PDA

View Full Version : Fear and Loathing in the Mirror

Pages : [1] 2

JustinASU
08-21-2003, 09:12 PM
Welcome to Justin's new and improved journal. I named the journal because I am constantly loathing the way I look and I feel horrible about my lifting. I've been told I'm being too harsh on myself but I feel differently. I want to change this. I want to fall in love with my own reflection. Ok, not THAT extreme (I dont want to be the next narcissus) but I want to get to the point where I am confident about my abilities as a strength athelete and my physique as a whole. A little background information...

Years Training: 2.5
Years Training the right way: 10 mo-1 yr
Current weight as measured today: 212.8 lbs
Height: 6'0"
Bodyfat %age: Still hovering around 15-16%
1 RM Deadlift: 470 lbs
1 RM Squat: approx. 400 lbs
1 RM Bench: approx. 255 lbs
Total of: 1125 lbs

STRENGTH GOALS:
1 RM Bench: 300 lbs by December '03/January '04
1 RM Deadlift: 500 lbs by end of October '03
1 RM Squat: 450 lbs by December '03
GOAL total: 1250 lbs

BODY COMP GOALS:
I want to be 225 lbs @ 10% bf by December '03/January '04

I want to participate in my first competition by the time I am 23 yrs old.

Now that you know all of this, I want to explain my current plan of action. I've been horribly paranoid the last few days about gyno. I feel like I could possible have VERY minor gyno. Nips seem sensitive and slightly puffier (for no good reason). I don't know how this would have come about because I have never tried AAS. I have, however done one PH cycle which consisted of 6 gr 1-test/5 gr 4-AD. I followed it up with some 6-OXO. I have been off the 1-tnt for 6 weeks and the 6-OXO for 2 weeks. This was a cutting cycle for me. Back to the gyno issue. Since I AM paranoid I will be taking no chances. I have order some liquid nolva that I plan on taking for 1-2 weeks before starting a cycle of Super One+ by Avant Labs. This cycle should last 2-3 weeks. To cut back on bloating/gyno issues I will be taking liquid letrozole during these weeks. As far as post cycle goes I will continue the letrozole and add in some Clomid. Do you guys feel this will be overkill for a Super One+ cycle? Let me know. It was suggested to me by another member of a different board that I simply use tribulus post-cycle at large doses but that seems a bit shakey to me.

This is the plan. I have spoken and so it shall be! Errr uhhh, what do you guys think. I need ALL the feedback I can get!

RG570
08-21-2003, 09:52 PM
I love the title, and that's a lovely deadlift. :spam

BadAttituud
08-22-2003, 09:32 AM
Wow, Justin, you can do all that and you have no self confidence? :tuttut:

In all honesty, I can say I've been there, done that. And to an extent, still am.

Great start to the journal!!!!!

Mik
08-22-2003, 09:36 AM
Good luck Justin. Sounds like you've got a great plan.

thetopdog
08-22-2003, 10:02 AM
I like your goals, but I think your body composition goal is a little too ambitious

Right now if you're 212 @ 15%, you have 180.2lbs LBM and for you to be 225 @ 10% you would have to have 202.5 LBM wich would mean you would have to gain over 20 pounds of muscle with no fat in the next 20 weeks, which is absolutely impossible

I'm around where you are as far as body composition is conerned, but my lifts (except bench) are lower than yours. Hopefully we can both see some improvement. Good luck

JustinASU
08-22-2003, 06:14 PM
RG570 Aye, great movie isn't it (that is if you're not sober, otherwise it tends to not make a whole lot of sense)

Carolyn Thanks for the encouragement :D I AM proud of my deadlift considering this time last year I was strrugling with 250 lbs.

Mik Thank ya!

TTD Looking at it in more detail (body comp) you're right, it is just a touch ambitious even with a little PH assistance. What do you think would be a realistic time frame for that goal? May 2004? Oh and YES I need severe improvement on my bench, my lower body genetics are beautiful whereas the upper are
sh!tastic.

Well, I won't be able to get into my routine until Monday. When Monday rolls around though, you better bet your ass I will be re-dedicated and determined beyond all reality to reach my preset goals. This time I'm gonna do it with NO excuses! I think my daily caloric intake is typically around 3100 which supposedly is a lot less than my maintenence by most standards but I haven't really been losing much weight. I will up this 200 cals a week until I am gaining steadily. We'll see how it goes.

I had a rough day today and diet has been bad but one day won't kill me. I managed to get in a short upper-body workout yesterday. THANK GOD the gym is open again. It consisted of:

Flat DB Bench
Incline BB Bench
pullups
DB rows
chest flyes

Nice and brief but I couldn't take much. I had only gotten in 4 hrs of sleep due to insomnia so I doubled up on E&C and thought I was gonna die when my workout was over. I was nauseous(sp), had a headache, dizzy, tunnel vision, and my heart was pounding out of my chest. Never again will I do that.

Lesnar_Rocks
08-22-2003, 06:23 PM
awesome journal name oh and .................. :spam:

Scott S
08-22-2003, 10:47 PM
*I* want to be the next Narcissus. Face it, deep down, you do too. :angel:

Anyways, good luck with your goals.

JustinASU
08-25-2003, 08:35 PM
Scott S and Lesnar_Rocks Thanks a lot!

I know this isnt a good way to start out a new journal but cant help it....

I'm going to rant now because I got nothing better to do. I havent been able to workout for 2.5 weeks. The ****ing gym has been closed for no god damn reason. Over this period of time I've begun to gain fat and lose muscle. Life is great. So today I'm excited. I'm finally going to get to workout. My dumbass lifting partner has to work though but the bastard sets his own hours. Anyways, we agree to workout at 8. Keep in mind, I have no car so I must rely on him for transportation. Come 9pm and the bastard still hasnt shown up. He finally calls and it turns out he broke off his key in his ignition and was stranded and had to call AAA. Whatever. SO he says he's gonna make a copy and come pick me up to workout. Well the store to copy his key was closed. This is just ****ING SUPER! I have been waiting 2.5 weeks to get a workout and it gets ****ED over because my workout partner is the most unreliable **** on the face of the earth. This isn't even the first time he's pulled **** like this. I feel like tearing someone/thing to shreds. I look like a skinnyfat SOB. To top it all off I was gonna use him to get a ride to the store so I can buy a medicine dropper for my liquid nolva so I could start that tonight. I am also out of food. I'M SO INCREDIBLY PISSED RIGHT NOW AND I HAVE NO WAY TO WORK IT OFF.....

JustinASU
08-25-2003, 09:43 PM
Alright, this is a new journal so I gotta turn over a new leaf. No more negtivity damnit! I've gone almost 3 weeks without training...how is 1 day gonna hurt me? Sorry about exploding earlier. I still got that skinnyfat feeling but one day I will fix this. One day I will be 240 lbs...ripped to the bone. One day I will make small children cry at the sight of me. One day I will have to turn sideways to fit through conventional doorways.....

I can dream, can't I?

Scott S
08-26-2003, 11:25 AM
Whatever you do, DON'T tear any people to shreds. Doing so will land you in prison, and that will definitely interfere with your training. Or, maybe it won't. I dunno. Some help I am.... :angel:

Alke
08-26-2003, 03:46 PM
:shoot: :shoot:

WillKuenzel
08-26-2003, 03:52 PM
Things'll get better once the semester starts. Just take your time and be patient. Its good to see that you are turning over a new leaf. By having a more positive outlook on things, you'll be surprised at how well things really are.

Get it worked out and keep this thing up-to-date dammit!! :D

BadAttituud
08-26-2003, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Scott S
Whatever you do, DON'T tear any people to shreds. Doing so will land you in prison, and that will definitely interfere with your training. Or, maybe it won't. I dunno. Some help I am.... :angel:

Oh I don't know.. I hear they have some nice gyms in the penitentiaries. :angel:

Justin, I'm just teasing.. I know it's hard, but do TRY to keep a positive attitude. My own gym scheduling has been sketchy and I hate it as well..

Y2A
08-27-2003, 07:59 AM
1. Relax ;)

2. Definately set a little more of a realistic goal, or you will hate your body even more (if thats possible) when you fall short.

3. A few weeks off from the gym may end up being beneficial, your body will be well-rested and ready to go.

4. Good luck :)

fuzz
08-27-2003, 09:02 AM
Justin: As far as gyno fears go, you might want to run clomid during your entire cycle of Superone. Thats pretty much the strongest PH out there, and if you are paranoid about it then its better to be safe then sorry. Edit : I'm not sure what letrazole is - if thats similiar to clomid, then you are already covering all your bases.

And let me tell you - learning to love your own reflection has much more to do with what happens in your head then what happens with your body.

Scott S
08-27-2003, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by fuzz
And let me tell you - learning to love your own reflection has much more to do with what happens in your head then what happens with your body.

Very true. If you plan to be happy when you accomplish x% bodyfat or y lbs more muscle, you'll never be happy because it won't be enough. I made sure going into lifting knowing that no matter what, I was improving on how I started. Hope this helps.

cphafner
08-27-2003, 05:13 PM
Justin: good luck with the goals! Love the journal title. My friends called me doc in college(short for doctor gonzo), but the stories behind that are locking away in my post college vault. Will I be seeing you at the Mountaineer Classic?

JustinASU
08-28-2003, 03:48 PM
Good God people....

When did you start reading my journal?!?

I have been away for a few days because my internet service has been down thanks to this lovely virus!

Here goes:

Scott S Whatever man, there are some big ****ers in prison...Must be something they put in the food.

Oh and I know I'll never be happy with where I am at. Even if I do hit a shredded 225 but the key is I'm attempting to be idealistic here...

Kenn Thank you for gracing my humble journal with your wonderful presence....:D Soon my traps shall make yours cower in fear....

Will I'll tell ya what, I'll keep this thing up to date as long as YOU keep posting in here. I really think this positive thinking (or a pitiful attempt at it) can not only help my training but my life as a whole. I've always been pissy and negative and because of that nothing in life ever seems very rewarding. I gotta learn to appreciate the small things damnit!

Carolyn I'm workin' on it. It only gets better by the day...

Y2A Thanks for the pointers and I'm currently working on thinking up a new goal...

fuzz Liquid Letro is the same thing as femera which is supposedly wonderful for bloat/gyno prevention. My problem was that I had this suspicion that I developed slight gyno from my last go round. So I am currently on 40mg of nolva a day.

Do you think I should go with straight 1-test if gyno scares the living crap out of me?

cp Thanks bro! You'll definitely have to share those stories at some point :D And Yes...I will be making an appearence at Will's first show! I hope to see a buncha you WBB'ers there.

JustinASU
08-28-2003, 03:56 PM
Here's a brief rundown of my workouts in the last few days since I haven't had the chance to post. I was keeping these workouts light since I dno't want to over-exert myself after almost 3 weeks off.

Monday - Missed the workout due to my lifting partner/transportation

Tuesday - Chest/Tri's
-Flat Bench: 65x10, 85x6, 75x8
-Incline BB Bench: 135x10, 165x8, 165x8
-Cable Flyes
-CGBP 135x10, 155x8, 155x8
***This was my first attempt at CGBP because I dont feel like I am getting much development in my tri's with other lifts. I dont think I did them right because I didnt feel a tightness in the tri's...I need help on form.

