. Did I say :drooling:? Peace out.

Bruteman
08-23-2003, 04:53 PM
MMMMMMM omelettes :drooling: !

JeffWillConquer
08-23-2003, 06:33 PM
Day 6: Rest/Cardio/Abs- 8/23/03

Yes my friend...omelettes. mmm. Now then, let's get on with the show....*pause for enjoyment of omelettes* ok. Anyways. Today was good. For the first time I broke the 1800 calorie mark, my max is 1860, and I got 1821. All is good in Jeff's home.

Diet: Well, i'm working on my macro breakdown. As I said earlier i'm going to get some whey, which will boost me up to where I want to be with protein. I took in more fat than usual today. I'm thinking about banning the fruit punch from my diet. I just like a good taste in my mouth when I wake up. That will give me room for about 220 cals and I can replace it with some protein.
Diet Rating:A-

Sleep: Do I even have to say? A+, as always. I'm a sleeping machine. It's what i'm good at...

Training: Today was a rest day. I did 20 minutes of vigorous workout on the gazelle, and 2 sets of 25 crunches with 11 pounds. I attempted another set but got stopped at 5. This is the first time i've done an ab excersize to failure like this. I used to do millions of situps without weight and never get anywhere. I feel the burn baby. I'm probably going to do some 20 minutes jump roping tonight, when the dinner has digested. I don't know, it's not that I need it, I just want to get to my goal quickly. Patience is lurking somewhere within me..
Rating: A

Recollections: Well...not much to say that's of any importance. I'm starting to become somewhat known around these forums..though I've posted in about 2 threads other than my journal. As everyone is trying to help me I want to give back. On a side note, I need to get a digital camera, or get some pics of me. I want everyone to see the before pics so I can revel in glory when the after pics are posted. I have to wake up at 5 tomorrow to get used to waking up early as school starts on Monday. I'm going to convince my mom to get the gazelle moved to the livingroom from their room so I can do it in the morning before school. Anyways, thanks to Bruteman for making my post number grow, i'll be on my way. -Jeff

midee1
08-23-2003, 07:08 PM
Hey Jeff it looks like you are working hard on all aspects of training. I see you are getting good food and plenty of rest. That along with your training I think will get you to your goals.:thumbup:

Keep it up!!!!

JeffWillConquer
08-23-2003, 07:34 PM
Why thank you sir. It's 6 30 and i'm still not sure whether or not i'll do the 2nd cardio session. I was considering lowering my calorie max to 11X bodyweight, but i'm not going for speed or anything, and so far 3 outta 3 days that i've been using fit day i've been a hundred or more calories under my max. I have to go to sleep early tonight, since i'm waking up so early tomorrow. Must get my 8 hours, or i'll go hulk on something. If I do cardio by the end of the night i'll post it here, otherwise, peace out.

JeffWillConquer
08-24-2003, 10:55 AM
It turns out that last night I busted out about 15 minutes jump roping. For some reason 15 minutes jump rope seems like an hour on that gazelle. This morning I remember the oh so good taste of milk in a glass. Mmmmm. It's not skim milk, or low fat milk as I haven't gone shopping hardcore yet. I'll post the rest of my day tonight after dinner. School is tommorrow! NOOOOO!

midee1
08-24-2003, 11:10 AM
School is tommorrow! NOOOOO!

Feel lucky ours have been back about 2 weeks now.:D

Hercule
08-24-2003, 12:37 PM
Hey man. Looking good. Last week was my first week of school. Way to soon for me:(. BTW, I'm 15 too:D.

JeffWillConquer
08-24-2003, 08:29 PM
Day 7: Cardio/Rest- 8/24/03

Today was same old same old. I kept to diet, I did my cardio. Didn't do abs today as they are sore from yesterday.
Midee1: I guess i'm lucky, but I know some people still aren't going this week.
Hercule: Yeah, us 15 yo bodybuilders have to stick together. You are WAY bigger than me though. BTW, I have a pug named hercules :).

Diet: Was good. Average day, stayed under calorie mark and all. I give myself a B.
Training:Did a more vigorous workout on the gazelle today, was nice. 20 mintues. Rating is a B.
Recollections: Really not much to say today, i'm fearing school. Not really, I do good in school, get to see hot chicks, hoping to get a few girlfriends this year :). Last year I only went out with one girl for a long time. Was cool but the end sucked. I'll have a lot to say tomorrow. Peace out. -Jeff

JeffWillConquer
09-09-2003, 05:06 PM
Just when you thought is was over: I have decided to stick out the journal for the rest of the year. With school and all I have been bombarded and was thinking about just giving up the journal. I don't wanna be one of those guys with 5 journals a month though, so I clicked back to the 3rd page and resurrected this sucker. I've got a few new goals though. I've decided that i'm not fat or even overweight, and i'd like to put on some serious muscle before I cut and lose any. Aside from my lifting goals, i've got a few new ones. This past week and a half in PE we've been doing physical fitness training. I usually get in the top five in most of these. Those in the top 5 of the class get their names posted on the wall and a free soda or whatever. I'm very competitive, which pushes me to want to beat the others.I'll give a list of my current stats for the excersizes i'm trying to improve in. Those in parenthesis are the goals, just 1 above the highest in the school.

Pushups in 1 minute: 51.(81)
Situps in 1 minute: 53(85)
Standing Long Jump: 5'10"(8'5")
50 yard dash: 6.8 secs(5.7)
Mile: Haven't done yet, probably around 7 mins.(5:05)
Shuttle Run: Haven't done yet, somewhere around 11 secs.
Sit and reach: Not sure...

These are things I will be working towards on a weekly basis. I need to get a stopwatch. Hopefully bodybuilding will help on a lot of these. I will be doing some running to work on that mile time too. Starting tomorrow, the heat is on. Peace!

rookiebldr
09-09-2003, 11:05 PM
What they don't have a deadlift, benchpress or squat numbers to beat? By the time we're done, it won't be number pushups you'll be wanting to beat it'll be the number of plates on each of those lifts that will be important. ;) And tell them that the prize should be a protein drink. :D

Glad to see you're back at the journal. Keep it going and us posted on your progress. :)

JeffWillConquer
09-10-2003, 04:13 PM
Haha. Yeah rookiebldr...it's just a goal for the first semester of school. Sort of a side competition to help fuel my want to lift and all. Today is chest day, so i'm going to push extra hard. Yesterday I did tris, man am I feeling those. I'll post a full update later tonight.

JeffWillConquer
09-28-2003, 02:13 PM
Good lord these things are hard to keep up. Anyways, thanks to a PM from Bruteman, i've decided to bring this baby back...again. I don't wanna go starting a new journal every week, so i'll stick with this one.

Since the last time you saw me i've changed my mind about 342,993 times about what I want to do. I've finally decided i'm going to bulk from 155 to 180. My dad is really getting into it now, and he bought creatine and a bunch of stuff to make some damn tasty shakes with. My workouts have changed from weakness to low rep high weight. I haven't done cardio in about 2 or 3 weeks since my Hamstring injury. I haven't done abs because i'm a lazy mofo. Today is Bicep/tricep/abs day. I'll post the workout later when my dad gets home. Peace.

-Jeff.

JeffWillConquer
09-28-2003, 06:12 PM
9/28/03- Bi/Tri

Ooooowee. Today I feel the burn. Today I did a few excersizes I didn't know the names of, so bare with me and help me out here.

Biceps:
First was this excersize that I use the lat tower/pulldown machine on. I grab it like i'm doing a chinup, sit down and pull using my biceps as the key force. Anyways:
6X66
6X66
6X77
Probably could've done more weight, yet I felt the burn.

Concentration Curls:
6X20
6X30
6X30

Triceps:
Tricep pulldown/pressdown(whichever it is...):
6X66
6X66
6X77

Pullovers:
10X20
6X30
6X30

Concentration pullovers(?- one armed):
6X20
6X20

Today was nice overall workout. Feeling the burn. I really have to start counting my calories. I'm going to make a tuna sandwich and stuff for lunch tomorrow so I don't get lazy in the morning, not make it, and buy crappy school food. Should've done abs today, i'll incorporate em in tomorrow or the next day though. I'm not seriously worried about them since i'm bulking anyways. I'm wondering whether or not I should do any cardio. I think the lifting alone is enough for me, and I don't want to slow down my bulk. Another thing I have to decide is a time goal. 25 pounds is a lot, so i'll give myself a while. I'll come back tomorrow with another exciting post :). Peace.
-Jeff

eatdirt40
09-28-2003, 06:27 PM
nice tricep workout.. i suggest learning the names to the exercised though haha good job though man

JeffWillConquer
09-28-2003, 07:55 PM
Corrections: First tri excersize=Tricep Pushdowns
Last excersize= Tricep Extensions. Thank you very much :).
Thanks eatdirt.

Bruteman
09-29-2003, 06:51 AM
*note to self, send Jeff book w/excersize descriptions and names*

Nice session!

JeffWillConquer
10-05-2003, 01:22 PM
Man. Everytime I get this thing going something goes wrong. My mom has been in the hospital for the past week and a half so working out has been hard. My dad and I started back up yesterday though, and we both want to try this Russian Bench thing. We got supplies for shakes. Good lord are they good. I'm going to work out when dad gets home around 4 hours from now. Been trying to eat a lot. Studying excersize names :). Peace

JeffWillConquer
10-05-2003, 07:46 PM
10/5/03 - Back/Shoulders

Today was good nutritionally. The workout ended up pretty good too. I've concocted this banana/chocolate/pb/yogurt shake. Mmmm. I'm going to drink one every morning at school. Got a nice little mug thing for it too. w00t.

Lat Pulldowns-
4X88
6X77
Put on a little too much the first set. Pussed out I guess, probably could've done it.

Rear Lat Pulldowns-
6X77
6X77
My dad wanted to do these. I wanted to do military's. oh well.

Upright DB Rows-
6X30(each)
6X30
I'll probably start using the barbell for this one because the next step up in DB is 50's at my house, and that's a big ass step.

OH DB Presses-
6X30
6X30
Eh.

DB Shrugs
10X30
6X50
The 30s were a waste of time. 50's burned quite nicely.

Overall today was pretty good. I need to throw in some damn deadlifts. Can't wait to show off my shake at school tomorrow. Mmm mmm. I might make some egg salad, cause I love that stuff. It's also calorie high, which for the first time in my life, is a good thing. I want to get weighed on a good scale sometime soon. Feel free to drop by and keep my journal alive! Peace.
-Jeff

rookiebldr
10-05-2003, 08:38 PM
Will do. ;)

JeffWillConquer
10-06-2003, 05:21 PM
Today has been crap. Ever since I woke up at 5 and knew I wouldn't have time to make my shake or eat breakfast, the day was going to be bad no matter what. My dad doesn't feel like working out today, and I don't really either, so we'll get back to it tomorrow. Plus my mom comes home today hopefully, so tomorrow will be a good day. I have to start waking up the first time the alarm goes off. Ugh.

