PDA

View Full Version : peanut butter

Gettingthere
08-22-2003, 03:02 PM
Hello all
Is peanut butter and jelly sandwiches a good source of fat calories; what I mean is ....is fat from peanut butter a healthy source of fat?

Ive just starte to realize that I wasn't getting enough fat in my diet; it was really putting damper on muscle gains :( but adding the fat has seemed to help! :) thanks

bradley
08-22-2003, 04:17 PM
In general peanut butter is a good source of fat, but there are better sources. The main thing is that you are getting a good ratio of omega 6 fatty acids to omega 3 fatty acids and then fill in the rest of your fat calories with monoumsaturated fat.

Along with the peanut butter, include fats from sources such as fish oil, flaxseed oil, and olive oil, which are sources of healthy fats.

The jelly will not really add any nutritional benefit.;)

bradley
08-22-2003, 04:24 PM
Here is an old thread that might help as well.

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34479&highlight=peanut+butter+monounsaturated

DelveyBoy
08-22-2003, 06:52 PM
i hate peanut butter,tastes disguisting.got any alternatives?

SoulOfKoRea
08-22-2003, 10:23 PM
almonds, sunflower seeds, olive oil just to name a few

DelveyBoy
08-23-2003, 02:51 AM
you want me to drink olive oil?

gopher
08-23-2003, 02:59 AM
Originally posted by DelveyBoy
you want me to drink olive oil?
Drink it straight, put it in your protein shake, pour it on your salad, whatever. It's a good source of healthy fats.

Stephen Riddington
08-23-2003, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by gopher

Drink it straight, put it in your protein shake, pour it on your salad, whatever. It's a good source of healthy fats.

Can I chug it, slam it???:D

harryhoudini66
08-23-2003, 06:24 PM
I used to hate peanut butter too unless it was on a Reeses peanut butter cup. Since I started eating natty PB, I love it. I eat it on a whole-wheat sandwich with bananas. Well, I have not eaten it in about two weeks because I an on CKD.

bigkevin20
08-23-2003, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by DelveyBoy
i hate peanut butter,tastes disguisting.got any alternatives?

:eek: :eek: :eek:
I never new that could happen.

Ironman8
08-23-2003, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by bigkevin20

:eek: :eek: :eek:
I never new that could happen.

LMAO! I was thinking the same thing.

Shooter223
08-23-2003, 09:03 PM
I love ALL peanut butter. Problem is, the stuff I used to eat isn't really peanut butter. Jif and Skippy, etc.

So, I decided to make my own.

I mix
2/3 roasted lightly salted peanuts
1/3 soy nuys
bit of olive oil
bit of honey

Use a powerful mixer (Vitamixer).

Voila. Tastes great and I think better for you than the store bought stuff.

Problem is I eat too much of it. I am still 15 pounds too fat. Well, Rome wasn't built in a day. Maybe 3 months in Thailand will help. They offer lots of high protein low saturated fat foods.

Trent_Steel
08-24-2003, 09:59 AM
Well for me peanut butter is death, one lick of peanut butter and I would fall down dead so Im interested in some alternatives too :help:

bradley
08-24-2003, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Trent_Steel
Well for me peanut butter is death, one lick of peanut butter and I would fall down dead so Im interested in some alternatives too :help:

There are plenty of other healthy fat sources such as oily fish, fish oil, flaxseed oil, olive oil, hemp oil, etc.

bigkevin20
08-24-2003, 02:19 PM
That suck I new i a kid in my sumer camp like you about 14 years ago. Alergic to penuts that must suck. So you have never had anything with penuts in it your whjole life sincew you found out huh?

bigkevin20
08-24-2003, 02:19 PM
That suck I new i a kid in my sumer camp like you about 14 years ago. Alergic to penuts that must suck. So you have never had anything with penuts in it your whole life since you found out huh?

Trent_Steel
08-24-2003, 02:48 PM
Never had anything, I dont know what they taste like. I found out when I was 18months old and my mum tried to give me some peanut butter. My neck sweld up and I started to go into anaphalactic shock.
Best stick to flax oil I reckon:rolleyes: