PDA

View Full Version : Meal Replacements before bed...

MasturNate
08-23-2003, 06:36 PM
What are your thoughts?

I just picked up a box of Meso-Tech MRP's, and I'm wondering if it would be good (or bad) idea to take them shortly before I go to bed.

Serving Size: 1 Packet- 3.15 oz. (89 grams)
Each serving packet provides:
Protein Blend (whey peptides, specially-filtered ion-exchange whey protein, and whey protein concentrate): 52g
Glutamine & Glutamic acid: 10g
Calories: 340
Total Fat: 3.5g
Cholestorol: 93mg
Sodium: 225mg
Potassium: 1000mg
Calcium: 550mg
Total Carbohydrates: 24g
Protein: 52g
Vitamin C: 30mg

Ingredients: MesoPro (Whey Peptides [Modified Weight and Partially Pre-Digested (Hydrolyzed) Whey Protein Concentrate (Providing Di-, Tri-, Olig- and Poly-Peptides) {Shorter and Longer Chains of Amino Acid}], Specially-Filtered and New Ion-Exchanged Whey, {MesoPro Full Spectrum Whey Protein Fractions include: Beta Lactoglobulin ~55%, Alpha Lactalbumin ~15%, Glycomacropeptides ~21%, Immunoglobulins ~3% Bovine Serum Albumin ~2% Lactoferrin <1%}), Maltodextrin, Glutamine Blend (Glutamine, Glutamine Peptides, Calcium Alpha Ketoglutarate), Natural and Artificial Flavors, Cellulose Gums, Red Beet Powder, Vegetable Fiber, Vitamin and Mineral Blend (Magnesium Oxide, Dicalcium Phosphate, Inositol, Ascorbic Acid, Vitamin E Acetate, Niacinamide, D-Calcium Pantothenate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Vitamin A Palmitate, Thiamin Mononitrate, Folic Acid, Biotin, Cholecalciferol, Cyanocobalamin), Phenylalanine, Taurine, Guar Guam, Xanthan Gum, Beta-Carotene, Acesulfame Potassium, Aspartame, Carrageenan, Essential Fatty Acid Blend (EFAs) (Borage Oil, Lecithin, Flax Seed Oil).

bradley
08-24-2003, 04:11 AM
Whey protein would not be the ideal protein source before bed, and if you are going to use these MRPs before bed, I would recommend mixing them with milk or throwing in some type of fat to slow the absorption of the whey.

The article below makes some good points about whey protein, and whey is probably best used pre/post workout.:)

http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=110

MasturNate
08-24-2003, 07:32 AM
Thanks for your reply, Bradley.

I forgot to mention that last night I threw a tablespoon of peanut butter in with my MRP shake.

The reason I asked was because I pretty much ran out of food, and that's often the case with me, being short on money. I'll look into buying some Casein for such situations, and save the MRP's for the daytime/post-workout.

:)

JuniorMint6669
08-24-2003, 09:39 AM
As bradley said, whey probably isnt best before bed, but it is better than nothing if you run out of food.