Scott S
10-06-2003, 06:05 PM
*sends mojo-healing power to Jeff's mom*

JeffWillConquer
10-06-2003, 06:50 PM
haha. Thanks. *steals mojo and uses for himself* Update: She's coming home tomorrow.

JeffWillConquer
10-06-2003, 06:55 PM
While i'm at it, i'd like to rant about how stupid doctors can be. Here's a story.
A few weeks ago my mom started having really really bad stomach pains. We took her to the doctor and waited about 3 hours before she even got in, regardless of the fact that it was an emergency room. She stayed till 10 at night having tests run on her, and they said it was "really bad gas"...stupid bastards.

2 days later she falls down and hurts her back, sending her to the hospital again. They run tests and find out that not only is her back hurt, she has some kind of bowel problem, that if she hadn't returned to the hospital she might've died from. So as much pain as the fall was, it saved her life. The thing that pisses me off the most though is that my mom has been in the hospital for 2 weeks because of something they couldn't find the first time. Someone should be fired/sued. Worst of all, it has thrown my BBing schedule out of whack! HOW DARE THEY?! haha. Anyways, i'll be back tomorrow with a work out.

JeffWillConquer
10-07-2003, 05:45 AM
I woke up to my alarm on time today. Woo hoo. I'm also eating breakfast, and have my shake ready, and I don't have to leave for an hour. Damn i'm good.

JeffWillConquer
10-10-2003, 10:37 AM
ugh. Life, can be crap. My mom is finally home and the family drama is finally over. I'm sure the hospital bill is going to make us go broke and i'll have to be lifting rocks from now on, but I will get big damnit. Anyways, i've got some extra time in journalism class while my teacher corrects my story, so i'm browsing the forums. Today there WILL be a workout. I don't care if my dad doesn't workout with me. i'll do safe excersizes that don't need spotters. Starting now it's on again. i'll never give up until I get there. I'll overcome. Why? Cause i'm a bodybuilder.

Bruteman
10-10-2003, 10:41 PM
That's what I like to hear!

Now, where is the workout dude? Don't make me come wup on ya to get it out of ya!

JeffWillConquer
10-19-2003, 05:35 PM
Sunday October 19th 2003- Gettin Back Into The Groove

Quote of The Day: "The only limits to the possibilities in your life tomorrow are the buts you use today. "- Les Brown

Today was nice. Real nice. For me, bodybuilding is sort of like deciding what to wear sometimes. I really need to make up my mind. I'm cutting now. Yes, pathetic, I know. Anyways, since yesterday i've been back on the calorie counting gig. Good thing fitday is around for me. Anyways, I got up, made some good bacon and decided to work out today. I was planning on just doing some cardio and light workouts for a while, but I don't see why I can't do heavy workouts.

I did 25ish minutes on the gazelle freestyle today while watching football. Should've done 45 at the pace I was going, but hey, i'm sort of outta shape now.

Deadlift:
6X88
6X88
6X110
6X110

Probably could've done more but eh, it's my first workout back. I'll tell you now, that I haven't gotten a routine together yet, as you will tell by the end of the post. Time is on my side.

Crunches:
20 +16
20 +16

Leg Lifts:

Those were really gay... I just wanted to see where I was at on deadlifts today. I got a tough workout anyways and ended up sweating at the end. My calories and protein are going pretty good today. I'll see you guys tomorrow. WORKING OUT!! YES!!! Peace.

John0101
10-19-2003, 07:33 PM
hey man good job, I wish I started lifting when I was 15

u bulking? eatup!

rookiebldr
10-19-2003, 10:07 PM
:withstupi

Hell, I wish I'd started when I was in my 20's!

JeffWillConquer
10-20-2003, 04:52 PM
Thanks for checkin in guys.

JeffWillConquer
10-20-2003, 05:35 PM
Monday, October 20th, 2003- Absent Minden

Quote Of The Day: "I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Today started off good. I woke up, made myself some cheerios, enjoyed it nicely. I put some chef boyardee in a container for lunch. I proceeded to groom myself and left for school like nothing. Third hour rolls around and i'm getting hungry, so I take a peep at my food and, IT'S NOT THERE! I left it on the friggin counter. This is when I realized it was going downhill. I had two choices. Buy some pizza and a powerade, or starve. So pizza and powerade it was. I didn't get a chance to count the calories, but in the end all way good.

So I get home and walk my dogs, since my 15 year old dog needs rehabilitating after her back legs went out. I came home and did some shoulder work...which wasn't too fun with my sore back from the deads of yesterday.

DB Overhead Press:
30(s)X6
30(s)X6

DB Lateral Raises:
10X6
10X6
I went really low weight on these because my right shoulder keeps popping on the way down. It's going away though.

DB Shrugs:
50(s)X6
30(s)X12
20(s)X12

Decided to experiment on the shrugs. I went down in weight and doubled the reps. Tried to do it again and could only do 12 with 20 pounds. I guess it was effective, and kind of fun. I could probably go in there tomorrow and do 200 with 20's...but I could only do 12 after that workout. HMMM.

Anyways. Today was mediocre overall, but at least it wasn't a step backwards. I'll be back tomorrow with a good day. Drop a line. peas- Jeff

rookiebldr
10-20-2003, 08:37 PM
If you lift then it can't be a step backwards. Keep at it, tomorrow is another day for lifting, eating and growing.

JeffWillConquer
10-21-2003, 04:27 PM
True, true.

JeffWillConquer
10-21-2003, 05:18 PM
Tuesday October 21st- P.E Is Great For Cardio

Quote of the Day: "Opportunities multiply as they are seized."
- Sun Tzu

Today was good. Got a few girls givin me looks and stuff, made me feel good. I think it's my haircut that I just got, and my unresistably sexy looks. Anyways, I got a good deal of cardio in PE Flag Football today. It was the game before the championships, and I was damn determined to win. You must know a few things about me first. I'm not the fastest guy in the school by far. In fact i'm not very fast at all. But i'm athletic, and I know a whole lot more than people at my school about football.

So the game starts, and i'm put as the WR on the left. They've got this white/asian guy with a fro covering me, and I knew he was expecting me to be slow. I did some stop n' go action, and ended up with about 3 catches including 2 TD's on him. So they put this other guy on me. Fastest guy in the school probably. First play, I fake the stop and go, come in for a short pass, he tries to get the INT and misses, causing yet another TD by Jeffsta. They try a zone defense next, which I easily destroy like no other. In the end we won 49 to 14, and I walked away with 4 TD's and a sack. For some reason coach didn't want me playing cornerback, so I was on the D-line causing problems with the QB every play.

I figure this is enough cardio as once the adrenaline of the game had gone away and I was in the locker room I felt like crap. Don't you love that feeling? Diet went great today. I actually brought my lunch today instead of leaving it on the counter. Go Jeff! I need a woman. But what's new? Maybe when i'm all buff-like they will be crawling to me. I decided to take a rest from weights today, but will be back at 'em tomorrow. Peace ez!
-Jeff

JeffWillConquer
10-21-2003, 05:21 PM
Just realized that I titled the entry before this "absent minden" ...wtf...mean't absent minded there :-)

JeffWillConquer
10-22-2003, 06:42 AM
Ahhh the sweet scent of the morning. Dad on the couch, so I can't watch TV, figured i'd stop by and see if anyone dropped in on mah journal. Nope, so back to page 2 it goes. Just spilled hawaiin punch on my chemistry book, that can't be good. For those that have seen bad boys 2 I will calm myself with a little "woosha, woosha" Peace.

Coke
10-22-2003, 06:57 AM
Good news, I guess you will conquer afterall, nice work on the field bro- :D

JeffWillConquer
10-22-2003, 10:28 AM
Thanks CoCoa, and damn straight I will conquer. I really want to do some leg work today, but without my dad there squats are most likely out of the question. If I can't think of enough excersizes i'll just do some tricep work today. Also going to do some cardio since I don't have a lot of homework tonight. I just ate some Doritos, but kept it down to one serving, so all is good.

JeffWillConquer
10-22-2003, 05:00 PM
Wednesday October 22nd 2003- Cardio On a Leg Day...Wait a second

Quote of the day:"A pint of sweat, saves a gallon of blood."
- General George S. Patton (1885-1945)

Today started off kind of bad. I woke up late and my dad was asleep on the couch, didn't want to wake him up eating breakfast/making lunch so I missed breakfast and was screwed for a healthy lunch. I ended up doing good, cept for the pizza my mom wants to order for dinner. In the beginning of the day I was thinking cardio...but after my leg workout I was thinking let's do some crunches and get on the computer to play some video games. Good news is, my dad is gonna start workin out with me again Tuesday, so squats are back baby.

Lunges:
4X20(s)
4X30(s)
4X50(s)
4X20(s)

Used the DBs today, because I don't have a lot of room to lunge with the bar unless I went to the garage.

Leg Extensions:
6X88
6X123
6X123
6X88

Eh...

Weighted Crunches:
20 +15
20 +15

I felt enough burn after those to call it quits.

There you have it. Diet was alright today, and with dinner i'll be somewhere around my calorie mark. Time to go play those video games I was talkin bout :) Peace.
-Jeff

JeffWillConquer
10-25-2003, 02:05 PM
Today is cardio day, fixed my diet after a date I went on last night. All is good. That's right, I said date. MWAHAHA.

ChampionLifter8
10-25-2003, 02:19 PM
nice job so far man keep up the good work

JeffWillConquer
10-25-2003, 05:17 PM
Thanks Champion. Will do.

JeffWillConquer
10-25-2003, 07:03 PM
Saturday October 25th, Hail To The PE Football King

Quote Of The Day: "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney (1901-1966)

Well I haven't posted in a few days, so i'll update you guys on what's gone down. Thursday was the PE football championships. I got 3 INT's, one for a TD, and two TD's as WR. After we won I was declared the PE football king by my peers and enjoyed a victory water bottle for free. I haven't worked out for a few days, basically been resting and getting my diet on track. I worked out teh titties today.

Flat BB Bench Press:
6X66
6X77
6X82
4X86
4X86

DB Flys:
6X20(s)
6X20(s)
6X30(s)

Yeah, wasn't a lot of excersizes today, but I felt good on the ones I did. Starting Monday my dad's going to join me and i'll be able to do more since I have a spotter. Proud of my benching though for being spotterless. Diet was good today. Meatloaf for dinner. Ack. Peace out. -Jeff

Coke
10-25-2003, 07:06 PM
Good work on the bench Jeff - ;)

JeffWillConquer
10-26-2003, 06:00 PM
Sunday October 26th- Who loves deadlifts? I do

Quote of the day: "He who hesitates is a damned fool."
- Mae West (1892-1980)

Another day, another deadlift PR. It's going to be like that for a while to, as i'm really tryin to find my limits on them. I've never done deadlifts before since about three weeks ago, so I don't know how much I can do yet. Soon i'll be there. I did some cardio today. I was going to do more than 15 minutes, but dinner finished as I was workin, so my mom kicked me off and made me eat. Anyways, I've decided to give deads a day to themselves because of the punishment they deliver.

