PDA

View Full Version : Is "normal" pasta and sauce ok?

Madd Hatter
08-25-2003, 04:46 PM
Pasta of course is on the list of carb sources. Since I can't seem to grow muscle, I've started eating a plateful of pasta with Ragu Trad'l sauce for dinner on some of the days I lift. According to the labels, I think I should be ok.

....I also have a gut I'd like to get rid of. Is this helping or hurting overall?

Spiderman
08-25-2003, 04:49 PM
Well, if you wanna get rid of the bodyfat..keep the carbs at a lower amount and the protein higher. If the pasta is coming right after your workout, I'd say you're fine with it like that. However, if its anytime else..I'd say cut it out. Lower the carbs and up the protein.

dirty-c
08-26-2003, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Madd Hatter
a plateful of pasta with Ragu Trad'l sauce

Everyone's definition of a "plateful" is different, so I have no idea how much your eating. Back when I was in high school and subscribed to the "eat as much as your f**king can" principle, I used to eat pasta all the time. After I got to college and got more serious about getting scientific w/ it, I got a food scale and found out that the "plateful" I was eating contained about 160-200gm of carb (sauce + pasta). That is way too much carbs to be eating at any one sitting, unless your carb loading for an ironman or something.....