Wednesday - Legs
Squats - 135x10, 225x7, 360x6, 360x4
Leg Press - 8 platesx12, 10 platesx10, 12 platesx8, 14 platesx6
*Calf work

Today should be my day off but since I am hitting up Durham for the weekend I think I'll go ahead with a back day.

fuzz
08-28-2003, 04:01 PM
Straight 1test would work fine, as long as your dosage was high enough and everything. If you went with that, you would definitely want some ECA or something to combat the lethargy.

What symptoms of gyno do you think you had? You could always try some 2 week on/off cycles of SuperOne or something, and see how that goes.

JustinF
08-28-2003, 04:41 PM
Good to see some workouts in here. Keep the positie attitude and you'll have no problem hitting your goals. God luck man. :spam:

JustinASU
08-28-2003, 05:58 PM
Fuzz Well to start off I had small lumps that seem to have gotten slightly bigger but I am somewhat paranoid so it *could* be in my mind... Plus they seem to have a puffier appearence than they used to and I WAS at a higher bf....seems suspicious, no? Yeah I'd really like the 4AD effects so I want to go with the S1+...maybe I'll try the 2on/2off approach, would you suggest clomid for post recovery?

Justin Hey thanks a lot bro! :D

JustinASU
08-29-2003, 12:08 AM
I was terribly sore from my leg day yesterday yet I still had the balls/excess stupidity to go and do a deadlift/back day. Wasn't too bad but my deadlift was a bit weak.

Deads
135x10, 225x8, 315x7, 405x7, 455x1 *This is not my 1RM but maxing out after a 3 wk layoff is typically a bad idea.

Pull-ups
*I am still getting used to this whole overhand thing...
BWx9, BWx6, BWx5

DB Rows
*These were simply weak and pathetic but gimme a few weeks, I'll be throwing up the heavy stuff again.
85x8, 95x6, 75x10

*Cable curls

That's it. Short and sweet and suprising I could even dead over 400 today with my sore legs.

Diet Today:

M1: 6 fried eggs, 1 cup cooked oats
M2: 10 oz. lean ground beef, 4 slices ww bread, 2 oz. mozerella cheese
M3: 5 oz. lean ground beef, 2 slices ww bread, 44 gr protein shake in 2 cups skim milk, banana
M4: Postworkout Shake w/ 10 packs smarties
M5: 12 buffalo wings w/ ranch dressing *CHEAT MEAL*
M6: 1 sweet potato, 1 cup cc

Oh what a day of eating...Good god I love bulking...Here are the grand totals...

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 4072
Fat: 178 1604 40%
Sat: 58 524 13%
Poly: 23 211 5%
Mono: 70 627 16%
Carbs: 251 908 23%
Fiber: 24 0 0%
Protein: 364 1455 37%
Alcohol: 0 0 0%

I need help in balancing out my macros if anyone can offer pointers. As you can see tonight was a wings and football night with the boys. Miami had their first game of the season and they beat the bloody hell out of Louisiana Tech (like anyone wouldnt guess that was gonna happen). That's it fo' shizzle.

WillKuenzel
09-03-2003, 10:14 AM
Macros are looking pretty good. I might try to get a little less saturated fat but other than that its about on. Lots of protein, enough fat and then just filling the rest in with carbs.

How's the semester looking man?

BadAttituud
09-04-2003, 06:02 PM
hey looking good!

JustinF
09-05-2003, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by JustinASU
M5: 12 buffalo wings w/ ranch dressing *CHEAT MEAL*

:drooling:

BadAttituud
09-08-2003, 09:17 AM
:whazzup:

JustinASU
09-14-2003, 07:03 PM
My journal died....again.

BadAttituud
09-16-2003, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by JustinASU
My journal died....again.

Well, dear, you have to post too. Even if it's just rambling like I've been doing.. Looks like you have been busy too.

fuzz
09-16-2003, 09:17 AM
:spam:

Alke
09-16-2003, 02:04 PM
:withstupi

JustinF
09-18-2003, 04:33 AM

Big o Boy
09-24-2003, 11:29 PM

JustinASU
09-24-2003, 11:44 PM
What are you fools doing spamming my dead journal?

Scott S
09-25-2003, 09:57 AM
:spam:?

Big o Boy
09-25-2003, 10:10 AM

lol... your not going to revive it, dude? I was looking forward to watching you progress.

carolinagirl
09-25-2003, 08:07 PM
Well, I am spamming it because HomeYield sent me here as his enforcer.

We decided that you're a super lame-ass if you don't come to his show, since it's right there.

So come. Or somebody will find you and beat you. Or something like that. :p

JustinASU
09-25-2003, 09:17 PM
Well ok I'll revive it for the fans. Unfortunately I cannot workout right now. I hurt my arm very seriously last weekend in a drunken arm wrestling contest and I can't figure out whats wrong with it. I tried icing, I tried heat pads but the pain is ungodly. Speaking of God, I think he haets me. I'm depressed and frustrated. Now I'm back to the whole negative stigma my old journal carried with it. My grip is so weak from the injury that I cant hardly hold a 50 lb dumbell. I feel like either sobbing like a little girl or ripping someone/thing to shreds. It isn't the muscle and I dont think it's the bone...its this shooting pain. I tried a leg workout today but I couldnt really hold the bar on my back during squats. Here it goes:

Squats
135x10, 225x8, 315x6, 370x6, 370x6...I know :( pitiful

Leg Press
6 100lb platesx10 for 3 sets

Calf raises

The pain was too much after this so I went home. Why God....why???

fuzz
09-25-2003, 11:44 PM
Go to the doctor. Find out what it is, and dont drink and arm wrestle.

JustinASU
09-26-2003, 12:15 AM
fuzz I just realized how disturbing your avatar is.

JustinF
09-26-2003, 05:30 AM
Originally posted by fuzz
Go to the doctor. Find out what it is, and dont drink and arm wrestle.

cphafner
09-26-2003, 12:30 PM
justin, you better find me at the show. I'll be the skinny guy with glasses and the hot asian gf that is way too good looking to be with me. see you there

JustinASU
09-28-2003, 02:37 PM
I really want to workout. After seeing the first BB show I've ever seen I was so psyched to workout. Especially since I was literally the smallest guy there, even in the audience. The show was definitely an awesome experience and I really want to compete one day, I just dont think I have the balls to do so. Plus I dont think I could ever tan. I'm irish as hell. Maybe if my freckles connect enough it'll look like I have a tan. Plus some of those guys were monsterous. Especially in the open class. There was this one freak, name was Joe. He was 240 lbs and ripped to the fookin' bone. He honestly could be an IFBB pro sometime in the near future. I mean when this guy did a rear lat spead he took up about half the damn stage. It was surreal. Ah well, 200 ripped is far off for me....and besides, I cant even workout for a while because of my arm injury so I better stop thinking about this stuff.

JustinASU
09-30-2003, 07:24 PM
Ya know what's yummy? German Chocolate Cake....

JustinASU
10-02-2003, 03:55 PM
I just ate a cinnamon bun (600cals). I cant help it....I eat because I'm unhappy....and I'm unhappy, because I eat....

Fat rolls aside. I'm getting back to the gym today to see if my arm healed. As usual, the pathetic doc's at my schools infirmary are incompetant and didnt know what was wrong with my arm. This guy walks in wearing a t-shirt, jeans, and sneakers. I thought he was a homeless drunk that wandered in from off the streets. WTF is this about? Then he looks at me with a hideous grin and says *horrible redneck accent* "Whaddya say buddy?!"...Now you tell me how the hell I'm supposed to respond to that. This guy is a joke. Throughout my description of the problem he had a confused look on his face like a chimp being taught rocket science. He probed me in the bicep a few times and told me he didnt feel any "weaknesses". The he told me I had "great muscle tone." Again, wtf is this guy talking about? He wrote me a percription for a stronger type of aleve and called it a day. It was obvious he had no clue what was going on. He kept trying to think of the medical names for parts of the body and came up with nothing. He referred me to an orthapedic doc for two weeks from today. Yeah, thanks asshole, that helped. Then he probably returned to the back of the office to take a few more bong hits.

So I'm wondering, do they let the 'C' student graduate from med school?

WillKuenzel
10-02-2003, 04:12 PM
LOL, dude you need lots more self-confidence. Perk up! It ain't all that bad.

Go to the orthapedic. That will help if nothing else because a specialist can do more for you than just some general practitioner.

JustinASU
10-02-2003, 09:27 PM
Well I was true to my word. I did a chest/tri day today. I havent deadlifted or done back for weeks :cry: .

The workout started out strong with little to no pain in my arm. I was a happy camper. I weighed in around 216 but that's only cause I'm packing back on the fat. I'm a fatty. Yup. As I progressed through the workout I noticed some tightness in the shoulder and under my bicep on the injured arm. Then when I hit the cable flyes I lost it and the pain seared through my entire arm. ****. I'm back at square one. I came home and put on a therma-heat pad. Hopefully the heat should help draw blood to heal the area but I honestly have no idea what I am talking about.

food
M1: 2 eggs, 4 whites, 2 cups coffee, bowl of oats
M2: (it fell apart here as is the usual lately) bacon cheeseburger w/ potato wedges
M3: Cinnamon Bun :redface:
M4: Salmon and mixed greens
Preworkout shake w/ a cup of coffee
Postworkout w/ 12 packs smarties
M5: ???

workout
I went light due to the injury.....

DB bench
60sx10, 80sx8, 80sx8

Incline Bench
135x6, 180x6, 160x8

-Overhead tricep Cable extensions
-Cable chest flyes
-One arm pulldowns *at this point I was in some serious pain so I called it quits

My orthapedic apt. is 2 weeks away, so I'm shooting on maintaining my mass for those couple weeks, no improvements. It will be a miracle if I can deadlift. I think I will try to keep my cal intake at maintenence and I HAVE to reduce my fat intake or I'm gonna keep getting fat. It's just hard to hit maintenence without the 9 cals per gram of fat...

JustinASU
10-03-2003, 03:08 PM
GODDAMNIT.

I am so ****ing tired of my ****ing lifting partner. AGAIN, he promises me we are going to lift at 3:30 today. My arm is starting to feel better, I am really ****ing eager to get back into things. I haven't worked back for weeks and today was gonna be my glory day but no. My training partner had to **** all over that. The gym closed at 4:30 pm for ****ing homecoming. He knew it was closing early too. He couldn't take one goddamned hour out of fixing computers (he sets his own hours) to go to the ****ing gym. As I have mentioned before I have no car so I can't just drive to the gym and lift by myself. My lifting partner who consequently is supposed to be my roomie and my ****ing best friend NEVER follows through on any of his pathetic promises. He cares nothing about anyone except himself and the money he makes. I'm fed up with this ****. I cannot wait for graduation day when I leave this place behind and get a car. You can bet your ass I'll never miss another workout.

