PDA

View Full Version : Beer vs. Coffee???

Mic Soloist
08-15-2003, 11:41 AM
Which drink is worse for your diet and your health in general???

I would think black coffee is better for you than beer but with all the sugar that people put into coffee and cappacino I would say beer is better...

Also how bad is beer for your liver and other parts of your body. If you drink 10-12 beers per week your whole life would that typically be enough to cause a lot of damage or would HEAVY drinking be the main concern with health issues.

I'm just curious cuz I like to drink 1-2 times per week. Usually not more than 6 beers per night but sometimes more, sometimes less.

Thanks

-mic-

chops
08-15-2003, 12:10 PM
from a diet standpoint

lots of ppl drink a bunch of beers in a sitting, i.e. finish off a 6 beers or more straight. heard of beer gut?

cals alcohol=7 cals carb =4

you don't see ppl doing this with a latte.

SoulOfKoRea
08-15-2003, 01:48 PM
agree with chops, it's not the sugars or the alcohols that will ruin a person's diet, it's the calories that they make up in the end.

restless
08-15-2003, 03:29 PM
Alcohol has some pretty nasty effects in one's fitness goals by itself. Namely lowered testosterone and protein synthesis. Coffee is pretty harmless, at the worst you'll have lowered insulin sensitivity, but I can't remember how much.

Mic Soloist
08-15-2003, 06:20 PM
so beer actually lowers test???

I thought only weed did that??

What exactly does it so to Protein synthesis?

-mic-

restless
08-16-2003, 03:40 AM
Originally posted by Mic Soloist
so beer actually lowers test???

I thought only weed did that??

What exactly does it so to Protein synthesis?

-mic-

I think there was a sticky about it in the training forum.

Alcohol will lower protein synthesis for 24 hours and up to 25% and will lower testosterone and raise estrogen. It contains phytoestrogens like soy does but in beer you ingest them in larger amounts. Weed won't lower testosterone, there's no data supporting that, it's a myth.

DelveyBoy
08-16-2003, 03:42 AM
since you have 2 threads about beer,i think your an alcoholic :alcoholic
ive heard bad things about beer and cals though

restless
08-16-2003, 03:54 AM
Originally posted by DelveyBoy
since you have 2 threads about beer,i think your an alcoholic :alcoholic
ive heard bad things about beer and cals though

:)

chops
08-16-2003, 11:56 AM
:hump:

lol yeah seems like every week there's another beer related thread from you. saw your post that u saw your abs. if you are still hitting your targets, then you can prob keep doing what you're doing. if u are not or you want to see faster/better results, quit drinking for a few weeks and see what happens and you can modify your drinking levels to adjust to the progress level u want.

personally if i have to question something i do *that* much, i would just kick it.

Mic Soloist
08-16-2003, 03:45 PM
drinking beer is the only thing i do "bad" from a nutritional standpoint. I don't get ****faced often... I just enjoy a few beers every couple days. I eat healthy everyday but I still beat myself up about the extra beer calories.

That is why I made the threads. And the part about the coffee was just because I do sometimes crave a cup in the morning.

thanks

-peace-

Berserker
08-17-2003, 08:58 PM
I drink alot and I still not coffee is better then beer. This is a dumb thread. Its not like the two are interchangeable.

Scott S
08-17-2003, 10:17 PM
I drink my coffee black, so nutritional content never occured to me. That said, I don't drink it very often, but it may help my upcoming cut.

gopher
08-18-2003, 11:43 AM
Coffee = Good :)
Beer = Bad tuttut

From a nutritional standpoint. I'll enjoy a few beers every once in a blue moon. I look at it as cheating on my diet. It's OK to cheat every once in a while.