PDA

View Full Version : Is it sad Cutting for a fancy dress party? :)

MorganB
08-28-2003, 08:23 AM
First of all I want to take this chance to thanks just about all of you on these boards. I have been in damned good shape most of my life, athletic and pretty cut, BUT ive been carrying some accumulated injuires for years. And they were getting worse.

Since coming to these boards Ive managed not only to gain 2kg of lean body mass, Ive almost 95% recovered from some injuries I thought Id have till I died. Im healthier and more energetic than ive been since my twenties and im looking even better now than then. And I owe it pretty much all to advice from these boards and this website. The routines, the diet and even the mental attitude. So a big thanks from me.

Now back to the topic :)

I came back from holiday mid july having lost a lot of body fat and since then ive bulked up about 2.5kg. Most of it muscle I think, but a small amount of fat appeared as I was told to expect.

Now I have a fancy dress party arranged for halloween, and I always take my costumes to the limit. This year I wanted to show off my abs a little. I say this anywhere but here and people look at me like im messed up :) But whats the point of working for the body if you cant reap the rewards right?

So I wanted to Cut a little before the party. And as I have never ever conciously tried to do this before Im looking for advice. I was thinking of reducing the carbs post workout so my shake was about 50/50 protein to carb rather than 33/66 as it is now. I was thinking reduced carb intake after 6pm with deserts being the major offender. My unsicientific guesstimate is I can drop 500-700 calories a day without going hungry or altering my daily routine.

I was also wondering when to start it. I was thinking 4 weeks before. That gives me six or seven more weeks to bulk up, and then a quick cut.

Im not looking for a competition cut, im just really looking for something to make me feel even better about myself, and nothing quite does that than removing a little fat around the waist :)

PS. If cutting will make me more likely to agravate those injuries I mentioned, tell me cos that way more important than impressing the ladies .... I think :)

manowar669
08-28-2003, 09:03 AM
Cut if you want to, but I figure you are in MUCH better shape than most guys at this party. After the alcohol starts to sink in, you are gonna look REAL good to ladies;). Also, if it isn't working out, start drinking yourself, have a good time! Remember, you can drink any woman beautiful.

Relentless
08-28-2003, 09:08 AM
you have 2 months

just enough time for a ketogenic cut -- why not try a TKD? Hell, why not talk to BennettBoy or BigChaseyChase and get some water depletion tips as well and get RIPPED for the party. I know you said you don't want to, but why do things halfway?

eatdirt40
08-28-2003, 09:53 AM
you can do it, just read some more on the site and get urself enough knowledge so accomplish it

MorganB
08-28-2003, 10:18 AM
Water depletion tips sounds interesting. Ill do some checking.