JustinASU
10-08-2003, 05:00 PM
My arm is still in pain although the pain has lessened. Not enough for a good workout yet but getting there. Here's my workouts from Monday and tuesday (which is more than I've been able to do in 3 wks):

Monday
DB Bench
60x8, 75x4, 85x6, 75x8

BB Incline Bench
135x6, 155x4, 185x5, 155x10

*Cable OH Tri ext
*Chest flyes
*Pulldowns

Note: The chest flyes butchered my hurt arm so I need to lay off of these at least until after I see the doc tuesday.

Tuesday
squats
135x10, 315x4, 375x6, 315x8

45 degree Leg Press
10 platesx12, 10 45lb plates plus 2 100lb platesx7 " "x7

*Calf raises with new smith machine

Note: I have never had the DOMS that I had in my calves after this workout. It was amazing and good god calf DOMS feel good! This is a new machine in our gym. It isn't revolutionary but neither is my gym. I have a feeling that this machine coupled with my good leg genetics, my calves will explode in size.

Big o Boy
10-08-2003, 06:46 PM
nice workout's... that's a lot of leg power there. :thumbup:

DOM's? what is that?

Alke
10-08-2003, 08:54 PM
nice session there, yeah, you need to find another workoout partner. isnt there a gym closer that you can get to on your own?

Xand
10-14-2003, 09:31 AM
Nice to see your journals back up again and injuries SUCK! Just keep your goals in sight--we're rooting for you!

WillKuenzel
10-14-2003, 10:20 AM
Let us know how the dr.'s visit goes. Good to see you in the gym again. :)

JustinASU
12-17-2003, 12:14 PM
It's time I started posting again. Too bad I have to start out on a bad note. I got my capilers in the mail today (YAY). I was exctied until I measured the bodyfat. I'm still not sure I measured it right but I got 17.84%. Wow, I'm fat. I'm too scared to go on a cut for fear of losing LBM and strength. I have a cut plan worked out but I continue to hesitate, day after day. It's not like I have a whole hell of a lot of lean mass to lose. I am weighing in consistantly at 225 lbs, which means I am carrying approx. 40 lbs of fat and 185 lbs of muscle. At 6' tall that isn't above average. Basically I gotta drop 20 lbs of fat to hit the 10% bf mark. Whenever I get the balls to start cutting I have my diet worked out.

Meal 1: 1 carton eggbeaters w/ fat free cheddar, 1 cup milk
Meal 2: 5 oz chicken breast with greens and 2 tblsp olive oil
Meal 3: 5 oz chicken breast with baked sweet potato
Pre Workout: 1 scoop nitrean in water w/ 5 packs smarties
Post Workout: 2 scoops nitrean in water w/ 6 packs smarties
Meal 4: 2 pieces ww bread w/ 4 tblsp natty pb
Meal 5: 1 cup fat free cottage cheese

Macro Layout:

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 2505
Fat: 79 711 29%
Sat: 13 119 5%
Poly: 6 50 2%
Mono: 26 236 10%
Carbs: 183 686 28%
Fiber: 12 0 0%
Protein: 260 1038 43%

So that will be 2500 cals every day of the week except for a refeed day that I haven't figured out yet.

I will be supplementing with E&C 2-3 times daily.

I will update the journal with lifts accordingly and I WILLL NOT slack off tihs time!

My lifts have been stagnating lately which is another reason I'm worried about losing strength.

rookiebldr
12-17-2003, 01:20 PM
About time you started to update this journal. ;)

Looking forward to seeing the progress. 17% from my perspective (I'm 17% - 18% myself) isn't all that bad esp since you've been on long bulk. That's still a lot of muscle there and it will look great after the cut.

Good luck, Justin.

Mik
12-17-2003, 01:25 PM
Don't sweat it man. 17% isn't that bad. The first 3-4% at least will come off really quickly! Good luck.

JustinASU
12-17-2003, 04:20 PM
Rookie Thanks fo' stopping in! Yeah I have been bulking for 2 out of the 3 years I have been lifting with one 2 month cut in there so I suppose 17-18% ain't too bad. That's how I went from a scrawney 145 to a nice smooth 225 :D Thanks for the vote of confidence.

Mik Thanks, I sure as hell hope so because as soon as I hit 10% there will be a little suprise for my next bulk. :evillaugh

Teufelhund
12-17-2003, 04:31 PM
Good luck Justin. I'm trying to do the same thing right now. And I know EXACTLY how you feel. I don't think I'm going to like cutting.

PizDoff
12-18-2003, 11:39 PM
lol @ capilers

JustinASU
12-20-2003, 03:30 PM
Hey guys, little update on my thursday workout:

Flat DB Bench 3 sets of 5 reps
Incline BB Bench 4 sets of 12 reps
JM Presses 4 sets of 12 reps
Lat Pulldowns 3 sets of 5 reps
DB Rows 4 sets of 12 reps
BB curls 3 sets of 5 reps

As for today my food is (thus far--I woke up at 12:30pm after a little 'partying' with my bro last night)

Meal 1: 2 scoops nitrean in milk, 2 slices ww bread, 4 tblsp Natty PB (I was out of eggs)
Meal 2: 7 oz. chicken w/ greens and 2 tblsp olive oil
Pre Workout 15gr nitrean in agua

Now I shall workout.

JustinASU
12-20-2003, 03:32 PM
Good luck Justin. I'm trying to do the same thing right now. And I know EXACTLY how you feel. I don't think I'm going to like cutting.

What's up T? Yeah cutting is gonna be teh gheyest **** evah. Luckily I havent quite dropped to 2500 yet, That starts Monday fo' sho'. Right now I'm prolly still in the maintenence range. It's hard to go from 4500 cals to 2500, but I was over-bulking. I've decided to use Christmas Day as a refeed though :evillaugh I suggest you do the same.

JustinASU
12-20-2003, 05:55 PM
arrrrgggghh

What a pathetic workout. Cutting carbs is no fun. My deadlift was craptastic, although I haven't deadlifted for a month prior. I need chalk, yes that's it. wrapping towels around the bar is no longer acceptable. My grip is going to schit.

You know what's bad? The fact that people in a public gym are more friendly then people in the student gym up in Boone. Anyways I tried ATF front squats today and I almost broke my wrists. No more front squats, I hate 'em.

I could see 4 abs today. Prolly just shedding water but who knows. I'll test my BF again before my refeed next week.

Here's a rundown on the workout (I'm not posting weights right now because I am ashamed)

Deadlifts with static holds 5 sets of 5
ATF Front Squats 4 sets of 5
Wrist rollers until I wanted to cry
Standing Calf raises Strip set

That's it for now guys.

Scott S
12-20-2003, 06:55 PM
Good luck with the cut! From what I've read, LBM losses aren't really much to worry about until you hit 12% BF or so. Unless you cut really really fast.

Cutting sucks, but I started getting getting more compliments on being "muscular" at the end of my cut than before -- go figure! :D

JustinASU
12-21-2003, 03:44 PM
Good luck with the cut! From what I've read, LBM losses aren't really much to worry about until you hit 12% BF or so. Unless you cut really really fast.

Cutting sucks, but I started getting getting more compliments on being "muscular" at the end of my cut than before -- go figure! :D

Sweet, that means I will only have to worry about LBM losses for 2% of this cut. I'll need luck though. I love junky food like cookies and I still managed to eat 2 today :( I am cutting relatively fast (almost 1000 cals below maintenence) but I will have a big refeed every week to help leptin levels.

JustinASU
12-21-2003, 07:23 PM
SO I am confused and that means I get to make a journal entry. I did a BF measure today (3 site) and came up with 15.4%...So um, either I rock at dieting or something is wrong. Maybe I was retaining a lot of water due to carbs before....?

Mik
12-22-2003, 07:59 AM
Christmas refeed sounds like an ace idea Justin.
I would definitely recommend getting some chalk. It rules!

rookiebldr
12-22-2003, 10:39 AM
I haet you, seeing abs, even hints of them at 15% is down right unfair. Damn these kids today! ;)

clvmike19
12-22-2003, 10:42 AM
You went from 145 to 225!!! In how long?!? Jeebus, youre my hero!

galileo
12-22-2003, 11:04 AM
Carbs = water. Evil!

DarkSmurf
12-22-2003, 12:20 PM
Good luck with your cut. Become teh hardness.

DS

JustinASU
12-22-2003, 02:44 PM
Mik Yeah the refeed on Christmas is going to rock. The only problem is, I don't know how low fat I will be able to keep it...

Oh and I'm requesting Chalk as a stocking stuffer :thumbup: Though I need to work on my grip anyways.

Jeff/Rookie (whichever you prefer) When I say hint, I mean HINT....I can see an outline of a four pack. They're still under a nice layer of squishy fatness.

Mike Hey man! Thanks for stopping in. I basically bulked for 3 years with only a few months break in there and managed to gain that 85 lbs. I also put on a lot of unwanted fat because I have only been eating clean since I got on this site (which is not even a year yet). So yeah all you gotta do is eat 4000-5000 cals every day for a couple years and reaching those post 200 bodyweights is simple! ;)

Galigayo It's about damn time you posted something in my journal. You better continue to do so because I happen to worship your dieting advice, as you know.

DarkSmurf Thanks! I'm trying.... :bang:

JustinASU
12-22-2003, 11:29 PM
I feel incredibly weak.

I think I may have cut carbs too low too fast. My strength is on an exponential decline. But I AM fat, as Gal has stated so many times already today. So I guess I should suck it up.

HS bilateral flat bench (this was interesting.) 3 sets of 5
Incline DB press 4 sets of 12
Pec Deck or whatever the hell it is 4 sets of 12
Pulldowns 3 sets of 5
Bent Rows 3 sets of 5
DB rows 4 sets of 12
Curls

Diet was...
-EggBeaters w/ 2 whole eggs and fat free cheddar
-Chicken salad w/ olive oil
-chicken breast and mashed sweet potatoes
-smarties and preworkout shake
-smarties and postworkout shake
-Natty PB on ww bread
-Cottage Cheese

Also I have a few pics for those of you who dont know me. Some are casual some are of my fat ass without a shirt. You've been warned.

JustinASU
12-22-2003, 11:31 PM
Here's one of my face before I started cutting. This was taken a month ago but I just started cutting in the last few days. You can already see a difference in the face.

Teufelhund
12-22-2003, 11:32 PM
OMFG! What happened to your head! Its swelling!!! I'd go see a doc about that right away!

Quads look huuuge in that 2nd pic, by the way.

WillKuenzel
12-22-2003, 11:35 PM
Chalk = good. (http://www6.mailordercentral.com/ironmind/products.asp?dept=19&pagenumber=2) Mmm'kay.

WillKuenzel
12-22-2003, 11:40 PM
Crap the place is a little slow. I post and then all of the sudden there are pics! Quads look huge, man!

JustinASU
12-22-2003, 11:48 PM
I got more I'm just being slow about it.

JustinASU
12-23-2003, 12:08 AM
I look horrible here...

JustinASU
12-23-2003, 12:11 AM
T Yeah it's an unexplained medical phenomenon. Thanks for the comments.

Will Hey, thanks for the link and the comments bud. :D I actually like my quads...

Teufelhund
12-23-2003, 12:17 AM
Heh. Sorry Justin, I guess the joke is getting old, huh? I think the difference in your face is very dramatic. You have definitely made good progress on your cut so far. I wish I could say the same!

