PDA

View Full Version : Green Tea has zero calories?

Dedicated
08-16-2003, 01:51 PM
Does green tea really have 0 calories? I assume it has caffeine and other stuff in it? Read somewhere it has a slight thermogenic effect also. I bought some today and just curious if I can start drinking this stuff like water since the box says zero calories.

bradley
08-16-2003, 02:30 PM
Yes it is pretty much calorie free, maybe 1 or 2 cals per cup.

Green tea has been shown to have many benefits including beneficial affects such as improved body composition, beneficial affects on cholesterol levels, and also contains anti-oxidants, to name a few. Although you would have to drink large amounts of green tea to see most of these benefits, and your best bet would be to supplement with green tea extract.

Dedicated
08-16-2003, 03:10 PM
Awesome thanks:) .

rgkfit
08-17-2003, 08:18 AM
I have been drinking green tea for years. As mentioned above, it is high in antioxidants, and just plain tastes good. I have a cup before each cardio session also for a little extra kick.

Frankster
08-17-2003, 04:16 PM
I drink it but I hate the taste. I might buy some pills instead.

synthetic
08-18-2003, 02:54 PM
what if u rip open the teabag and eat the leaves?

Dedicated
08-20-2003, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by synthetic
ROFL definitely something to think about.

Stryc-9
08-20-2003, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by synthetic

Ha! Then I'd say you have bigger concerns than caloric values.

Budiak
08-21-2003, 02:19 AM
I usually drink tons of that **** when I'm bulking, and I dont know why. It has great liver detoxifying effects, and apparently a cup or two can increase base metabolism by like 4 percent...but maybe thats just a lie to sell more green tea.

Frankster, the green tea extract pills are fairly cheap. Send me the rest of your leaf tea, I'll give it a good home.

A home..OF DOOM!