Deadlifts:
6X86
6X100
4X111
4X122

Cardio:
15 minutes of medium intensity on the gazelle freestyle. Wanted to do 40 minutes, but got interrupted by food. Food ruins everything...damnit.

Anyways, that's about it for today weightlifting wise. I was talking to that girl I went out with last night most of the day, like a zombie. Men are sad. :(. Oh well...when i'm gettin some lovin, all will be good. Peace out. -Jeff

rookiebldr
10-26-2003, 06:08 PM
Deads rock! Keep at it, those are going to go sky high!

JeffWillConquer
10-26-2003, 07:32 PM
Thanks CoCoa, and rookiebldr. I appreciate the feedback.
I decided to do a little more before the night ended.

Weighted Crunches:
15 +20
15 +20
15 +20

As long as I can do three sets of 15 i'll keep movin up on the weight with the crunches.

Lying Leg Raises:

These burn man. Ouch. I really wanted to do more cardio, but i'll do some extra tomorrow. Diet was good, but I still need to lower the fat and raise the protein. I'm getting an assload of carbs, but in the end it's the calories that count, so i'm fine. Peace out.

ChampionLifter8
10-26-2003, 07:49 PM
jeff keep up all the good workouts and keep adding weight later

RuLess
10-27-2003, 04:12 AM
u need some squats.. but nice progress bro

JeffWillConquer
10-27-2003, 06:29 AM
I want to squat, but i'm waiting for my dad to squat me. He's been working night hours the past few weeks so he can't. He should be back this week though and i'll be squattin it up. Thanks ruless.

JeffWillConquer
10-28-2003, 10:37 AM
Just a small update here. I didn't update yesterday because all I did was about 50 mins of cardio playin basketball. Got a huge ass nasty blister on my foot, which is crap. My abs are still sore from those weighted crunches. I just sneezed and it hurt like hell. Diet is going good. Recovered fully from that day last week where I had 4 sodas. That was crap. Lifting with my dad today, probably bench. We're planning on doing that Russian Bench thing since we're both weak at bench right now. I'll do a full update tonight. Peace out.

cphafner
10-28-2003, 10:51 AM
Jeff, checking out the journal. I wish I had started lifting at 15. I didn't start until 17, and not properly until about 20. Good luck with your goals.

JeffWillConquer
10-28-2003, 04:24 PM
Thanks bruh. Yeah, I figured the earlier the better.

JeffWillConquer
11-01-2003, 11:55 AM
I've been busy the past couple days. Forgot what the word diet meant last night and ate lots of candy that I was supposed to be handing out to the kiddies. I found that my max bench was 115 yesterday, sad. But my dad and I are doing the russian bench starting today, so hopefully it goes up a lot. I'll have a full workout up tonight. Peace.

rookiebldr
11-01-2003, 04:04 PM
Tuttut on the candy. ;) But I bet it felt great!!!!! I know it did to me.

JeffWillConquer
11-01-2003, 07:41 PM
11/1/03- Post- Candy Pig Out

Quote Of The Day:"Do, or do not. There is no 'try'."
- Yoda ('The Empire Strikes Back')

Man did that candy give a refreshing boost of sugar. Anyways, I came into today a russian bench virgin. I found my max yesterday and did the calculations. Here goes day 1.

Bench Press:
2X88
2X88
2X88
2X88
2X88
2X88

There ya go. It's supposed to be 80% of your 1rep max. Tomorrow will be back and shoulders, and the next day will be 6X3 of 80%. Hopefully this will do wonders for my benching, cause it needs it. Anyways, i'm out.

JeffWillConquer
11-03-2003, 04:36 PM
Don't know why I didn't post my workout yesterday...was back and shoulder though. Anyways, today is day 2 of Russian Bench. Wish me luck.

Bruteman
11-07-2003, 09:57 PM
Good Luck!

JeffWillConquer
11-17-2003, 10:50 AM
After a few weeks of just totally messing around in everything, i've decided that I need to buckle down on all aspects of my life right now. School, weightlifting, practicing my instrument. I've got to stop doing things half-assed and sitting on the computer all day. I'm at school right now, but when I come home i'm going to come up with some sort of schedule so I can get all my homework and activities done and still get some computer or phone time. I'm still with the russian bench, and it's going great. I also finally convinced my dad that squats are worthy, and he loves em. So i'll be back later guys, peace out.

JeffWillConquer
12-14-2003, 04:09 PM
I'm back! Yay. Figured I would take some time to get my school work and stuff in order before I started posting in the journal again. Now that i'm done with that, a return is in order. Here's a rough draft of my bulking schedule right now.

Back/Bicep Day
BB Rows- 4 X 6-8
Bent Over BB Rows- 4 X 6-8
Pullovers- 4 X 6-8/ Deadlift 4 X 6-8
Concentration Curls 4 X 6-8

Shoulders/Tricep
Military Press 4 X 6-8
Wide Grip Pulldowns 4 X 6-8
DB Lateral Raises 4 X 6-8
Close Grip Bench 4 X 6-8
Tricep Pulldowns 4 X 6-8

Legs
Squats 4 X 6-8
Leg Extensions 4 X 6-8
Calf Raises 2 X 20

Chest
Russian Bench (for about 2 more weeks)

That's the workout routine. Pretty basic. Rough draft though. I put pullovers/deadlifts because my dad doesn't want to deadlift. He'll learn someday. Then we've got my diet plan.

Bulking Diet Plan: Calories
Big Bowl of Frosted Mini-wheats 659
Bagel w/ cream cheese 246
Peanut Butter and jelly Sandwich 331
PB & J sandwich #2 331
Ramen Package 296
2 glasses of milk 300
Workout Shake Approx 500-800
Dinner Approx 1000
Total: Approx 3513

I realized i've got some miscalculations on it. I'm going to be fixing everything up in the next few days. Today is back/bi day when my dad gets home in a few. I'm gonna get the ingredients in the shake from him so I can get the exact calorie count. I also realized I need to impliment eggs in there. So i'm gonna be replacing cream cheese on the bagel with a bagel/egg sandwich. Any comments or suggestions would be great. I'll come back with how the workout went later. Sorry for the shakiness of my journal guys...I don't want to be one of those guys that starts a million journals. But I don't want to have one on page 4 for the rest of my time here either. I also wrote out some goals.
- Go up to 180 pounds by Summer Vacation (June)
- Bench my own weight by that time
- Squat my own weight
- Continue bulking to 200 during junior year.
- Get into the 2/3/4 club sometime next year(Bench:200+ Squat:300+ Deadlift: 400+)
Need to fix the one in my sig real quick. Alright then, peace out till later!

JeffWillConquer
12-14-2003, 06:57 PM
Sunday, December 14th- Back/Bicep(Gettin back into the groove)

Today I decided I would write down my routine, fine tune some things, and get this journal going again as I did best before when I was writing in it. I started that routine today. Didn't start the diet today as I wrote it out in mid-day. Already packed my lunch for tomorrow, and i'm sensing a good day! Let me give you the sad sad lifts...though I felt the burn.

BB Rows
6X66
6X66
6X66
6X66
Haven't done rows in a long time. I finished them all successfully, so i'll be moving up next workout.

Bent over BB Rows:
6X111
6X101
6X101
6X101
Same situation as the upright rows. I tried 111 the first time and it was really hard, so I went down. I'll be moving up next week though.

Deadlifts:
6X101
6X111
6X111
6X111
Again...testing my range. Will be moving up a lot next week, although my grip was tested a lot by now.

[B]Bicep Pulldowns(I believe)[B/]:
I'm in between on the curls right now. We have 30's and 50's, and I would use around 40's. So we used the pulldown bar and did somewhat like a chinup, but pulling the bar down instead of going up. I've found it works my biceps nicely.
6X66
6X66
6X66
6X66

Overall, today was a good workout. Completed my goal on each excersize but the bent over rows. I'll be moving up on everything next week. Tomorrow is the first day of my REAL bulk diet, and bench day. Until then, peace out!

pruneman
12-14-2003, 07:48 PM
Hey JWC. Back/bi day is lookin real good. I'm looking forward to following your bulking. Only suggestion i have for the meal plan is that you might want to ditch the ramen noodles. They're really high in sodium and aren't all that great of a carb source. I know you are really young and you just need to focus on eating alot of calories, but you may want to throw in some yams as a better source of complex carbs. Just an idea though. Also try to get some protein before bed. I eat a cup of cottage cheese before bed. It contains casein protein which is absorbed slowly over a 6-8 hr period, making it ideal for before prolonged fasting times such as sleeping.

Anyhow...best of luck with the goals :D

JeffWillConquer
12-14-2003, 09:12 PM
Actually, I had my mom buy cottage cheese a while ago and i haven't touched it yet. I was just basically throwin the ramen in there as an afterschool snack to boost calories. But I found that my peanut butter is more calories than i thought, so I can take off the ramen. I'll try cottage cheese at night. Hopefully I like the taste of it. Heard it was good with PB. We'll see. Thanks for the input pruneman. Hopefully my bulk is a successful one. About the yams. Do they take long to cook? Or are we talkin canned yams? I know baked potatoes take a while unless you microwave them. I love the taste of yams though.

JeffWillConquer
12-15-2003, 10:44 AM
I really have to get used to eating good amounts of food at 5 in the morning. I barely finished my bowl of mini wheats and I didn't eat the bagel. Instead I made it up with some chips at school. It's ok, lesson learned. Wake up earlier and you won't be so tired while eating jackarse! Today's a tough day in Russian bench. It's taking what was my 100% max when I first started and doing 2 sets of 2. If i'm successful, i'll be a happy man. I can't wait till the end of next week when I see the final results, being my new max. i'll keep you guys posted. Hopefully I can keep the diet in line tonight. Roast pork and potatoes for dinner...MMMM. Anyways, time to go do some school work.

pruneman
12-15-2003, 04:33 PM
you can microwave the yams...takes about 3-5min. They're not quite as good as if you cook them in the oven but they're still pretty tasty. There are lots of good ways to flavor cottage cheese if you don't like the taste...sugarfree jello mix, splenda, or SF jelly. Oh yeah...yams are also good sprinkled with a little splenda.