JustinASU
12-23-2003, 12:22 AM
Heh. Sorry Justin, I guess the joke is getting old, huh? I think the difference in your face is very dramatic. You have definitely made good progress on your cut so far. I wish I could say the same!

Nah, trust me you'll know when I think it's old. :thumbup:

Yeah I have only been cutting for 5 days too!

Teufelhund
12-23-2003, 12:27 AM
Really? LOL, I need to pay closer attention. I was looking at your cheeks and how your cheekbones are showing much more in the uglmug shot vs the meintx shot. Maybe the angle of the pic helped a little?

JustinASU
12-23-2003, 01:03 AM
Really? LOL, I need to pay closer attention. I was looking at your cheeks and how your cheekbones are showing much more in the uglmug shot vs the meintx shot. Maybe the angle of the pic helped a little?

Well, actually I really have lost water weight in my face and to add to that face fat always seems to be the first to go...

JustinASU
12-23-2003, 12:45 PM
I do wanna say these pics make my arms look like noodles. I am not flexing them all all. I will put one up today so you can see my little 16.5 inch cannons.

cphafner
12-23-2003, 01:27 PM
Justin: legs look huge. Hows the cold treating u up there. Hope you keep this updated!

JustinASU
12-23-2003, 02:36 PM
Justin: legs look huge. Hows the cold treating u up there. Hope you keep this updated!
Heya CP, long time no talk, err type, or post or something.

First of all, thanks. Secondly, I graduated on December 13th so now I'm stuck in the Hell that is Durham, NC. I'm currently looking desperately for a job since I'm broker than broke and living with the fam for now. And it's fookin' warm here. How ghey is that?

Saint Patrick
12-23-2003, 03:15 PM
The spell of the voodoo witch doctor is finally broken.

JustinASU
12-23-2003, 05:04 PM
The spell of the voodoo witch doctor is finally broken.

Yeah, too bad your head is still abnormally large.

JustinASU
12-23-2003, 08:21 PM
I've decided to post my weights no matter how pathetic they get on this cut. :( I need to track my loss of progress somehow.

Squats
135x10
315x5
365x5
375x5
385x5

ATF
225x10 (2 sets)

Leg Curls
12xentire stack (4 sets)

Leg Extensions
12x stack for 2 sets then I burnt out

And a poor attempt at shrugs. Kinda hard when not only do you sweat an abnormal amount, but when you sweat an abnormal amount plus you are taking an ECA (adds to the sweat) and you are not using straps or chalk.

Diet was good except I changed up meal 3's chicken for mahi mahi and a low fat mealball plus the same old sweet potato.

JustinASU
12-23-2003, 08:41 PM
So Christmas is gonna be the worst this year. I have a huge roman catholic family (parents weren't too fond of birth control) and every year, no matter what's going on in our lives, and despite the fact that we are now spread across the country all my sisters come and bring their husbands to the parents house and we have a damn good Christmas. This year none of my sisters are showing up. Two are in TX and can't spend money on plane tix right now, 1 just moved to VA, and the other, well who cares. Anyways, It was basically going to be me and the parents and I can make due although it is a bit depressing. Then they decide they want to leave home on Christmas...LEAVE HOME! And go visit one sister in VA and her family. Then they want to go to MD to visit my extended family! I don't tolerate traveling on Christmas day. It's sacreligious. It's against all family custom. I refuse to go. Which leaves me stuck here in North Carolina where we are having Spring like ****TY weather in the 60's. I think I'll cry myself to sleep on Christmas eve.

WillKuenzel
12-23-2003, 08:54 PM
I'd buy a big bottle of tequila and drink myself into a stupor while watching evil dead 2 and army of darkness. If I wasn't passed out in that time, I'd watch Pirates of the Carribean just because its a kick ass movie.

It'll turn out better than you think.

rookiebldr
12-23-2003, 09:42 PM
Justin simply awesome pics. Quads are looking massive and once you cut, those are going to totally standout. Shoulders and chest look great too for your bf.

Good to see your posting your weights now we'll know if it's the pink or blue dumbells that you are using. ;)

As for xmas, I'm with Will it will turn out better then you think.

Mik
12-24-2003, 09:54 AM
Just saw the pics Justin. Damn boy you've got some big quads! <jelous>
You look really thick, once you cut a bit more you'll look great.

Hope your Christmas turns out OK. I'm sure it will. I'd skip the tequilla though and go for the rye.

JustinASU
12-24-2003, 12:40 PM
Will Heya, these aren't too terrible suggestions, esp. the part about the tequila and Evil Dead, those movies are winners. I've no doubt that no matter how much alcohol I consume it will still be schitty.

Rook Thanks a lot for the compliments man. Although I prefer the powdery blue dumbells because they match my gym shorts.

Mik Yeah quads are all i got though, and you don't fool me, thick is another way way saying FAT! Perhaps I should skip the alkie on a cut....

JustinASU
12-26-2003, 05:50 PM
Christmas went better than I thought. As you bastards told me it would.

I was poor this year so I decided I'd go for the sentimental deal and I wrote my parents a two page letter about how appreciative I am of them and their support both financially and emotionally through college and all that fun, mushy stuff. It turned out to be a bit hit. Each one of them pulled me aside throughout the day to thank me for it and let me know how much they loved it. That's a big deal since emotions aren't an open thing in my family (unless it's anger). I also buckled and decided I would at LEAST go to Virginia for the day. This decision was based partly upon the fact that I needed a refeed and had no food in the house. The refeed turned out to be a sugary fatty mess but I suppose it did the job somewhat. Next week will be much cleaner. I felt so incredibly bloated from the carbs and to add to that I was up half the night with searing acid reflux due to all the damn grains I took in.

I woke up hungrier than hell but restricted breakfast to milk, a banana, and a 4 egg omelet, as I had no whites. After my E&C I felt somewhat satisfied. I can proudly say I didn't drink an ounce of alcohol but I had 3 slices of beer bread so I don't know if that counts.

All in all, not too shabby of a Christmas, though I've seen much better.

I worked out today but my strength was still on a horrible decline. I threw up a post in the lifting forum about this but I am bummed. What am I doing wrong? Cals today are predicted to be around 2500 as per the usual. I did a quick workout since my ghetto gym was closing at 4pm for more holiday hours.

DB flat Bench
60x12
85x5
85x5
85x4

*This is pathetic. I used to be able to do 90 for 7 reps.

Incline bench on some counter weighted piece of crap machine since I have no spotter. I don't know the weights on that but the rep scheme was 4 sets of 12, which ended up being 2 sets of 12 and 3 sets of 8.

JM Presses
80x12
80x12
80x12
80x12
*VERY low weight on these...My arms seem to be getting weaker faster than anything else. :mad:

Lat Pulldowns
170x12
210x5
210x5
210x5

BB curls with straight bar
100x5
100x5
100x5

I'm so tired of my lagging arms. My neck is in the 17" range, my calves are in the 18" range yet my arms are still in the 16-16.5" range and of course they wont grow on a cut. I guess since I started out with something like 11" straws I'm doing good but why is it that my legs are so superior??!@???

Sorry about the overall negative tone but if you know me well enough you should be used to this by now. I haven't seen a PR in a couple months. :redface:

DarkSmurf
12-27-2003, 02:00 AM
J,

Hang in there man. I think once the cut is over you'll see some new PR's -- I've got that tingly feeling that tells me so. Stick with it til the end, the wheels will look damn good when cut. And the girlies appreciate that.

DS

Hercule
12-27-2003, 03:07 PM
Lookin good. Weights are still good even while cutting. I know exactly what its like. I'm trying to fight my way back after 25lbs. weight loss. And wow, your head actually looks normal in those pics, heh. Looking good man.

JustinASU
12-29-2003, 12:20 PM
DarkSmurf I almost want to end the cut today. I'm hungrier than hell, I look wiry and lanky, and I miss my PRs. I will perservere though because I must.

Hercule Hey bro! Thanks for stopping in! I'm a lot weaker than I'd like to be though I have cut my carbs in half. You guys will see how fast my strength will fly up after this cut though. :angel:

I don't feel like posting anything long but this was saturday's workout:

Deads
135x10
225x5
315x5
405x5
425x4
I can't believe I've gotten this weak!!!!! I used to be able to do 405 for 8 and 425 for 5-6.

Front atf squats
225x5
225x5
225x5

Standing Calf Raise
360x10
380x8
400x7

Then the gym closed and I had to escort the woman who was working there out while she locked the place up. She told me I could be her bodyguard since muscle=safety. :cool:

Today is an upper day.

BTW after reading a lot about this DoggCrapp fellow. (See post in the training forum) I've decided he knows his sh!t and his routine/diet will be my next bulking cycle.

JustinASU
12-29-2003, 12:22 PM
I forgot to mention I've prolly been setting my cut back a bit due to the fact that I've had about 5-6 drinks this past weekend for my buddy's b-day. Ah well. I'm about 223 @ 15% now though.

cphafner
12-29-2003, 12:33 PM
Justin: glad you're christmas turned out better than you thought. I couldn't believe how warm is was. I missed the north dearly on christmas. I wish my strength sucked like yours. Cuts are hard. I agree with everyone that your nimbers will be very impressive postcut.

WillKuenzel
12-29-2003, 02:38 PM
Maybe with your legs getting weaker I can finally catch up. :p

Glad things turned out better as I said they would. ;)

Don't worry about your strength while cutting. (of course its easier said than done) It'll rebound quite quick.

JustinASU
12-29-2003, 03:20 PM
CP I'm glad it was sh!t too. And I'm tired of this warm damn weather...I miss Boone!!! Are you feeling this heat today? It must be like 65-70. I truely hope my "nimbers" ARE impressive post-cut! ;)

Will You may catch up temporarily but Come bulk time in the later winter/spring, your ass is mine!

JustinASU
12-29-2003, 06:33 PM
Weight: 221.5

Well my workout was, as is becoming the norm, weak as hell tonight. I couldnt find a good chest move without a spotter so I bounced around.

Ended up doing something like

DB bench
60x10
85x5
85x4
:(

HS flat press
245x5
245x5
245x5

Machine Flyes
130x12
130x12
130x12
130x12

Pulldowns w/ back against pad
100x8
110x6
110x6
110x6

BB Row
135x10
185x5
205x5
205x5
205x5

DB Curls
35x12
35x12
35x12
35x12

I'm usually a very negative guy but I looked amazing in the mirror after my lifting session tonight. Despite being carb depleted for the most part my muscles seemed round and full and I could see my 4 pack clearly. I really impressed myself on a rear lat spread. It's starting to look much more impressive since my waist is slimming down. I have lost something like 5 lbs so far...should I be concerned? It hasn't quite been 2 weeks on the cut...

pruneman
12-29-2003, 07:39 PM
I'm usually a very negative guy but I looked amazing in the mirror after my lifting session tonight. Despite being carb depleted for the most part my muscles seemed round and full and I could see my 4 pack clearly. I really impressed myself on a rear lat spread. It's starting to look much more impressive since my waist is slimming down. I have lost something like 5 lbs so far...should I be concerned? It hasn't quite been 2 weeks on the cut...

