PDA

View Full Version : Let's all bake, a reet lush cake!

The_Chicken_Daddy
08-29-2001, 11:20 AM
:thumbup:

Hey folks, if i was gonna bake some protein cakes or cookies how would i go about doing it?

Also, would baking a cake with protein powder in it denature the protein? I've never been too certain about this one...

Thanks.

breeze
08-29-2001, 11:46 AM
why should it. you do bake chicken and turkey do you.

Spiderman
08-29-2001, 02:33 PM
Chigs, there was a post about this a few weeks ago. Its got a bunch of recipes for protein bars and stuff like that. In fact I think there's two different threads on the subject. Not sure though.

Tryska
08-29-2001, 04:32 PM
hmmm....i think what spidey is so nicely suggesting is that you USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION chigs. :D

*lol*

Sun
08-29-2001, 05:01 PM
Actually... I think he's saying "Damned if I am looking but if you wanna find it go for it." :D

Tryska
08-29-2001, 05:09 PM
hee hee...you might be right killa.

big buck
08-29-2001, 05:54 PM
I agree with sexy-errr um tryska:)

Sun
08-29-2001, 06:08 PM
Big Buck = Too much Test.

The_Chicken_Daddy
08-30-2001, 11:17 AM
No - there were recipes for protein bars, i want buscuits and cake recipes. Or else...

Tryska
08-30-2001, 11:29 AM
k...so how about these?

High Protein Cookies
1 cup of sugar
1 cup of honey
1 cup of of butter
2 eggs, beaten
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ginger
2 1/2 cup of protein powder
pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Cream sugar, honey and butter. Add eggs. Sift flour, baking soda, ginger and protein powder and add to other mixture. Drop by spoonfulls onto cookies sheet and bake until cookies are golden brown.

Brownies

1/2 cup of honey
1/2 cup of wheat germ oil
1/2 cup of protein powder
2 eggs, beaten
1 1/3 cups flour
1/3 cup of rice flour
1/2 cup chooped nuts
1 tsp vanilla extract
Blend honey, wheat germ oil and protein powder then gradually add eggs. Mix will, stir in flour. Add nuts and vanilla. Pour into greased pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. When cool, cut into squares and serve.

Tryska
08-30-2001, 11:30 AM
and perhaps this?

Oatmeal Spice Cake:

20 servings
1 C Quick Oatmeal
1 C Hot water
Let Stand 10 minutes
Add
1 C Brown Sugar
1 C White Sugar
1/2 C Applesauce
2 Egg Whites + 1 whole egg
1 tsp Vanilla
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
2 C Wheat Flour
1 tsp Soda
1/4 Lowfat Yogurt (Plain or Vanilla)
4 Scoops Vanilla Protein Powder
Mix together and spread into lightly sprayed 9x13 pan. Cook 30 minutes at 350*
Topping
1/4 C Applesauce
1/4 Lowfat yogurt
1/2 C Brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 C Coconut
Mix and Spread over warm cake. Brown in oven.

The_Chicken_Daddy
08-30-2001, 11:32 AM
Ace! Now we're talking.

Hows abouts jack flaps?

Tryska
08-30-2001, 11:37 AM
okay then.....

Natural Whey Protein Power Pancakes

by Kim Bradford

(Makes one good sized pancake, lots of protein here!)

Spray Frying pan with Pam or similar cooking spray.
In stick blender beaker Beat 2 egg whites 1 tsp sugar sprinkle of nutmeg & dash vanilla, Until foamy and meringue looking.
Add 1 Tbsp Pumpuii Natural Whey Protein and 1 Tbsp Soy flour Beat till well mixed.
Pour into med-hot pan and cook till bubbles appear all over uncooked top of pancake. Use spatula to ease pancake up - spray pan again & turn pancake. Cook till browned. EAT! (Serve hot or cold with fruit, jam, yogurt or frozen lo-fat yogurt as a dessert)

or perhaps with soy, and chocolate flavored?

Ingredients:
1 tablespoon cocoa
1 whole egg
1/4 cup cream
1/4 cup Soy Protein Isolate, choc or plain -- -0- grams carb
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
3 tablespoons butter -- frying
3 tablespoons water -- or more

Method:
Beat egg, extracts, cream until light. Add protein powder, cocoa & water to make a pancake batter.
Heat skillet, add butter and make six pancakes.Fry on one side until set and turn for another few seconds on the other side.
Serve with fudge sauce heated and drizzled over the pancakes, top with whipped cream if desired. Add carb grams for the cream.

Yield: 6 pancakes
Each serving=3.5 grams carb minus .09 fiber=2.5 grams per serving. Add 1.5 grams for topping of 1 tb. fudge sauce. Total: 4 grams per serving

Tryska
08-30-2001, 11:39 AM
or maybe this one:

Ingredients:
1 scoop of Promax protein, use a sive to remove all lumps.
1 Pinch of salt 1 Whole egg (small)
150ml of skimmed milk, use low lactose type
65gms flour - wholewheat, non raising.