JeffWillConquer
12-15-2003, 04:33 PM
Adding things up. Looks like i'm going to have to eat some cookies to meet my calorie mark. DARN! Haha..mmmm. Shout out to all you cutters...*evil laugh*

JeffWillConquer
12-15-2003, 05:19 PM
Couldn't work out today. :( Dad decided he wanted to go gamble before I got home from school. That's a downfall of living in Vegas. Anyways, although I didn't eat what I planned, I ended up getting the calories needed today. Ya learn something every day though, and i'll have it augmented to perfection in the next week or two. I thought of an idea that sounded good. Along with monitoring daily calories i'm going to set a weekly goal. That way if I mess up one day I can always save myself by the end of the week. So if I do my 3,500 cals a day times 7 days in a week I get 24,500. Today I got 3500. Woop woop. Anyways, i'll see you all tomorrow with a workout and i'll post my whole diet(improved). Peace!

Bruteman
12-15-2003, 06:34 PM
Guess I got board :p . The wife is sleeping, kid's sleeping and it's only 8:30. Figured I'd brouse the boards a little.

Bah! Lift without your dad. He obviously doesn't appreciate the fine art of deadlifts and squats anyways. You need to come up with some alternate lifts to do for when he's not there to spot you. Good luck with the goals bro'!

JeffWillConquer
12-15-2003, 07:54 PM
Normally I would have, but it was bench day. Droppin the bar on my chest is something i'm not looking forward to anytime soon. Thanks for stoppin by. We'll continue tommorrow. I needed the rest anyways, soreness and stress are takin their toll. I need to get a full 8 hours sleep tonight.

rookiebldr
12-15-2003, 08:00 PM
But glad to see you're back to posting on the site, dude. On the back routine, the pull downs are great as your third back exercise and they will (with a curl grip) work the biceps but they should be working your back primarily. You could add in a barbell curl to finish off the routine. Just a thought. :)

JeffWillConquer
12-15-2003, 08:26 PM
I see I see. Will do. Thanks buddy.

JeffWillConquer
12-16-2003, 06:22 AM
Woke up on time. Woop woop.

JeffWillConquer
12-19-2003, 10:01 AM
Haven't posted anything in a few days. Basically there's been nothing to post. I haven't had a chance to work out but one time. It was just the benching though. I've been eating everything in sight, but I haven't had time to count every day. Winter break starts tomorrow and i'll sure be eating good for the next two weeks. I don't know if i've gained any weight yet, I'll weigh myself Sunday. We don't have the best scale, and it's hard to read from the standing view. My mom says it's 5 pounds light. Anyways. Peace out till later.

JeffWillConquer
12-19-2003, 04:56 PM
Friday, December 19th- HALLELUJAH SCHOOL IS OUT!

Praise the lord. Two weeks of freedom. I know I will be getting loads of sleep and hours of video gaming time. Woop woop. Plus, my workouts and diet will both be kickin. Speaking of workouts, today was...*dun dun dun*

Leg Day. The day that sends even grown men running to the curling section of the gym. My leg day wasn't as great as expected, but i'll give it to you anyways.

Squats:
6X101
6X101
6X101
No biggie here. Still moving up in weight each week and trying to get used to the movement and all. Small story. My dad, he tends to be a pretty badass guy. He doesn't take s**t from people and he's really cool. Squats though, make my dad turn into a little schoolgirl. "It's just not safe...I don't like them"...go readjust your panties damnit. Last week I almost fell down three times in one set. What did I do? FIXED MY STANCE AND KEPT ON SQUATTING! Maybe he wants to stay at his strength forever. I want to turn heads at my amazing physique. So I went to get a refill on my water after my third set and I came back and he had re-set up the bench and lowered the bar back to benching-height. I couldn't do my fourth set because of that focker. Next week i'll just squat by my own damn self. [/rant]

Leg Extensions:
6X121
6X151
6X151
6X121
Ouch. Plain and simple.

Calf Raises:
Didn't do them. What can I say? I hereby declare to everyone that my next leg day will be good.

Summary: Well I got pr's on everything, if it means anything. I feel a hell of a burn. My diet wasn't great today, but my mom's making a bomb pasta dinner and i'm gonig to eat whatever's in the pan after I eat mine and finish what she can't eat of hers. Might go raiding the fridge after that. Food is your friend. I hope i'm gaining weight. This girl called me hot today. Fourth time this week. I'm on fire baby. Peace!

Bruteman
12-19-2003, 07:57 PM
The boy is becoming a man I tell ya'! Next time he adjusts the bench pick him up over your shoulders and squat with him! Set him down then say, "ok, now I'm done." :D

JeffWillConquer
12-19-2003, 08:54 PM
haha. And for the record, he doesn't even go down far. I'm sittin here tryin to go ATF and he looks like he's doin some Richard Simmonds stuff. Oh well. I'll just look at him in a few years and go "should've kept squatting".

rookiebldr
12-19-2003, 09:24 PM
The boy is becoming a man I tell ya'! Next time he adjusts the bench pick him up over your shoulders and squat with him! Set him down then say, "ok, now I'm done." :D

ROFL, priceless!

See Jeff, you'll soon be doing your workouts on your time, but occasionally <flex> near your dad so he sees the difference. :evillaugh

JeffWillConquer
12-19-2003, 10:07 PM
Yeah. I'll show him. I'll show them all! MWAHAH!...ok i'll stop.

pruneman
12-20-2003, 07:26 AM
No biggie here. Still moving up in weight each week and trying to get used to the movement and all. Small story. My dad, he tends to be a pretty badass guy. He doesn't take s**t from people and he's really cool. Squats though, make my dad turn into a little schoolgirl. "It's just not safe...I don't like them"...go readjust your panties damnit. Last week I almost fell down three times in one set. What did I do? FIXED MY STANCE AND KEPT ON SQUATTING! Maybe he wants to stay at his strength forever. I want to turn heads at my amazing physique. So I went to get a refill on my water after my third set and I came back and he had re-set up the bench and lowered the bar back to benching-height. I couldn't do my fourth set because of that focker. Next week i'll just squat by my own damn self.

That is the attitude that will build big squats :thumbup:

JeffWillConquer
12-20-2003, 12:09 PM
Pruneman:Thanks for stopping by. And yes, I will have big squats someday. They will be so big I will have to squat the whole gym, including the fat guys on the treadmills.

My mom taught me how to make omelette's this morning. Holy crap those are easier than I thought. My new breakfast is going to be a 2 egg, 2 slice of ham, and cheese omelette. Along with a bowl of cereal. I'm trying to make breakfast my biggest meal of the day, so I've gotta go find the cals on that meal. Alrighty, i'm out. Russian bench today. Can't wait to see if I can put up 2 sets of 2 reps of what my old max was.

JeffWillConquer
12-20-2003, 01:13 PM
I'm about to go buy my 2 best friends their christmas gifts. One of them complains about how he doesn't have enough weight. The other one only has one of those squiggly curling bars and he tries to bench with it. Imagine squatting with that thing :(. I'm buying both of them some nice weights and one a bar. I'm such a nice guy, giving the wonderful art of bodybuilding to the world. Hopefully I can get them to read some stuff around here.

JeffWillConquer
12-20-2003, 05:38 PM
Couldn't work out today. It was bench day today doin heavy bench and my dad didn't want to. Seriously dude, wtf is up with this guy? Anyways, I could use the rest as my legs are sore anyways. We went to sports chalet to get my friends their presents. I asked the guy if they had a dip machine there and they only had this big ol' machine where you can do a lot of stuff that I don't need. He proceeded to ask me if I boxed. I told him no. He asked if my friend boxed, and asked me again if I boxed. I was wonderin wtf he was talking about. I guess people assume that if you lift weights it's for boxing purposes. Odd...anyways. I'm disappointed today. Overall today sucked. Peace out everyone.

Bruteman
12-20-2003, 06:09 PM
Couldn't work out today. It was bench day today doin heavy bench and my dad didn't want to. Seriously dude, wtf is up with this guy? Anyways, I could use the rest as my legs are sore anyways. We went to sports chalet to get my friends their presents. I asked the guy if they had a dip machine there and they only had this big ol' machine where you can do a lot of stuff that I don't need. He proceeded to ask me if I boxed. I told him no. He asked if my friend boxed, and asked me again if I boxed. I was wonderin wtf he was talking about. I guess people assume that if you lift weights it's for boxing purposes. Odd...anyways. I'm disappointed today. Overall today sucked. Peace out everyone.

That is sort of odd. If you check out some of the boxing forums and go to different boxing gyms you'll find most don't lift yet. I'm usually the oddball that does lift. I've actually had to explain what sets and reps were to people at the boxing gym.

JeffWillConquer
12-20-2003, 07:10 PM
That's what I was thinking. I wish I boxed. :(. At least i'd have a punching bag to hit instead of sitting here and listening to my parents bitch at each other. I watched Indiana get slaughtered by Kentucky today. Ouch. Watched Mike Vick "the spoiler" end the Buc's chances of getting in. w00t. And I watched KC get beat, giving the Broncos more hope. w00t again. My all time favorite the 49ers are out of it. They suck this year. I'm waiting on Dorsey to be the next big QB, but it doesn't look like Garcia's leaving anytime soon. Anyways, today was boring. I need food. Peace out.

Bruteman
12-20-2003, 10:57 PM
I watched my hometown team loose there first game in like 4years I think. Mount Union was on ESPN2 and they lost in the Div 3 title game. They are the 2time defending champs I believe and the last game they lost was in the Div title a few years back. They are awesome! It's wierd seeing them loose.

JeffWillConquer
12-21-2003, 10:22 AM
Yeah, I think I heard about that. My favorite NBA team(the magic) sucks this year too. Anyways. I'm debating what to make for breakfast. I can either make a)sausage and egg on toast samich. b)omelette(new found love) or c) cereal. Choices choices. I need to get some food in my stomach though, that's for sure.

JeffWillConquer
12-21-2003, 06:11 PM
12/21/03- Bench Day

Sleep-
Was good last night. Somewhere around 9 or 10 hours. Praise the lord for Christmas vacation.

Water-
Not nearly enough. Maybe 1 quart by now. I'm going to be drinking it down the rest of the night to get to a gallon.

Diet-

M1- Egg/Ham/Cheese Omelette- 582 cals
Snack- Grapes- 227 cals
M2- Bagel w/ Cream cheese- 265 cals
M3- Beef flavored ramen noodles(I know, I know)- 380
Snack- Canned Peaches- 104 cals
Snack- 2 Snyder's of Hanover large sourdough pretzels- 200 cals
M4- Pork Chop- 287 cals
M4- Rice a Roni- 280 cals

This is all i've eaten today. Eek. I ate so much and yet i'm still so far from 3500. I'll have a pb and j samich with some milk before bed, hopefully that will get me up close. Bah.

Training:

Bench Press: 2X2 of 115
SUCCESS!!! Yessuh. If you look in my signature you will notice that my 1RM up to this date was 115. I busted through it with not much trouble. For the record, my dad was successful too. We can both tell that the whole "gain 50 pounds" thing isn't going to hold true. Regardless, i've made gains and i'm happy. Looking forward to shoulder and tri day tomorrow. Woop.