I know i don't post in here too much but i've been reading your journal for a while. I checked out your pics and you definately have a great frame to carry some serious mass and that is a compliment, i'm not saying that you look fat. I think you have a very solid physique and i think you will look great after this cut.

rookiebldr
12-29-2003, 08:13 PM
Justin, I wouldn't be too concerned about losing the 5 lbs already. Frequently you can lose rapidly when you first cut and 5lbs is not an inordinate amount. Seeing the improvement already is great. At this rate, you'll be posting new pics very soon and starting the next bulk even sooner.

Teufelhund
12-29-2003, 08:53 PM
Hey sounds like good news to me! Congrats, Justin.

I still have no abs. :(

JustinASU
12-30-2003, 03:52 PM
I totally cheated last night....I was hanging out with the boys and half of a pizza slipped into my mouth. Err yeah so I decided to go ahead with a refeed today to make it look like it wasn't a lapse in willpower.

- 4 waffles w/ maple syrup, 2 cups milk
- 2 ww bagels, 2 cups milk
- 5 oatmeal cookies, 2 cups milk
- 5 oz. chicken w/ 1/2 cup dry oats
....and more to come.

Pruneman Thanks for actually posting. I appreciate the comments and it's ok, I know you think I'm fat. ;)

Rook I wish I was nearly as optimistic as you at this point...that pizza prolly set me back.

T Yeah but you make up for it by the fact that you're bigger AND stronger than me. Bastard. :D

rookiebldr
12-30-2003, 05:13 PM
Justin, it's just a carb up day like you said. Next week will you'll take another 1 or 2 off, easy.

AstronautJones
12-30-2003, 06:12 PM
LMAO! This journal is great. Keep up the good work man. Cutting isn't easy.

JustinASU
12-30-2003, 07:50 PM
Rook :burger: :nod:

AstronautJones Thanks for stopping in! Glad you enjoy my pain! ;)

Leg Day!!!!

Squats
135x10
225x5
315x5
385x5
385x5
385x4

ATF
135x11
225x8

*My back hurt so bad at this point, there's still a form issue in there...

Leg Curls
4 sets of 12

Leg Extensions
3 sets of 12

Tried to do calf raises but my back hurt too bad.

More of my diet...
Preworkout: 10 packs of smarties 1 scoop nitrean
Postworkout: 10 packs smarties 2 scoops nitrean

Hercule
12-30-2003, 08:54 PM
LMAO, half a pizza fell in your mouth...nice way of puttin it. I know exactly what your going through. I was low carbin for 2 months, i lost a LOT of weight, but a lot of strenght too, but its coming back fast. You're doing great. Even if you are cutting, you still outlift me :(. Keep up the great work.

JustinASU
01-02-2004, 12:55 PM
LMAO, half a pizza fell in your mouth...nice way of puttin it. I know exactly what your going through. I was low carbin for 2 months, i lost a LOT of weight, but a lot of strenght too, but its coming back fast. You're doing great. Even if you are cutting, you still outlift me :(. Keep up the great work.

Thanks Herc, nice to know you've felt my pain and I'm not just a loser. :p

JustinASU
01-02-2004, 12:56 PM
Planned diet today

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 2808
Fat: 103 927 34%
Sat: 20 176 6%
Poly: 10 94 3%
Mono: 43 383 14%
Carbs: 200 754 28%
Fiber: 12 0 0%
Protein: 262 1050 38%

I know, it's higher than I've been doing. Well I don't think I'm eating enough, even for a cut.

Criticisms?

JustinASU
01-02-2004, 03:55 PM
Worked out with my little sister today. I'm trying to teach her how to lift. Today she learned the 2 essential female lifts: squats and SLDLs. She also did some leg presses and seated cable rows. She actually enjoyed it but she's afraid she might get too muscular. I laughed at her.

Here's my workout for today:

Flat BB bench
135x12
185x5
205x5
215x5
225x5
225x5
225x5
**Not too shabby for a cut and my weak ass upper body

incline (for sh!ts and giggles)
135x12
135x12
135x8
**eh...

JM Presses
4 sets of 12

Lat Pulldowns
170x10
200x5
210x5
210x5
210x5

DB Rows (exhaustion sets)
65x12 (per arm)
65x12
65x12
65x12

Curls w/ straight bar
100x5

Curls with cable
130x5
130x5

That's it!

JustinASU
01-03-2004, 02:43 PM
I feel fat and uber-bloated today and I dont know why.... :cry:

MrWebb78
01-03-2004, 02:48 PM
because you use the word uber

rookiebldr
01-04-2004, 12:59 AM
ROFL, yup that will do it. :)

Mik
01-04-2004, 09:47 AM
Like everyone said Justin, don't worry about the strength loss while cutting. It sucks I know but it happens. It's worse at the beginning but gets better. On my last cut my weights dropped like crazy at first but towards the end I was seeing some PRS.

Oh, and glad to hear your Christmas turned out OK.

midee1
01-04-2004, 11:29 AM
Long time lurker, First time poster.

Damn I feel your pain. Carb depletion is kickin my ass right now. If only I were as strong as you during depletion. :strong:
I lookin forward to my refeed in about 6 days. Hell with the pizza jumpin im my mouth I'm going to shovel that sh!t in. :burger: :D

JustinASU
01-04-2004, 03:06 PM
Webb and Rook http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/sauer/angry-smiley-047.gif

Mik PRs on a cut? I can only hope...

midee Thanks for posting! My carb up day is tomorrow..I can almost taste it...

Workout yesterday

Deads (still no chalk)
135x10
225x5
315x5
405x5

Rack Pulls
405x1
455x1

Front Squats
(went light because my back was too sore)
185x5
185x5
185x5

Shrugs
315x10
315x10
365x6

Standing Calf Raises
360x12
380x10
400x8
400x8

JustinASU
01-05-2004, 10:03 PM
HEY my middle finger smilie is gone! Hmm...I'll have to take a pic of my middle finger and give it to you guys personally.

Workout today was so scattered I can even begin to write it down. I couldn't get a pump and I was weaker than a quadrapelegic baby.

BTW is ever you want a quick way to get some EFA's in, I do NOT recommend Olive Oil shots.

Brand
01-05-2004, 10:43 PM
Good advice on the olive oil, I'll remember never to do that. Hope the cut is going well.

Mik
01-06-2004, 08:08 AM
405x5 on deads with no chalk? :eek:
Once I get beyond 315-365 I needs ma chalk.

JustinASU
01-06-2004, 10:08 PM
Brand Welcome to WBB and thanks for stopping by!

Mik Yeah 405x5 is weak :cry:

Okay so I had an amazing workout tonight. Best in a month. Considering I'm cutting AND going on 3 hours of sleep AND I worked my ass off all day long I should have been weak as hell. No. I am teh quadzilla.

Deep Squats (not atf)
135x12
225x8
315x5
365x5
365x5
385x5
****Form was immaculate and I went below parallel. I'm so proud. I could SO own 4 pps right now.

ATF squats
135x8
225x5
225x5
255x4 and almost didnt come up.

Leg Curls
Stackx12 for 4 sets

Standing Calf raises
380x12
400x12
400x12
420x10

Here's the fun part kids. I had an audience while squatting (okok two older guys) AND an old verteran lifter stayed after to wait until I was done working out to tell me how impressive my squats were. I rock.

My bodyweight today 219.5, teh cut continues!!!!

JuniorMint6669
01-07-2004, 02:43 AM
I rock.

Nice squatting!

cphafner
01-07-2004, 07:26 AM
sick weights justin!

galileo
01-07-2004, 07:33 AM
From the looks of your ATF's compared to your PL squats I'd say your are more like asszilla.

Mik
01-07-2004, 08:27 AM
Nice squatting Justin. Those are some impressive weights.

Teufelhund
01-07-2004, 09:52 AM
Thats awesome Justin! You are teh quadzilla!

JustinASU
01-07-2004, 11:07 PM
AHHHHHHHHHHHH the forum has been running SO slow all night. ANYWAYS....

Junior, CP, Mik Thanks!!
Teuf Thanks, even thought you can still squat more then me, but I'm catching up!!
Gal I'm confused by that statement. I thought ATF worked one's ass much more than parallel squats. That would mean I have stronger quads. You saying my ass is big??

rookiebldr
01-07-2004, 11:11 PM
Yes, he's saying your ass is big. :p

Teufelhund
01-07-2004, 11:49 PM
AHHHHHHHHHHHH the forum has been running SO slow all night. ANYWAYS....
You're not kidding. almost unusable.

Teuf Thanks, even thought you can still squat more then me, but I'm catching up!!
Yeah, I noticed you catching up. I might just need to start working a little harder ;)...

Saint Patrick
01-08-2004, 12:01 AM
Nice squatting.

Scott S
01-08-2004, 01:14 AM

Hey, have you found a job yet? I graduated in December too and I'm still looking.

JustinASU
01-09-2004, 10:20 AM
Teuf Yeha it's pissing me off. After my cut is over you betta work extra hard because I think I will have 4 plates per side for 5 reps squatting by hm....March.

Patty Thanks bro!

Scott Actually funny you asked, I just went through my third interview for enterprise rent-a-car and it was exhaustive as hell but I got the job and I am officially a management trainee. What's your major?

galileo
01-09-2004, 10:27 AM
When I do atf squats, it's all quads baby. Then again, I narrow my stance quite a bit, so it makes a difference.

cphafner
01-09-2004, 10:38 AM
congrats on the job justin!

Mik
01-09-2004, 01:59 PM
Grats on the job Justin. When do you start?

JustinASU
01-09-2004, 07:11 PM
Thanks guys I start Tuesday.

I worked out with Alex (Belial), Will (HomeYield), Isaac (Borris), and Jeff (Rook) tonight. I'll tell ya, if you want to feel weak and inferior this is a good group to work out with. ;)

The important part is....I HIT ANOTHER PR ON MY CUT!

DEADLIFTS (conventional)
135x12
225x6
315x5
405x2
435x2
455x1
475x1
485x1

****10 lbs away from 5 plates per side! :eek:

midee1
01-09-2004, 07:21 PM
I worked out with Alex (Belial), Will (HomeYield), Isaac (Borris), and Jeff (Rook) tonight. I'll tell ya, if you want to feel weak and inferior this is a good group to work out with. ;)

No Sh!t. I would just crawl back under my rock. ;)

You'll get those 5 PPS soon enough. You have to to be in the same room as that crew. :bow:

Mik
01-10-2004, 02:02 PM
Nice pullin foo! 5pps would be sweet. Hopefully in a year I'll be able to pull that.

WillKuenzel
01-11-2004, 12:06 AM
Weak and inferior my ass! With deads more than mine I don't think so! Awesome lifting dude!!!

Scott S
01-11-2004, 01:24 AM
Nice pull!!

I'm a computer science major, BTW. I've been doing lots of applying, but no bites yet. With the number of CS/IT jobs that are out there, it's only a matter of time. Congrats on landing the management position!

JustinASU
01-11-2004, 01:56 PM
I will erspond later. I feel like ass right now. I mixed a few liquids ni my stomach last nigth that prolly should not have been mixed.

