PDA

View Full Version : refeed problem

kozen
08-16-2003, 10:49 PM
Hey guys.
I recently changed my diet to be high protein/moderatefat/ low carb. I had a refeed two days ago. I dont know if this was due to the refeed, but i started feeling sick half way through eating my meal. I felt as if i was sick or had a fever or something... are these common symptons of a refeed after low carbs?

rgkfit
08-17-2003, 08:10 AM
They should not be. "Refeeds" as you call them or carb meals are nothing more than to keep metabolism honest and some glycogen storage so workouts don't go completely down the tubes. What did you have?

kozen
08-17-2003, 10:42 AM
Sourdough bread, potatoes, plain pasta... it was probably due to something else.. i just inferred that it was the refeed because it was the first time i had one.

bradley
08-17-2003, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by rgkfit
They should not be. "Refeeds" as you call them or carb meals are nothing more than to keep metabolism honest and some glycogen storage so workouts don't go completely down the tubes. What did you have?

If you were eating a large amount of carbs, then you might get a naseous feeling from the large food intake, but I doubt that the refeed would actually make you sick. Of course you might experience some stomach discomfort from the large amount of food, but other than that I don't see how a refeed would make you ill.

kozen
08-17-2003, 01:38 PM
Could it be a sympton that i had over eaten during my carb up meal?

harryhoudini66
08-17-2003, 02:22 PM
I got a little nausea. I also took many dumps. I had hardly any when I was in ketosis.

bradley
08-17-2003, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by kozen
Could it be a sympton that i had over eaten during my carb up meal?

If you symptoms were associated with stomach problems then I would say yes (naseau, bloating, lethargy, etc.), but then again I am not 100% certain.

During your next refeed try and space out the food intake a little more and see if that helps, and if you have trouble getting in enough carbs you might consider replacing some of the whole food with liquid carbs.

bradley
08-17-2003, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by harryhoudini66
I got a little nausea. I also took many dumps. I had hardly any when I was in ketosis.

There is a lot more waste associated with carbohydrates as opposed to protein and fat (fiber, etc.)