Overall: I'd give myself an 8 today. Not really a hard workout, so there wasn't much to say about it. Diet will be good by the end of the night. I NEED TO DRINK MORE WATER! Anyways, my 49ers somehow beat the Eagles today, w00t. I'm out. Peace.

JeffWillConquer
12-21-2003, 10:01 PM
I ended up having peas, a pepsi, chocolate milk, and a pb and j samich and still only got 3000 calories. THA FOCK!?! *raids fridge*

JeffWillConquer
12-21-2003, 10:22 PM
Ahhhh, and 3500 is mine. *sigh of relief* And the broncos won. w00t.

rookiebldr
12-21-2003, 10:24 PM
lol, eat more you're bulking now. Nice sleeping Jeff and congrats on the 2x115. w00t!

btw, ;)

JeffWillConquer
12-21-2003, 10:28 PM
*covers crotch* Thanks for the congrats. *run*

JeffWillConquer
12-22-2003, 11:00 AM
The agenda for today includes...recieving my xmas present from my friend, and hopefully getting a haircut. I've been needing a haircut for about...a month now. I hate having long hair, it's crap. If the barber shop wasn't closed on monday I'd walk there myself, risking doing too much cardio to sustain weight. Anyways, today is shoulder/tris, yayyy.

rookiebldr
12-22-2003, 11:02 AM
Just eat more to make up for the cardio. :)

JeffWillConquer
12-22-2003, 11:37 AM
Sticking with the big breakfast craze, I just racked in 921 calories in one meal. That was one huge breakfast. I'm hungry...

JeffWillConquer
12-23-2003, 09:07 AM
Yesterday was teh suck, so I didn't even post. I was doing my bent over rows but I was jerking too much. By the time I got to deadlifts my back hurt so I stopped to prevent injuries. I'm gonna have to go lighter and work my way up on those. Don't know if I can work out today. Ugh. We'll see how things go.

JeffWillConquer
12-24-2003, 12:48 PM
The suckiness continues. At least it's almost Christmas. I've got to play my viola in front of all my mom's friends at a party tonight. Ugh. There better be some people my age there. Hot girls would be good...

JeffWillConquer
12-24-2003, 10:09 PM
I hereby would like to thank all Italian people for being such good cooks. Anyways, I ate about 3 billion calories tonight and gorged myself and now my stomach aches. Merry Christmas everybody, i'm workin out tomorrow!

JeffWillConquer
12-25-2003, 05:20 PM
Been about 4 days since a workout now. Haven't been counting cals either. I suck. Anyways, I hereby state that tomorrow I will work out AND count calories or I shall never post in this journal again.

clvmike19
12-25-2003, 06:16 PM
Good luck on the bulk man. Any hunnies at that party? :D

JeffWillConquer
12-25-2003, 07:41 PM
Thanks for stopping by. And for the record, no. There was this one girl that was HELLA fine that was supposed to be there, but she didn't show up. Damn. Oh well. And thanks for the luck.

JeffWillConquer
12-25-2003, 07:41 PM
Thanks for stopping by. And for the record, no. There was this one girl that was HELLA fine that was supposed to be there, but she didn't show up. Damn. Oh well. And thanks for the luck.

JeffWillConquer
12-25-2003, 07:42 PM

JeffWillConquer
12-25-2003, 07:42 PM

JeffWillConquer
12-25-2003, 07:54 PM
how the **** did that happen? ^

clvmike19
12-25-2003, 08:32 PM
Im not sure...but at 15 and 155 you have a good base. I think I was like 125 at 15! Im just not 159-160......on teh constant bulk. Of course as soon as I reach 160 I got sick. I think that chick gave me teh clap!

JeffWillConquer
12-25-2003, 08:38 PM
lol, that sucks.

JeffWillConquer
12-26-2003, 12:06 PM
Gotta count my calories. Gotta eat 3500. MUST COUNT JEFFREY! Ok...just checkin in to let you all know i'm still sane.

JeffWillConquer
12-26-2003, 03:54 PM
Figured i'd drop by and give everyone a little pre-workout rant about Cox communications. So we got another comp for my dad's business. He wants the internet on it so the guy said just to get a router and have cox high speed on both. We buy the router and come home. So i'm sitting here today, thinkin it would be easy stuff since I'm pretty good with comps. After about 10 minutes I had it all set up and installed and didn't get net on either comp. so i called cox and after waitin on hold for 30 mins the lady explains to me for 20 minutes how to hook back the old modem(NO CRAP LADY). So I said, "ok, now how do I set up the router to work?" and she said "oh, you have to call the company who made the router for that". :bang: :swear: Anyways, I got tired and i'll call the damn company tomorrow. I've got some more eating and lifting to do.

Focused70
12-26-2003, 04:23 PM
JeffWC -- The first rule of Computer Club is that customer service (unless you're talking about Dell or similar company) SUCKS EGGS. Can't help it, 'tis the nature of the beast.

Good luck on the calorie count, altho you don't really need it. God, I wish I was 15 again. =P =)

Soba

JeffWillConquer
12-26-2003, 04:36 PM
Heh, thanks for stopping by Soba. I'm just counting the calories to make sure. I used to eat everything in sight and get nowhere. I estimated a lot and I finally added up what I was eating and it was actually around 2000, which is pretty low. Being 15 has it's downsides too though...anyways, i've got food to eat. Bye.

JeffWillConquer
12-26-2003, 05:42 PM
12/26/03- Light Bench Day

Sleep:
Plenty of sleep last night. Probably something around 9 hours. I like sleep, what can I say? Without school, i'm making up for lots of it.

Diet:
M1: Ham on a roll
Snack: Peanut butter sandwich
Snack: 2.5 cups chocolate milk(mmm)
M2: Bagel w/ cream cheese, 1 package Ramen noodles
m3: haven't had yet
m4: haven't had yet.
With these things and the soda and juice I had, it adds up to about 2200 cals so far. I've got another 1300 to go before sleep, but it shouldn't be at problem since I haven't eaten dinner yet. According to fitday it's only 15% protein. Definitely need to work on that.

Training:
Bench Press-
2X88
2X88
2X88
2X88
2X88
2X88
Good lord this is easy. I don't know what the point of this being in the routine is, but I didn't make up the russian bench routine so i'm just going to assume it's for a reason. Tomorrow is going to be a hard workout, first one in a week or so.

Comments:
Today was a pretty boring day. Had the whole run-in with Cox communications, but other than that nothing really happened. Tomorrow i'm supposed to be getting some new clothes and madden 04 for the pc. Knowing my mom, she'll get lazy and say "can't we do it tomorrow?" Oh well, not everybody has the bodybuilder's discipline. Peace out guys.

JeffWillConquer
12-26-2003, 07:38 PM
Turns out I ended getting all my calories, and i'm still hungry. What shall I do you say? EAT!

Coke
12-26-2003, 11:01 PM
...You are off to a great start - keep up the good work!

JeffWillConquer
12-26-2003, 11:22 PM
Thanks a lot bro. Will do.

Saint Patrick
12-26-2003, 11:41 PM
Comments:
Today was a pretty boring day. Had the whole run-in with Cox communications, but other than that nothing really happened. [/SIZE]

LOL I work in customer service for a Cable company. Let me guess - they messed up your bill?

aka23
12-27-2003, 03:29 PM
Bench Press-
2X88
2X88
2X88
2X88
2X88
2X88
Good lord this is easy. I don't know what the point of this being in the routine is, but I didn't make up the russian bench routine so i'm just going to assume it's for a reason. Tomorrow is going to be a hard workout, first one in a week or so.

If I understand the routine correctly (http://freespace.virgin.net/jamie.k/russian.htm), the basic idea is you bench press 3 days per week, while toggling between hard and easy workouts. The easy workouts are part of the routine because going hard each time could lead to overtraining at that frequency. These lighter, active recovery, feeder type workouts may offer some benefit by improving recovery, improving form, getting your body used to a higher volume, techinique improvements, minor strength/speed improvements, as well as giving you a chance to work other body parts with little interference.

I am interested to see how this unique approach works out for you. I hope you are successful.

JeffWillConquer
12-28-2003, 03:50 PM
Couldn't work out yesterday because I stayed over at a friend's house. Another small bump in the road. In an attempt to eat a bit cleaner I am going to take any soda and most fluids other than milk and water out of my diet for a while. If I need the calories, then I will add them in. I also want to impliment more eggs, and hopefully cottage cheese. Later today i'm going to post my workout.

St.P- Actually, if you look up a bit I put the story. It wasn't anything as serious as bill problems, thankfully. Thanks for stopping by.

Aka23- Yeah, that's pretty much the plan Aka. So far the only progress I am sure of is that my bench when I started was 115, and I complete 2 sets of 2 reps each for 115 a few days ago. Tomorrow I am supposed to do 105% of my max, which is 120. This shouldn't be a problem. However, the downfall of the program is that it promises 50 pounds in 6 weeks, which I can already tell isn't going to happen. I'm hoping for 20 or 30 though. Thanks for the comments though.

aka23
12-28-2003, 04:43 PM
Aka23- Yeah, that's pretty much the plan Aka. So far the only progress I am sure of is that my bench when I started was 115, and I complete 2 sets of 2 reps each for 115 a few days ago. Tomorrow I am supposed to do 105% of my max, which is 120. This shouldn't be a problem. However, the downfall of the program is that it promises 50 pounds in 6 weeks, which I can already tell isn't going to happen. I'm hoping for 20 or 30 though. Thanks for the comments though.

I suspect the 50lb gain is an exaggeration. The link I provided said

"This is a six week cycle for the squat (though it can be applied to the other lifts - see later), training three times a week, aiming to increase your 1 rep max (1RM) by 5%."

I have also seen it listed as 5-10%. One would need to have an initial bench press of 1,000lb for 5% to be 50lb. One would need to have an initial bench of 500lb for 10% to be 50lb.

JeffWillConquer
12-28-2003, 04:46 PM
http://www.vcs.fayette.k12.il.us/VCHS/academic/pe/weights/russian.html <--- That's the one I used. Oh well, is a 5% increase in 6 weeks pretty good anyways? I was thinking about repeating the program to see if it gives the same results a second time and it doesn't hinder any of my other day's lifting. I've also seen some nice results in my chest.

JeffWillConquer
12-28-2003, 05:49 PM
12/28/03- Shoulders And Triceps

Sleep:
- About 7 hours. I spent the night at my friends house and stayed up late, but woke up early.

Diet:
- Didn't record the foods. Yeah, I know. Beat me with a spoon. Ate a lot of food though, so maybe i'll end up close to my goal.

Training:
- Ahhh, finally a good hard workout that wasn't full of flat bench press.

