PDA

View Full Version : atkins diet

tankdogg
08-23-2003, 02:36 AM
I was wandering if this was a good diet to be on when doing weights since it's high in protein.

However what would concern me is that I hear people have no energy when on this diet so I don't know how u would be able to workout to the max with no energy.

Has anyone tried it and what do u think? It is a diet which I could stick to no problem since I like all the foods on it.

DelveyBoy
08-23-2003, 02:48 AM
i read in a national paper this morning the atkins diet could of been the cause of death to a 16yr old.i will get the article if i can

bradley
08-23-2003, 05:00 AM
Originally posted by tankdogg
I was wandering if this was a good diet to be on when doing weights since it's high in protein.

Not really, because it is low in carbs, which will translate into low levels of muscle glycogen. You need muscle glycogen which will be your muscles energy source while lifting weights. If you wanted to perform a ketogenic diet I would recommend either a targeted ketogenic diet (TKD) or a cyclical ketogenic diet (CKD), because of the fact that carbs are consumed at specific times when following these types of diets.

Has anyone tried it and what do u think? It is a diet which I could stick to no problem since I like all the foods on it.

You can also run a search on atkins, ketogenic, TKD, and CKD, which will give you a lot of information.:)