PDA

View Full Version : Body Fat % Examples

-TIM-
08-24-2003, 09:52 PM
Does anybody know of any sites that show you pictures of people at different body fat % so you can get an idea of what it looks like being at a certain %. Thanks :)

hemants
08-25-2003, 07:19 AM
For men my guess would be:

Love handles/beer gut = over 16%
Bowflex guy/Mens' Health model/Olympic gymnast = ~7-8%
Pro tennis player/hockey player = 12-13%

Anyone?

Dr X
08-25-2003, 07:53 AM
1. Full House = Over 20% bodyfat with no visible muscle definition.

2. Hard = Some muscle separation appears between delts and upper arm. Abs are still not visible. Approx. bodyfat level = 15-19%

3. Cut = More muscle separation appears particularly in the chest and back, outline of the abs begins to appear slightly. Approx. bodyfat level = 12-14%

3. Defined = Muscle separations get deeper in the arms, chest, legs and back, and abs appear when flexed. Approx. bodyfat level = 10-12%

4. Ripped = Abs are clearly visible all the time, vascularity in arms is prominent, chest and back separation is obvious, and face is starting to appear more angular. Condition can be held indefinitely. Approximate bodyfat level = 7-9%

5. Shredded = Striations appear in large muscle groups when they are flexed. Vascularity appears in lower abdomen and in the legs. Condition can be held for several days with careful dieting. Approximate bodyfat level = 5-7%

6. Sliced = Muscles and tendons begin to appear in the face when chewing, striations appear everywhere and vascularity appears everywhere. Bodyfat levels are close to 3% and subcutaneous water levels are near 0. Condition can only be held for a few hours at a time. Not a healthy condition to stay in due to lower water level.

jugheadkills
08-25-2003, 08:36 AM
sliced? HAHA!

Mic Soloist
08-27-2003, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Dr X

3. Defined = Muscle separations get deeper in the arms, chest, legs and back, and abs appear when flexed. Approx. bodyfat level = 10-12%

I'm 10% but I can barely see abs when flexed

-mic-

Frankster
08-27-2003, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Mic Soloist

I'm 10% but I can barely see abs when flexed

-mic-

I think it varies per individual and also on how much your abs are developped. I'm around 7% bf, but I am just now starting to see the bottom last 2 abs.

eatdirt40
08-27-2003, 05:56 PM
i can only slightly see my abs and i was tested at 19%, but all these devises are barely 50% accurate

Mic Soloist
08-27-2003, 06:01 PM
I got tested today and they said it could vary by 2% or so. But she said it was usually higher if anything. I'm pretty sure mine was on point cuz I know I can't be lower than 10%

-mic-

SoulOfKoRea
08-27-2003, 06:37 PM
ehhh, I'm stuck in the ~7%, even while bulking :)

SoulOfKoRea
08-27-2003, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by Dr X
1. Full House = Over 20% bodyfat with no visible muscle definition.

2. Hard = Some muscle separation appears between delts and upper arm. Abs are still not visible. Approx. bodyfat level = 15-19%

3. Cut = More muscle separation appears particularly in the chest and back, outline of the abs begins to appear slightly. Approx. bodyfat level = 12-14%

4. Ripped = Abs are clearly visible all the time, vascularity in arms is prominent, chest and back separation is obvious, and face is starting to appear more angular. Condition can be held indefinitely. Approximate bodyfat level = 7-9%

5. Shredded = Striations appear in large muscle groups when they are flexed. Vascularity appears in lower abdomen and in the legs. Condition can be held for several days with careful dieting. Approximate bodyfat level = 5-7%

6. Sliced = Muscles and tendons begin to appear in the face when chewing, striations appear everywhere and vascularity appears everywhere. Bodyfat levels are close to 3% and subcutaneous water levels are near 0. Condition can only be held for a few hours at a time. Not a healthy condition to stay in due to lower water level.

I've never seen vascularity in my abs, I guess that will be a long-term goal of mine in the future. ;). I can see em in my legs though..

and you left one out :)

7. Skinless = Muscles and tendons are unmistakably visible. Striations and muscle seperations appear in every position. Bodyfat levels are close to -3%-1%. Condition means you are dead.

http://www.exrx.net/Graphics/DeltoidAnteriorFront.gif

eatdirt40
08-27-2003, 07:09 PM
i wanna see my abs :(

HORNEDFROGS07
08-27-2003, 09:51 PM
Depends on the person. I'm between 11 and 13%, and I can see vascularity and some definition in my arms and legs, but not in the chest and especially not in the abs.

Black Ice 72
08-27-2003, 10:24 PM
I've seen guys with 15% and abs. I've also seen guys with 9% and none...but they are just really weak.

Scott S
08-27-2003, 11:01 PM
LOL @ SoulOfKorea

Different people store fat differently, so it does vary. I have a feeling I'm going to need to cut a lot to get decent abs (and a small enough ass. :()

Mic Soloist
08-27-2003, 11:03 PM
I'm 10% and the only fat I have is on my upper butt/lower back and oblique area. It is so annoying cuz if it weren't for that I would be VERY happy with my body. I carry fat like a girl:(

-mic-

Scott S
08-27-2003, 11:07 PM
BTW, I think a lot of the guys that competed in the 1950s were around 8%. FWIW.

-TIM-
08-27-2003, 11:48 PM
Thanks for the info gang, but I was looking for visual examples. Like actual photos. Thanks ;)

eatdirt40
08-28-2003, 05:09 PM
im 15% and i can see a lil outline of my top abs but the bottom ones are ancient burried treasure never to be found