DB Shrugs:
30's X 6
50's X 6
50's X 6
50's X 6

Wide-Grip Pulldowns:
66 X 6
66 X 6
66 X 6
66 X 6

Front DB Raises:
- Was planning on doing lateral raises, but didn't have a weight that fit right for me. So I put both of my hands on one dumbell and did front raises nice and slowly. Felt the burn.
30 X 6
30 X 6
30 X 6
30 X 6

Close Grip Bench Press:
88 X 6
88 X 6
88 X 6
93 X 6 (PR)
- Got a personal best on the close grips. Moving up again next week.

Tricep Pulldowns:
66 X 6
66 X 6
66 X 6
66 X 6

Comments:
- Overall, good workout. Took approx. 40 minutes. Everything will be moving up next week. Didn't want to move up this week because it's the first time i've monitored my shoulder and tri workout for a while so I wanted to find some good starting numbers so I can track my progress. Tomorrow i've got to write down my calories and eat a bit cleaner than usual. Anyways, i'm out. See ya.

rookiebldr
12-28-2003, 08:45 PM
Ace work on the shoulders and triceps. :)

JeffWillConquer
12-28-2003, 08:48 PM
Rookie, you're back to my journal. yay. Thanks for coming by. I've been reading yours too. And yes, I am Ace...

rookiebldr
12-28-2003, 08:51 PM
I've been away for a few days and although I don't alway post I still read.

And yes, you are ace. :eek:

Coke
12-29-2003, 08:03 AM
Nice session, you will cause a stir at school come about May bro - ;) ...carry on mang - :D

JeffWillConquer
12-29-2003, 11:14 AM
I hope so CoCoa. On a side note, I really want to get weighed on a scale that isn't crap like the one we have. I think i've gone over 160 by now.

JeffWillConquer
12-29-2003, 05:54 PM
12/29/03 - Finding my new Max Bench.

Sleep -
- Pretty good sleep last night. Approx. 8 hours or more. Have I ever told you guys how much I love sleep?

Diet -
M1: Bagel w/ Cream cheese & bowl of Honey Bunches of Oats cereal & glass of juice.
Snack: Chocolate milk
M2: 10 Pot Stickers(mmm)
Snack: cup of Grapes
M3: Haven't had yet.
M4: Haven't had yet.

- Much better than yesterday. Low on calories however, but i'll make that up by the end of the night. Mom's making a really good dinner tonight. If all else fails there's plenty of milk in the refridgerator.

Training -

Maxing Bench Press:
Warmup - 3 X 88
Warmup 2 X 88
1 X 120
1 X 126
1 X 133
1 X 138(Miss)

- So the final verdict is in. I went from 115 to 133. I'm happy with the gain, but I think we're(my dad and I) going to try again with our new maxes and see what happens.

Comments -
- Today was a pretty lazy day. However, the benching was good. I'm going to set some goals with my other lifts tomorrow that will be geared towards summer. I need to buy some whey with my X-mas money. Deciding if I want vanilla or chocolate, but most likely chocolate. I still need to weigh myself. I wonder how much a good scale would cost. I'll find out. That's about it. Tomorrow is leg day if we work out, see ya then!

rookiebldr
12-29-2003, 07:28 PM
Good work on getting the new max bench. :)

As for the scale, it should just be relative. Although the old one may be misleading vs your actual weight, you've been measuring your progress against it so I'd keep the money and use it on more protein/food. Just my 2 cents worth. ;) Keep progressing and add another pound this week. :)

Focused70
12-29-2003, 07:32 PM
Pounds are good. =P

Soba

aka23
12-29-2003, 08:07 PM
Nice work with the bench press. A 16% improvement in 6 weeks is excellent.

Department store scales like the type you might buy at Walmart or Target usually range from about $15 to about $70. More precise digital scales start at about $30. I agree with rookiebldr about the importance of consistent measures (using same scale under same conditions).

JeffWillConquer
12-29-2003, 08:09 PM
That sounds like a good idea Rookie and Aka, i'll probably stick with the one i've got. According to that one i'm 160 now. w00t. Thanks for stoppin by everyone. I didn't forget you either Soba. Peace.

rookiebldr
12-29-2003, 09:40 PM
w00t! 160 ace. update your sig, dude. Rejoice, you are only 20lbs away.

JeffWillConquer
12-31-2003, 10:47 AM
Didn't update yesterday due to it being an off day. Expect a workout today.

Bruteman
12-31-2003, 02:27 PM
We be expectin' a workout every day d@mnit! :p

Nice job getting up to 160 :thumbup: It's all about the little steps when it comes to gettin' bigger.

JeffWillConquer
12-31-2003, 02:35 PM
Yes, yes it is. There will be a workout today d@mnit! People these days...:p

JeffWillConquer
01-01-2004, 11:25 AM
*YESTERDAY*
12/31/03- Back Day

Sleep:
- Good, as usual.

Diet:
- Also good. I don't remember exactly what I ate yesterday, but it was good.

Training:

Upright Rows:
6X77
6X77
6X77
6X77(PR)
- This is highest i've done on rows. I'll move up again next week.

Bent Over Rows:
6X111
6X111
6X111
6X111(pr)
-First time I completed the four sets of 111. Moving up again next week.

Deadlifts:
6X121
6X121
6X121
6X121(PR)
-What's that you say? PR's across the board? Yes, i'm da man.

Comments:
- Good day. I didn't track down the end of the diet because I had panda express. I ate a lot of it though, so i'm sure I made it over 3500. I don't think I can work out today because my dad is going to be gone. Anyways, i'm out. Peace! Oh, hopefully these PR's can keep coming.

JeffWillConquer
01-01-2004, 11:55 AM
I am very sore now :(.

aka23
01-01-2004, 01:42 PM
Nice work with all the PRs. I think of upright rows as more of a shoulder/traps exercise than a back exercise. The page at http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/DeltoidLateral/BBUprightRow.html goes into more detail into the muscles being used. Perhaps a pulldown/pullup/chinup or other exercise that emphasizes the lats (Latissimus Dorsi) would be a good substitute.

JeffWillConquer
01-01-2004, 03:50 PM
Yeah, I do feel it in my traps a lot. I'll probably move it to shoulder day and do wide grip pulldowns instead. Thanks for the help.

JeffWillConquer
01-02-2004, 05:21 PM
I don't feel like doing a long detailed post. But, i'll give the basics.

Russian Bench Session 2-
2 X 106
2 X 106
2 X 106
2 X 106
2 X 106
2 X 106
- Somewhat easy. Diet= teh good. I'm out. Peace.

Bruteman
01-02-2004, 06:01 PM
Nice job dude! Working out with close to your old max, for 6 sets! Awesome :thumbup:

JeffWillConquer
01-02-2004, 07:47 PM
Thanks brute.

PizDoff
01-02-2004, 08:29 PM
Omg Power On Baby Yeahhh!!!!!!!!

*runs Around Screaming!!!*

JeffWillConquer
01-02-2004, 08:58 PM

rookiebldr
01-04-2004, 12:03 AM

Bruteman
01-05-2004, 08:20 PM
:spam:

JeffWillConquer
01-06-2004, 07:23 PM
Heh. Anyways, small update today. Been working out, just too busy to post them here. Not like you guys missed out on much though. Today was shoulder/tri day.

Upright Rows-
6X82(PR)
6X82
6X82
6X82
- Though I completed these, I was jerking a little on the last two sets. I'm probably going to stay at this weight until I do it smoothly.

Dumbell Front Raises-
30 X 6
30 X 6
30 X 6
30 X 6
- These were good. Hard to move up from between a 30 and 50 pound dumbell. Probably going to use the bar next time, even though it's a 15 pound increase.

Wide-Grip Pulldowns-
6X77
6X77
6X77
2X77(ouch)
- I was just tired at the end and gave up after two reps. I'll stay at the weight next week and compelte the 4 sets.

Close Grip Bench-
6 X 99
6 X 99
6 X 99
4 X 99
- Kind of funny. I was dying to get the 5th rep up and I was pushing so hard and it wouldn't go up. My mom walked in right then. She already doesn't like the whole safety issue, and my dad wasn't helping me up yet cause he and I both wanted me to put that rep up. I was almost there, but I couldn't get it and she got all worried. I kind of felt natious(sp) after words, but shh, don't tell her. I was fried by this time and called the rest of the workout quits. Tomorrow is bench. Peace everyone!

Bruteman
01-06-2004, 07:34 PM
Nice session bro'! I promise I won't tell your mom about anything dude :p . Why were the pulldowns thrown in there, or did you mean pressdowns?

JeffWillConquer
01-06-2004, 07:40 PM
it's a back and shoulder excersize isn't it? If not...damn. Probably should've done militaries.

Bruteman
01-06-2004, 07:53 PM
Yeah, militaries would've been better. Pulldowns are mostly back and hit the rear delts only indirectly. That's ok though, I did cable rows for my biceps for the longest time, until I found out it was a back movement :p .

JeffWillConquer
01-07-2004, 06:28 AM
AHAHAHAHA ROWS FOR BICEP. Just kidding, i'm just mad that I made a mistake.

Bruteman
01-11-2004, 09:58 PM
:spam:

JeffWillConquer
01-13-2004, 06:12 PM
Tried to update earlier in the midst of the site being gay. Anyways, with exams and studying i've been tied down and couldn't post for a week or two. But, good news. I'm up to 167. Praise da lord. I worked out today, but I don't want to type it all out again, i'll put it with my workout tomorrow. I'm out, peace! And thank the lord for half days of school.

Coke
01-13-2004, 09:02 PM
lol, hope the Lord will keep them sessions on the agenda bro - j/k, Nice about the weight gains - :thumbup:

JeffWillConquer
01-20-2004, 06:08 PM
Ahh, a workout. I'm going to cut you guys the excuses, cause ****'s been somewhat hectic. But today featured...A workout. w00t. It's Russian Bench day, oh fo sho.

Bench Press:
5X106
5X106
5X106
5X106
5X106
5X106.
Yup, completion. Still haven't missed a beat on the routine. My dad couldn't finish for the first time today. He got to his last set of 5 and only did 3. I was really surprised, but I could tell he gave up during the second set when he was saying " I don't think so." This showed me how much the mentality factors in to it. I knew from the start I was going to do that ish. Anyways, I was sick for the past couple days. I haven't eaten a whole lot, so I might've lost a pound or two. Starting tomorrow i'll try counting calories for at least a week straight so I can monitor how much i'm eating. I need to wake up earlier instead of hitting the snooze button and rushing so I can make some breakfast. Alright, tomorrow's gonna be probably back and bicep day. Woo Doggy. Peace out everyone.

rookiebldr
01-20-2004, 06:29 PM
Too bad about the illness but glad to see you're back. Keep beating your dad and you'll be doing <doubleguns> in front of him. ;)

JeffWillConquer
01-20-2004, 06:49 PM
haha, and you know this man! I was thinking that if he doesn't shape up I might catch him on a lot of excersizes by the end of the year. PWNED.

