PDA

View Full Version : Going on a bulk-critique my foods

furious
08-13-2003, 10:11 PM
Hey all,

I am on a limited budget and plan to bulk with the following materials. My diet will consist strictly of these materials, and hopefully I will gain back the weight I so foolishly lost earlier this year. Please feel free to critique/ suggest any supps, or foods that may be benificial, an cheap!

List:

Chicken breasts
salmon
cottage cheese
protein shakes
multi-vitamen
apples
bananas

Dkm911
08-14-2003, 03:49 AM
im curious how many bananas a day is safe to eat.. i remember hearing that to much potassium is bad for u and know that bananas are very high in this.

bradley
08-14-2003, 04:12 AM
What you have listed above looks fine, but what about carbs? Might want to add foods such as oats, sweet potatoes, ww bread, brown rice, vegetables, beans, etc., which are all relatively inexpensive.

Also foods like natural peanut butter, nuts, olive oil, etc., are a good way to add in some additional calories and healthy fats.

bradley
08-14-2003, 04:18 AM
Originally posted by Dkm911
im curious how many bananas a day is safe to eat.. i remember hearing that to much potassium is bad for u and know that bananas are very high in this.

I would not really be concerned about potassium (K) toxicity if your kidneys are functioning properly.

Bananas contain an average of 400mg of K, and the RDA for potassium is 3.5g I believe. That would put you eating ~8.75 bananas per day to reach the RDA for potassium, although this is not counting the potassium that you would get from other foods in your diet.