Hercule
01-11-2004, 02:31 PM
Nice liftin man. Squats and deads both looked great.

JustinASU
01-11-2004, 03:06 PM
oh and btw Thanks for the comments all. I'm still recovering from last night. I was supposed to get in another workout at teh Dukie gym with the guys but that just didn't happen. Benching is not recommnded when you wake up still innhebriated (err however you spell it. Yes I'm too lazy to spell check it.)

carolinagirl
01-11-2004, 10:19 PM
His head is actually normal sized, people. (Yeah, I was kind of disappointed too. :()

Nice to see you again, Justin. Too bad you were too much of a darn pansy to get up and lift with us today!! ;) (Will lifted. And he was WAY drunker than you were.)

JustinASU
01-11-2004, 11:42 PM
His head is actually normal sized, people. (Yeah, I was kind of disappointed too. :()

Nice to see you again, Justin. Too bad you were too much of a darn pansy to get up and lift with us today!! ;) (Will lifted. And he was WAY drunker than you were.)

Heath, all I gotta say is you did not stay long enough. It was a crazy time. Although I still feel like the immature loser of the group. BTW I got WAY drunker than Will after you left. Will was just more fun than I am.

I have severe self confidence issues so I was kinda closed off throughout the whole weekend. Oh well, what's new? I'm always like that.

JustinASU
01-12-2004, 12:02 AM
RANT
(Don't read if you want to continue to respect me...that is if you still do.)

I need to vent so I figure I'll keep it in private so unless you are now choosing to read this (which would be stupid on your part) then you don't have to read it.

Long story short, I'm depressed for some reason. I feel like life is flying by. I spent three years in college and graduated early. I spent maybe a week or two after college looking for a job and got one. Part of my college career was miserable because it was the all time lowest point of my life where success felt like a foreign concept and misfortune surrounded me. I feel like I'm going through the motions with no genuine desire or drive behind my actions. I'm doing them because I feel they're necessary and that's what my family and friends expect me to do. I don't want to do this. I'm only 21 and just turned at that. I want to enjoy life and be among my friends. Unfortunately all my friends are still in college living it up while I turn into a stiff in the corporate world. I can't relate to my own friends anymore, and they're all older than me. I miss my college town, I miss my campus, I miss my apartment, and I miss my friends.

And to compound this feeling, this weekend SHOULD have cheered me up. I met some great people, some of the best actually. I hit an impressive PR. But I still feel like I failed in expressing my personality and enjoying myself, as ****ing corny as that may sound. I just closed up and become another body in the room. I always do this. I become so nervous and preoccupied with what other people think about me that I don't act like me for fear of rejection. I say and do stupid things and I think about the "deeper meaning" behind what people say and/or act towards me. Hell, maybe I'm a manic. Before the weekend started I was one of the happiest guys in the world. I had just gotten my job, I was not gonna be the "poor guy" anymore. I was going to have an amazing weekend. And now I feel lower than I have in weeks; months even. What the **** is wrong with me? No wonder I never feel like I'm part of the group. I'm just a forced piece of it that akwardly remains there. And as sad as it is, I think this is 75% of my drive to get as huge as is possible. I feel like somehow I can validate myself to others and to myself if I can become a successful bodybuilder one day. I keep looking ahead to a brighter part of life. I think "If I can just get a good job", "If I can just be financially stable", "If I can just get huge", "If I can just change my whole ****ing personality around so I'm not a self conscious condfidentless pansy" ....but even if most of that stuff happens (which it doesnt) I know I'd still be seeing faults in my life and looking ahead to some time when I will truely be genuinely happy--which will never occur at this rate.

So why the **** am I sitting here at 1am venting on a message board to a bunch of strangers that could care less? I don't know but it does help to type it out and organize my thoughts on the subject. It won't fix anything but it almost temporarily relieves the ****tiness of it all. Sorry about this rant, and I'm even more sorry if you guys actually read through it. I'll try not to let it happen again.

midee1
01-12-2004, 06:13 AM
:nod: Well said and well thought out. I myself spend alot of time thinking about how other people feel about me and what I look like in their eyes. So days I'm miserable because of it. I'm finally, with the help of my wife, getting over it and understanding I am me and don't really give a phuck what other people think. You have to learn to be happy with yourself and let the chips fall where they may.

BTW I read the whole thing and don't think any less of you. Perhaps more for the honesty. :smoke:

Isaac Wilkins
01-12-2004, 06:40 AM
Just thought I'd jump on in here to say what's up before my plane leaves.

Congratulations on having the nuts to write that rant, dude. It's funny, we were all (it's been spoken) really impressed with you. We thought you were a lot of fun, and really nice. I'm very glad that I was able to meet you.

Congratulations on the job, and give me a shout sometime.

galileo
01-12-2004, 07:13 AM
Justin, listen up. I was just thinking a very similar thing and I figured I'd share what I've found. I think most people in their early 20's have doubts and fears, and I for one feel I am "going through the motions" just the same as you. My focus is on my personal life, whereas many others (consequentially older) I see are focused on their career. I think that a day will come where my priorities will switch a bit, but until then I'm just going to enjoy the fact that I have a career (and none of my friends do) and that I am beginning to create a prosperous existance for myself because of the hard work I put in early on. On a side note, I can't relate to any of my friends on a career/education level, but I enjoy them for who they are. You don't have to "relate" to someone to have a good friendship.

So, keep your head up or basically suck it up. I'm sure it's just part of growing up.

Mik
01-12-2004, 11:15 AM
Well said Gal. Justin, I read your post and can completely identify with what you've said. Although I'm older than you I fall into the trap of saying if only I can get my mortgage paid off, if only I can land such and such a deal at work, if only my wife and I could have more time together. The fact is the material stuff and career stuff is great but what really counts is you and the way you feel about yourself. I grew up shy, self concious and afraid. Over the years I began to feel better about myself and realized that I'm no worse than anyone. Everyone has faults and does/says stupid things from time to time. The bottom line is it sounds like you've accomplished alot (finishing college early, getting a good job before your friends, getting huge and strong) so enjoy these accomplishments and give yourself a pat on the back once in awhile.

WillKuenzel
01-12-2004, 07:46 PM
I don't think you give yourself nearly enough credit. You're still making good gains, evident by your deadlifts on only a couple hours sleep. You just got a job, which can open many doors. And I'll speak for both Jess and I that we were impressed with you in being able to hang out a bit more than we did at the show. You've got a lot going for you, but you just have realize it.

I also understand though that alot of that is easier said than done. At one point things were really bad for me as well. It just taking the understanding of where you are and what you want. You can't fall into the trap of getting stuck in just going through the motions. Especially as bodybuilders, its tough not to just focus on the bad but we can't do that in that there have to be those bright moments where we realize we do have something good to hold on to and more to look forward to.

staggard
01-12-2004, 08:17 PM
Hey slick. You think you're life sucks.. I've climed the corporate ladder the past three years and am now at a senior management level for a multi-billion dollar company. Yeah, I finished college, all my friends moved away. Im the F&%$ face that is still in an area i absolutly hate. Living a life I can't stand. I've also been very successful in real estate as a private entrepreneur. MONEY IS NOT EVERYTHING. As nortorious BIG put it. MO Money- Mo Problems. Thats all it is. I'm only 25 and feel like im 45. I'll be starting graduate school here in the spring and don't have the slightest clue why. The things I liked, I don't like anymore. The people I love, I can't stand.

I can tell you one thing though that I've learned as I am still in your place. ALCOHOL MAKES IT 10,000,000 times worse!!! You're depressed because alcohol is a depressent. Now you need to wait for your body to discharge all that crap. If I get drunk, I'm depressed for about a week. REALLY BADLY. You need to focus on your goals and create new ones. My focus is getting this property i have completed and i'm getting the Freak outta this area. I've even contemplated joining the military just to leave a life i can't stand. And instead of doing this crap, I started focusing in more on lifting and going to church. You'd be amazed how much going to church can change your life.

Scott S
01-12-2004, 11:12 PM
Grats on having the courage to pour that out.

That said, you are the poster boy of dukkha. You are unsatistfied with life, and believe that "if you only had _____, you'd be happy." You are uncomfortable at parties, and feel like you're just coasting through life.

I usually hate people who pimp their religions on me, but if you picked up a copy of "Mindfulness in Plain English" by Henepola Gunaratana, I think it could make a world of difference for you.

[/pimp]

JustinASU
01-12-2004, 11:25 PM
Well, to tell you the truth, I was kind of scared to open my journal today. In fact, I was contemplating staying away from wbb for a few weeks until I didnt feel like such an ass for posting all that whiney bitchiness last night. Boy was I wrong, you guys came in here and supported the HELL out of me. This stuff I said is stuff I don't even tell my friends that I've known for the last decade but somehow when I'm typing to people over the internet its not as bad. Goddamn, I feel like a part of a ****ing community here. To know that many of you have been in the same mind set and the same place is somehow reassuring. It helps me feel like I'll eventually push through this **** and act like a human being one day. I almost feel incredibly stupid for writing that rant but that'd be self defeating and throw me into another mood. Plus that's how I felt/feel so I was just being incredibly honest. That said, thanks guys for not only letting me vent but not thinking less of me and showing your full support. I occasionally feel odd developing relationships over the internet like this but the relationships I've created are really starting to become an important part of my life in a positive way.

Isaac Thanks for the comments man, they're truely appreciated. I take a while to warm up to new people especially people that I feel like I need to impress so if you're down here in August perhaps I won't be such a damn tool.

Will Ya know, I really wanted to hang out at your show too but that lack of self confidence kicked in and I chickened out of that one. I'm glad I grew some balls and hung around you guys this weekend. Besides there's no way in Hell I would have ever gotten to see the entertaining, yet slighting crazy guy that you are if I didn't.

Xian (Now that I know what it means!) It truely seems like you were in the same boat at one time. You really know how to take the situation and put it in a better light.

Midee Thanks for the support man, it means a lot.

Mik Thanks man. That helped me a lot. Again, it's great to know people like you who seem to have a very successful and content situation right now could come from where I am now.

And... staggard Thanks for stopping in the journal. Kind of a ****ty note for you to step in on but I appreciate the support.

Now that my little breakdown/rant is filling this thing up, I'm going to try to get back to workouts so you guys don't have to endure my whining anymore.

JustinASU
01-12-2004, 11:26 PM
Scott Thanks bro. Dukkha? What is that exactly?

JustinASU
01-12-2004, 11:32 PM
Workout today

***I was ****ing around too much, I need to get down some solid moves. I know I shouldn't focus on it but I keep looking for lifts that give me a pump, since its the only way I look big anymore on this cut ;)

Decline Bench
135x13
185x7
225x7
225x7
245x4

Incline smith burnout
135x12
30 secs
135x10
30 secs
135x8
30 secs
135x6

***At this point I messed around with tricep moves and I just couldnt find one I liked

Then I went with a seated row machine, a low row HS machine and simple pulldowns...I cant find a lat move I like anymore either...ahhh this workout was quickly going to hell.

DB curls
40x12
40x12
40x12
40x12
w/ 30 secs rest between sets.