Thuggin iMage
01-20-2004, 10:12 PM
My idol. Keep rollin' and instructin me dogg! I finally signed up fo' this board, too. I might start up mi' own journal :-) Well, holla back Jeff. Good lookin. Peace.

JeffWillConquer
01-21-2004, 10:16 AM
Thanks. That's my best friend up there, as you can see i'm spreading the Bodybuildin love and knowledge. I'm at school right now, didn't eat breakfast...damn. Lookin forward to a nice workout today. Peace.

Bruteman
01-21-2004, 03:55 PM
You're killing me man! Get your butt up in the morning and eat yourself an omlette or something. Gotz to get them calories in bro'!

JeffWillConquer
01-21-2004, 06:29 PM
I know. I know :(. I am teh suck some days. God as my witness, I will make a habit of waking up and eating breakfast. Along with getting straight A's. Dag nabbit...

Cage Effect
01-21-2004, 06:46 PM
Yo Jeff! I figured since I am takin some of your tips, I should come join you here. Good luck with the goal, and I will most likely start a journal of mah own

JeffWillConquer
01-21-2004, 07:01 PM
Once again, Jeff spreadin the BBin love. I'm gonna make everyone around me buff, damnit.

JeffWillConquer
01-23-2004, 10:50 AM
Once again I didn't eat breakfast. Arg. Working out today.

JeffWillConquer
01-23-2004, 06:10 PM
Friday, January 23rd, 2004- Shoulders/Triceps

Sleep: 7.5 hours. Nice.

Diet: Teh poopie. Didn't count, didn't eat breakfast. :bang: It's the weekend so I can start on the habit of wakin up and makin an omelette or cereal or whatever.

Training: Woot. Shoulders and Triceps.

Upright Rows:
6 X 88
5 X 88
5 X 88
4 X 88.
Pr's right there. I remember when I first started and couldn't do 66 for about 4 reps. Progression is beautiful.
DB Shrugs:
6 X 30's
6 X 50's
6 X 50's
6 X 50's
Easy. Moving up to somethin with the bar next week.
DB OH Presses:
6 X 30
6 X 30
6 X 30
6 X 30
Easy. It's hard moving up from 30's to 50's though, still thinkin bout the solution.
Close Grip Bench Press:
6 X 99
6 X 99
6 X 99
6 X 99
PR's all across again. I'm moving up in everything, it's great.

Comments: Overall i'd give my workout a B and my diet an F. Screw a diet man. :(. I'll be back on track tomorrow. Sleep is good as usual. Dinner is on it's way, maybe I can save myself before bedtime and get those 3,500 cals in. Peace out.

Bruteman
01-23-2004, 10:23 PM
Easy. It's hard moving up from 30's to 50's though, still thinkin bout the solution.

Maybe do your first set with the 50's, then the preceding sets with the 30's. Then once you can do one good set with them try doing a second and so on until all your sets are with the 50's.

JeffWillConquer
01-23-2004, 10:48 PM
w3rd.

JeffWillConquer
01-24-2004, 09:59 AM
I ate breakfast! WOOOP. Also, as a side note of bragging and such. I got my IOWA tests back the other day, which is a test that all schools around the country have to take to show how their school is doing. According to the paper I score better than 90% of the people who took the test. So i'm going to be the buff genius some day. Russian bench today...that's always fun. Actually it's getting quite boring. Two times is enough for me.

aka23
01-24-2004, 11:36 AM

Moving from 30lb to 50lb is quite a jump. That is a 67% increase in weight. One option would be to purchase a set of adjustable DB handles that would fit with the plates you use for the barbell exercises. Such handles can be purchased at www.newyorkbarbells.com and many local fitness stores.

JeffWillConquer
01-25-2004, 02:19 PM
Yeah. I actually had those but gave them to a friend in need. Someday i'll buy 40 pound dumbells. The next item on my list is a thing to hold the weights, which is about 80 bucks where i've seen it.

JeffWillConquer
01-25-2004, 05:48 PM
Easy day today. Russian bench and stuff. It's getting easier as time passes. I was considering at the 3 week mark(half way) I will test my bench and move up if needed on the 80%'s and such. Anyways, here goes it.

Russian Bench:
2 X 106
2 X 106
2 X 106
2 X 106
2 X 106
2 X 106
-Approx. 15 seconds of rest between each. Tomorrow is going to be leg day. I miss leg day so bad.

JeffWillConquer
01-26-2004, 06:05 PM
1-26-04. Leg Day. Woo hoo. I missed you leg day.

Sleep: Actually it was really good. I fell asleep on the phone at about 8 30-45. Yet, I still couldn't wake up at 4 30 to make my breakfast and ended up hitting snooze a few times like a jackass.

Diet: Eh. I gotta start eating more peanut butter. Easy calories. Gotta finish off the whey that's been useless for the last month or two also. Maybe i'll make a shake tonight for tomorrow morning. I was reading Ruless' journal and he's about the same weight as me, but he's pwning at 5000+ cals. Was thinking about raising to it. Hrmm. I don't mind a little fat, as i'm nowhere near fat right now. I just want some friggen muscle.

Training: Gotta love a leg day.
Squats:
6 X 88
6 X 93
6 X 101
6 X 101.
- I finally feel comfortable with my form and i'm going to start moving up in weight on squats. Today I didn't almost stumble or feel nervous at all. What I had been doing before was taking the bar that holds the bench up away and folding it forward, where it was in my way. I discovered that folding it down does two things. a) gives me more room. b) gives me the perfect spot to know when to come back up. Ingenius. I'll probably go up 15-20 pounds next workout if it stays this easy.

Leg Extensions:
6 X 121
6 X 132
6 X 132
6 X 137
- Easy. Soon i'm not going to have room on the thing to put more weight on until I buy some 50's. We'll see how everything goes.

That concludes the workout. Yes, it was short. But I haven't had a good hard leg day in a month almost, so i'm easing into it. Lunges will be included next week. Tomorrow is back to russian bench. I'm so excited...

Peace out.

Bruteman
01-26-2004, 08:12 PM
5000cals! You realize you're gonna have to eat breakfast for sure now :p That's a good idea to ease back into leg training. Wish i'd do that. i jump into right away after a layoff and then walk around like I've got polio or something for the next 5 days.

rookiebldr
01-26-2004, 09:10 PM
Congrats on the test, dude.

mmmmmm .... leg day......... :)

JeffWillConquer
01-26-2004, 09:24 PM
Bruteman: Yeah, I know I need to eat breakfast. I really wanted to get my form right on squats before I moved up. Don't wanna be on the news for killing myself squatting.

Rookie: Thanks man. Yes, leg day is the shizzle.

JeffWillConquer
01-27-2004, 09:54 AM
As a note I forgot to mention, I did the leg workout without my dad. He decided not to come home and I said forget him and did it anyways. I enjoyed being by myself and listening to music instead. It was nice.

RuLess
01-27-2004, 02:41 PM
i eat a big breakfast to get those 5k cals. man.. just keep eating..and train hard.. ull get there

pz

JeffWillConquer
01-27-2004, 06:01 PM
Thanks for stoppin by homie.

JeffWillConquer
01-29-2004, 10:10 AM
Didn't feel like updating yesterday, so here's what happened. I did some light rowing. First I did the weight I was on in rows to see how my form was. Turns out I was using a bit of momentum. I took off the weight and did the bar slowly and perfectly. I started adding and kept form good. I'll make sure I don't move up if I can't do it with proper form. I also did some behind the neck presses. As brutal as these are and as much as I hate them, i'm going to put them into my shoulder day. My dad didn't work out so I took the time to do a little checkup on form. I'll probably be doing some sort of form check day every couple months. On another good note, I woke up and had a shake for breakfast this morning. I finally got the nutrients written down, and i'll post em when I get home. 1 serving(big plastic cup from 7-11) is something like 408 cals, 33 G of protein, 8 or 9 G of fat, and like 35 G of carbs. I think this will be a good breakfast for a while. I also want to try out a tuna omelette. Today's an off day, so i'll see yall later. Pz.

Bruteman
01-29-2004, 08:15 PM
As a note I forgot to mention, I did the leg workout without my dad. He decided not to come home and I said forget him and did it anyways. I enjoyed being by myself and listening to music instead. It was nice.

Sweeeeet! Lifting by yourself is great if you ask me. Sort of lets you zone out and just have fun doing something you like. Just make sure you are careful when you do lifts you would normally have a spot for.

JeffWillConquer
01-30-2004, 11:47 AM
Yeah. Word up Br00te. I promised myself I would eat 5,000 cals today. Call it a test of willpower, or whatever, but i'm going to succeed. It's 10:48 and i've got about 1,400. Long ways to go, and damn i'm full. BRING ON TeH FOOD.

JeffWillConquer
02-02-2004, 10:03 AM
yo. Been pretty busy the last couple days at friends' houses and watching the Super Bowl. It was an awesome game but the outcome wasn't how I wanted. Workout today after school. Shoulder N tricep. That's always a blast. Peas.

JeffWillConquer
02-04-2004, 05:06 PM
February 2nd, 2004. Russian Bench/ Legs.

What's up everyone? I missed posting my shoulder and tricep day, but it was a good one. Today was bench and it's a light bench day so we threw in legs.

Bench:
2 X 101
2 X 101
2 X 101
2 X 101
2 X 101
2 X 101
Ease.

Squats:
6 X 88
6 X 101
6 X 111
6 X 111
Moving up still. 10 pounds a week is a nice increase. A little tougher today, but no biggie.

Leg Extensions:
6 X 153
6 X 153
6 X 153
Burn.

That was today's workout. It was intense on every rep. I love it. I'll be back on Friday with the next workout. Peace out.

Bruteman
02-07-2004, 12:53 AM
:hello:

JeffWillConquer
02-07-2004, 02:00 PM
Hola Bruteman. Today starts my 2 month mini cut. Hopefully I don't lose out on any muscle i've gained. I felt that my bulk was overall a success, but will be done more efficiently next time. As of now, i'm cutting until March 25th. Wish me luck. My macronutrients are all messed up today. I'll have everything in order by Monday.

JeffWillConquer
02-07-2004, 05:42 PM
Upped my water intake today. Aiming for 1 gallon a day now.

Bruteman
02-07-2004, 11:23 PM
Be prepared to pee a lot :) . Drinking lots of water is good for ya' and all, but man it can be a pain sometimes.

JeffWillConquer
02-11-2004, 04:55 PM
Last two days have sucked diet wise. I'm not stayin off the wagon though. Right back on I go.

rookiebldr
02-14-2004, 06:28 PM
So..... how have the last few days been?

