PDA

View Full Version : Maintaining With A Decreased Diet

-TIM-
08-23-2003, 12:46 AM
Hey Gang,

I've recently moved to a new place and the kitchen's being remodeled therefore I don't have a stove. Which really sucks because I can't cook the way I did before. This has cut out the solid breakfast I was used to as well as cooking things like chicken and fish. It's keeping me from getting that 5th and 6th solid meal if I don't resort to suppliments. Which money is tight due to the move and I'm not able to add the suppliments the way I've been able to throught this past year. Okay now to my question :D Is it reasonable to assume I'll be able to at least maintain my body weight if I'm only eating 3-4 solid meals per day? I'm still hitting the weights hard, but I'm not fueling myself for recovery the way I've been able to in the recent past. I foresee being able to get back on track nurtritionally in 2 months at the most. So do you think I can maintain during that time?

Thanks!

bradley
08-23-2003, 04:44 AM
Should not be a problem assuming that you take in enough essential nutrients (protein and EFAs) over the course of those 3-4 meals. Meal frequency is not that important, but I would recommend eating a meal when you wake up and before bed, and also use good pre/post workout nutrition. You would also have to make sure to take in enough calories over the course of your meals to maintain your bodyweight.

-TIM-
08-23-2003, 10:18 AM
Thanks Bradley. I've made such good progress the last 3 months and I'd hate to take a step back. Thanks for the info.