Diet today: (Just getting back at it)

-3 eggs, 1 cup eggbeaters, 1/2 cup oats dry, 1 scoop whey
-meatloaf (lean), broccoli
-2 pieces ww bread w/ 3-4 tblsp natty pb
-2 scoops whey in skim milk
-2 scoops whey in water with dex (postworkot)
-6-7 oz chicken breast
-1 cup cottage cheese

Scott S
01-12-2004, 11:39 PM
"Dukkha" is a Sanskrit word that, translated directly means "suffering", but more accurately indicates a general unease or dissatisfaction with one's life. Buddhism is all about dealing with the desires that make people miserable. It's fascinating stuff (at least to me.) :)

staggard
01-13-2004, 07:46 PM
no prob dude, i try to slip into everyones journal every now and then. i'm not exactly the most well known person in WBB. But everyone starts somewhere!

midee1
01-13-2004, 08:40 PM
Glad to be of some help. Btw if I get down into the carolinas later this year I wouldn't mind meetin ya. Trust me you don't have to try to impress me. :D If ya see my journal pics you'll know what I mean. :bash:

I can tell you some stories about kids and marriage that will make you situation look better. :evillaugh

JustinASU
01-13-2004, 09:21 PM
staggard I used to not be well known but I was fortunate that I got known for my mini noggin :p

midee Awesome bro, there's a huge WBB meet at a show on August 14th if you want to aim for that date!

JustinASU
01-13-2004, 09:26 PM
Well I got good news and I got bad news.

Bad news first.

I had to shave my goatee of four years today. I think I teared up. I look so weird, it's just not me. There goes my last bastion of freedom... :cry:

Then the good news. Teh quadzilla stikes again.

Workout
Squats
135x10
225x5
315x5
385x5
385x1 (to check form)
405x2
***Holy crap! I broke four plates per side and for two reps...where's this strength coming from?!?

ATF Squats
225x6
275x4
275x4
275xback is fried

Leg Curls
Stackx12
Stackx12
Stackx12
Stackx12
* 30 secs rest

Standing Calves
400x10
420x10
440x8
440x6
* 25 secs rest

OH man. I think I will publish a new stregnth training concept. Stop sleeping and eat less. I was going on 4 hours sleep and lots of ephedrine.

But I have to ask....WHY is my lower body flying up but my upper is losing so much strength????

rookiebldr
01-14-2004, 12:33 AM
Nice squatting dude! Must be some left over jager, it does the body wonders. :)

I just read your rant(s) and I guess I'm a little late to the party, however, rarely at loss for words I will jump in. Many more than you know, have very real self-image issues. Just as you said, it's not just how we look, but did we act the right way, could we have said it differently, why didn't I do something different. We can't let them overpower us and drag us down to the point where nothing improves. Self doubt for some, may always be present, but you can learn to show yourself to others and be confident that they will like what they see.

It was great getting to meet you in person. I knew that you were one of the people I wanted to meet as we started to chat more and more. Meeting you gives me a better sense of your posts and the personal meaning behind those posts. This helps me in the long run as I will know which *buttons* I should or shouldn't push in my posts. ;) I'll echo Isaac, we were impressed with you and I was glad to have been able to hang with you.

Hit me up, dude and I'll do the same. :)

Scott S
01-14-2004, 12:49 AM

Squatting 405 is nice. I noticed that I, too, lost upper-body strength a lot faster while cutting. Perhaps the daily motions of walking are enough to convince the body that it should hang on to lower body strength during a caloric deficit.

How is the weight loss going, by the way?

JustinASU
01-16-2004, 09:18 PM
Hey guys, Im working 60 hours a week now. The future looks quite bleak. Just so you dont think I'm not updating. I tried working out but I'm really sick, averaging 4 hrs of sleep a night. This job is killing me. I'm not happy.

JustinASU
01-16-2004, 09:45 PM
P.S. I'm think I'm losing my grip on reality.

Alke
01-16-2004, 10:29 PM
hey justin, that squat is unreal man, congrats on 405!

wow, I read your rant and it was like you got inside my head man. I have had those thoughts so many times.....thats how I found myself in back in school getting a degree. It was my thinking that if I created a change in my life, more positive things would start hapenning to me and sorta get me going in some sort of direction.

your a thinker, and that is not always a good thing. Couple that with feelings of "what if - this or that" and "how am I percieved" you can find yourself just taking up space very fast. I used alcohol and sex to validate myself in my 20's for quite a while - and it worked for quite a while. Till I got a DWI and ALMOST got caught having sex with the wife of a chief masterseargent. All this happened while I was in the military, and it was not getting better.

I spent 4 months in jail for that DWI and had plenty of time to be a thinker. I still find myself just people watching more than actively interacting, but it does get easier.

If I find myself just people watching and analyzing them, I get up and go over and say Hi, and let it evolve from there. The hard part is getting up and starting the coversation going, once I am talking you cant shut me up. A lot of people dont know how shy I really am, but I use a lot of willpower to open my mouth and say "hey there".

dont know if any of this helps you, I guess all I really needed to say is your not the only one with those feelings bro'.

Teufelhund
01-17-2004, 02:23 PM
Hi Justin - check your PMs.
LOL, I tried getting you on AIM, your away message says "Life has handed me only joy and happiness." Anyway, I thought it was funny.

Kenn and Rook gave you some good advice up there. You are definitely not alone.

JustinASU
01-18-2004, 08:58 PM
hey justin, that squat is unreal man, congrats on 405!

wow, I read your rant and it was like you got inside my head man. I have had those thoughts so many times.....thats how I found myself in back in school getting a degree. It was my thinking that if I created a change in my life, more positive things would start hapenning to me and sorta get me going in some sort of direction.

your a thinker, and that is not always a good thing. Couple that with feelings of "what if - this or that" and "how am I percieved" you can find yourself just taking up space very fast. I used alcohol and sex to validate myself in my 20's for quite a while - and it worked for quite a while. Till I got a DWI and ALMOST got caught having sex with the wife of a chief masterseargent. All this happened while I was in the military, and it was not getting better.

I spent 4 months in jail for that DWI and had plenty of time to be a thinker. I still find myself just people watching more than actively interacting, but it does get easier.

If I find myself just people watching and analyzing them, I get up and go over and say Hi, and let it evolve from there. The hard part is getting up and starting the coversation going, once I am talking you cant shut me up. A lot of people dont know how shy I really am, but I use a lot of willpower to open my mouth and say "hey there".

dont know if any of this helps you, I guess all I really needed to say is your not the only one with those feelings bro'.
Kenn, that was an awesome post. Your thought processes are exactly like mine. Thanks for showing me you sympathizewith me, it means a lot. One day I'll get past it, but it's gonna be one hell of a battle.

JustinASU
01-18-2004, 09:00 PM
Hi Justin - check your PMs.
LOL, I tried getting you on AIM, your away message says "Life has handed me only joy and happiness." Anyway, I thought it was funny.

Kenn and Rook gave you some good advice up there. You are definitely not alone.
Yo T, got the PM, I never have time to reply to anything though. :(

JustinASU
01-18-2004, 09:01 PM
well I missed two workouts this week. I'm still hovering around the 13-14% mark, I dont think my body is physically able to get past that. I'll never be able to compete by next year. Even with some cycles under my belt.

JustinASU
01-18-2004, 09:58 PM
diet today:

- eggbeaters, 3 eggs, 1 bowl cereal
-3 cookies and 2 cups milk
-12 oz chicken breast
-10 oz lean ground beef
-3 scoop whey in 1 cup milk
-2 slices ww bread and 4 tablespoons natty pb
-1 cup cottage cheese, 1 cup sugar free yogurt, 1 cup milk

JuniorMint6669
01-18-2004, 11:41 PM
well I missed two workouts this week. I'm still hovering around the 13-14% mark, I dont think my body is physically able to get past that. I'll never be able to compete by next year. Even with some cycles under my belt.

Not with that attitude you wont! :tuttut: keep your chin up and everything will be OKAY!! :thumbup: trust me

JustinASU
01-19-2004, 09:09 PM
Had a mediocre workout today, well good considering I worked 12 hours on 6 hrs sleep and I'm still cutting.

Flat Bench
135x6
185x5
225x5
235x5
245x3
245x3
**Most weight I've put on the bench in a while, not bad.

Machine Flyes(30 secs rest)
130x12
130x12
130x12
130x11

JM Press (working lighter on form)
95x7
115x5
135x5
135x5
135x5
**form still shakey here, wrists hurt

Chins
bwx5
bwx5
bwx5
bwx4
***weak as hell...ah well.

Lateral cable raises
40x12
50x10
60x8

DB curls(30 secs rest)
40'sx12
40sx12
40sx12

JustinASU
01-19-2004, 09:10 PM
Oh yeah and bodyweight is down to 218.5

Hercule
01-19-2004, 09:37 PM
Congrats on the weight loss. Workouts look great too.

Mik
01-20-2004, 09:49 AM
Nice benching Justin! Grats on teh weight loss.

galileo
01-20-2004, 10:41 AM
Good workout Justin. See, you are stronger than me!

Alke
01-20-2004, 02:28 PM
hey justin, solid workout.

12 hour workday sucks, I pulled 12's in the military but it was cool then cause we worked three days straight 12 hour shifts then had 4 days off. I did that for about a year at one base, work sucked but it was cool getting a four day break every three days.....

JustinASU
01-20-2004, 09:57 PM
sorry I can respond guys, no time right now, I'll respond tomorrow AND post in your journals! :nod:

workout
squats
135x11
225x5
315x5
365x5
405x3
405x2.5

Leg curls supersetted with calf raise.

Saint Patrick
01-20-2004, 10:09 PM
nice squatting bro.

cphafner
01-21-2004, 08:04 AM
damn squats, keep it up!

Mik
01-21-2004, 08:22 AM
What they said.

galileo
01-21-2004, 10:52 AM
Boom!

WillKuenzel
01-21-2004, 05:39 PM
Cutting and squatting 405. I hate you. That is all.

Hercule
01-21-2004, 05:54 PM
Squats are insane man. Awesome job.

JustinASU
01-21-2004, 07:52 PM
Thanks for the compliments fellas. This weightloss ain't gonna keep up if I keep eating like I've been doing. I had mexican food (El Rodeo actually...) today for lunch and I came home and I WAS going to eat my chicken salad and olive oil before the ****ing cat stuck her face in it. So I cooked some waffles and ate some chciken after them...Im turning into a lazy corporate ****head and soon I'll have a huge gut.

Hercule
01-21-2004, 09:10 PM
damn cat.

Alke
01-21-2004, 09:34 PM
eat the cat and then make a pair fur mittens

Teufelhund
01-21-2004, 11:32 PM
eat the cat and then make a pair fur mittens

just don't eat it in front of your little girl, LOL. That would be one hell of a psychologist bill...

JustinASU
01-22-2004, 09:41 PM
hm....eat the cat....solid protein and not much fat, good idea, what do you recommend? Light wine sauce?

Workout tonight

Decline Bench
135x10
185x5
225x5
245x5
265x3
265x3

Flat Bench
225x4.....too tired.