How to prepare:
Add the flour to a bowl by placing it through a sieve. This will remove any lumps that exist and make mixing easier. Then add the Promax protein powder also through a sive to remove any lumps. Flavour is your choice, but banana or chocolate compliment the pancakes well. Next, add the whole egg and beat the whole mix with a wooden spoon. Gradually add the milk, drawing in the sides to form a smooth batter.
Next, heat up a pan and wipe some olive or sunflower oil to stop the batter sticking. Pour in enough batter to thinly coat the pan.

Thin pancakes taste better than big thick ones and cook far quicker. Cook batter in this way, mix up your topping and serve accordingly.
Some people prefer to mix the batter in a blender. If you do this add the egg and milk first, then the flour and only process for no more than 3-4 seconds. You can add sugar, fructose or dextrose to the formula. This will make it sweeter for people with that kind of taste bud.

Nutritional Information
AMOUNT PER SERVING
Calories=479 Calories from fat=71
Percent Total Calories From: Fat=15% Protein=35% Carb.=50%
Protein 42g
Carbohydrate 60g
Fat 8g
Saturated Fat 2g
Cholesterol 215mg
Sodium 2499mg
Fibre 0g

The_Chicken_Daddy
08-30-2001, 12:08 PM
flap jacks!

where are you finding these?

Tryska
08-30-2001, 12:13 PM
I did a search using yahoo with this paramter:

"pancake" AND "protein powder" AND "recipe"

or cake or cookie, or whatever.

The_Chicken_Daddy
08-30-2001, 12:24 PM
so do one for flap jacks then biatch!

Tryska
08-30-2001, 12:31 PM
a pancake is a flap jack, doofus.

The_Chicken_Daddy
08-30-2001, 12:36 PM
Where, in the blue hell do you live wina?

Pan cakes = pan cakes.

Flap jacks = flap jacks.

They are two completely different things!

Tryska
08-30-2001, 12:38 PM
ok....what the hell is a flap jack then?

The_Chicken_Daddy
08-30-2001, 12:48 PM
Hard to explain actually!

Like oatmeal busicuits with honey.

That's the best i can think of.

Tryska
08-30-2001, 12:51 PM
okay....i'm doing some research, and i came up with some sort of oaten substance...but i have no idea what that would be called in English...;)

let me try to figure this out.

Tryska
08-30-2001, 12:55 PM
is this a typical recipe for it?

Ingredients

8oz Margarine,
8oz Demerara Sugar,(or soft brown)
1lb Oats,
6oz Golden Syrup,

Method

Place margarine, sugar and syrup in the microwave for 6 minutes
add oats and thoroughly mix.

Flattern mixture into tin, (30cm x20cm approx)
Cook for 20 to 30 minutes at 180 centigrade.

Spiderman
08-30-2001, 01:19 PM
Damn! Nice recipes Tryska ma' darlin. ;) I may have to try a few of those. :)

Tryska
08-30-2001, 01:22 PM
hey thanks spidey...let me know how they turn out if you try them.....i just found them - they're not my recipes..so if they suck..blame the world wide web..*lol*

The_Chicken_Daddy
08-30-2001, 01:34 PM
that sounds like the money tina, so how do i make it a protein flap jack?

Tryska
08-30-2001, 01:40 PM
k, chigs.....since that's the recipe, there's not much wiggle room in it. From what i'm reading, protein powder is used to replace some or all of the flour in a recipe...and well, since there is no flour, it makes it kinda difficult.....how about an oatmeal cookie instead? the way i figure it....the consistency will be a bit different, but perhaps, swap out the raisins for honey or syrup or whatever? skip the cinnamon? it will be similar, but not quite.

Ingredients:

1 cup old-fashioned (that's the slow-cooking) oats
2 scoops vanilla whey or other vanilla protein powder
4 eggwhites
1/2 tsp. baking powder
cinnamon to taste
1/4 cup raisins
Directions:

Combine dry ingredients, then add eggwhites. You may need to add some water, depending on your protein powder. Then add the raisins. You can cook these in the pan somewhat like pancakes like I first did or drop them on a non-stick cookie sheet like conventional cookies. It's a pretty flexible recipe--you can go down to about 1/2 cup of oats if you like (if you want lower carbs), or just use one scoop or protein, or only 3 eggs and use more water to make it the right consistency, etc. I think unflavored protein works fine, too. Or you could emit the raisins and cinnamon and opt for some other flavored protein to make chocolate, etc. cookies. These are really nice because they're healthy and full of protein but are fulfilling when you're needing a little something that feels like cheating. Enjoy!

Spiderman
09-01-2001, 05:03 PM
For those of you interested, I just read through the latest Muscle & Fitness and it has some good recipes for cookies, brownies and cake in there. They seem pretty good. Yet I have not made any of'em yet.

heathj
09-01-2001, 05:10 PM
Yo mamma sounds good, but I have not eaten her yet :p

Thanks Tryska for the recipes.

Jane
09-01-2001, 10:44 PM
Ah-ha...here is something I discovered this morning:
vanilla protein powder + egg + skim milk = the most horrible pancake-things you'll ever taste. I tried drenching them in sugarfree syrup and they wound up tasting even worse. I've never been able to make syrup make anything taste WORSE. Absolutely positively a failure. Lesson learned.