JeffWillConquer
02-14-2004, 07:14 PM
Damn. Rookie just up and revived my journal. Lol. Thanks. Actually the last few days were suckiness. But I had a really good day today with both diet and workout, and i'm posting the journal a bit later. I decided to keep a journal on paper for myself. That way i've got access to it whenever, and I can put a few other things in it. I'll post everything in about 2 hours.

JeffWillConquer
02-14-2004, 07:23 PM
Screw it, i'll just put the udpate now.
2/14/04- Valentines Day...who cares? Bench day.
Goal: 4 sets of 4 at 90% of my max.(133)
4 X 121
I was reeling. It seemed a bit hard, but I had the mind set goin on.
4 X 121
Holy crap. I thought I was doomed. Reps 3 and 4 both took extra time. I really have to do some work on my sticking point after this bench routine.
(short rest)
4 X 121
Eh. Pretty easy.
4 X 121
Success. I got into a rhythm and just blew through it until rep 4. Man that rep was hard.

Diet: I've decided i'm going to just put a link to fitday on here if you want to check my diet. Soon as I find the link i'm supposed to put in here. I'm fitday retarded.

ItalianGalleon
02-14-2004, 07:27 PM
So is bench all you do on chest day? Why is that?

rookiebldr
02-14-2004, 07:28 PM
Nice to see you didn't wait.

4 sets, 90% max x 4 reps. ACE.

How low are you planning on going on the cut?

Bruteman
02-14-2004, 07:37 PM
I'm with rook, nice session dude! How much longer till this bench cycle is over?

JeffWillConquer
02-14-2004, 07:38 PM
ItalianGalleon: Actually, i'm doing one of those cheesy improve your bench routines. It seems to be working though as in a few months i've gone up tremendously. I'm coming to the end of the routine, and i'm going to be doing a regular chest day after that. Despite the lack of variety for the past few months, my chest is growing.

Rookie: Thanks for the compliment. I'm cutting to March 26th, for a school trip i'm going on. Depending on how I look at the time i'll probably start a clean bulk immediately after. My main focus is on losing as little muscle and strength as possible while cutting. Maybe i've still got some noob gains left in me.

Note: On the basis of all excersize is good excersize while cutting I just finished..
weighted crunches
15 X 20
15 X 20
15 X 20
Haven't done abs in centuries. I'm diggin it. Dinner time. Peace.

JeffWillConquer
02-14-2004, 07:40 PM
Bruteman: Actually, it's really near. about two weeks left, and i'm back on regular chest days. I guess my chest day will be-
Bench Press: 4 X 6
Flys: 4 X 6
and either dips if I can figure a way out, or Incline bench I guess. I'll find an excersize.
Thanks for stopping by guys.

JeffWillConquer
02-14-2004, 07:42 PM
As a side note, I need new whey. I've got about a scoop and a half left.

ItalianGalleon
02-14-2004, 07:47 PM
Ah, cool. Thumbs up to programs. I'm on one now, too, but I don't know how well it's working.

JeffWillConquer
02-14-2004, 08:39 PM
With my goal of 2100 cals, I made 2102. Ownage. Today was the best day bodybuilding wise i've had in a long time.

briancurran01
02-15-2004, 07:26 AM
Nice work Jeff. Keep it up bro.

JeffWillConquer
02-16-2004, 10:28 AM
Didn't update yesterday because I was busy getting chewed out. But here's what went down. 30 minutes of cardio. Diet went well, 2081 cals(goal: 2100) I bought some new whey. Yay. It's got 1 more gram of protein per scoop than my old whey. But it also has glutamine and aminogen, two supplements I know very little about right now. I'll read up. Today is shoulders and triceps. Oh, the new whey tastes great too.

JeffWillConquer
02-16-2004, 10:32 AM
Oh yeah, I was getting chewed out because my friend who was supposed to get us the ride home didn't tell me we didn't have a ride until we got to the mall. I thought they were messin with me until we started walking home. Then his mom called his cell and proceeded to bust him, and they took me down with them. Oh well, i'll be driving in March, so i'm cool.

JeffWillConquer
02-16-2004, 07:57 PM
My dad was being a lazy ass today and just wanted to bench. I'm doing shoulders/tri tomorrow with or without him. Damnit. Anyways, today for the first time I went over my calorie goal. But on a good note, I took in more protein then I have in a long time. Anyways.

Diet Basics:
2,279 cals.
86 G fat, 175 G carbs, 196 G protein(booya).
Supplements- 2 scoops whey w/ glutamine, multivitamin, 1000 mg vitamin C.
Training:
Bench Routine-
2 X 126
2 X 126
2 X 126
2 X 126
2 X 126
2 X 126
Notice in the signature what my max was. This is only 7 pounds away from my max and i'm doing 6 sets of 2. With the end drawing near, i'm sure my bench will be up a good 15 pounds or more. Finally putting me over 150 maybe. Hopefully I can continue gaining strength while cutting, even if it's minor. I'm out. Peace.

rookiebldr
02-16-2004, 09:11 PM
Up 15 will truly be awesome, can't complain about a 10% increase.

Bruteman
02-20-2004, 11:46 PM
Where you at man?! Doing some catching up on journals and there's nothing to catch up on in here! Get with the program man :p !

JeffWillConquer
02-22-2004, 06:12 PM
I've been out of it the last three days Brute. Back on track though. Yesterday I went to the UNLV vs. CSU basketball game and watched the Rebels beat some arse. It was nice. Diet has been teh suck for the last three days, but it's back now. My diet always get screwed on school days, that's the ultimate test. Anyways, did some back and bicep today.
Deadlift:
6 X 121
6 X 121
6 X 121
6 X 121
Ease. Next week i'll do sets of 8, and if successfull i'll move on.

Wide Grip Pulldowns:
66 X 6
66 X 6
66 X 6
66 X 6
Eh. I still hate these.

DB Curls: 30's X 6 for three sets.
It was a pretty good workout considering a few things. I'm off to dinner. Peace.

pruneman
02-22-2004, 06:46 PM
I know what you mean about it being tough to eat right at school mang. good to see you gettin some sessions in though :thumbup:

JeffWillConquer
02-22-2004, 07:16 PM
Yeah. Thanks for stopping by bruh.

briancurran01
02-22-2004, 07:18 PM
nice work man.

SO you ready for my fantasy baseball team to school you in drews league?

JeffWillConquer
02-22-2004, 07:21 PM
Please. I'm undefeated in fantasy leagues of any sort. I won last year's baseball league and 2 football leagues in a row. Too bad I missed the draft. It's all good, you old folks are still going down.

briancurran01
02-22-2004, 07:22 PM
old folks??? BAH.

Take a peep at my pitching staff. man, i am going to OWN you guys.

JeffWillConquer
02-22-2004, 07:25 PM
You'll be takin a peep of my ass while i'm running ahead of all you guys.

briancurran01
02-22-2004, 07:26 PM
bah. wanna put a lil $ on that there bro?

JeffWillConquer
02-22-2004, 07:29 PM
You're about to make bets with a 16 year old(as of March 8th). Sick man. LoL. If my mommy would let me...focking parental restrictions. Plus, I spent all my money on whey.

briancurran01
02-22-2004, 07:30 PM
im just playing man. good luck in the baseball. its all good. my pitching staff does rock though

JeffWillConquer
02-22-2004, 07:31 PM
I know you're playin, it's cool. We should really stop spamming each other's journals though, it makes it look like I never work out.

JeffWillConquer
02-22-2004, 07:58 PM
Added: 20 minutes of cardio. I felt like I could use some, and I was bored. Yay.

Notes: I drink water more than I ever have in my life. I drink it unconsciously. I've always got a bottle of water by my side. I had to have drank 2 gallons today. It's crazy. It's good though, since i've never been a big water drinker.

rookiebldr
02-22-2004, 09:38 PM
Did someone mention spam? :spam:

JeffWillConquer
02-23-2004, 10:16 AM
Super uber mod of not, I will not be accepting small images of cans of spam in my journal. thank you. And why is that spam can so happy anyways? It's spam...it's destiny is to be a can of stank-nasty funk. Would you be smiling if your future was to be stuck in some can for your whole life, until finally some dumbass who could be eating something nutritional like tuna or steak decides to eat you. That is all. I like bagels.

pruneman
02-23-2004, 10:19 AM
did you know that spam is cooked in the can it is packaged in...just a random thought for ya

JeffWillConquer
02-23-2004, 07:33 PM
that's cool pruneman.
2/23/04
Bench:
2 X 111
2 X 111
2 X 111
2 X 111
2 X 111
2 X 111
Very light, very quick workout.

pruneman
02-23-2004, 07:35 PM
quick but to the point :thumbup:
Short sessions are sometimes the best ones

JeffWillConquer
02-23-2004, 07:37 PM
lol, yeah. I might do some cardio before I go to rest. Diet was on point today, even with KFC for dinner.

Bruteman
03-06-2004, 12:38 AM
Where you at Jeff?

JeffWillConquer
03-15-2004, 08:40 PM
ahem.

JeffWillConquer
03-23-2004, 04:49 PM
Alrighty, i'm back. Finally. Long story as to why I haven't been working out and everything, but i'm back on track now. Workout tomorrow. Tomorrow is going to be the most intense workout i've ever had.

JeffWillConquer
03-23-2004, 05:01 PM
also, notice the sig. I turned 16 on March 8th. Woop. I'm only about 10 weeks from summer now. I started working out last summer so it's almost been a year now. As I sit here and evualuate what i've done, I realize there's been a lot of ups and downs. A whole bunch of **** has gone down in my life. I've gained a lot of strength. My overall body composition has changed from being a short pudgy kid, to a tall athletic build. I've gotten lazy and skipped workouts here and there, i've been wishy washy with my cutting and bulking goals. I've had 2 week layoffs, and given up on diet. But here I am, still working out, and still going at it. I love this sport and some day I hope to do a competition. The only thing that means, is year #2 is going to be one hell of a work out. I've got 10 weeks left to sum up the year, and they are going to be the hardest work of my life. Wish me luck.

rookiebldr
03-24-2004, 10:37 PM
Congrats on making it to 16, happy Belated birthday. Great that you're seeing such a change too. Now make the next 10 weeks count!

Saint Patrick
03-24-2004, 10:46 PM
I've gained a lot of strength. My overall body composition has changed from being a short pudgy kid, to a tall athletic build. I've gotten lazy and skipped workouts here and there, i've been wishy washy with my cutting and bulking goals. I've had 2 week layoffs, and given up on diet. But here I am, still working out, and still going at it. I love this sport and some day I hope to do a competition. The only thing that means, is year #2 is going to be one hell of a work out. I've got 10 weeks left to sum up the year, and they are going to be the hardest work of my life. Wish me luck.

G/L

Bruteman
03-26-2004, 11:27 PM
Good luck dude! And try and keep us posted on things a little more would ya' ;)