JM Presses (still working on form) (30 secs rest)
80x12
80x12
80x12
80x12

T-bar rows
1 platex12
2 platesx8
3 platesx5
4 platesx5
4 platesx4

DB rows (30 secs rest)
70x12
70x12
70x12
70x12

Cable curls
150x5
150x5
150x5

JustinASU
01-24-2004, 06:10 PM
today is a good day for lifting. There is this strongest man comp board in my gym that I have always wanted to see my name on. SO I pulled the gym owner out of his office and made him watch me deadlift. I pulled 477 without struggling at all. I think I have 500 in me but my knee started to ache. So I am now first in my weight class on the board. Grt this though....the gym owner, Scott, pulls 650 and he weighs oh...160lbs. He's like 5'4".

Another good thing, my pinch was 10.33mm which supposedly puts me in the 11% range but I say I'm more like 12-13 at 215.5 lbs. Good stuff. I'm gonna celebrate with some herbal refreshment tonight.

WORKOUT

Deads (conventional)
135x12
225x5
315x5
405x2
455x1
477x1
495x1/2
405x1
405x1

AND calf raises and that's all folks.

WillKuenzel
01-24-2004, 06:13 PM
477?! That's badass but how'd you work that out? Isn't that a bit of an odd number?

JustinASU
01-24-2004, 06:26 PM
What up HomeY, yeah it IS odd. he has odd plates though.

Stephen Riddington
01-24-2004, 06:28 PM
T-bar rows
1 platex12
2 platesx8
3 platesx5
4 platesx5
4 platesx4

Is each plate 45lbs?? if so, :omg: At my gym, the most I have seen a guy do is about 2 plates and a 35lbs plate.

Isaac Wilkins
01-24-2004, 06:28 PM
Word! Nice pull, man!

Xand
01-24-2004, 11:05 PM
That's some good weight you pullin'-- enjoy the night.

JustinASU
01-25-2004, 01:26 PM
Homer Yep 45's. I'll take your post as a compliment though I do not think 4 plates is very strong.

Isaac Thanks bro.

Xand Thanks for stopping in! ANd the night was thoroughly enjoyed many times over. :evillaugh

JustinASU
01-25-2004, 01:26 PM
I'm so frustrated right now....

Saint Patrick
01-25-2004, 01:41 PM
455x1
477x1
495x1/2

Nice Pulling man. It seems like less people on this board are doing deadlifts lately. 495/500lbs is my Deadlift goal for my next bulk.

I'm gonna celebrate with some herbal refreshment tonight.

:thumbup: :smoke:

JustinASU
01-25-2004, 02:50 PM
Nice Pulling man. It seems like less people on this board are doing deadlifts lately. 495/500lbs is my Deadlift goal for my next bulk.

:thumbup: :smoke:
Thanks Patty, Deads are truely the king of lifts.

JustinASU
01-25-2004, 02:51 PM
Oh and I want to say that I HATE pansy ass internet message boards that get touchy and when you say something that even remotely could offend them in some way they flip the **** out. **** THEM. I don't need them as long as I got WBB.

Hercule
01-25-2004, 03:47 PM
Nice pull. You got 495 no doubt.

midee1
01-25-2004, 06:37 PM
Damn impressive pull. I agree you'll own 495 shortly. :thumbup:

Mik
01-26-2004, 08:38 AM
5 plates is yours Justin. Nice pullin'.

JustinASU
01-26-2004, 11:32 AM
Here.

Teufelhund
01-26-2004, 11:37 AM
Holy crap, is that what deadlifts do? <considers leaving work to go do da' deads>

Damn, bro, the way the light is hitting your biceps delts and chest, you look freakin' huge. You need to work on taking better pictures though, lol.

Still cutting?

JustinASU
01-26-2004, 11:37 AM
More.

Mik
01-26-2004, 11:39 AM
Dayumm Justin! You're lookin' huge man. The first pic is REALLY blurry but the other two look great. You look thick as hell.

I like your flowery bedspread. :)

briancurran01
01-26-2004, 11:44 AM
More.

Looking really big Justin. Nice work.

galileo
01-26-2004, 11:45 AM
Looking thick.

cphafner
01-26-2004, 11:45 AM
looking big. I'm surprised with your squats that you can't pull 500 now. I'm sure you'll get there in no time.

JustinASU
01-26-2004, 11:49 AM
I want to make it blatently clear....THAT IS MY PARENTS room.

That is all.

Oh and thanks.

Teufelhund
01-26-2004, 11:51 AM
LOL, that second set of pics looks great, flowerboy.

JustinASU
01-26-2004, 11:51 AM
btw those were mostly for Galileo cause he said I looked puny in Will's pics from the Durham weekend.

Than again, I guess I AM puny.

Big o Boy
01-26-2004, 04:12 PM
I can't believe I've been missing out on this journal... Geez. time to catch up. Lookin' big. Lookin' strong. :thumbup:

Hercule
01-26-2004, 07:32 PM
Looking thick.

[Gay Voice] Oh, and those sheets are simply gorgeous[/Gay Voice]

Saint Patrick
01-26-2004, 07:55 PM
Looking big d00d.

JustinF
01-27-2004, 05:11 AM
:withstupi 's

Looking thick man.

JuniorMint6669
01-27-2004, 11:34 AM
Hah! You're a thicky thick guy. Looking good.

galileo
01-27-2004, 11:45 AM
btw those were mostly for Galileo cause he said I looked puny in Will's pics from the Durham weekend.

Than again, I guess I AM puny.
I didn't say puny, I just said you didn't look 220. :cool:

JustinASU
01-27-2004, 12:32 PM
Well GOOD cause I'm not 220! HA HA *cries*

And thick is another version of FAT. Your "compliments" don't fool me!

Teufelhund
01-27-2004, 12:47 PM
ahh damn. He's on to us guys...

JustinASU
01-27-2004, 05:22 PM
Sporadic and half hearted workout today. I had to wade through a sea of 300+ lb juiceheads so I wasn't feeling too good about myself. I go to the ultimate meathead gym.

No Spotter today either..

-Tried Smith machine benching and failed
-Moved onto Hammer Strength Iso-lateral incline chest press
1ppsx10, 2ppsx8, 3ppsx4
-Machine FLyes
130x12 for 4 sets w/ 30 secs rest
-One arm pulldowns
-Chins (overhand, underhand, and neutral grip)
*used only bodyweight since my arms are far from catching up with my bodyweight
-Curls 100x12 for 4 sets with 30 secs rest

Xand
01-27-2004, 09:07 PM
Justin, saw your picks. Looking huuuuge.

JustinASU
01-29-2004, 05:56 PM
xand Thanks! Now THAT's how to compliment someone on their pics. Take notes....psshhhhh "thick".

Workout yesterday that I couldnt post since WBB is down every other minute.

SQUATS

135x10
225x6
315x5
365x4
405x3
405x3
415x2
420x1
***I own you.

LEG CURLZ
stackx12 for 4 sets (30 secs rest)

Calf Raises (SLOOOOOOOW and 30 secs rest in between)
400x8
400x8
420x8
440x6

galileo
01-29-2004, 06:10 PM
Own!

Teufelhund
01-29-2004, 06:21 PM
Yep - the wbb outages are really frustrating. I need my wbb fix!

lol, looks like that meathead gym is rubbing off on you. 420 rocks. And you have me beat on the curls. I don't think I could do the whole stack for 4 sets of 12...

Saint Patrick
01-29-2004, 06:27 PM
Your squatting < My squatting :(

staggard
01-29-2004, 07:05 PM
dude, can i borrow your shoulders until mine grow in??

Big o Boy
01-30-2004, 02:25 AM
Nice squatting boyee! I am owned.

Mik
01-30-2004, 07:14 AM
*bows to king squat*

Nice work man!

Stephen Riddington
01-30-2004, 04:44 PM
*bows to king squat*

Nice work man!

Doesn't King Squat belong to Drew??? :)

cphafner
01-30-2004, 04:47 PM
damn man, squats are massive!

Alke
01-30-2004, 08:20 PM
NICE! 420 would kill me..........

JustinASU
02-01-2004, 11:05 AM
Too tired and too frustrated to make a long response so I'll reply later and post in other journals while I'm at it.

Bad workout yesterday. Of course because it was an upper body one.

FLat BB Bench
135x10
185x5
225x5
235x4
245x2
255x1
265x1
270x1
275x0

JM Press
185x5
185x5
185x5

Lat Pulldowns
160x10
200x6
210x5
220x5
220x5

Pullup Static Holds halfway through the ROM for 2 sets

DB rows
100x6
100x6
(I could do more but I was pushed for time)

Cable Curls
150x5

Mik
02-02-2004, 09:09 AM
Doesn't King Squat belong to Drew??? :)

*takes back bow and moves it to drew's journal*

JustinASU
02-02-2004, 09:07 PM
Mik Pshhh who's got the bigger squat me? or this so called "squat king"?

WORKOUT

Today started off bad. Late to work, berated by the boss, feeling homicidal...

Then came the gym.

I loaded 135 lbs on the bar and pulled it for 10 reps as a simple warm up. Feeling good.

I loaded 225 lbs on the bar to continue the warm up. 6 easy reps. Feeling even better.

I loaded 315 lbs on the bar and pulled an effortless triple. Felling DAMN good.

I loaded 405 lbs on the bar and pulled a nice smooth single. This is cake.

I loaded 455 lbs on the bar and pulled it up as if it were air.

Then I loaded 500 lbs on the bar. I sat there staring at it for a while. This was a weight I have been yearning for, for a long damn time. It looked heavy. The gym owner walked in to watch the pull so he could put up me new PR on the strongman board. I doubted myself, that is, until I felt the knurling in my hands. Metallica flared up on the radio . I grunted and breathed really loud and fast for 5 or 6 breaths and then with all the effort and detemination I could muster I pulled. The first 12 inches flew up and then it halted. Somewhere to the left of me I heard Scott screaming "Pull mother****er!!!!!" I knew this was it. This was my chance to pull a 500. So I gathered all my strength and shaking like a hairless chihuaua in a strong breeze I locked out.

Oh yeah, I deadlifted 500 damn pounds.

I don't even feel loike recording the rest of the workout because it was anticlimatical from there.

I own teh deadlift. I've only been doing it for two years and I've gone from 185 to 500. I'm rather proud of myself. And if you fault me for bragging? Well you can go to hell.

Stephen Riddington
02-02-2004, 09:15 PM
Ummm... where's the f'n video evidence???? Your word ain't enough around here :D

If true, then congrats dude. That's damn heavy!!!

JustinASU
02-02-2004, 09:18 PM
Actually video is seriously coming up next week so keep your eyes on teh journal.

And besides I have WBB witnesses on 485 so what's so hard to believe about hitting 500?

Stephen Riddington
02-02-2004, 09:21 PM
Looking forward to it.

My apologies then for my doubts.

briancurran01
02-02-2004, 09:31 PM
nice work on the deadlift Justin. That is kick ass!!!!

Saint Patrick
02-02-2004, 09:56 PM
*bitch-slaps Homer*

woot for the PR Justin.

Teufelhund
02-02-2004, 10:01 PM
Great job Justin! told well, too.

Isaac Wilkins
02-02-2004, 10:22 PM
Nice pull, man!

:thumbup:

WillKuenzel