PDA

View Full Version : Clean Bulking Carbs

JustinASU
08-21-2003, 09:22 PM
I have yet to have a truely clean bulk so I have no experience with getting clean carbs. First off how many grams of carbs would someone who weighs about 210 lbs need on a clean bulk? I'm so used to keeping my carbs around the 100-200 gr range but I feel that this may not be enough. I usually eat around 300 gr of prot and that will stay solid. I'll keep fat under 100 gr I suppose.

Second question, where can I get enough clean carbs from without going broke? If you could provide some food examples that'd be just super.

gopher
08-21-2003, 10:31 PM
Brown rice, oatmeal (old fashion oats not the flavored instant stuff), yams, whole wheat pasta, and fruits are all excellent "clean" carb sources for a bulk. As for how many carbs to eat, that really depends on your metabloism and activity level. I would guess that starting at around 300 gr carbs along with your 300 gr protein and 100 gr fat would be a good place to start. Monitor your progress and adjust you caloric intake as needed.

bradley
08-22-2003, 03:13 AM
If you are an endomorph, you might try bulking using more of an iso-caloric approach, consuming most of your carbs around training and then switch to more fats and fibrous veggies at other meals.

If you are used to keeping carbs at a low/moderate level, then I would start increasing them gradually over the course of a few weeks. This should help you judge yout "tolerance" to carb, so to speak.