PDA

View Full Version : Diet - dunno a thing about this

TheSilentFiend
08-23-2003, 02:11 PM
hello,

ok I basically don't have a set diet. I do eat a lot of carbs and meat like chips, pork chops, beef, etc etc

I am confused how to set a diet purely for gainning muscle mass. I don't really feel like writing down all the grams of fat, carbs etc and making sure i only eat that. If I just eat lotsa meat and carbs is that enough?

WiNgS
08-23-2003, 02:30 PM
eat atleast 1.5g of protein per lb of LBM

eat atleast 3g of carbs per lb of bodyweight (bulking)

eat about 50 - 80g of healthy fats per day but not within two hours of a carb meal especially not a high GI carb meal

High GI carbs should be ingested at breakfast to stabilize blood sugar levels and no later then 2 hours of post workout to take advantage of the anabolic hormone insulin

fat and protein meals should be eaten before bed but try and limit carbs in the latter part of the day

J450n
08-23-2003, 02:32 PM
Carbs, fats, 1lb-1.15lbs of protein per pound bodyweight.... 40/40/20... This is just the basic..
This will probably be moved to the diet forum - have a look in there....

Go to this site.. it's straight forward and you can keep check of what you are eating.. it's not that much hassle honest..

http://www.fitday.com

harryhoudini66
08-23-2003, 03:56 PM
I would say you don't know since you posted in the wrong forum. Try diet and nutrition and you will find a wealth of information.