PDA

View Full Version : What diet do you guys recommend to gain weight? (for me)

jww13
08-16-2003, 10:40 AM
I'm 5'-8" 140 lbs. (18 years old).. Could someone please tell me how many calories I should eat each day to start gaining weight? I'm moving in (college) on sunday and want to begin training monday, but this time I want to diet correctly so that I get bigger and not just stronger (like I always have).

Also what's a good split of carbs/protein/fat? And what's a good way to keep track of it?

My bf is about 10% (can see my abs well when I flex, but not much when relaxed). My weight has sat around 140 for months (but I haven't been training or trying to gain weight lately). I have been eating whenever I'm hungry (actually less than that).

So.. what do you recommend?

SoulOfKoRea
08-16-2003, 11:00 AM
track your calories using pen and paper or something like www.fitday.com , then we can help in the category of gaining weight. you will need to eat more, that is a given.

split doesn't really matter, just eat atleast 1 g protein per lb. of bodyweight, about ~25% cals from healthy fats, and rest with complex carbs.

smalls
08-16-2003, 10:25 PM
Good advice above. For most people like us, it will never really happen until we keep track.