PDA

View Full Version : When to take weight gainer, dextrose....

SmokeyLa
08-21-2003, 09:37 PM
I usually have lunch around 12:30- 1:00pm then i work out around 3:30 or 4pm. I have a shake consisting of
2 cups milk
1 cup oats
2 tbsp Natual peanut butter
1 1/2 scoops protein powder
I also want to take a supplment called v-12(creatine glutamine taurine arginine...) and dextrose plus protein powerder with water for postworkout what order should these be used? I dont want one thing to interfere with the other

smalls
08-21-2003, 10:10 PM
I would leave the PB and the oats out of the postworkout meal. Just go with v-12 with whey and dextrose then 90 minutes later have the real meal.

Holto
08-21-2003, 10:18 PM
the fat in the peanut butter would slow the digestion

you don't want that

bradley
08-22-2003, 03:00 AM
Originally posted by SmokeyLa
I usually have lunch around 12:30- 1:00pm then i work out around 3:30 or 4pm. I have a shake consisting of
2 cups milk
1 cup oats
2 tbsp Natual peanut butter
1 1/2 scoops protein powder
I also want to take a supplment called v-12(creatine glutamine taurine arginine...) and dextrose plus protein powerder with water for postworkout what order should these be used? I dont want one thing to interfere with the other

You might consider taking in a small preworkout shake that consists of protein and carbs about 30 minutes before training. This shake would consist of ~25g of carbs (maltodextrin or dextrose) and ~10g of protein mixed in a small amount of water.

Post workout would be more of the same, just a larger amount of carbs and protein (~50g of carbs and ~25g of protein). I would think that you could take the V12 at this time as well, but then again I have never used V12.:)

dirty-c
08-22-2003, 08:09 AM
No offense intended, but as someone who used to be a supplement junkie, I would advise against buying V12. For sure, its most important ingredient is the creatine, which you can buy a 6 month supply of for a paltry $20. I'm not suggesting you're a supplement junkie, either. I don't know how old you are or how long you've been working out, but when I was younger I believed that miracles could be bought in a bottle.